• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Btw quick question, what characters other than Sol or Dante could you guys think of that have self buffs/installs?

This is one of my favourite things in fighting games after all yet it rarely seems to be discussed. I heard Terry could potential bring in Max Mode like how Geese had it in Tekken 7
I feel like Terry could definitely have Max Mode. There are a lot of potential very interesting gimmicks Terry could bring with the main ones being a meter + Max mode (a la newer KOF), stackable inputs and cancels, or even shifting layers as a dodge or mixup (as it's used in Fatal Fury). Lots of options here.

KatKit

Smash Lord
For those of you interested in Persona 5 Scramble, Dusk Diver might satiate your appetite. I'm a sucker for ARPGs, and I dig the aesthetic.

More on topic, I didn't know Saber was in a Carmen Sandiego type situation. I knew she was brought up in speculation, but I didn't know she originated from a game lol. Fate has decent fighting games. I don't see it happening, but it's still good to know it's possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Its more likely than you think...

There are more examples but I don't want to receive an infraction so I'll leave it at that....
Apparently, his shtick now is that he hates Nintendo, but now he bought out their supply, which supports Nintendo.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
An infamous troll, the guy who bought 1000 Rosalina amiibo to make sure people who like her could never get one, etc. He's also likely the guy behind the whole Google Theory thing as he has a ****ton of disposable income somehow
Correction: 100 Rosalina Amiibos.

D

Deleted member

My point is that this whole mess of just making a game of this dude's lying and just damage controlling is kinda just dragging a corpse at this point, which given how Sabi already lied before it wouldn't surprise me that she just wants to drag this the most she can.

I don't think we should be focusing on it too much with only a few weeks before Terry and the possible fighter 5 reveal, as pretty much Hayabusa not being fighter 5 or if his reveal happens in November would pretty much kill the leak.
It's too early to jump to conclusions. Let's just jot it down as notes.

D

Deleted member

Either way, this leak is still under discussion amd will be changed if anything happens in the next few weeks.

Good day everyone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly Yuri Kozukata is slept on when it comes to Assist Trophy promotion choices

mainly cause I just really freakin love Fatal Frame

D

Deleted member

This took a little while. Anyways, if you could promote ONE assist trophy into a fighter, who'd it be? I'd pick Zero.
There are so many good characters that are assist trophies, but I gotta upgrade Bomberman.

Honorable mentions are Isaac, Shovel Knight, Lyn, and Zero.

Last edited by a moderator:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Honestly Yuri Kozukata is slept on when it comes to Assist Trophy promotion choices

mainly cause I just really freakin love Fatal Frame
i wouldnt say no to some ports :( The wiuu game came first withouth physyical, and when i was in position of purchasing it, nintendo started acting like they would imurder the wiuu on cold blood.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Just throwing it out there that I still think 2B will either be the last character in the season pass, or she'll kick off the DLC after the pass.

D

Deleted member

Just throwing it out there that I still think 2B will either be the last character in the season pass, or she'll kick off the DLC after the pass.
Bold confidence.

Unrelated, but I should try out Nier Automata one day.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's still troubling that we call unfounded rumors "leaks"
They're called "leaks" because that's pretty much what they're all portrayed to be. Someone with inside information leaking information. Granted, they're all fake(except when Nintendo ****s up and does it themselves), but that just makes them fake leaks. They still come in the form of someone leaking information.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What exactly makes you so sure about that may I ask? Any supporting evidence on her inclusion?

Or is this just an hunch of yours?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually, yeah. Does anyone know if the Steam release of Nier Automato is good?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
While I don't see Square double-dipping in the same pass and Sora is an even stronger contender for opening next season imo, I do think 2B is their strongest candidate from now on, considering Automata has done a lot of crossovers since launch. The recent thing with Taro certainly helps.

Bold confidence.

Unrelated, but I should try out Nier Automata one day.
The PC version is good enough - people reported a lot of issues, but tbh I never had any.

It was one of the best games I played that year - especially since I played Gestalt beforehand. You don't have to, though, Automata can stand on its own just fine.

D

Deleted member

There's this leak I heard about Ryu and Geno where is it coming from? How do we know its not BS?

Sigman

Smash Cadet
I imagine 2B to be part of the “second season” depending on how ever it is structured as 2B was the first character revealed for Soulcalibur VI with her voice actress being in involved with talks the same day the game was announced but still became the second DLC character released for that game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I can't even consider the possibility. She's as big a pipe dream as Joker was to me and I'd lose my mind.

"Alert: an invitation has been detected."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
still betting that porky is #5

you can't stop me :nifty: i either disappoint myself or pop off hard against everyone, and there's no downside

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
They're called "leaks" because that's pretty much what they're all portrayed to be. Someone with inside information leaking information. Granted, they're all fake(except when Nintendo ****s up and does it themselves), but that just makes them fake leaks. They still come in the form of someone leaking information.
The best leaks are fake but guess everything correctly anyway.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
An infamous troll, the guy who bought 1000 Rosalina amiibo to make sure people who like her could never get one, etc. He's also likely the guy behind the whole Google Theory thing as he has a ****ton of disposable income somehow
..yeah, he tried to 'impress' me on Twitter by showing his collection and claiming I wasn't 'as good' of a Nintendo fan due to..
- Not buying as much pointless crap
- being a girl (he said girls shouldn't play games and ruin gaming)
- being trans (he hated that a ton after he discovered it)
- liking 'hentai' (aka any character done in an anime artstyle or a female character)
He also claimed that the DiC versions of Mario & Sonic were superior and anything Japanese was inferior (including modern Dragonball Z since, in his words, the original DBZ was a 'cartoon' before Funimation began dubbing it)..
He was a grade A expletive..even if he was (hopefully) just trolling and not that stupid.

God no, Scribblenauts before LBP feels like such a salt to the wound, I know they aren’t competing but it still hurts, also Fortnite is no
LittleBigPlanet seems near impossible. I doubt that there is much demand for LittleBigPlanet representation in Super Smash Bros. to begin with, but more importantly, LittleBigPlanet is owned by Sony and they don't particularly seem likely to play ball. Like, I know we have Microsoft with Banjo-Kazooie, but Banjo-Kazooie was heavily requested and Microsoft has been porting games to Nintendo systems to begin with (likely due to them honestly not doing that well this generation..especially in Japan).

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
What exactly makes you so sure about that may I ask? Any supporting evidence on her inclusion?

Or is this just an hunch of yours?
She has A LOT going for her, and probably more going on behind the scenes, if you take a closer look. Let's break it down:

-Square Enix (the publishers), PlatinumGames (the developers), and Namco Bandai (developers of Soul Calibur - a game which she starred in - that also had a hand in Smash 4 and Ultimate's development) all have playable reps in Smash and have a pretty healthy relationship with Nintendo.

-Nier had a cancelled 'definitive edition' style game that was originally going to be on the PS Vita (cancelled due to Dragon Quest out prioritizing it, coincidentally enough). Considering some of the recent Switch ports we've gotten lately, I can definitely imagine it coming out on the Switch one day. We'd then have an exclusive on our hands.

Good points so far, Kat, but you're still grasping at straws. Oh, really? The thick plotens:

-Aside from Nier Automata selling over 4 million copies (and 2B having several guest cameos outside of it), there is still large fan demand for a Switch port. Additionally, the game's director, lead designer, and producer have all stated that they'd love to make it happen, but that ultimately the decision is up to SquareEnix. Which leads me to my next point:

- Recently, a SquareEnix board member/Dragon Quest/Nier producer asked Sakurai out for dinner, and also asked him to meet with Yoko Taro (another Nier producer). Sakurai is a fan of Yoko Taro and vice versa; Sakurai's love for Nier/Drakengard is no secret. It could be respected colleagues just hanging out, but it could also be business related. If 2B was in Smash, she could also promote theoretical Switch ports, which seem more likely by the minute. It's win-wins all over the place. Fans get more Nier. Nintendo gets an exclusive and can introduce their fans to the franchise. Sakurai is happy. Yoko Taro is happy. Smash gets a unique gal with an insane arsenal and a phenominal soundtrack.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i wouldnt say no to some ports :( The wiuu game came first withouth physyical, and when i was in position of purchasing it, nintendo started acting like they would imurder the wiuu on cold blood.
The Wii remake of 2 was also released everywhere EXCEPT the United States and Canada for some reason; 4 was straight up Japan only (a fan made translation patch is available); and 1 and 3 still haven’t been remastered yet. Trust me I’ve been clamoring for a worldwide release of a Fatal Frame HD Collection since like... ever

anyway I still think the Brew “leak” is the biggest fake and I no longer trust Sabi for backing it. VRPlant or Vergeben or bust

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if 2B is DLC in the future. I mean, it would be quite shocking like Joker, but after Terry and him, 2B doesn't sound that crazy at this point, specially if we have in mind that Sakurai loves Nier.
Of course 2B isn't a lock, but I think she has decent chances to be the "unexpected/Sakurai pick" of pass 2, if there's a proper fighter pass 2.

I personally would love her, I loved Nier Automata and 2B is a modern icon.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
..yeah, he tried to 'impress' me on Twitter by showing his collection and claiming I wasn't 'as good' of a Nintendo fan due to..
- Not buying as much pointless crap
- being a girl (he said girls shouldn't play games and ruin gaming)
- being trans (he hated that a ton after he discovered it)
- liking 'hentai' (aka any character done in an anime artstyle or a female character)
He also claimed that the DiC versions of Mario & Sonic were superior and anything Japanese was inferior (including modern Dragonball Z since, in his words, the original DBZ was a 'cartoon' before Funimation began dubbing it)..
He was a grade A expletive..even if he was (hopefully) just trolling and not that stupid.
Oh, yikes. I'd also like to think that that kinda person is trolling, but with some people I've seen on the Internet. . . there's really a good chance that he's being genuine with all that.

She has A LOT going for her, and probably more going on behind the scenes, if you take a closer look. Let's break it down:

-Square Enix (the publishers), PlatinumGames (the developers), and Namco Bandai (developers of Soul Calibur - a game which she starred in - that also had a hand in Smash 4 and Ultimate's development) all have playable reps in Smash and have a pretty healthy relationship with Nintendo.

-Nier had a cancelled 'definitive edition' style game that was originally going to be on the PS Vita (cancelled due to Dragon Quest out prioritizing it, coincidentally enough). Considering some of the recent Switch ports we've gotten lately, I can definitely imagine it coming out on the Switch one day. We'd then have an exclusive on our hands.

Good points so far, Kat, but you're still grasping at straws. Oh, really? The thick plotens:

-Aside from Nier Automata selling over 4 million copies (and 2B having several guest cameos outside of it), there is still large fan demand for a Switch port. Additionally, the game's director, lead designer, and producer have all stated that they'd love to make it happen, but that ultimately the decision is up to SquareEnix. Which leads me to my next point:

- Recently, a SquareEnix board member/Dragon Quest/Nier producer asked Sakurai out for dinner, and also asked him to meet with Yoko Taro (another Nier producer). Sakurai is a fan of Yoko Taro and vice versa; Sakurai's love for Nier/Drakengard is no secret. It could be respected colleagues just hanging out, but it could also be business related. If 2B was in Smash, she could also promote theoretical Switch ports, which seem more likely by the minute. It's win-wins all over the place. Fans get more Nier. Nintendo gets an exclusive and can introduce their fans to the franchise. Sakurai is happy. Yoko Taro is happy. Smash gets a unique gal with an insane arsenal and a phenominal soundtrack.
Sorry, but to me that sounds like just a whole bunch of "buts", "maybes" and "this could mean somethings". I can easily see none of this having to do with Smash.
I'm not saying that it's unreasonable to see this is as evidence, but I wouldn't exactly call it all that strong, either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This might be a case of wait and see

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah 2B has kind of been feeling like another Bayonetta/Joker type of character to me, I don't know much about her, but I wouldn't be too surprised if she made it in...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The main problem with 2B is the amount of competition she has from Square Enix. Not only does she have content with Geno and his mountain of fan requests, but she also has to deal Sora and Lara Croft, icons from two of Square Enix's largest franchises not yet in Smash.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Here's a fun little discussion topic I thought of: if the next Fighters Pass ends up being all first party, who would you pick? The ony catch is that the characters must come from franchises not represented in the playable roster and assist trophies are also off the table (so no Isaac or Spring Man). Spirits and Mii Costumes are fine as long as they don't fall into those two categories. I'll start with mine:

1. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
2. Style Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy)
3. Chorus Kids/Karate Joe/whoever (Rhythm Heaven)
4. Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
5. Uhhhh Ring Fit Adventurer I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom