• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Opossum beat me to it, but I realized how funny it is that the biggest adventure games (outside of the visual novel genre) are all owned by Activision, Disney or the new Telltale.
Slightly different beast, but there's also Myst which is kind of in a weird spot between Cyan and Ubisoft AFAIK.

And the IPs Double Fine acquired, which now puts them under Microsoft, for better or worse.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
... It's originally a ride? I only went to Disneyland once and it was uhhhhh well over 14 years ago and in Paris so I'm just learning all sorts of stuff
Oh totally. It's been around since the 60's. It's one of Disney's most popular rides, alongside the Haunted Mansion.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
why you gotta single handedly bold us out of all people bro

:mad088: ridley and k rool fans didnt get this treatment smh
Before they got in Ultimate.....pretty sure they have. Especially Ridley. They got SOME treatment.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The amusement park fandom is not something I expected to learn about today thank you.
I would go on about it much longer if this was the thread for it. :p

Also how has no one tagged Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 when we're talking about old adventure games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would go on about it much longer if this was the thread for it. :p

Also how has no one tagged Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 when we're talking about old adventure games.
*Kicks door down*

Who's talking about Adventure games without me?!

KatKit

Smash Lord
On the subject of adventure games, we wouldn't have the Metal Gear series today if it wasn't for this bad boy.

Yasuhiko Mano is as pipe dream as it gets, but Portopia Serial Murder Case was influential as heck, and lightyears ahead of its time.

Last edited:

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Not much of an excuse to continue giving the treatment like we're all no-good rascals.
You're right. Not all Wa fans are bad. Bad crowd usually overshadows the actual decent people....Like every single community. Every. Single. Community. I will make peace man apologies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're right. Not all Wa fans are bad. Bad crowd usually overshadows the actual decent people....Like every single community. Every. Single. Community. I will make peace man apologies.
It's chill, nothing really offended me but some people got it twisted. It still really stung that one day after E3 2018, though. No one even acknowledged the fact that it was 1) 2 people or 2) they apologized. It was very wrong but at least they acknowledged their mistakes.

Then again, I guess apologies never get you off when you're on the internet. :nifty:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My dream adventure game rep would be Lee Everett or Clementine from TellTale's The Walking Dead Game (one of the only times I'd be ok with a character from a non-videogame series getting in). TWDG Season 1 is one of my favorite games of all time and I still play and think about it today. It won a ton of GOTY awards and even helped make interactive story/choice-based games popular again. If it wasn't for TWD primarily being a comic series and TellTale's bankruptcy last year, I could see Clem being a popular sleeper pick.

Savannah stage when?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Of Sierra's characters, King Graham is the more iconic one but Roger Wilco fits the slapstick nature of Smash Bros better.

As for gameplay, they could have powerful attacks with a LOT of cooldown to capture the most iconic of the Seirra games tropes: throughly screwing the player for making the wrong move.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You want an Adventure game rep? I'll give you an old old classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Quest

I had King's Quest IV - VI from hand-me downs of old cousins and I played it on old PCs when I was like 5. Does Graham/Alexander have any chance at all? **** no, people remember Sierra more for Leisure Suit Larry probably, but King's Quest is what built up the company's reputation in the late 80s/early 90s.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And a hidden gem on Modern Nintendo consoles

The shenanigans those two could get up to would make for an incredible moveset.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Well, there's also Another Code and Hotel Dusk if N wanted to look in-house. I'd be down with that, but it would obviously feel less... bombastic(?)... than it would to see someone like Guybrush get the spotlight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still wanting that medieval crave in Smash. Hero kind of fulfills that sort of notion, but I can't get enough of that **** sometimes.

Fire Emblem? Too much Marth.
Dragon Quest? Too much Goku.
King's Quest? Ah, an American Classic. Perfect blend of realism and fantasy.

Still can't get over why Telltale made Graham look like Hugh Neutron, though. I just

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As much as I'd like Sam and Max in, they were actually comic characters first.

They may be more will known for their games but they themselves say they're representing comics in Telltale's Poker Night 2. (With Claptrap being Videogames, Ash Williams covering film and Brock Samson filling in for animation)

Which is a shame as they were totally the inspiration for Villager's Forward Smash.

Sam: Can you belive we get paid to do this?
Max: I love this country.
(Drops a bowling ball on a former Child Star's skull)

Proof

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'm still wanting that medieval crave in Smash. Hero kind of fulfills that sort of notion, but I can't get enough of that **** sometimes.

Fire Emblem? Too much Marth.
Dragon Quest? Too much Goku.
King's Quest? Ah, an American Classic. Perfect blend of realism and fantasy.

Still can't get over why Telltale made Graham look like Hugh Neutron, though. I just

Woke: Ghost 'n Goblins, Wizards and Warriors, Golden Axe, Dragon's Crown, or King's Quest

Bespoke: This

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And on the rule of game characters only...

That means Rather Dashing from Homestar Runner's Peasant's Quest is perfectly valid for Smash Bros.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Here's something fun: If X character gets in smash, what is one very inconsequential thing they must have?

Example: If Knuckles gets in smash then his hit and/or death quote must be "Oh no".
If only Smash was T rated. Then we could get the infamous Shadow the Hedgehog death quote: "D**n".

Let's be honest, Smash fandom would rather talk about the same six characters they've been discussing for twenty years.
This man speaks the true true.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's something fun: If X character gets in smash, what is one very inconsequential thing they must have?

Example: If Knuckles gets in smash then his hit and/or death quote must be "Oh no".
If Meowth gets in, he needs to scream "LOOKS LIKE I'M BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAIIIIIIIN!" during his Star KO

Last edited:

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice

I don't think I either talked about these two, or even SEEN anyone talk about these two. I feel like if Pacman & Megaman were able to make it intn to Smash, then personally these two should've been introduced in Smash 4. But....I know that NiGHTS is a Sega property, so I'm not sure if he's possible. But...who owns Klonoa? And how possible even is he anymore? How possible even are either of these two anymore?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I don't think I either talked about these two, or even SEEN anyone talk about these two. I feel like if Pacman & Megaman were able to make it intn to Smash, then personally these two should've been introduced in Smash 4. But....I know that NiGHTS is a Sega property, so I'm not sure if he's possible. But...who owns Klonoa? And how possible even is he anymore? How possible even are either of these two anymore?
Unless he's changed hands Klonoa is owned by Namco.

Also, NiGHTS is a boy?!?

Also also, near 0 since they pretty much fell off the face of the Earth after a few games.

EDIT: I think Klonoa appears in the Namco Roulette.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace

If Elma gets in Smash, she HAS to say "It's something about this planet" at least once.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Unless he's changed hands Klonoa is owned by Namco.

Also, NiGHTS is a boy?!?

Also also, near 0 since they pretty much fell off the face of the Earth after a few games.

EDIT: I think Klonoa appears in the Namco Roulette.
I didn't even know NiGHTS WASN'T a boy.....and a pity. If only they made it into Smash 4. Then they'd actually get a shot if Megaman did.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Tap Dancing Girl (Rhythm Heaven) has to have a 'jazz hands' animation right before she drowns:

This dude's linking the Wizards and Warriors image like I didn't make the Kuros thread on this website myself.
I linked it for convenience; it's not the most common game out there. Although I had no idea a support thread existed (and that you made it, no less!). There really is a support thread for just about everything, haha.

Also, I know dude is a gender neutral term, but ummm...

Last edited:

Selenite

Smash Cadet

Klonoa is still owned by Namco according to the trademark renewal.

SKX31

Smash Master

If Dante gets in he must have a taunt where he tells his opponent: "Guess those million years already happened."

(Guess the reference)

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I didn't even know NiGHTS WASN'T a boy...
Wikipedia says:
Creation and conception
Naoto Ohshima was the original Nights creator and designer, while Kazuyuki Hoshino was the character designer for the video game Nights into Dreams.[1] The character design incorporated Japanese, European, and American stylistics in order to give Nights as universal an appeal as possible.[2] In the context of the games, Nights is a part of every human's subconscious, and so was purposely designed to be neither male nor female.[2] By the time of the sequel, Nights: Journey of Dreams, Ohshima had left Sega, and Kazuyuki Hoshino was placed in charge of character design for the game.[3] Takashi Iizuka, the lead game designer, felt that, with Hoshino, they captured the style used for the character in the original game.[4]

Nights' personality is described by Iizuka as "a mirror of the child's personality."[5] Nights' speaking role in Journey of Dreams was performed by Julissa Aguirre, who gave the character a British-English accent to suit the style of the game. In addition, Nights was made genderless, leaving the impression of the character "totally up to the player", according to Iizuka.[6]
The more you know.

Tap Dancing Girl (Rhythm Heaven) has to have a 'jazz hands' animation right before she drowns:
Devs after implementing this: "We longed to create a drowning animation funnier than Pac-Man's...

...and we succeeded."

Hasn't Klonoa always been owned by Namco?

He has PAC-MAN on his hat for ****s sake
Sometimes characters change hands. See Geno and Banjo & Kazooie.

If Dante gets in he must have a taunt where he tells his opponent: "Guess those million years already happened."

(Guess the reference)
DMC: Devil May Cry because it's subtitle is so freaking redundant.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

If Steve gets into Smash, he must use the classic Minecraft death noise.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I would never put Klonoa or NiGHTS on the same level as Pac-man or Megaman. So let's just agree to disagree on that regard. In the possible or not, I feel with each reveal we get more and more chances for a lot of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom