• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
My prediction: People are gonna get disappointed, because they convinced themselves of something that didn't happen.
Personally, I'd love a character barely anyone expected/predicted. For example, even as a FF/KoF/SNK fan, Terry wasn't on my radar. Give us more of that, por favor.

More often than not, whatever they put in just... works, ya know? I still don't get the Corrin hate, e.g. They're hands down my second favorite Fire Emblem character to use thus far.

As for the leaks, I'm not believing anything until literally the week that Terry drops. Regardless, nothing beats datamine leaks, but Nintendo caught on lol.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it
For Dante: Trish, Lady, Vergil, Nero, and some of the demons from DMC.
For Byleth: Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Rhea and Sothis. (He's Nintendo though so IDK...)
For Doomguy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1539743236522.jpg

Troykv

Smash Master
Personally, I'd love a character barely anyone expected/predicted. For example, even as a FF/KoF/SNK fan, Terry wasn't on my radar. Give us more of that, por favor.

More often than not, whatever they put in just... works, ya know? I still don't get the Corrin hate, e.g. They're hands down my second favorite Fire Emblem character to use thus far.

As for the leaks, I'm not believing anything until literally the week that Terry drops. Regardless, nothing beats datamine leaks, but Nintendo caught on lol.
Technically Reimu is a character that would appear just randomly in a lot of people's radar, like it happened with Terry, but of course, we actually have more time to prepare for Reimu compared with Terry where the character was pretty much leaked before release.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Then they'd just create a new fake identity to leak the information.

Of course, the entire reason they're pretending to leak info is the attention, so they'd NEVER do that.

WHAT proof?! None of that stuff constitutes actual proof!
I was referring to what makes these leakers credible. Miswording on my part.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

I mean, same. On all accounts that is.
My own most wanted - both first-party and third-party, Elma and Amaterasu - are hardly ever discussed, so it would honestly be hypocritical of me to not root for the underdogs. Get it dogs because Ammy is a wolf
Just for being a less popular pick, Terry has already endeared himself to me. Still not enough to finally buy the Fighter Pass or even buy his standalone DLC, but he's still cool in my book.

And yeah, Corrin is probably the most fun to play out of any FE character currently in the game, just ahead of Robin. Though tbh, I still prefer the Smash 4 incarnations of both of them

My stance on leaks I have meanwhile already made clear enough, I believe.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It sounds like the voice of a five year old girl. If Toon Zelda ever made it in, that's how she should sound like, I feel.
Still better than Mega Man's voice in Mega Man 8 though.

Minecraft Level - Creepers, Endermen, Skeletons, Pigs, and Zombies
I have a feeling all but the pig would be a stage hazard.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Finally! Something cool to talk about!

Well my most wanted now is my pipedream pick, Sgt. Cortez who will never happen.

His stage would be the Space Station's time portal room that looks like this

And the people popping out of the portal for a few seconds and then jump back in would be these guys

View attachment 242808
Left to right: Captain Ash, Harry Tipper, R-110, Amy Chen and Jo-Beth Casey

There you go.
What, no Monkey?

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone.

Y'all talkin' 'bout Reimu being the third FP5 candidate today. Seems kinda fishy, but hey, it's someone I can side with.

My take is I'm still vigilant. If multiple people on doujin companies are working on new remixes, would it be for a new game and not Smash? It's still worth taking consideration for.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Also, another game, if base roster newcomers had their own stages, what would they be and who would cameo?
I still think Incineroar should have come with Aether Paradise/Ultra Wormhole as a transformation stage. Ft. good boi Xurkitree and Buzzwole

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Best thing about the Reimu ''leak'' is that by the time FP5 is revealed and it's Hayabusa people will like it because we'll have been talking about someone else.

andree123

Smash Ace
I heard that Sabi reported that Brew got a C&D.
Some people stated that he is lying but I'm one of them.
Edit: I believe that may be a inspect element.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
572.jpg

me supporting reimu for smash even though i've never played a touhou game and have only the most basic knowledge of the series as a whole

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What, no Monkey?
Just had to include all of Cortez's companions which conveniently make up five characters. Plus I like to be authentic.

Best thing about the Reimu ''leak'' is that by the time FP5 is revealed and it's Hayabusa people will like it because we'll have been talking about someone else.
Ewww... Reimu... I'll be more happy to ignore any conversations revolving around her.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted
Well, my most wanted is Ninja Gaiden, and I don't really have 5 characters from that series I'd want to appear in the background.

So I'll do Ghosts 'N Goblins instead, which is my #3 pick.

I'd basically just want to see a version of the Demon Village stage from MvC3. Which it's various accompanying characters. Like Red Arremer(obviously), Astaroth, Zombies, Flying Knights, maybe the Princess shows up.

Alternatively, my #4 pick is River City Ransom, which is even easier to pick characters for. If he doesn't end up as an alt or echo for Kunio, Riki would obviously be there. Either Hasabe and Mami or Misako and Kyoko. Shinji and Misuzu are possibilities. And if you get a few villains in there, you can have the Godai, Yamada, or the Dragon Twins, Ryūichi and Ryūji.

You all would have to give me the rundown on why Reimu should be in, because I honestly cant see it.
She honestly doesn't deserve more than the Sans treatment of getting a Mii Gunner costumes, and one song to go with it.

people in november 2019, seeing both ryu and reimu as equally possible:
Anyone who actually considers those equally possible...I don't even know what to say to them... I've never seen a more blatant example of "fan of character makes up leak so people will talk about their character".

Plank08

Smash Lord
I got to be honest guys, I know a lot of people want touhou in smash but I personally don’t and I just don’t see Reimu getting in the fighter pass, maybe in the future but my money’s on either Crash, Doomslayer, Ryu, or Geno, I don’t see anyone else happening

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I am willing to say Reimu is one of my top four most wanted characters(The other three being Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, and Dante) and I would love to see her in the game but my main worry is how people will react. If people had a fit over Hero and Terry Bogard, I would hate to see the Internet when/if Reimu is in.

She's one of those characters where she does tick quite a few checkmarks but there's also competition that would fit in as well. At least the roster is expanding beyond the first Fighters pass.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it
For some of the stages I want to see in particular, multiple cameos wouldn't make a huge amount of sense.

For Elenor Camuel, the stage I'd like to see them use is Falz Memoria; the meadow and successive Hellscape where you fight Dark Falz. I could see Dark Falz appearing as a stage hazard and a cameo himself, but the only other character you could really work in there would be Rico Tyrell, and then because reasons you'd most likely lose Dark Falz and restrict the stage to the peaceful aesthetic. If you made Dark Falz a proper boss, you could get work her in, but eh...

If you went with Pioneer 2 as the stage, you could have a lot more cameos (Kireek, Ash Canaan, Dr. Montague, Alicia Baz, Tekkers, banker, nurse, etc.)... But the stage wouldn't be as powerful or dynamic, IMO. Granted I love the pioneer 2, but Falz Memoria just sticks with me so strongly.

For Hildibrand (or another XIV rep if that's too outlandish), I'd actually like to see the Carteneau Flats as the stage during the Fall of Dalamud. While the GC leaders, and Gaius were there, they weren't on the frontlines. I guess you could have Derplander's party amongst the soldiers in the background, and you could certainly get Dalamud. If you make it something akin to the way the giants appear in Termina Bay, you could work in Louisoix coming in to ward of Bahamut and using the seal of 12 before failing and having the stage reset in a blinding flash of light.

Of course, you could just give XIV a dull stage too (Manderville Gold Saucer, Shiokaze Hostelry, Pillars of Ishgard, Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks, etc.) and get several cameos out of that, but is it really worth it? :-(

Then there's characters like Giana where you'd be hard-pressed to get enough meaningful cameos no matter how you slice it. You could probably work out having the bosses from Twisted Dreams show up and maybe include some of the mooks as stage hazards, but that's basically it for characters. Technically Maria could show up, but I'm not even sure they want to commit to a design for her right now. >_>

Some others are... easier.
Reimu Hakurei - Hakurei Shrine (though I'd prefer Shining Needle Castle or Eientei): Marisa, Mima, Yukari, Genji, and Suika. Aya too for a 6th.
Sakura Shinguji - 'Tokyo' (I'm open. Castle, Ueno Park, in front of the Revue, whatever): Ogami and the rest of the Imperial Floral Assault Group.
Haruka Amami - 'Live Concert'. Pick an idol. Any idol. The 765 crew are the most likely, but any of them could be there. 346, 961, 315, etc...

and so on...

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I am willing to say Reimu is one of my top four most wanted characters(The other three being Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, and Dante) and I would love to see her in the game but my main worry is how people will react. If people had a fit over Hero and Terry Bogard, I would hate to see the Internet when/if Reimu is in.
tbh no character will make everyone happy. Regardless of who the last fighter is, there’ll be unhappy people. Japan was hype over hero and I’m sure they’d be hype over Reimu. If you only care about the west’s reaction, then you’re looking at a specific group of characters being seen as “acceptable”.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
They're usually vocal as sin. I know there were even people angry over Banjo-Kazooie of all characters, too. And I can tell you even the likes of Geno and Sora will have their detractors if they got in.

It just gets a bit tiring seeing people complain about a specific character if they're new and I can imagine Reimu getting in will blow the lid off the Western side of things.

Though if she is in, I'll have to do some Social Media muting for a bit until she's near release.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also, another game, if base roster newcomers had their own stages, what would they be and who would cameo?
Well besides Inkling and Simon who could have the ones actually added

Daisy: Birabuto Kingdom (First world)
Ridley: Norion Generator C (Metroid Prime 3 fight)
Richter: Dinner of Flames (Based off the first level of Rondo of Blood)
Chrom: Grima (Final Battle of FE: Awakening)
Dark Samus: Aether (Metroid Prime 2, swaps between light and dark)
King K. Rool: Ganplank Galleon (Could it be anything else?)
Isabelle: Smash Camp
Ken: Battle Harbour
Incineroar: Altar of the Sunne/Moone

And as a bonus-
Piranha Plant: Bring back the Brawl 1-2 version of Mushroomy Kingdom

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Eh. It's fine... If a bunch of people unfamiliar with Touhou want to scream about Touhou, well...

That's still a lot more people talking about Touhou.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Yeah I don’t know how gangplank Galleon didn’t get in, I would gladly trade one of the returning stages if I had to
Replace 75m with Gangplank Galleon. No one will miss that awful stage.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

She's one of those characters where she does tick quite a few checkmarks but there's also competition that would fit in as well. At least the roster is expanding beyond the first Fighters pass.
To be honest even though Touhou is kinda niche, since its popularity is mostly with the kind of hardcore crowds that frequent the internet you might not actually see a lot of people complaining. Touhou has that kind of internet cred and it started a couple of memes back in the day.

Though maybe it's just wishful thinking from my part, the backlash to Terry really caught me off guard.

I'd miss 75m.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing I would like for them to do is to enable select songs from other series outside the categories.

Like Pokemon and Street Fighter music on Boxing Ring, Mysterious Castle Marasume on Shinjaku Castle and Gangplank Galleon on Pirate Ship

D

Deleted member

Yeah I don’t know how gangplank Galleon didn’t get in, I would gladly trade one of the returning stages if I had to
Most likely an overlap with the Windwaker boat stage and that K. Rool was added due to not needing a stage due to being part of DK.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, my most wanted is Ninja Gaiden, and I don't really have 5 characters from that series I'd want to appear in the background.

So I'll do Ghosts 'N Goblins instead, which is my #3 pick.

I'd basically just want to see a version of the Demon Village stage from MvC3. Which it's various accompanying characters. Like Red Arremer(obviously), Astaroth, Zombies, Flying Knights, maybe the Princess shows up.

Alternatively, my #4 pick is River City Ransom, which is even easier to pick characters for. If he doesn't end up as an alt or echo for Kunio, Riki would obviously be there. Either Hasabe and Mami or Misako and Kyoko. Shinji and Misuzu are possibilities. And if you get a few villains in there, you can have the Godai, Yamada, or the Dragon Twins, Ryūichi and Ryūji.

She honestly doesn't deserve more than the Sans treatment of getting a Mii Gunner costumes, and one song to go with it.

Anyone who actually considers those equally possible...I don't even know what to say to them... I've never seen a more blatant example of "fan of character makes up leak so people will talk about their character".
Hard disagree. The series is pushing almost 30 years going in Japan and regularly sells out convention centers dedicated to it and it alone.

Yeah, I think Hyabusa is more likely, but Touhou is bloody massive in Japan. A series doesn't exist for almost 30 years and have huge festivals dedicated to itself if it's not a massive success.

Just because the series is incredibly niche in the west is no reason to downplay it. Look at Terry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized that the number of stages and fighters for both the DK and Metroid series is equal.

DK stages: Kongo Jungle 64, Kongo Falls, Jungle Hijinxs Melee (3)
DK Fighters: K.Roo, DK, Diddy (3)

Metroid stages: Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon (4)
Metroid fighters: Ridley, Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus (4)

Nothing huge or anything like that, just a silly coincidence I just noticed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So can I get an update on what rumors are still alive and what ones got debunked?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
My most wanted is Gordon Freeman, and I want his stage to be Black Mesa, so I'd pick a headcrab, a vortigaunt, a houndeye, a bullsquid and a gargantua to occasionally show up and perform vaguely menacing gestures toward the fighters.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
As much as I dislike 75m's layout, I do like how it fills a purpose of representing the original Donkey Kong arcade game and gives us a stage that isn't another jungle. The original Donkey Kong is the one most people recognize, so it'd be kind of weird if they didn't represent it in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom