• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Maybe if he gets some goddamn therapy I'll reconsider. Anyway, you just outed yourself as a Claude hater, we don't take kindly to your kind 'round here pardner
Get your girl therapy first. She started a war over scars.

Also Claude's cool, but he's more of a memer than a gamer

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Get your girl therapy first. She started a war over scars.
That's an odd way of spelling "an inherently unjust social system and an oppressive choice with a literally immortal leader that refuses to ever let things happen outside of her control, who also has the backing of at least half of the continent".

D

Deleted member

Edelgard's a gamer yet you dislike her, curious. Your boar of a time bomb doesn't care about the struggles that severely hurt his 'friends'
That's because he's too busy ending racism and providing social welfare to the people

D

Deleted member

Okay so I think I got it.
-Rhea is Satan
-Edelgard is Adolf Hitler
-Dimitri is... The Joker? (I can't think of anything for Dimitri)
-Claude is Donald Trump
Anyways, I think we're all biased towards the house we chose first.
Tell that to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
He started out on Black Eagles and ended up leading most arguments against her.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay so I think I got it.
-Rhea is Satan
-Edelgard is Adolf Hitler
-Dimitri is... The Joker? (I can't think of anything for Dimitri)
-Claude is Donald Trump
Anyways, I think we're all biased towards the house we chose first.
How the **** can you even consider that for Claude. Go to your room and think about what you've done!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How the **** can you even consider that for Claude. Go to your room and think about what you've done!
I mean I think the point was to paint them all as their polar opposites lol.

Considering Rhea is literally the daughter of God, Edelgard is a meritocrat, Dimitri is able to move past his mental trauma, and Claude is all about open borders.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Here's a fun little discussion topic I thought of: if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man). Spirits and Mii Costumes are fine as long as they don't fall into those two categories. I'll start with mine:

1. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
2. Style Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy)
3. Chorus Kids/Karate Joe/whoever (Rhythm Heaven)
4. Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
5. Uhhhh Ring Fit Adventurer I guess
  1. Matthew (Golden Sun)
  2. Andy (Advance Wars)
  3. Ray (Custom Robo)
  4. Twintelle (ARMS)
  5. Akira (Astral Chain)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So back on the actual speculation side of things, what exactly does the leak that the Shifty lad backs say again? I'm honestly kinda losing the overview with all that has been going on on that front.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1: Miriam Bloodstained from 505 Games
2: Phi from Zero Escape, Aksys
3: Doom Slayer from Bethesda/id
4: Sol Badguy from Arcsys
5: Crash from Activision
Here's my list for a fighters pass
1:Doom Slayer(Bethesda)
2: Professor Layton(Level-5)
3:Crash Bandicoot(Activision)
4:Maxwell(WB Games)
5:Travis Touchdown(Grasshopper Manufacture)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Here's a fun little discussion topic I thought of: if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man). Spirits and Mii Costumes are fine as long as they don't fall into those two categories. I'll start with mine:

1. Captain Toad (Captain Toad Treasure Tracker) (Hey, he's listed under his own game franchise in the Spirit List, Imma exploit it)
2. Officer Howard/Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
3. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
4. Doshin the Giant (Doshin the Giant)
5. Paper Mario (Paper Mario) (Again, listed under it's own franchise, so exploit away)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

That last catch basically kills all of my choices and I can't think of anyone I would want that suits the conditions, so I guess I'll list mine without that last catch.

1. Louie (Pikmin)
2. Waluigi (Super Mario) OR Toad (Super Mario)
3. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
4. Mipha/Daruk/Revali/Urbosa (The Legend of Zelda)
5. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Last edited:
2B > Geno
Sora > Geno
Lara > Geno
Chrono Trigger > Geno
Countless FF characters > Geno
Octopath Traveler > Geno
Even other characters from Super Mario RPG > Geno

I could go on, but Geno does not remotely come to mind when I think of Square Enix's library or bringing new worlds to Smash. Sorry.

Just kidding, i get it. Square Enix has such a rich pool of characters and 'new worlds' to bring to Smash. One of my personal pipe dream would be Crono (CT is still one of my favorite game of all time) but even if Crono and Geno are in a similar situation (they both only appeared in one game, about 25 years ago) Geno seems way more likely right now.

Probably because Geno has this very dedicated, almost fanatic fanbase to keep him alive somehow. He's basically like Tinkerbell, as long as people believe in him, he'll stay alive. I mean, i think he's cool and all but without his fanbase, his chances to get in Smash and all the talk related to it would just disappear imo.

2B is also likely but for totally different reasons (NieR: Automata is recent, critically acclaimed, etc. like you explained in one of your previous posts).

So basically, i just find it hard to compare Geno to anyone in terms of Smash speculation. He's in his own class of potential newcomer (the Tinkerbell class :p).

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The best leaks are fake but guess everything correctly anyway.
Though, that just ends up creating a cult of personality around the person where they keep making fake leaks, and people believe them every time because that one time they were right "proved" they were a legit source.

if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man).
Ugh. Pass. You've basically set a series of qualifications so restrictive I'd have to pick at least 4 characters that I'd actively hate being in Smash...

2B > Geno
Sora > Geno
Lara > Geno
Chrono Trigger > Geno
Octopath Traveler > Geno
No.
Eh, I suppose.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
No.
Big No.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
We know that Terry is coming in November but he's likely going to be released after November 3rd since this Japanese 7-11 advertisement will be taken down before 2nd week of November's Wednesday, possibly to prevent 7-11 leaks from happening.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Just kidding, i get it. Square Enix has such a rich pool of characters and 'new worlds' to bring to Smash. One of my personal pipe dream would be Crono (CT is still one of my favorite game of all time) but even if Crono and Geno are in a similar situation (they both only appeared in one game, about 25 years ago) Geno seems way more likely right now.

Probably because Geno has this very dedicated, almost fanatic fanbase to keep him alive somehow. He's basically like Tinkerbell, as long as people believe in him, he'll stay alive. I mean i think he's cool and all but without his fanbase, his chances to get in Smash and all the talk related to it would just disappear imo.

2B is also likely but for totally different reasons (NieR: Automata is recent, critically acclaimed, etc. like you explained in one of your previous post).

So basically, i just find it hard to compare Geno to anyone in term of Smash speculation. He's in his own class of potential newcomer (the Tinkerbell class :p).
I still think Geno might be a bit hampered by the "new worlds" talk. His game is SMRPG, and a lot of characters are either Mario, or based on Mario (Boshi, for example). Yes his game also has its own original characters, but then it becomes a tricky question of definition. Does SMRPG qualify as its own world? Of course some would say "Yes" (not just Geno fans I'd imagine, also those who argue that Mario RPGs in general is its own category separate from the other Mario games). And I'd say there's a legitimate argument for that, but there's also a legitimate argument against that.

If anything I've personally always seen Geno as much more likely for a base game. Not that would disqualify him from DLC (I think he's got a decent shot there) the fact that it's a massive S-E free for all makes it very difficult for the characters involved. If anything Geno wouldn't have that problem in a Smash 6, whether other Square characters make it in or not.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
2B > Geno
Sora > Geno
Lara > Geno
Chrono Trigger > Geno
Octopath Traveler > Geno

I could go on, but Geno does not remotely come to mind when I think of Square Enix's library or bringing new worlds to Smash. Sorry.

Regarding 2B, she has other SquareEnix contenders, and I'd be excited for pretty much all of them, but I think she's up there in the likely department, and I wouldn't be surprised if she made it in.
Eh... I love Nier and Gestalt is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, but I don't think the series would come to the minds of most people either if it wasn't for Automata.

Honestly? The only reason I'm not considering Geno as strongly is because of his Spirit, since we don't know how these things will affect speculation after the Pass. Otherwise, I'd call him the strongest Square contender aside from 2B, if only because of his long-lasting fan demand.

Keep in mind I'm not counting Sora here, because he's Disney. If I did, then he'd be the most likely imo.

We know that Terry is coming in November but he's likely going to be released after November 3rd since this Japanese 7-11 advertisement will be taken down before 2nd week of November's Wednesday, possibly to prevent 7-11 leaks from happening.
So basically it would be the first two weeks of November, then? I'm beginning to think that Challenger Pack 5 might release in the beginning of February 2020, not at the end like most people believed.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Damn you Touhou fans...I've been listening to UN Owen for about a week now.

I'm now willing to at least accept Touhou getting the Sans treatment of a Mii Gunner costume with one song.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The past two 7/11 ads had the Smash characters on them, so I’m not sure about that. Of course, he may be released during the first two weeks anyway.

Excuse me if I’m just blind and Terry is on there.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

1) Isaac’s kid from the other golden sun.
2) Helix (Gooigi as a bonus combo echo for him and Luigi)
3) Mike Jones (StarTropics)
4) Mallo (Pushmo... only because Dillon is an AT)
5) Ice Hockey Player (Ice Hockey). Or Mike Anderson from Battleclash.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Probably because Geno has this very dedicated, almost fanatic fanbase to keep him alive somehow. He's basically like Tinkerbell, as long as people believe in him, he'll stay alive. I mean, i think he's cool and all but without his fanbase, his chances to get in Smash and all the talk related to it would just disappear imo.
Does that mean if I say "I don't believe in Geno", a Geno somewhere dies?

That's no Anna.
That's no Anna at all!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Damn you Touhou fans...I've been listening to UN Owen for about a week now.

I'm now willing to at least accept Touhou getting the Sans treatment of a Mii Gunner costume with one song.
Native Faith.

You're welcome.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Based on how much money the virtual pets have made in comparison to merch and anime, I'm gonna say 100% is a little strong there
The percentage comparison can be applied to any and all franchises. Including Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I find it kinda funny that people think that a one shot character that wasn't even the main character of his debut and only prominent role, to be more important or with magically increased chances due to the fanatical fanbase than the protagonists of many historical series from SE which I'm quite sure have a better chance of appearing due to bringing new worlds to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom