• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it
If Elma’s stage is New Los Angeles - Lin, Tatsu, Lao, Nagi, Vandham

Gonna bend the rules for Octoling’s hypothetical stage, MC.Princess Diaries: the helicopter with Off The Hook is in the sky as usual, and the remains of the NILS Statue in the background. Every 30 seconds, Marina drops Hyperbombs that can be detonated and damage all opponents, and once two minutes pass, Pearl descends from the sky and whoever reaches her first will get her to whip out the Princess Cannon facing the direction the player was facing and let out a big grand BOO-YAAAAAAAHHHH, KOing anyone on the receiving end instantly

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Welp, I’m sick of constant leaks and/or information being shared that could spoil the game. So, I’ll see ya guys later. I’d rather have a little bit of a surprise factor than not, even if whoever it is ends up not being hype at all for me. Adios!

D

Deleted member

Here’s a fun game, so every Ultimate stage has special cameos in it, so pick 5 characters that would cameo in the stage of your most wanted, like for example
In a LBP stage, I would want the Garden King, Negetivitron, Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop to cameo in it
Gosh it's really hard for me to think of the top 5 cameos for a Dynasty Warriors' stage, but I got a few in mind:

First, we have Liu Bei going around spouting some **** about benevolence
Second, we have Cao Cao yelling about putting an end to the chaos
Third, we have Zhuge Liang show up and have the entire stage become super windy
Fourth, we have Sima Yi calling everybody that gets KO'd imbeciles
and finally, we have Lu Bu jumping in as a stage boss that 1 shots anyone that pursues him

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve:

New World:

A creeper, a pig, a cow, a pink sheep, and a flying squid.

maybe Herobrine could show up rarely Other mobs and jockeys would show up as well, of course.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
as per usual, you post something condescending then get defensive when someone calls you out on it. what do you expect for smash leak news? anderson cooper and a team of reporters?
My dude the best example of papagenos being clickbait is takin 1 picture of a tweet and talking about it for 13 minutes. I even said he simply wasn't aware his source was **** because I could have easily spun the narrative by not adding that detail

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Flora, Emmy, Katrielle, Don Paolo and Descole for Layton's stage (I'd say Luke should appear in his victory screen and probably taunts as well, like Morgana for Joker)

Apollo, Athena, Edgeworth, the Judge and Trucy Wright/Pearl Fey for Phoenix (same with Maya as with Luke, have her show up alongside Phoenix somewhere)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Edelgard got in, and had a Garreg Mach stage alongside her, pretty much any character could work since they all have full models to port over. They'd probably, at the very least, include Byleth, Dimitri, and Claude, as well as Hubert since he's her retainer. The final one would be Rhea because, well, it's Garreg Mach.

Though considering her Final Smash would likely be a Gambit Boost with its own cameos, Byleth and Hubert could show up there instead.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Most wanted and practically pipeline, actually semi-realistic if things go its way, Dota 2:

Roshan, the boss character / creature with the stage taking place in his home: Roshan's Pit. Probably battling the heroes who fight him the best (the Ursa Warrior and the Wraith King - allied with each other). With the two heroes squabbling over Roshan's game-changing spoils - one of them being Aghanim's Scepter late game*. The three are threatened by the opposing side's Tidehunter and Medusa: two heroes who are infamously good at fighting at chokepoints (the Pit is the most famous one).

For more realistic, I choose Crash. And for him I'd like:

Neo Cortex,, probably accompanied by N. Brio, N. Gin or Uka Uka.
Coco's also a no brainer, probably along with Pura or the Polar Bear. Tawna, or one of the Trophy Girls, are also excellent nods given their recent return to the spotlight.

*(A nod to the in-fighting that easily happen, and does happen a lot, in team-base games)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
There's been talk of it over in Reimu's thread.

Then again, most probably consider it debunked due to the "Milk-Bosatu" person saying Reimu ain't in.
Milk Bosatsu said fighter 4 was a woman with a homing projectile or some **** Terry is a grown *** man with Power Waves who's still believing them?
Just a coincidence, but it's funny that this fits Reimu's description.
Timeline of Milk Bosatu in regardds to the female character is like this

1. Female fighter is first brought up in November of 2018
2. In June of 2019, he brings up that the Female looks like a fighting game character and that his source doesn't know who it is.
3. People ask him en masse if the character was Reimu (At the time, I believe she was the front runner)
4. He specifically says it's not Reimu because his source knows who Reimu is
5. Sometime after, he posts the details of the flying weapon
6. A couple days after that his source only saw a textureless model
7. Sometime in September, he says that his source has no idea if it's Nakururu or not (We now know it wasn't) but that the characters have similarities

Literally the only thing that says it's not Reimu is him saying it's not despite everything else lining up perfectly. Either way, I have plenty of issues with it, mostly because it doesn't make sense in a timeline. I don't see how they would have seen a textureless model in November or before (honestly, I am making this assumption here, but if I recall, the wording Bosatu has used seems to imply that all of the information seems to come from when his source who visited Nintendo around November) that would be for a character released more than a year from that point.

Source: https://www.ssbwiki.com/list_of_rumors#Milk-BOSATU_leak

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So it's Hayabusa, vs Crash, vs Lloyd, vs Reimu for Fighter Pack 5?

Oh yeah Geno's there too I guess...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Timeline of Milk Bosatu in regardds to the female character is like this

1. Female fighter is first brought up in November of 2018
2. In June of 2019, he brings up that the Female looks like a fighting game character and that his source doesn't know who it is.
3. People ask him en masse if the character was Reimu (At the time, I believe she was the front runner)
4. He specifically says it's not Reimu because his source knows who Reimu is
5. Sometime after, he posts the details of the flying weapon
6. A couple days after that his source only saw a textureless model
7. Sometime in September, he says that his source has no idea if it's Nakururu or not (We now know it wasn't) but that the characters have similarities

Literally the only thing that says it's not Reimu is him saying it's not despite everything else lining up perfectly. Either way, I have plenty of issues with it, mostly because it doesn't make sense in a timeline. I don't see how they would have seen a textureless model in November or before (honestly, I am making this assumption here, but if I recall, the wording Bosatu has used seems to imply that all of the information seems to come from when his source who visited Nintendo around November) that would be for a character released more than a year from that point.

Source: https://www.ssbwiki.com/list_of_rumors#Milk-BOSATU_leak
From that same link:
Two days later, he made a tweet claiming that Mr. H doesn't know if the female character is Nakoruru or not and later claimed that they both share features that are common with each other.

A day later, in the September Nintendo Direct 2019, it was revealed that Nakoruru made a cameo appearance in Terry's trailer, confirming Milk-BOSATU's claim that the female character is not Nakoruru.
If it’s not Reimu or Nakoruru, then who...? Some suggest a Lloyd/Colette from ToS duo but I can’t see that working as flawlessly as the Ice Climbers or Rosaluma.

Plus, Morrigan might be a bit... risqué, tho I can see her getting a Bayonetta/F!Corrin censorship treatment kinda easily, just gotta cover her cleavage up some more

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
people in november 2018: "****, the dlc is just gonna be shill picks isn't it"

people in november 2019, seeing both ryu and reimu as equally possible:

1571597433952.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Klonoa with the trademark renewal?
trademark renewals usually mean nothing in terms of Smash

Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun both got their trademarks renewed last year, and it meant pretty much nothing aside from Nintendo keeping the ownership of the names

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh though something about the claim "No first-party DLCs" never really sat right with me.

Not even just because of the fact I'm in favor of more, just because the source always implied it was their own personal prediction and I also don't think they'd have their entire roadmap moving forward decided already.

I feel like that claim doesn't entire add up and I feel moreorless we're in the dark if Hayabusa and Geno get in.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Tbh though something about the claim "No first-party DLCs" never really sat right with me.

Not even just because of the fact I'm in favor of more, just because the source always implied it was their own personal prediction and I also don't think they'd have their entire roadmap moving forward decided already.

I feel like that claim doesn't entire add up and I feel moreorless we're in the dark if Hayabusa and Geno get in.
I mean, Piranha Plant was DLC.
So. . .

D

Deleted member

If Crash gets in i really hope Neo Cortex is a boss, gruntilda should’ve been the boss for banjo too
Doubt bosses are into consideration as DLC. Pretty much seems that the content will focus on maybe a few more mode options with Terry and Fighter 5.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Random question....does World of Light count as Adventure Mode or Story Mode? ....or am I just stupid and there isn't even a difference between the two?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
though everything points towards piranha plant being intended for base game, so i'd hesitate to include it
Yeah this is true that it was very clearly intended for the base game, although considering it's an individually priced first-party character who doesn't come with a stage it does kinda give off a good implication of what individual DLC packs could be like.

Possibly have the characters come with a song or something, would be interesting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random question....does World of Light count as Adventure Mode or Story Mode? ....or am I just stupid and there isn't even a difference between the two?
I mean technically it’s both? Not as grandiose cutscene wise as Subspace Emissary from Brawl, but I’d say it serves the same purpose

osby

Smash Obsessed
Adventure Mode.

There's no such thing as a Story Mode in any Smash game.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If Andy, Joe, and Mai don't narrate Terry's trailer ala Robin or Joker I'm gonna throw my Switch in a lake.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But yeah, I don't expect them to go all-out with every DLC character moving forward, I do genuinely see some characters in the style of Corrin or Piranha Plant here and there or hell even Mewtwo, Lucas or Roy could be good comparisons to this.

If all the DLC were third-parties then development on DLC would likely be much slower as they have to acquire the rights to use new assets and it makes sense why Smash 4 only had only two and a half against four and a half.

SKX31

Smash Master
IMHO it feels more like Event mode (with the Spirits practically being Event matches) with Adventure elements thrown in (such as a plot somewhat like Subspace, but with much less detail as well as boss fights). However, WoL lacks those longer platforming heavy levels Melee's and Brawl's adventures had (as well as 3DS' Smash Run).

OTOH those longer platforming heavy levels would've added more stuff to be developed (and likely delayed the game), so it's fully understandable why Sakurai chose that method with WoL.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If all the DLC were third-parties then development on DLC would likely be much slower as they have to acquire the rights to use new assets and it makes sense why Smash 4 only had only two and a half against four and a half.
I'm not sure what those "two and a half" and "four and a half" are supposed to mean.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not sure what those "two and a half" and "four and a half" are supposed to mean.
Bayonetta.

Her IP is owned entirely by SEGA, but her second game's assets are entirely owned by Nintendo, because of that it makes her a half and half and as a result it's hard to classify her as a guest since in Smash she directly draws from both titles.

Because of that she's our very first hybrid guest character.

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Shang Tsung's Island - Sub-Zero, Raiden, Lui Kang, Sonya Blade, and Johnny Cage can be seen sparring in the background (and technically Shang Tsung would watching because he's part of the stage, so...)

Minecraft Level - Creepers, Endermen, Skeletons, Pigs, and Zombies

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Isnt Reimu an indie character? Also really niche outside of Japan?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
This isn't a bad voice...But it should not be coming from the Pokémon Trainer. lol

Also: Shiggy is probably the most hilarious name anyone could come up with for a Pokémon.
It sounds like the voice of a five year old girl. If Toon Zelda ever made it in, that's how she should sound like, I feel.

And it's spelled Schiggy, not Shiggy. No relation to our Lord and Saviour, Shaggy.

Isnt Reimu an indie character? Also really niche outside of Japan?
You know, there was recently a big amount of discourse regarding her chances in the RTC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom