• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's a quote from another thread:

Not complaining, but I suddenly found a solution to this via modding:

1. Choose a character to make a moveset (project smash attacks) mod of. (for example Kai)

2. Build a model of the character.

3. Code/program the character's moveset with a designated modding program.

4. Get/make an artwork of the character and make 7 recolors.

5. Assign the moveset (project smash attacks) mod (both model and moveset) to replace Joker/Ren (or other unwatned playable character on the roster).

6. Replace the CSP of Joker/Ren (or other unwatned playable character on the roster) with the artwork of the character that you're modding.

7. Install and test out the moveset (project smash attacks) mod. If there are any problems and/or glitches/bugs, try repairing them.

And Viola! I've finally removed Joker/Ren (or (insert unwanted playable character here)).

Also, if you're making a moveset (project smash attacks) mod to convert an assist trophy to a playable character, you can also using modding to make any current assist trophy never be an assist trophy again.

1. Choose a character who looks similar, and/or has similar proportions to the assist trophy you're replacing. (eg Papyrus for Waluigi)

2. Build a model of the character.

3. Replace the assist trophy model with the model you created.

4. Get/make an artwork of the character that will replace the assist trophy.

5. Replace the assist trophy icon with the artwork.

6. Try summoning the assist trophy that you replaced the model in training mode as a test.

And yes! It's going to work.

As of now, I know it's possible in Brawl and Smash 4, but for Ultimate we're going to have to wait until moveset modding gets released.
Jesus, you hate his inclusion that much?

Even I'd get over myself if someone like Tracer got in and she's my least wanted, to go through all that trouble just because you hate a character's inclusion is levels of petty I didn't even think we could reach. (Also none of these steps are at all how it works)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I meant the quantity was delusional, not the choices - which are excellent (excluding Geno and Beat). If Sakurai really wants Ultimate to be the greatest and most important video grame crossover ever, then Lara Croft needs to be in. C'mon, there are two Square Enix characters in the game already and i imagine they were both pretty hard to negotiate, so it wouldn't hurt to put old Lara in the game - if Sakurai really want to.
Gotta throw in Gex while you're at it!

Also isn't Project Smash Attacks a Brawl thing?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here's a quote from another thread:

Not complaining, but I suddenly found a solution to this via modding:

Also, if you're making a moveset (project smash attacks) mod to convert an assist trophy to a playable character, you can also using modding to make any current assist trophy never be an assist trophy again.

As of now, I know it's possible in Brawl and Smash 4, but for Ultimate we're going to have to wait until moveset modding gets released.
Or you can just grow up and accept not everything in the world is going to be your liking.

Nobody's going to make a mod just to satisfy some rando's petty hatred.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
My List. I'm personally hoping for 5 first party and 5 third party after the pass (that is, assuming that those other ten slots are actually used), so this will be reflected in my list, which is a mix of desires and predictions:

Early Adopter Bonus:
1. Piranha Plant (Super Mario)

Fighter's Pass:
1. Joker (Persona)
2. Hero (Dragon Quest)
3. Banjo (Banjo-Kazooie)
4. Terry (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
5. Doomguy (DOOM)

Beyond the Fighter's Pass:
1. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
3. Shantae (Shantae)
4. Leon Kennedy or Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
5. Geno (Super Mario RPG)

6. Waluigi (Super Mario)
7. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
8. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
9. Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
10. Gen 8 Pokemon (Pokemon)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can you at least not spell his name like that? It's literally just the German word for "forgive", not some fancy kind of Ben. I swear, it's already annoying enough that everyone pronounced the word like Verge-ben.
Thank you.

For Pete's sake Vergeben has three syllables, people. Not two. Hard G, not soft.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Keep in mind a lot of people can't even properly spell Isaac, which is just straight up a normal name.

If only they could all be basic, common names like Nakoruru, Incineroar, and Edelgard.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
By the way, I saw some more talk on The King of Fighters being a separate franchise from Fatal Fury, but they aren't they're the same. If you want anymore proof that they are LITERALLY the same franchise:

That's the title for the first Fatal Fury game. Fatal Fury: King of Fighters...

Edit: Also this just makes it more obvious as to why Terry was chosen over anyone else. He's been their poster boy since this game. And this was their first ever fighting game.
C'mon chief, we've been over this, they aren't the same.

Even SNK themselves have gone as far as separating Fatal Fury and KOF's old websites as being separate entities, with no Fatal Fury game being in the KOF release timeline.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
By the way, I saw some more talk on The King of Fighters being a separate franchise from Fatal Fury, but they aren't they're the same. If you want anymore proof that they are LITERALLY the same franchise:

Edit: Also this just makes it more obvious as to why Terry was chosen over anyone else. He's been their poster boy since this game. And this was their first ever fighting game.
Yeah... King of Fighters is the name of the tournament that Geese hosts in the first Fatal Fury game... that doesn't mean Fatal Fury and KoF aren't separate series.

Both series are different from each other both in their gameplay and lore. For example in the Fatal Fury universe, Geese eventually dies and the events of Art of Fighting have already taken place 10 years prior to the first FF game. In KoF, Geese is still alive and the characters from AoF are the same age as everyone else. While there is a version of the King of Fighters tournament in the Fatal Fury games, only the first game has it in the title. If we ever got someone like Kyo into Smash (not that I see it happening after Terry being revealed), it'd be Smash x King of Fighters, not Smash x Fatal Fury.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pft, Fatal Fury isn't King of Fighters.

Just like Street Fighter isn't Final Fight.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Idk I see people misspell Incineroar as Inciniroar, Inceneroar and even Incenaroar all the time. That last one may be intentional though
I'd be a bit more worked up about that if we lived in the timeline where Incineroar Newton discovered gravity, were taught about Abraham sacrificing Incineroar, read the works of Incineroar Asimov, listened to Incineroar Hayes and played the Binding of Incineroar.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'd be a bit more worked up about that if we lived in the timeline where Incineroar Newton discovered gravity, were taught about Abraham sacrificing Incineroar, read the works of Incineroar Asimov, listened to Incineroar Hayes and played the Binding of Incineroar.
We learned that **** in primary school, what school did you go to?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Right, and Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight is really a Street Fighter game...and a Final Fight game.

The King of Fighters is just the name of the tournament in the Fatal Fury series. The same way the tournament in Tekken is called The King of Iron Fist.

When SNK decided to make a crossover game, they named it after the tournament in Fatal Fury, but it is NOT the same franchise. They do NOT share a continuity. The Psycho Soldiers and the Ikari Warriors in don't exist in Fatal Fury.

Saying Fatal Fury and King of Fighters is the same franchise is like saying Street Fighter and Capcom Fighting Evolution are the same franchise.

Edit: ****, everyone already said all the things I said...even the SF2010 bit...

9. An Arc System Works character (I don't know who)
Kunio. It's always been Kunio.

-Jet Set Radio being the first real "art game" as some like to put it, the music would be amazing.
Mario Paint: "Am I a joke to you?"

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Thank you.

For Pete's sake Vergeben has three syllables, people. Not two. Hard G, not soft.
As we say in Germany, "Verge-ben und verge-ssen".
I really do hope that someone else here speaks German and knows how painful that is to look at or write

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
King of Fighters is basically Super Smash Bros to the SNK games

It consolidates the three different time periods of the Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury and Garou: Mark of the Wolves games and adds in a couple more for good measure (Psycho Soldier and Ikari Warriors most notably)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Whether Fatal Fury/KoF/SamSho/etc. are the same series (which they aren't) Smash is probably going to treat them as a pretty homogeneous unit anyway.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if every character in the trailer cameos on the stage (which itself seems pretty heavily KoF inspired), not just Ryo.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Whether Fatal Fury/KoF/SamSho/etc. are the same series (which they aren't) Smash is probably going to treat them as a pretty homogeneous unit anyway.
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if we get music/spirits/cameos from all of them, but I expect each of them to be labeled with their correct series of origin.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if we get content/spirits from all of them, but I expect each of them to be labeled with their correct series of origin.
Agreed, but even getting content from multiple series is an aberration for a character pack. It's not like Joker came with SMT stuff or Banjo came with any other Rare series content, like Conker. It just goes to show how intertwined the SNK fighters are, where even though there are different series and this is technically Smash x Fatal Fury (as per the trailer), they're still often treated as a big group.

changemusic

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 4021 7744 1725
Mario Paint: "Am I a joke to you?"
I meant "art game" in that it's an immersive game that brings you into the world of the street as well as being able to spray anything and everything onto stuff. So it's an arthouse-styled game with an immersive soundtrack that also lets you make art in-game. It also inspired the Tony Hawk games, Sunset Overdrive, and arguably parts of the new Cyberpunk game.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Even I'd get over myself if someone like Tracer got in and she's my least wanted, to go through all that trouble just because you hate a character's inclusion is levels of petty I didn't even think we could reach. (Also none of these steps are at all how it works)
I don't want Tracer either, and I would also prefer her to be an assist trophy.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Kunio. It's always been Kunio.
I would expect that Arc System Works would prefer Guilty Gear in Smash if they're including a character. Guilty Gear is basically their premiere franchise that defines them as a company and has for over 20 years. River City/Kunio isn't their franchise, they just own the rights to it, so I actually don't see them going for it at all when Guilty Gear is their baby.

I mean, it'd be like asking for Tomb Raider over Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest. It just doesn't really define the company and or represent them as a big Japanese production house in Smash in the right way.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't want Tracer either, and I would also prefer her to be an assist trophy, for reasons I don't need to explain.
Ngl dude I don’t think you just PREFER her to be one, you want her to be in the game specifically as an Assist Trophy to rub in the face that in your eyes Assist Trophies are some sort of anti hall of fame.

Don’t deny it, you’ve implied that’s the case several times in the past.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Ngl dude I don’t think you just PREFER her to be one, you want her to be in the game specifically as an Assist Trophy to rub in the face that in your eyes Assist Trophies are some sort of anti hall of fame.
You are almost correct, but it's because we don't need Tracer to be playable same with Joker/Ren which I've already mentioned. But I'm glad we have modding available.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You are almost correct, but it's because we don't need Tracer to be playable same with Joker/Ren which I've already mentioned. But I'm glad we have modding available.
This is the weirdest and, arguably, dumbest hill I've seen someone die on in regards to Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dammit man why'd you have to remind me?

View attachment 238273
I know it wouldn't have been everyone's jam, but I would've been happier with Jack Frost as the character, ngl. However, failing that, not even making him a costume was pretty wack.

We don't need anyone to be playable at this point. Now it's just about who's notable or popular.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
If I was upset about a third-party Smash character's inclusion, I'd move on. It isn't that hard, there are 70+ other characters in the game and it looks like almost all of the DLC will be third-party so there are more chances you find the ones you like.

Debating on who was or wasn't a good inclusion is a waste of time, especially when you try to bring up the nebulous concept of "iconicness" as a way to try to gatekeep other potential guest fighters.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
What is all this ****? ****ting on someone because they don't like characters, being anti-modding in general? All of this has been discussed ad nauseam. Are you all new? There's nothing wrong with not liking characters. There's nothing wrong with modding them out.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If we really don’t NEED Tracer, why have her in Smash at all?

No really why? It’s not like Nintendo owns her or Blizzard is involved in Smash. You make literally no sense.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
IMHO it really doesn't matter how 'iconic' the video game character is or if they're a 'minor' character. If Sakurai and the developers can find a way to make it work then they're a viable candidate for Smash.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
What is all this ****? ****ting on someone because they don't like characters, being anti-modding in general? All of this has been discussed ad nauseam. Are you all new? There's nothing wrong with not liking characters. There's nothing wrong with modding them out.
Look, when you have to deal with someone barging into support threads to ***** about how their character shouldn't be playable, that's when it starts to become annoying. Literally all this person does is make nonsensical arguments about why certain characters aren't "iconic" enough to be in a game featuring an obscure NES add-on and just recently added a platformer mascot that's been dead for over a decade. There's nothing wrong with disliking characters, but do you not see how spamming **** about it constantly doesn't get old after a while?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If you don’t like a character...

Then don’t play as them. Or, use them as a punching bag. It’s that simple.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know what I would do if I didn't like Joker or Terry or some future third-party they add?

Not pay money to put them in my game.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
IMHO it really doesn't matter how 'iconic' the video game character is or if they're a 'minor' character. If Sakurai and the developers can find a way to make it work then they're a viable candidate for Smash.
This is literally the mindset everyone should have ngl.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
There’s also nothing wrong with thinking that going through such lengths and risking a hardware ban just to not have a character in your copy of the game is a petty act of defiance.

Like, I don’t want to dogpile or anything, but maaaaan is that a ridiculous take.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This user has continually been pushing an anti-Joker sentiment for months now and has gone as far as to go into the Joker thread to promote it while also claiming that Arthur from Ghost N' Goblins deserves it more and that there is some sort of "empirical evidence of iconic-ness" to characters that should be used when deciding who gets into Smash that also reads exactly like a personal wishlist. It doesn't really fall into trolling, so that's not really something you report, but people are generally tired of this coming up way too often.

And let's face it, modding something out of a game because you don't like it when it literally doesn't have to effect you in the least bit (I mean, Joker is DLC, just don't buy him if you dislike it) is kind of the definition of petty. The solution to this individual's problem already exists.

It's fine to dislike a character or to talk about them in certain ways through discussion, but there does come a point at which individuals end up waging anti-X character campaigns that people don't enjoy listening to (and ultimately don't matter when the character is already in since you can't change that fact).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom