• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was the leak originated in Nintendo of Spain web for sure? Then cool down the guns, bugs and misunderstandings are very common in NOE. Some days ago claimed in their Twitter account that 'Astral chain' was directed by Kamiya and Kamiya himself corrected them, they're a bit clumsy. The copy-paste explanation seems legit to me watching their track-record, it's not the first time they **** around.
I'm not with this leak.
Honestly, I want to see what Iamshifty has to say about it before I believe one way or another. If he backtracks and says that "oh wait it's character 5" then I'm giving up on it. If he stays steadfast then I'll stay optimistic. Not likely that we'll get a response though to be honest...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Milk's leak is real, Mai is definitely the fourth Fighter Pass character. Said rumor also claims that the 5th FP character "already appeared" so they will most likely be either a character who appears in Ultimate in a non-fighter capacity or a character from a company that already has a fighter.
Waluigi confirmed. :dizzy:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I do like how so far we have no idea on the 5th, and really in nintendo didnt screw up we had no idea of the 4th. Nintendo is being good at keepig secrets. I would prefer Nakoruru myself as she would be more unique.

That is true. They are quite.... bad at ending a hype lol.

Whats wrong with Mai?

Pretty sure they are saying Nintendo messed up keeping this secret. This would have SHOCKED people. It still will, but now we can expect an SNK character, before Tekken no less!

D

Deleted member

The hell are the Zombie Theories
The whole google theory and others that still remain with the fanbase, I'm referring them as zombie theories since people still latch into them despite having contradictory stuff.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Okay yall, who's ready for another crackpot conspiracy theory? So remember the Mii Costume theory? I think we're gonna be getting something similar to that, but for game genres instead of companies. Since the SNK reps are most likely gonna be fighting game characters, it would make sense for them to bring back the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes with them. At that point, the only other third party mii costumes we'd have left are the Capcom costumes, Lloyd, Chocobos, Geno, and Gil. Aside from Capcom, what do all these have in common? That's right, all JRPGs! What I'm getting at is that it's very likely that the last character will be an RPG character and all these costumes will come back with them. Obviously this could very well not be the case, but it's a fun theory to think about. At the very least, it gives me an excuse to lean heavily into my prediction that Frisk will be the last character reveal :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was the leak originated in Nintendo of Spain web for sure? Then cool down the guns, bugs and misunderstandings are very common in NOE. Some days ago claimed in their Twitter account that 'Astral chain' was directed by Kamiya and Kamiya himself corrected them, they're a bit clumsy. The copy-paste explanation seems legit to me watching their track-record, it's not the first time they **** around.
I'm not with this leak.
I'm all for being optimistic but this doesn't seem like a case that can just be thrown out for being clumsy. This is the most evidence we've had towards a character since Bloody Tears / Monster Dance. COULD it be a mistake that just HAPPENED to be on the Fighter 4 page that SOMEHOW got carried over from another product? Yeah, sure. But that chance is VERY slim.

It better be Mai. I'm honestly tired of seeing Terry everywhere as much as I love him.

The whole google theory and others that still remain with the fanbase, I'm referring them as zombie theories since people still latch into them despite having contradictory stuff.
Okay yall, who's ready for another crackpot conspiracy theory? So remember the Mii Costume theory? I think we're gonna be getting something similar to that, but for game genres instead of companies. Since the SNK reps are most likely gonna be fighting game characters, it would make sense for them to bring back the Virtua Fighter and Tekken costumes with them. At that point, the only other third party mii costumes we'd have left are the Capcom costumes, Lloyd, Chocobos, Geno, and Gil. Aside from Capcom, what do all these have in common? That's right, all JRPGs! What I'm getting at is that it's very likely that the last character will be an RPG character and all these costumes will come back with them. Obviously this could very well not be the case, but it's a fun theory to think about. At the very least, it gives me an excuse to lean heavily into my prediction that Frisk will be the last character reveal :p
The absolute irony of these posts coming back to back hurts.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I want to see what Iamshifty has to say about it before I believe one way or another. If he backtracks and says that "oh wait it's character 5" then I'm giving up on it. If he stays steadfast then I'll stay optimistic. Not likely that we'll get a response though to be honest...
If this is a typical NOE disaster, (which I belive, some of their workers doesn't seem to know about what are they working with) then take a break about Ayabusa. It doesn't mean that he will be the next, but .... You know.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Extremely unlikely that the copyright info was just accidentally copied over.
Yes, the 4.19 mb is notable, but Hero has that too.

Infact, Hero's matches up more with the Smash, it was copied over from that very likely, not the SNK Heroines DLC page.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Challenger-Pack-4-1519368.html
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Hero-Challenger-Pack-1519384.html

Except DLC 4, unlike 5, is missing copyright information that the first 3 packs already have. Its more possible than you think.

Edit: 1-3 and 5 have the correct existing Copyright info. 4 has the exact SNK copyright info ONLY that matches the SNK heroines DLC4 copyright.

Edit 2: Welp, Hero's doesnt. Nevermiiiiiind

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Honestly I'd be upset, we don't need to give three slots to JRPGs xP Now, if it could be ANY RPG then I'd being in the Dragonborn hype. Though if they were going by Genre then the Sonic costumes wouldn't have come with Joker. And we still don't know which costumes will come with Banjo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nintendo's made errors like this before.

https://imgur.com/rs07PT2

The copyright info could be a legitimate leak, or it could be an error - we don't have any way of knowing for sure.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Gamexplain vultures made a video. They're showing a different source and shape. Still I'm not on it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
*Does homework for a few hours*
*Comes back during a break*
"SNK character leaked by Nintendo!"
*Spit takes*
"Never mind. False alarm...Maybe."
Y u do dis to me Smashboards...

EDIT: I found this comment by a user named daleketchup in the video above. Sharing 'cuz I though it was funny.
SNK director: ok take your pick. We got plenty
Sakurai: I’d like Mai Shiranui
SNK director: isn’t your game...for kids?
Sakurai: gets closer did I stutter?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I won't start popping bottles yet. I think the mistake is plausible for sure. However, this really livened me up in regards to speculation. It really is a wild west territory out there.

SNK still makes the most sense to me. I'm gonna hold out hope but hey, I'll be surprised no matter what now.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If this is a typical NOE disaster, (which I belive, some of their workers doesn't seem to know about what are they working with) then take a break about Ayabusa. It doesn't mean that he will be the next, but .... You know.
What, what do I know?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
While I'm not as confident as I was in the SNK thing as I was like 10 minutes ago, I'm still not giving up hope yet.

Even if this turns out to be a big error and we get some completely different character, I gotta say it's awesome to see SNK at the front of Smash speculation.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I doubt this is an mistake. I mean its possible this was a complete mistake, but thats a lot of maybes and loopholes. I think its very likely we are getting an snk rep.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Except DLC 4, unlike 5, is missing copyright information that the first 3 packs already have. Its more possible than you think.

Edit: 1-3 and 5 have the correct existing Copyright info. 4 has the exact SNK copyright info ONLY that matches the SNK heroines DLC4 copyright.

Edit 2: Welp, Hero's doesnt. Nevermiiiiiind
Hero only has his companies’ copyrights, not all of the companies involved in Smash.

edit: you :ultgreninja:‘d me yourself, I see.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Isn't it common for DLC to be leaked from copyright info being listed ahead of time on accident like this? I don't remember any exact situations but I swear I've a couple instances of this, from other Nintendo games no less.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Speculation has flipped upside down and now we don't know for sure who is next.
An SNK rep or Ryu Hayabusa, pick your bets folks.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
While I'm not as confident as I was in the SNK thing as I was like 10 minutes ago, I'm still not giving up hope yet.

Even if this turns out to be a big error and we get some completely different character, I gotta say it's awesome to see SNK at the front of Smash speculation.
Exactly how I feel. This caused a ton of people to finally do their research and realize how exciting an SNK rep can be. Hopefully it means keeping this momentum for the future!

It really goes to show we don't know at all who could be coming next.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
WELP, Hero's doesnt follow the same copyright rule, NEVERMIND.

So, its a strong MAYBE
Yep, just checked it.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Joker-Challenger-Pack-1519380.html

Joker has all the companies name in his copyright info.
© 2018 Nintendo Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Hero-Challenger-Pack-1519384.html

Hero only has the copyright info of the companies relating to him.
©ARMOR PROJECT / BIRD STUDIO / SQUARE ENIX ©SUGIYAMA KOBO
And like others have said, all of the DLC fighters (including fighter #4) have 4.19 MB size.

Let's not throw SNK's chances out of the window just yet folks.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I'm leaning towards it being a mistake, personally, but this being a leak wouldn't be anything new and I do at least acknowledge the possibility that it may be a leak.

And even if it is a mistake, who's to say SNK doesn't get a character anyway, even as part of Challenger Pack 4? Let alone 5.

It's not something we can throw in the trash, but this is keeping it from being Bloody Tears / Monster Dance or Stage Builder all over again.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
G'ness sake with today's news! First the change in the Pokémon anime and now this.

Needless to say, I stand where this is a legitimate leak. Remember, this came from an official Nintendo website, not from some blurry image from parts unknown. I doubt there's trolls around the site or even people who could make such mistake, specially when the only thing related to Nintendo and SNK coming soon is SamSho, and that game doesn't even have a release for overseas.

D

Deleted member

With all that has happened in the past couple of days, what a twist it'd be if this whole situation wasn't actually Smash related and we'd see Tracer in DoA, Hayabusa in KoF, and an SNK character in Overwatch.

SKX31

Smash Master
WELP, Hero's doesnt follow the same copyright rule, NEVERMIND.

So, its a strong MAYBE
The thing is SNK also operates somewhat separetly from its parent Leyou Technologies / Ledo Millenium / 37 Games (The Chinese / Hong Kong-based joint venture that bought SNK out in 2015.). SNK copyrights appear without either Leyou, Ledo Millenium or 37 for example here, and no one of them are mentioned in any shape or form on the SNK Heroines page.

Edit (Edited the qouted post too): That to me is a detail we shouldn't overlook. Had there been a discrepancy (any of the three companies appearing on the SNK Heroines page and SNK only appearing on the Smash DLC page) I'd be more sceptical.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With all that has happened in the past couple of days, what a twist it'd be if this whole situation wasn't actually Smash related and we'd see Tracer in DoA, Hayabusa in KoF, and an SNK character in Overwatch.
No, we’re getting D. Va in Doom Eternal obviously /s

Though I have been thinking. They rolled out the pages for 4 and 5 this soon. Double reveal + potential announcement of more on the way??? After all there were more than 6 WoL placeholder slots (16 to be precise) and if 3DS/WiiU is anything to go by I think all those slots just might be filled, esp given the “surplus”

The “budget” comment I’m led to believe is only for character showcase presentations.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm convinced that Sakurai is doing this **** intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom