• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Good morning boys and girls.

Just re-read the entire thing and my brain is full of hype and mindf*** at the same time.

Seriously, SNK REP IN SMASH WTF?? I TAKE BACK EVERY COMMENT I MADE. NOW YOU ALL GOT MY ATTENTION.

Ever since I got into SNK getting a Smash rep is everything I wanted next to getting a female rep.

Then again I'll still take this witj sodium chloride.

Thank you Moonton for introducing me into this loop of the rollercoaster ride

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So.....how are you guys feeling on Doom Slayer being the last character now?
Literally 1%, I know FP5’s copyright could change but if next direct is a dual reveal and the copyrights don’t say Bethesda... better hope there’s another pass or more DLC for him to have a chance

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I actually really want to hear from Shifty. And Vergeben. See what they think about it because Shifty was AWFULLY sure about it being Hayabusa. And Verge has kind of shifted my head to question Sabi more than usual after her speaking for him. Sabi I feel is still the most reliable person we have as of now just from their track record.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Could this lead into another Hero/Banjo situation? Where SNK is a character for the eastern gamers as most of it's games are relatively unknown around here, and then character 5 is another "western" pick that has the american/English speaking regions in mind and wont quite appeal to Japanese gamers?

D

Deleted member

Kinda heartbroken to be honest. Not just because Hayabusa might not be in Smash, which I kind of expected since it sounded too good to be true, but also because Hayabusa finally, FINALLY got his time in the sun of Smash Speculation. And it lasted less than a day.

:034:
Man, Hayabusa will never catch a break with Smash leaks. From being the least talked about character with the 5chn leak to now being completely overshadowed by Nintendo themselves leaking SNK.

I'm gonna be rooting for Nightmare and a Warriors rep in Smash if the 4th Fighter Pack is revealed to not have Hayabusa in it. They're the only 2 characters that I think could easily conclude the Fighter Pass, Nightmare for Soulcalibur's significance with crossovers and a Musou character because it'd be the wildest Smash reveal ever.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
I'm really praying for the Metal Slug in a Pokemon Trainer-esque role right now. Having Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio all in the tank with the ability to play as any of them an an amiibo for each would be great, and it'd fulfil several current leaks - the female with a projectile, female with a mech, and Marco.

D

Deleted member

I'm really praying for the Metal Slug in a Pokemon Trainer-esque role right now. Having Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio all in the tank with the ability to play as any of them an an amiibo for each would be great, and it'd fulfil several current leaks - the female with a projectile, female with a mech, and Marco.
BIGYAN NG JACKET 'YAN

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think Terry and Kyo are the front runners depending on if they want to go Simon Belmont style "legacy" or Joker style "sheer popularity and relevance."

Nakoruru, I don't see getting in over Haohmaru, but it's possible as he's already in Soul Calibur and they want to cut back on redundancy.

Marco and the rest of the metal slug crew seem highly unlikely as SNK haven't done much with that IP in a long while.

Mai Shiranui has two very large issues with her design...

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Remember folks, the DLC characters so far are representing their series, not their company: joker came only with persona stuff and nothing else; Hero came with Dragon Quest stuff and nothing else. Banjo Kazooie may as well come with just Banjo Kazooie stuff and nothing else. If the next character is from SNK, it will most likely be there to represent his/her game and nothing else.

Also, every character so far is the main character of its game. If things don't drastically change like that, we're getting a King of Fighters character it's going to be Kyo, maybe Iori or K'. Terry is the protagonist of Fatal Fury, Mai is a side character from that same game and both are side characters in King of Fighters. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nakoruru, as far as I know, isn't the main character of Samurai Showdown, it's Haohmaru, so I imagine him getting priority (see Soul Calibur).

Ok so JP Twitter is supposedly saying FP4’s codename is fighter_kind_sakura? (Possibly hinting at Nakoruru)

Is there a reputable source for this though?
Sakura Wars confirmed, I was right all along :joyful:
(just a jape friend, just a jape)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
SO how do y'all feel about Ryu's chances now? I wonder if he could be the "haha it was still right" Box Theory to SNK's Grinch Leak?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember folks, the DLC characters so far are representing their series, not their company: joker came only with persona stuff and nothing else; Hero came with Dragon Quest stuff and nothing else. Banjo Kazooie may as well come with just Banjo Kazooie stuff and nothing else. If the next character is from SNK, it will most likely be there to represent his/her game and nothing else.

Also, every character so far is the main character of its game. If things don't drastically change like that, we're getting a King of Fighters character it's going to be Kyo, maybe Iori or K'. Terry is the protagonist of Fatal Fury, Mai is a side character from that same game and both are side characters in King of Fighters. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nakoruru, as far as I know, isn't the main character of Samurai Showdown, it's Haohmaru, so I imagine him getting priority (see Soul Calibur).

Sakura Wars confirmed, I was right all along :joyful:
(just a jape friend, just a jape)
I think Sakurai also said he wanted to shift attention away from “main” characters. Nakoruru can be considered another protagonist alongside Haohmaru, like how Chrom, Robin and Lucina can each be considered FE:A’s protagonists.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
SO how do y'all feel about Ryu's chances now? I wonder if he could be the "haha it was still right" Box Theory to SNK's Grinch Leak?
I would love for it to be wrong but until someone like Verge comes out and says no my sources tell me it's not an SNK character I kind of have to believe it is...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm almost certain an SNK rep is going to be someone from King of Fighters. So if an SNK rep is getting picked then my bet is still on Terry. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyo got in though.

SKX31

Smash Master
Literally 1%, I know FP5’s copyright could change but if next direct is a dual reveal and the copyrights don’t say Bethesda... better hope there’s another pass or more DLC for him to have a chance
Me, I'm just baffled at one thing: The mere chance that a browser game company called "37 Games" could be appearing in Smash's Copyright list before Bethesda or Activision-Blizzard. Assuming SNK doesn't appear alone as they usually do.

I mean, seriously. I know SNK's ownership situation is Whack (pardon the pun). One article will say Leyou / Ledo, another will say 37 Games. Kinda leaning towards all three names co-owning SNK and using them with SNK's permission for different stuff. I mean, otherwise KoF wouldn't get a mobile game in China with a MOBA mode. Or a Samurai Showdown mobile game releasing in China first.

Okay, this is getting into Thwack territory.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd prefer them to be like the Koopalings or DQ heroes.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Me, I'm just baffled at one thing: The mere chance that a browser game company called "37 Games" could be appearing in Smash's Copyright list before Bethesda or Activision-Blizzard. Assuming SNK doesn't appear alone as they usually do.

I mean, seriously. I know SNK's ownership situation is Whack (pardon the pun). One article will say Leyou / Ledo, another will say 37 Games. Kinda leaning towards all three names co-owning SNK and using them with SNK's permission for different stuff. I mean, otherwise KoF wouldn't get a mobile game in China with a MOBA mode. Or a Samurai Showdown mobile game releasing in China first.

Based on how Tekken 7 and Fighter Layer EX rolls, it will just be a SNK Corporation credit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>mobile game in China

You think this is taking in mind their plans to release the Switch in China with Tencent’s help? SNK and Tencent are buddies after all

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I know absolutely nothing about any of SNK’s series, so this has really thrown me for a loop. However, this is undeniably a very interesting turn of events, and I’m down for it, should it turn up legit.

Kinda hope we get the bird girl tbh, she seems like she’d have an interesting moveset and the FP could honestly use some girl power.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I've been a vocal supporter of Google Theory for a long time.
But this apparent leak straight from Nintendo seems very damning. It could conceivably be just an error with copy/pasting, but that seems unlikely.
I'm 70/30 right now in SNK's favor, but I haven't lost all hope in Ryu just yet.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Good morning boys and girls.

Just re-read the entire thing and my brain is full of hype and mindf*** at the same time.

Seriously, SNK REP IN SMASH WTF?? I TAKE BACK EVERY COMMENT I MADE. NOW YOU ALL GOT MY ATTENTION.

Ever since I got into SNK getting a Smash rep is everything I wanted next to getting a female rep.

Then again I'll still take this witj sodium chloride.

Thank you Moonton for introducing me into this loop of the rollercoaster ride
It might be Terry Bogard sabi said KOF before she deleted the post

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk I feel like Sabi’s fifty fifty now. Especially with her lying about talking with Vergeben about Hayabusa

I don’t doubt that the SNK thing is true but the fact she deleted her Terry posts makes me think she’s backpedaling...

D

Deleted member

Gutted. There's very little chance that he'd be in FP5 if the SNK leak is real (which Sabi saying that not being a mistake implies an SNK character is actually happening). Until Verge says otherwise, I'm keeping expectations incredibly low on him for precaution.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Idk I feel like Sabi’s fifty fifty now. Especially with her lying about talking with Vergeben about Hayabusa

I don’t doubt that the SNK thing is true but the fact she deleted her Terry posts makes me think she’s backpedaling...
Mustn't lose hope for a Metal Slug character yet, you say?
tumblr_mox5odO0zL1r2z4xoo1_500.gif

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

She probably deleted it because Nintendo does watch her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom