• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Pokémon Trainer (male)'s voice isn't that great in English either. I think it's trying to sound like Ash Katchum but it just sounds super raspy for some reason.
They should have just gotten Veronica Taylor to voice the trainers, her Ash voice for Red and her May voice for Leaf.

Would have sounded ten times better

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Just a coincidence, but it's funny that this fits Reimu's description.
I think that person was trying to hint towards Nakoruru since both her and Reimu have a very similar shrine maiden motif. I still find it funny that they had to specify "not Reimu" specifically, as if most people would jump to that conclusion from the vague description of "fighting game girl with throwable projectile"

Plank08

Smash Lord
I would really wanna know how PapaGenos would react if they actually put Geno in the game. Same thing with HMK and Sora.
He would react how I would if Sackboy got in
I mean franchises that have worldwide appeal. I don't know how many "Big" Japanese franchises are left without a rep.
There’s also LittleBigPlanet, God of War, and a lot more Sony franchises, Minecraft, and Overwatch to name a few

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

SNEKeater

Smash Master
You think they'll save FP5 for the Game Awards again? Or will it be showcased in some way alongside Terry because it's a humbler first party or something? Or maybe both, with TGA starting off the post-FP DLC with a bang even if they're at the same early stages of development Joker was in when he got announced there early?
I honestly don't think they will reveal fighter 5 in Terry's presentation. It doesn't matter who is fighter 5 but announcing him alongside Terry would be, at least for me, a strange decision. Mostly because they would want to focus in Terry. A new character would take a good portion of the spotlight, but also the announcement of the next fighter would be weaker due to Terry's release.

Honestly I don't want that to happen to Terry and the next character, even if that means I have to wait a bit more to know who is fighter 5.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
- So we got Shiftys source saying Ryu

- Papas source saying Crash

- And a Reimu leak as well?

Just waiting on Best Buy or Nintendo to officially leak whats good now

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
- So we got Shiftys source saying Ryu

- Papas source saying Crash

- And a Reimu leak as well?

Just waiting on Best Buy or Nintendo to officially leak whats good now
Watch the answer be D. Something from outta nowhere!

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't think they will reveal fighter 5 in Terry's presentation. It doesn't matter who is fighter 5 but announcing him alongside Terry would be, at least for me, a strange decision. Mostly because they would want to focus in Terry. A new character would take a good portion of the spotlight, but also the announcement of the next fighter would be weaker due to Terry's release.

Honestly I don't want that to happen to Terry and the next character, even if that means I have to wait a bit more to know who is fighter 5.
Terry's announcement I'm sure was weaker compared to Banjo's release....allot weaker given his release was the same day. If they don't announce it next to Terry, then odds are it probably won't happen either at the end of the year or the next year. It's not like I know, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Didn't they announce Terry and release Banjo in the same day?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think they will reveal fighter 5 in Terry's presentation. It doesn't matter who is fighter 5 but announcing him alongside Terry would be, at least for me, a strange decision.
Even though that's exactly what they did with Banjo? Doing the in-depth Banjo presentation at the same time as Terry's announcement?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Reimu would be sick. Big fan. I've been low key wanting her in since the old Jeuxvideo troll that had her and Ayumi Tachibana.

I like that we have options and Happenings now. There's always stuff like Bandai-Namco and Capcom reps waiting in the wings too.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
PapaGenos responds to the Sabi discord leak saying no Crash.

So right now for fighter 5 we got: Ryu vs Reimu

And potential future fighters Crash, and maaaaybe Geno.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
PapaGenos responds to the Sabi discord leak saying no Crash.

So right now for fighter 5 we got: Ryu vs Reimu

And potential future fighters Crash, and maaaaybe Geno.
Idk man I'm hearing Sabi say the person who told him Crash is happening tends to make fake leaks and got banned in her server for it

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Idk man I'm hearing Sabi say the person who told him Crash is happening tends to make fake leaks and got banned in her server for it
Can you confirm this? I really doubt Papa would call a banned fake leaker a trusted source, especially considering that Papa and Sabi are in the same circles.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can you confirm this? I really doubt Papa would call a banned fake leaker a trusted source, especially considering that Papa and Sabi are in the same circles.
I saw a screencap of a post here about it and I checked it by searching and a guy called Nazyrus in the Geno thread brought it up. And I'd doubt El Grande Padre di Jeno would make a 13 minute clickbait video yet he did soooooo... Also the post says Sabi told El Grande that after he spread it as he didn't know iirc

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I'm from Gamefaqs right

so in this topic

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78098760/929006508

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78098760/929006624

This guy says that the person who deconfirmed Crash and Tracer apprantly also deconfirmed a few other characters. The exact post was deleted, but these two posts are a reaction to the post before it was deleted (one of them mine)
We gotta have someone ask Sabi about this one.

edit: okay it’s bullcrap like mostly everything else from GameFAQs that isn’t said by Vergeben. Nazyrus just told me, they’re a member of Sabi’s discord and I think who shared what the NoA source said about Crash and Tracer.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
And I'd doubt El Grande Padre di Jeno would make a 13 minute clickbait video yet he did soooooo... Also the post says Sabi told El Grande that after he spread it as he didn't know iirc
Stop calling it clickbait. Its a guy with sources telling us what he's heard and keeping ppl updated. Not every lead is going to be true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it
Ky, May, Sin, Dizzy and That Man for Sol
Zangetsu, Alfred, Gebel and Gremory for Miriam
Good enough right?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Bandana Dee's stage could be the Dream Palace from Star Allies, and all the Dream Friends without major roles in the game already could cameo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Stop calling it clickbait. Its a guy with sources telling us what he's heard and keeping ppl updated. Not every lead is going to be true.
I literally said he wasn't aware his lead was a phony while mentioning how he clickbaits because he does clickbait yet people pretend he's physically unable to clickbait

Also apparantly the "fan remixers are being approched for Reimu in Smash" thing is a common thing

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Luke, Emmy, chelmey, Don Paolo and Descole.

Riku, Kairi, Axel, Roxas and I don't know who to fill the fifthed spot, Squall I guess.

Goro Majima five times.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Finally! Something cool to talk about!

Well my most wanted now is my pipedream pick, Sgt. Cortez who will never happen.

His stage would be the Space Station's time portal room that looks like this

Time portal.png

And the people popping out of the portal for a few seconds and then jump back in would be these guys

Guys.png

Left to right: Captain Ash, Harry Tipper, R-110, Amy Chen and Jo-Beth Casey

There you go.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I literally said he wasn't aware his lead was a phony while mentioning how he clickbaits because he does clickbait yet people pretend he's physically unable to clickbait
g
as per usual, you post something condescending then get defensive when someone calls you out on it. what do you expect for smash leak news? anderson cooper and a team of reporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom