• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Here’s a question: what would you do if your most wanted got in smash?
I would probably change my icon to the Sackboy render, my reaction would be the greatest on the internet, I would not stop reminding you guys, and I would end every post with the Sackboy stock icon.
I would pause the reveal video, go to my room and calmly pull out my Professor Layton hat from my cosplay years ago, place it on my head and then return to my computer, unpause the video and then go absolutely insane!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Cry, be happy, go over every trace of footage and image on the web-page. Then wait for the inevitable hate train that another "sword-fire emblem-waifu" got in before insert X, Y, or Z popular character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, Joker made me scream so loudly I thought the cops were gonna get called and I briefly passed out...

If Phoenix Wright got in I'd probably just burst into tears.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I’d be pretty ecstatic, would probably add the character to my list of “mains”, look through all the official stuff about him (videos, images, moveset), and then I’d sit back and watch you guys discuss how you think there are a bunch of other characters that should be included over him.

Then I honestly might just watch how the rest of the DLC pans out without getting too involved with it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would probably change my icon to the Sackboy render, my reaction would be the greatest on the internet, I would not stop reminding you guys, and I would end every post with the Sackboy stock icon.
If Elma got in... I’d probably for the most part take a backseat to speculation, only commenting if any other characters I want in my sig are confirmed too.

If any of the following are confirmed after Elma: Octoling, Black Shadow, Bandana Dee, KOS-MOS or Fiora - I’d probably just leave Smashboards altogether tbh. I got all I wanted, not sure why I’d stick around after that point

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I would just watch the reveal over and over again in disbelief, and then probably cry and scream my happiness out, after so many years of support ... She's finally here !
And then probably get a hang at myself, rebrand my Midna support Discord into the official MidnaCord, and start sending the invites and register myself as an official Smash Cord, while making some changes to the Discord itself
And then once that's done, rewatch it again, and talk for hours in my server and others, fangirling over every details hehe

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well my most wanted was Banjo & Kazooie and it was extremely hype. I followed the leaks, Shinobi confirmed them, I watched E3 and I couldn't stop laughing because It just felt unbelievable.

I still watch the trailer from time to time and I always feel a sense of giddiness whenever I see them in game.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I just think if there were any other “inseparable duo” characters in Smash, Toad and Toadette would fit the best for it.
What about Toadette and an army of Toads at her disposal. In Paper Jam she was said to be the brains of the crafting creations while the Toads were just the manual labour, so the same thing carries over to Smash. She could be our first sentry character, or our first summoner, and she's gained quite an impressive résumé these past few years.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1: Miriam Bloodstained from 505 Games
2: Phi from Zero Escape, Aksys
3: Doom Slayer from Bethesda/id
4: Sol Badguy from Arcsys
5: Crash from Activision

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My point was that they're both hugely popular franchises without iconic characters.
Buy the game.

Maybe you could do a little of your own research.
Honestly though? I would say Fortnite has at least one iconic character: Jonesy. I think images are broken but he's the Ron Stoppable-looking guy who they use in all the marketing. He's in all the trailers, he's got a ton of merchandise...for all intents and purposes he is to Fortnite what Steve is to Minecraft.

Honestly though the only CoD character I'm even passingly familiar with is Captain Price, lol.

D

Deleted member

Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1. Doomguy
2. Layton
3. Sol Badguy
4. Reimu
5. Saber

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

My choices here:
Oh god most of my favorites are from companies already in the game (can't even add Ezio due to Rayman's spirit lmao) so this should be good.

1. Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
2. Chell (Valve)
3. Maxwell (WB Games)
4. Dragonborn (Bethesda)
5. ...you know what? May as well. Jonesy (Epic Games)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Toad and Toadette can fight on their own but I feel like he wouldn’t be any more effective than a single Ice Climber.
Not sure what this means. Characters are however effective the dev team makes them.

the only reason ice climbers are together rid because the game is so based on co-op
Not really any more than, say, Double Dragon, Contra, or the original Mario Bros.

Ice Climbers is perfectly playable single player.

Wouldn't be the first time people ignoring big games because they didn't play it as a kid in the 90s80s.
It's basically all I do!

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman

My choices here:
I'll try that, but since most of my MW are 1st party, it's gonna be hard ...

Alright, so
1.Blanc from HyperDimension Neptunia (Idea Factory)
2.Evan from Ni No Kuni II (Level 5)
3.Laharl from Disgaea (Nipeon Icchi Software)
4.Velvet from Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco)
And ... I guess ...
5. Atlas & P Body from Portal (Valve)

That's tough to fill out haha, but those are still all 3rd party I would love to see in Smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh god most of my favorites are from companies already in the game (can't even add Ezio due to Rayman's spirit lmao) so this should be good.

1. Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
2. Chell (Valve)
3. Maxwell (WB Games)
4. Dragonborn (Bethesda)
5. ...you know what? May as well. Jonesy (Epic Games)
I had to sacrifice Travis to force creativity lmao

D

Deleted member

My choices here:
Crash (Activision/Blizzard)
Scorpion (Neatherrealm/WB)
Heavy (Valve)
Lilith (Gearbox/2K)
Sol (Arcsys)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'll try that, but since most of my MW are 1st party, it's gonna be hard ...

Alright, so
1.Blanc from HyperDimension Neptunia (Idea Factory)
2.Evan from Ni No Kuni II (Level 5)
3.Laharl from Disgaea (Nipeon Icchi Software)
4.Velvet from Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco)
And ... I guess ...
5. Atlas & P Body from Portal (Valve)

That's tough to fill out haha, but those are still all 3rd party I would love to see in Smash
Oohhhhhh so sorry, I said that the company couldn't already have anything so Velvet is disqualified

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Party Time

My choices here:
1. Orie - ArcSys
2. Miriam - 505
3. Scorpion - WB
4. Heavy - Valve
5. Amara - 2K

Plank08

Smash Lord

My choices here:
Sackboy (Media Molecule)
Cuphead( Studio something I forgot)
Crash Bandicoot(Activision)
Scorpion(Netherrealms)
Shantae( Wayforward)

SKX31

Smash Master

My choices here:
My choices to keep a consistent balance and hype:

1. Gordon Freeman, Valve
2. Professor Layton, Level 5
3. Ragna, Arcsys
4. Reimu, ZUN
5. Ahri, Riot Games / Tencent

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

My choices here:
  1. Left 4 Dead 2 Survivors from Valve for absolutely no reason but personal bias
  2. Tracer from Blizzard
  3. Kat Gravity Rush from SCE
  4. Ragna from ArcSystemWorks
  5. Proffesor Layton, I guess, from Level 5

Hey, didn't know you were a Fate fan, nice!

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Oohhhhhh so sorry, I said that the company couldn't already have anything so Velvet is disqualified
Ah shoot ! That counts other things than fighters ! Well I guess ... That would put ...
5. Hat Kid (Gears for Breakfasts)
Then ? It should be alright now ?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

My choices here:
1. Professor Layton (Level-5)
2. Crash Bandicoot (Activision-Blizzard)
3. Travis Touchdown (Whoever owns that IP)
4. Scorpion (Warner Bros.)
5. Either Cooking Mama or Harvest Moon Farmer

Random choices but I think that's got variety to satisfy everyone (except for Nintendo fans but that's the premise).

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

My choices here:
Let's see...
  1. Doomguy / Doom Slayer from Doom (id Software / Bethesda)
  2. Adol Christin from Ys (Nihon Falcom)
  3. Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear (Arcsys)
  4. Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons farmer (Natsume / Marvelous I forget which company owns them currently)
  5. Professor Layton (Level 5) (I want Phoenix Wright more but Capcom is already in Smash)
Edit: aw I forgot how cool a Valve character would be. I'd pick either Chell or Gordon Freeman, but I love all my current 5 picks too much to make room for either of them for now.

Edit 2:

Ahhh, but Travis is disqualified because of the Daemon x Machina spirit, they're both owned by Marvelous
If Story of Seasons is owned by Marvelous, then I'd put Chell or Gordon Freeman in Story of Seasons Farmer's spot.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
1. Professor Layton (Level-5)
2. Crash Bandicoot (Activision-Blizzard)
3. Travis Touchdown (Whoever owns that IP)
4. Scorpion (Warner Bros.)
5. Either Cooking Mama or Harvest Moon Farmer

Random choices but I think that's got variety to satisfy everyone (except for Nintendo fans but that's the premise).
Ahhh, but Travis is disqualified because of the Daemon x Machina spirit, they're both owned by Marvelous

D

Deleted member

My choices here:
Let's see
1. Hat Kid from Gears For Breakfast
2. Madeleine from Celeste
3. Uh... A Borderlands character.
4. Damn it Gwen. This is hard. Laharl from Disgaea.
5. Loophole. Sora because he's Disney.

Bonus: Scorpion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The same thing I did when my previous two most wanteds, Simon and Erdrick, got in. Be extremely excited and relieved, do a victory lap in the support thread, then go adjust my wishlist and immediately shift my focus to the next #1 on the list.

You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter
1. Ryu Hayabusa - Koei Tecmo
2. Kunio - ArcSys
3. Shantae - WayForward
4. D.Va - Blizzard

Oh god most of my favorites are from companies already in the game
Same. Like, 10 characters from my top 30 list are Capcom alone.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's see
1. Hat Kid from Gears For Breakfast
2. Madeleine from Celeste
3. Uh... A Borderlands character.
4. Damn it Gwen. This is hard. Laharl from Disgaea.
5. Loophole. Sora because he's Disney.
...Oh god I forgot Sora. May need to redo mine lmao

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

My choices here:
Had a tough time trying to figure out characters I'd truly want that are with a company not represented in Super Smash Bros.

1: Doom Guy - ID Software
2: Tomba - Sony Computer Entertainment
3: Crash Bandicoot - Activision
4: Yooka & Laylee - Playtonic games
And last but not least, my main man! The dudest of dudes...
5: Sgt. Cortez - THQ Nordic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom