• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Crazy thought: what if that “list” was actually for costumes? Hayabusa and Chosen Undead for Swordfighter, Jonesy and Claire for Gunner, and ... idk Maxwell for Brawler? Idk how Scribblenauts plays (plus is it even popular in Japan?)

It’s a stretch I know, but still totally possible

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The main problem with 2B is the amount of competition she has from Square Enix. Not only does she have content with Geno and his mountain of fan requests, but she also has to deal Sora and Lara Croft, icons from two of Square Enix's largest franchises not yet in Smash.
Considering how we got a Geno spirit in base game, I'm pretty sure Geno's just not going to happen as we know Geno was something Sakurai wanted to try since Brawl. Either he's given up or SE just keeps saying no, most likely due to them not even putting Geno in the other SE and Mario crossovers

Selenite

Smash Cadet
..yeah, he tried to 'impress' me on Twitter by showing his collection and claiming I wasn't 'as good' of a Nintendo fan due to..
- Not buying as much pointless crap
- being a girl (he said girls shouldn't play games and ruin gaming)
- being trans (he hated that a ton after he discovered it)
- liking 'hentai' (aka any character done in an anime artstyle or a female character)
He also claimed that the DiC versions of Mario & Sonic were superior and anything Japanese was inferior (including modern Dragonball Z since, in his words, the original DBZ was a 'cartoon' before Funimation began dubbing it)..
He was a grade A expletive..even if he was (hopefully) just trolling and not that stupid.

LittleBigPlanet seems near impossible. I doubt that there is much demand for LittleBigPlanet representation in Super Smash Bros. to begin with, but more importantly, LittleBigPlanet is owned by Sony and they don't particularly seem likely to play ball. Like, I know we have Microsoft with Banjo-Kazooie, but Banjo-Kazooie was heavily requested and Microsoft has been porting games to Nintendo systems to begin with (likely due to them honestly not doing that well this generation..especially in Japan).
Sony formed a partnership with Microsoft to help develop their network to keep up with competitors such as Amazon and Google.

Sony has also been porting games to Nintendo systems as well such as Q*bert on the SNES and Game Boy Color, Tiny Metal on the Nintendo Switch, and they support Cross platform games such as Final Fantasy XI, Street Fighter V, and Phantasy Star Online 2, the latter of which was released on the Nintendo Switch, which also features Kat and Raven from Sony’s Gravity Daze/Rush in it.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
With how you all talk about potential Square Enix characters, you'd almost think that we didn't just get Hero less than three months ago.

Here's a fun little discussion topic I thought of: if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man). Spirits and Mii Costumes are fine as long as they don't fall into those two categories. I'll start with mine:

1. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
2. Style Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy)
3. Chorus Kids/Karate Joe/whoever (Rhythm Heaven)
4. Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
5. Uhhhh Ring Fit Adventurer I guess
Pfft, I was actually thinking about proposing something like that myself. Okay, let's see:
  1. Felix (Golden Sun). I prefer him over Isaac anyway, so no big loss. =V
  2. Zael (The Last Story). Pretty sure that I'm the only one in this thread who has actually played that one. . .
  3. Aeron (Pandora's Tower). See above.
  4. Officer Howard (Astral Chain). Haven't actually played the game, but eh, I'd kinda like them from what I've seen.
  5. Style Savvy rep. Haven't actually played that one, either, but what can I say? The supporters around here have gotten through to me, I suppose.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a fun little discussion topic I thought of: if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man). Spirits and Mii Costumes are fine as long as they don't fall into those two categories. I'll start with mine:

1. Any Rhythm Heaven rep, idc who (Rhythm Heaven)
2. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
3. Min Min (ARMS)
5. Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All I ask about 2B is how they'd redesign her as that skirt isn't gonna be CERO approved for Smash
All they have to do is lengthen her leotard a bit, make it more like shorts. It doesn't seem that inappropriate for Smash. Or they close the skirt's slit. There are options that won't disrupt the character design.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
2B > Geno
Sora > Geno
Lara > Geno
Chrono Trigger > Geno
Countless FF characters > Geno
Octopath Traveler > Geno
Even other characters from Super Mario RPG > Geno

I could go on, but Geno does not remotely come to mind when I think of Square Enix's library or bringing new worlds to Smash. Sorry.

Regarding 2B, she has other SquareEnix contenders, and I'd be excited for pretty much all of them, but I think she's up there in the likely department, and I wouldn't be surprised if she made it in.

Sorry, but to me that sounds like just a whole bunch of "buts", "maybes" and "this could mean somethings". I can easily see none of this having to do with Smash.
I'm not saying that it's unreasonable to see this is as evidence, but I wouldn't exactly call it all that strong, either.
Yeah, but when you also factor in that she's modern, extremely popular, comes from a critically acclaimed game, would bring new fans to the series (like she did with Soul Calibur), and so on, she's a strong contender. She gets compared to Joker for a reason, and it's been a while since we got a recent icon to join the fray (especially since she already has a long list of crossovers). My first point was that bringing her to Smash would be a piece of cake: all parties involved with 2B have had Smash reps since Smash 4 and a healthy relationship with Nintendo (and in 2B's case, possibly Sakurai himself). The second point was that a Switch port is feasible: a portable Nier game was once in development, and the Switch is a logical step for making it happen (we're living in the world of Deadly Premonition Switch ports, for Palutena's sake). I then pointed out that the people behind Nier Automata have expressed interest in bringing it to Switch and that there's been fan demand for it for years, but that the decision is up to SquareEnix. Then out of the blue, a SquareEnix board member wants to meet with Sakurai and he wants Sakurai to meet with Yoko Taro. It's too many coincidences, and even if we disregard all of them, she still has her game, popularity, star power, etc. to fall back on.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Oh this is a fun one.

3. Ryota/Akari Hayami (Wave Race/1080 Snowboarding)
4. Agent J/Ryuuta Ippongi (Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan)
5. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!!)

Look, I'm still fond of my Brawl-era wants,.don't judge.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

1-Tap dance trial girl (Rythm heaven)
2-Felix (golden sun) Loop holes loop holes loop holes
3-Sami (Advance Wars)
4-Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness)
5-Min Min (Arms)

Overall a pretty diverse cast <3 I even thrown your nintendo licensed OG lich out there, for lich representation :3

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind Saber, but I think she's more of an anime character. I don't even give a **** about the sex scenes in her VN. Regarding the anime point though, I actually feel the same way about Agumon. Like, the average person thinks of the Digimon anime, so why put Agumon in this "video game museum"? Also, I had a huuge Digimon phase when I was a kid, so I'm not unknowledgable about the subject.
The answer is quite simple! It was with Digimon that the battling Virtual Pets became popular, and the genre of "monster creation" got even bigger.

For us it may be that Anime is the most memorable, but for all of Japan that doesn't apply, since in Japan they connect Digimon with Virtual Pets 100% of the time.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
For us it may be that Anime is the most memorable, but for all of Japan that doesn't apply, since in Japan they connect Digimon with Virtual Pets 100% of the time.
Based on how much money the virtual pets have made in comparison to merch and anime, I'm gonna say 100% is a little strong there

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The main problem with 2B is the amount of competition she has from Square Enix. Not only does she have content with Geno and his mountain of fan requests, but she also has to deal Sora and Lara Croft, icons from two of Square Enix's largest franchises not yet in Smash.
I don't think 2B has much trouble surpassing Lara Croft since from what I've seen, she is much more requested than Lara Croft and the jury is still out on if Sora is going to be able to be a Smash brother.

Another difficult list...

1. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness) - My only true want for this question but I'd prefer this series come back instead
2. Putty (Magical Vacation) - Only because he looks funny
3. Demille (Tomato Adventure) - Gotta give AlphaDream some redemption
4. Ray Mk III (Custom Robo) - Just seems like a cool character
5. Mike Jones (Startropics) - Just gotta give one for Stratropics

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

This will be tough, particularly because no ATs.

1. Andy (Advance Wars)
2. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
3. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
4. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
5. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)

I feel dirty leaving out games like Custom Robo and Sin & Punishment but this more or less strikes a balance between genres and time periods I'd say.

SKX31

Smash Master

1. Style Savvy Stylist
2. Ressurected Project H.A.M.M.E.R
3. Ring Fit Adventurer
4. Akari Hayami
5. Chibi-Robo

D

Deleted member

1. Andy from Advance Wars. AW is no longer an assist trophy for some reason, so it counts in Ultimate. My brother would flip the **** out and I enjoy AW music.
1448951408274.jpg

2. Custom Robo. Not even brought back as an assist trophy like Isaac. Still, that series is cool if niche, and its moveset makes itself.
3. Do any of y'all remember Rocket Robot on Wheels? It was made by the people who ended up making Sly Cooper, and it only ever released on the N64. Probably doesn't count because its rights are third party, but what else am I going to choose? Urban Champion?

4. I'm really reaching at the bottom of the barrel here. Who else here remembers Jill Dozer? I know jack **** about the series beyond a demo, but it was an assist trophy in Brawl and I always found the premise cute.

5. Uh... Urban Champion

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People keep forgetting Sora's an Disney rep tho? One less character to compete with.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Here's a fun little discussion topic I thought of: if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man). Spirits and Mii Costumes are fine as long as they don't fall into those two categories.
1. Saki or Kachi (Sin and Punishment)
2. The Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy)
3. Monita (Nintendo Land) or Ring Fit Trainer
4. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
5. Ashley Mizuki Robbins (Trace Memory) or Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey uh

the Nintendo VS tweet with Terry gameplay saying November?

It apparently got deleted...

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hey uh

They actually tweeted it again
There's not really anything to gain from this, because Terry's coming out soon anyway...
EDIT : They just added the rating in the new tweet

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it was because the clip of the deleted tweet was missing the E10+ rating. The new tweet has it

DoomJerk

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoomJerk
Switch FC
SW-7821-3739-0301
Hey uh

Apparently the first tweet didn't have the ESRB rating in the bottom corner, so they had to tweet it again

EDIT:Dang, beat me to it

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Still with this mess? I'm about to discount the whole thing and prepare myself for six more Fire Emblem reps.
-Edelgard
-Dimitry
-Claude
-Lyn
-Celica
-Anna.

I know you are kidding and its ridiculous.. but i have to admit that would be secretly pleased

on the other hand:

-Carmilla
-Bride Carmilla
-Doctor Carmilla
-Young Carmilla
-Toon Carmilla
-Zero Suit Carmilla

this could be a little nightmarish XD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Edelgard
-Dimitry
-Claude
-Lyn
-Celica
-Anna.

I know you are kidding and its ridiculous.. but i have to admit that would be secretly pleased

on the other hand:

-Carmilla
-Bride Carmilla
-Doctor Carmilla
-Young Carmilla
-Toon Carmilla
-Zero Suit Carmilla

this could be a little nightmarish XD
Me before 3H: "I get the complaints of too many FE characters, I just feel it's somewhat misguided due to 4 of the same moveset"
Me after 3H which also only cost me 20 euros: "**** all yall gimme my disaster lesbian, the goodest Arabic boy, the fisher who sometimes teaches and Ferdinand von Aegir"

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Me before 3H: "I get the complaints of too many FE characters, I just feel it's somewhat misguided due to 4 of the same moveset"
Me after 3H which also only cost me 20 euros: "**** all yall gimme my disaster lesbian, the goodest Arabic boy, the fisher who sometimes teaches and Ferdinand von Aegir"
If they add Byleth, and by some reason it doesn't have Isabelle's Side B, im gonna riot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom