• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
On one hand, Ezio is infinitely more popular than Rayman amongst the general audience, on the other Rayman's the one where people have been asking for him more often...

Lloyd vs. Yuri 2.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
On one hand, Ezio is infinitely more popular than Rayman amongst the general audience, on the other Rayman's the one where people have been asking for him more often...

Lloyd vs. Yuri 2.
More like Steve vs Banjo 2

And in that case, the character Smash fans have been asking for beat the more popular character among the general audience.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine Crash and Rayman are the final two.

Then such an legendary battle royale like this can happen.

:ultpacman:vs.:ultmario:vs.:ultsnake:vs.:ultmegaman:vs.:ultsonic:vs. Crash Bandicoot vs.:ultcloud:vs. Banjo & Kazooie

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Greninja was chosen way before that. Did you even read the interview? Greninja was chosen based upon concept art before X/Y and the Anime premiered. You're looking at it entirely wrong. Development happened way beforehand. The only other possibility is that Greninja was chosen for Ash regardless of the Smash thing, being a coincidence. Sakurai did not choose Greninja in any way related to the anime at all. There's absolutely zero evidence to suggest that.

https://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/super-smash-bros-characters-decided-upon-early-development/ Here's the interview. All it notes is concept art at best. I'll find the Incineroar one later. But yeah, it's Pokemon. Of course it got a new character. People expect one for a reason.

Likewise with Incineroar. He was chosen based upon concept art, which while it did show the Pokemon with Ash as well, it's notable that Sakurai specified he wanted the cat because of Wrestling. It had, again, nothing to do with the anime. He'd have mentioned it if it was related, but it wasn't. What you said was absolutely incorrect and has no actual basis when actually researched. Sure, it's remotely possible Sakurai was told they were going to be in the anime, but zero evidence suggests that. In addition, all the statements suggest it was an irrelevant factor and he's already aware Starters show up in the anime all the time, so it's not like it even matters. Both are purely concept art and "I liked this moveset" more, along with "Pokemon should have a new entry due to its legacy". There's zero evidence to suggest otherwise at this time.
Cool. So now we know you think animation springs to life the day that it airs in Japan. It takes a long time to get a whole series up and running. If an episode aired 6 months before the character was announced in Smash, then that anime was in production for at least a year before that episode even aired, in fact it was probably being made alongside the development of the relevant game.

These decisions were 100% made in tandem. And to say otherwise ignores just how much work The Pokemon Company does to make sure each generation hits with all its content at the same time

Sakurai doesnt get to walk into GameFreak and chose whatever Pokemon he wants. He's given a short list of stuff that TPC would want to see there. I'm sure the list for Gen 8 was Incineroar, Decidueye, Mimikyu and Lycanroc. He chose Incineroar cus of moveset. No debate there. But he does not have free reign to pick whoever he wants.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cool. So now we know you think animation springs to life the day that it airs in Japan. It takes a long time to get a whole series up and running. If an episode aired 6 months before the character was announced in Smash, then that anime was in production for at least a year before that episode even aired, in fact it was probably being made alongside the development of the relevant game.

These decisions were 100% made in tandem. And to say otherwise ignores just how much work The Pokemon Company does to make sure each generation hits with all its content at the same time

Sakurai doesnt get to walk into GameFreak and chose whatever Pokemon he wants. He's given a short list of stuff that TPC would want to see there. I'm sure the list for Gen 8 was Incineroar, Decidueye, Mimikyu and Lycanroc. He chose Incineroar cus of moveset. No debate there. But he does not have free reign to pick whoever he wants.
Except he does. Gamefreak literally outright said that Sakurai chooses the character. They chose to have it that way, and it's stayed that way since development of every game.

I’ve been playing a ton of Smash Bros. lately, as I’m sure everybody has. How involved are you are in the selection of the Pokémon who make it in the game? How did Greninja get into the game? Even since the very first Smash Bros., it’s been Mr. Sakurai coming to us with ideas saying, “If we put this Pokemon in this game – in Smash Bros. – we’d be able to show it off in a really cool way and do something really cool with it.” The origin comes from Mr. Sakurai. We typically go with what he wants to do because he’s really thinking of not just showing off the character in a cool way, but making sure it makes sense and works really well from a gameplay perspective. We leave it up to him.

Now where they actually do stuff is things like costumes. And that's more TPC, since Gamefreak really doesn't take initiative at all with the Pokemon stuff in Smash. TPC, on the other hand, does. But it wasn't them who chose Greninja. At most, they provide the specific concept arts, so there's a small illusion that they somewhat help with the choices made. But it's still Sakurai in the end.

You also seem to be under the impression Sakurai goes to TPC to get a Pokemon character. There's literally only evidence he goes to Gamefreak specifically. TPC is really more that they control some of the actual final representation, I.E. costumes. It's unknown how exactly they are involved, but we know from this interview they aren't the ones remotely choosing any playable Pokemon at all. It's always been Sakurai from the start, as noted here. Is it possible they chose a few? Maybe. But there's a serious lack of evidence to suggest that could possibly be the case.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Except he does. Gamefreak literally outright said that Sakurai chooses the character. They chose to have it that way, and it's stayed that way since development of every game.

I’ve been playing a ton of Smash Bros. lately, as I’m sure everybody has. How involved are you are in the selection of the Pokémon who make it in the game? How did Greninja get into the game? Even since the very first Smash Bros., it’s been Mr. Sakurai coming to us with ideas saying, “If we put this Pokemon in this game – in Smash Bros. – we’d be able to show it off in a really cool way and do something really cool with it.” The origin comes from Mr. Sakurai. We typically go with what he wants to do because he’s really thinking of not just showing off the character in a cool way, but making sure it makes sense and works really well from a gameplay perspective. We leave it up to him.

Now where they actually do stuff is things like costumes. And that's more TPC, since Gamefreak really doesn't take initiative at all with the Pokemon stuff in Smash. TPC, on the other hand, does. But it wasn't them who chose Greninja. At most, they provide the specific concept arts, so there's a small illusion that they somewhat help with the choices made. But it's still Sakurai in the end.

You also seem to be under the impression Sakurai goes to TPC to get a Pokemon character. There's literally only evidence he goes to Gamefreak specifically. TPC is really more that they control some of the actual final representation, I.E. costumes. It's unknown how exactly they are involved, but we know from this interview they aren't the ones remotely choosing any playable Pokemon at all. It's always been Sakurai from the start, as noted here. Is it possible they chose a few? Maybe. But there's a serious lack of evidence to suggest that could possibly be the case.
“Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company,” explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. “What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front. “For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward. “But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.

Can we be done now?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You missed a huge amount of context of timing. Again, the fact that Greninja and Incineroar were the only ones chosen based upon concept art, not from stuff already out. Cherrypicking while ignoring this still shows you're completely wrong about why they were chosen. There was nothing anime-related for those two. Did you 100% ignore the concept art factor? Did you entirely ignore that Sakurai only chose Incineroar over Decidueye because of the Wrestler archtype. The statements are extremely clear on why they were chosen. In fact, there's a bit more to Greninja than what I linked;

https://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/...he-inclusion-of-greninja-in-super-smash-bros/ This is a bit more clear. He literally had nothing but concept art to go off of. The quote you linked is entirely misleading. There was no marketing for X/Y to go off of at that point. It didn't exist yet.

The Pokemon chosen due to the anime were not even remotely Greninja nor Incineroar. They were chosen because a slot was put aside. The only one close to a promotional pick due to the anime soon coming out was Lucario only. That was directly due to the movie releasing at the right time. That's why the time entirely based it upon the movie/anime design, with the full Aura-based abilities. The rest of the Pokemon are far closer to the games, though many clearly have anime influences, as well as are hugely popular in them. Sakurai wanted to include Mewtwo in the first game too, especially when the movie was hot. The second movie helped. Pichu's addition was perfect timing for a clone due to the movies. Jigglypuff was hugely popular in the anime. Charizard as a whole too(Squirtle and Ivysaur, just like Incineroar and Greninja, were not influenced at all by the anime, as the reasons that were given were entirely unrelated. Though I imagine they went for Squirtle over Bulbasaur likely due to the anime, but there's no evidence at all beyond Smash referencing Ash here and there at best. And that's just correlation, not causation).

And on Incineroar;

When planning began around December of 2015, I had resolved that I had to have all kinds of fighters in the game. Generally, though, I can’t really add a character from a game that hasn’t come out yet to the roster… So, I left one character frame open for Pokémon, and after Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out I took another look at it. That resulted in Incineroar being chosen. I wanted to try making a pro-wrestler type character at least once! Incineroar is voiced by the late Mr. Unshō Ishizuka – of Professor. Oak fame – who passed away back in August; he had recorded new lines just for this game. May he rest in peace.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
You missed a huge amount of context of timing. Again, the fact that Greninja and Incineroar were the only ones chosen based upon concept art, not from stuff already out. Cherrypicking while ignoring this still shows you're completely wrong about why they were chosen. There was nothing anime-related for those two. Did you 100% ignore the concept art factor? Did you entirely ignore that Sakurai only chose Incineroar over Decidueye because of the Wrestler archtype. The statements are extremely clear on why they were chosen. In fact, there's a bit more to Greninja than what I linked;

https://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/...he-inclusion-of-greninja-in-super-smash-bros/ This is a bit more clear. He literally had nothing but concept art to go off of. The quote you linked is entirely misleading. There was no marketing for X/Y to go off of at that point. It didn't exist yet.

The Pokemon chosen due to the anime were not even remotely Greninja nor Incineroar. They were chosen because a slot was put aside. The only one close to a promotional pick due to the anime soon coming out was Lucario only. That was directly due to the movie releasing at the right time. That's why the time entirely based it upon the movie/anime design, with the full Aura-based abilities. The rest of the Pokemon are far closer to the games, though many clearly have anime influences, as well as are hugely popular in them. Sakurai wanted to include Mewtwo in the first game too, especially when the movie was hot. The second movie helped. Pichu's addition was perfect timing for a clone due to the movies. Jigglypuff was hugely popular in the anime. Charizard as a whole too(Squirtle and Ivysaur, just like Incineroar and Greninja, were not influenced at all by the anime, as the reasons that were given were entirely unrelated. Though I imagine they went for Squirtle over Bulbasaur likely due to the anime, but there's no evidence at all beyond Smash referencing Ash here and there at best. And that's just correlation, not causation).

And on Incineroar;

When planning began around December of 2015, I had resolved that I had to have all kinds of fighters in the game. Generally, though, I can’t really add a character from a game that hasn’t come out yet to the roster… So, I left one character frame open for Pokémon, and after Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out I took another look at it. That resulted in Incineroar being chosen. I wanted to try making a pro-wrestler type character at least once! Incineroar is voiced by the late Mr. Unshō Ishizuka – of Professor. Oak fame – who passed away back in August; he had recorded new lines just for this game. May he rest in peace.
I'm not saying they were chosen for the anime? I'm saying the anime is a key promotional part of any Pokemon generation where you can see the marketing arm of TPC working at full force. Pokemon is a symbiotic entity made up of more than just the games. In fact the games aren't even the main money maker for the franchise at this point, it's just where the designs come from.

Everytime a new Pokemon games out, there's an anime and trading cards and merchandise. It's the reason that they can't delay Sword and Shield despite the National Dex controversy. It would take too much to cancel all the money that's been invested in launching Generation 8. Also having to tell Nintendo shareholders that Pokemon is going to miss this financial year would be financial suicide. Marketing is not some magical thing that only exists at the end point of development, it is constant and with Pokemon, hugely controlled. It is literally the biggest entertainment brand in the world. Marketing for X and Y definitely existed during development of Smash 4.

During pre-production for the games, The Pokemon Company makes decision on which designs to invest in. Yes Sakurai is shown concept art, but behind the scenes he was not shown all 72 designs for Gen 6 and 88 designs for Gen 7 to make his decision from. As the quote I posted says, he asks which Pokemon is going to be big (because he hasn't been able to do his own market research, so he relies on TPC's research) and that's based on what movies and anime that they have coming soon. All this feeds into one big whole. It's impossible to say what's the most influential, and I'm sure Sakurai got final say because of who would make an interesting character to play as. But that doesn't change the fact that his first question is "who is the big pokemon at the moment". Leaving a space because you want to add a new Pokemon, but don't know which, from the new generation is a marketing move, designed to promote the new generation of Pokemon and the new Smash game.

Right and I'm 100% done.

Can we actually talk about newcomers? Man I would love it if we got an actual Gen 2, 3 and 5 reps. My personal choices would be Scizor, Sceptile/Blaziken or Reuniclus.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right and I'm 100% done.
I'll just keep it short and sweet; they were chosen by Sakurai before any actual marketing took place. It's impossible they were chosen for marketing reasons. Timing doesn't match up. It's hard proven(as well) by the fact that Sakurai chose Greninja based upon illustrations only, and that he directly said his influence was Wrestling, not "marketing". Correlation is not causation, as they say.

Can we actually talk about newcomers? Man I would love it if we got an actual Gen 2, 3 and 5 reps. My personal choices would be Scizor, Sceptile/Blaziken or Reuniclus.
To be honest, there's really no one from Gen 2 I honestly would like over Pichu. I love the guy. 3 is hard to say now. At one point, I liked the idea of Deoxys. Gen 5 is Genesect for me easily.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edelgard's my safest bet at the moment. I just wonder how much can be done to stand her apart from the sword collective.
One of the big new things Three Houses introduces is something Edelgard has proficiency in, the Authority skill. This allows her to bring a battalion of generic NPCs into battle alongside her for use in Gambit attacks.

She also has latent magical skills at her disposal, and her as-of-now unnamed Relic Axe from her post-timeskip art very likely has some extra powers to it, likely similar to the same magical energy Claude's bow and Byleth's Sword of Creation have.

The game still has about a month before it releases, but she already has a promising amount of material to work with.

SKX31

Smash Master
More like Steve vs Banjo 2

And in that case, the character Smash fans have been asking for beat the more popular character among the general audience.
I'm not so sure that Rayman v Ezio is that similar. We have no idea if Ubisoft buying out Brawlhalla and getting Rayman into that game - before Sakurai had finalized the Fighter Pass roster IIRC - hurts his chances or not. While I've brought up Ezio's VA, Roger Craig Smith, before: we have no idea if he has to be credited in-game as Ezio (like Steve Burton must be for Cloud) which would really hurt the Assassin's chances. Alongside other potential factors, like if Banjo being chosen impacts Rayman's chances or Joker being chosen affecting Ezio's.

(Also, Rayman's Spirit baffles me to no end. Not because of any difficulty, no: He's just an Ace level spirit, it's Sukapon that's Legend.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll just keep it short and sweet; they were chosen by Sakurai before any actual marketing took place. It's impossible they were chosen for marketing reasons. Timing doesn't match up. It's hard proven(as well) by the fact that Sakurai chose Greninja based upon illustrations only, and that he directly said his influence was Wrestling, not "marketing". Correlation is not causation, as they say.

To be honest, there's really no one from Gen 2 I honestly would like over Pichu. I love the guy. 3 is hard to say now. At one point, I liked the idea of Deoxys. Gen 5 is Genesect for me easily.
Given that, I wouldn't be too shocked if we get a Gen 8 Pokémon in this pass or later on, despite recency factors seemingly getting in the way.

From the looks of things, it really does seem like Sakurai's picks influences creators.

(Also, Rayman's Spirit baffles me to no end. Not because of any difficulty, no: He's just an Ace level spirit, it's Sukapon that's Legend.)
It still bugs me that his friends have been ignored this time. And the Rabbid spirits in here are more strongly related to the Mario series than their own property. What the bleeding hell is even going on?

Last edited:

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
"Lloyd:

The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?

Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?

For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]

Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult."
Pulled from here: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

If any Namco rep gets in DLC (very likely considering they develop the games and only have Pacman to show for it) I think it'll be Lloyd. As much as I want Artorias or any DS rep I think Lloyd brings too much to the table with his dual swords stuff and has enough fan demand behind him to get him in.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I know I'm going to be chewed out for this because I always do. But 3 out if the 5 slots being dedicated to JRPG anime inspired Humans that primarily use a sword like object would annoy the hell out of me. I know I know the first thing people are going to say to me is that they will play differently. But still. I would like some variety in genre choices and weapon choices.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know I'm going to be chewed out for this because I always do. But 3 out if the 5 slots being dedicated to JRPG anime inspired Humans that primarily use a sword like object would annoy the hell out of me. I know I know the first thing people are going to say to me is that they will play differently. But still. I would like some variety in genre choices and weapon choices.
Out of three revealed characters, only one of them use a sword. The scenario you're proposing is simply impossible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Out of three revealed characters, only one of them use a sword. The scenario you're proposing is simply impossible.
Also Joker technically uses a dagger

Also, who knows, Lloyd might be a Mii costume again and the new Bandai Namco rep might be someone different. Time will tell

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm talking about with the possibility of Lloyd. And I knew people would act like Joker doesn't use a sword so that's why I put Sword like object because it basically looks and acts like one. I guess it just being a super long dagger somehow makes it different? :V

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, we have too many sword fighter third parties.

:ultbayonetta: and :ultmegaman: shoot really small swords, :ultsnake: fights with explosive swords, :ultsimon::ultrichter: wield really long and thin swords and not to mention :ultsonic:'s quills are sharp so they might as well be swords.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm talking about with the possibility of Lloyd. And I knew people would act like Joker doesn't use a sword so that's why I put Sword like object because it basically looks and acts like one. I guess it just being a super long dagger somehow makes it different? :V
It definitely doesn't act like one. Swords are known for extended range. Joker's dagger doesn't have much range at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... I'm wondering, what if Joker isn't the only "You never see it comiiiiiiing~" character in the fighter pass.
Not as in no leaks but if they were to appear in a leak we'd all dismiss it as being poppycock and random.

Banjo has been on a lot of wanted lists even if we thought it was impossible
and Dragon Quest is the official state religion of Japan

Things like, say, the car from Daytona USA or Dysentery from Oregon Trail

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hmm... I'm wondering, what if Joker isn't the only "You never see it comiiiiiiing~" character in the fighter pass.
Not as in no leaks but if they were to appear in a leak we'd all dismiss it as being poppycock and random.

This is how Style Savvy Rep can still win

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given Sakurai likes to surprise us I think that's definitely in the realm of possibility. Only question is what character would be up in Joker's rally of "You never saw it coming"?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

SNK, Metal Slug, SNK, KOF, SNK

Y'all hear something? :emptysheep:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still in the minority who says Nightmare should be the Namco rep.

-First 3rd party villain to join Smash.
-Returns the favor of Link starring in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II.
-Also would be an unique sword fighter with an interesting moveset compared from others and first heavy weight one to boot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I didn't know they nerfed Ike's weight.
Ike's an heavy weight? Didn't seem like so. When I think of heavy weights I think of hefty looking characters like Bowser and King K. Rool.

My bad then. Still it'd be nice to get another heavy weight sword user added to the roster never the less.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Getting Lloyd in would solidify ALL of the great jrpgs in smash, so I’m in favor of it.
I one hundred percent agree with you. The Tales series is pretty much the last long standing JRPG yet in the game, if we exclude Megami Tensei because of Joker(although they may double back for that series in the next game... possibly). The only remaining JRPG of the same caliber (if we use Tales as the bar) is Kingdom Hearts if we are going by the best selling JRPGs.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, I happened upon these news in regards to Doom Slayer.

I've read here on some arguing that Doom Slayer might not be too likely due to toning the character's brutal personality down for the game could in a way "alienate" Doom fans; however, I believe that such a feat is possible. Although Doom Slayer isn't among my fave pics but, I'd be pretty excited if he does end up being in the roster. Acknowledging him as the representative of the FPS genre, I do understand (and believe) he's got a good shot. Plus from the Doom Eternal gameplay I've seen, they added a lot of mobility options to the character (basic double jump, grappling hook, etc.). Speaking of movement (and moves therein), if said mobility options are transferred to SSBU (grappling hook could be either his grab, or side/up b), the variety of weapon he wields can make up for an interesting moveset.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ike's an heavy weight? Didn't seem like so. When I think of heavy weights I think of hefty looking characters like Bowser and King K. Rool.

My bad then. Still it'd be nice to get another heavy weight sword user added to the roster never the less.
You are talking about super heavy weights.

Still, it's hard to tell a character's weight before they get into Smash, considering :ultrosalina::ultmewtwo: are lightweights and :ultridley: is lighter than :ultincineroar:.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I'm not so sure that Rayman v Ezio is that similar. We have no idea if Ubisoft buying out Brawlhalla and getting Rayman into that game - before Sakurai had finalized the Fighter Pass roster IIRC - hurts his chances or not. While I've brought up Ezio's VA, Roger Craig Smith, before: we have no idea if he has to be credited in-game as Ezio (like Steve Burton must be for Cloud) which would really hurt the Assassin's chances. Alongside other potential factors, like if Banjo being chosen impacts Rayman's chances or Joker being chosen affecting Ezio's.

I mean it's similar in the sense that you have a fan favorite with demand (Banjo = Rayman) vs a less demanded character who people say is likely soley cause of series sales (steve=Ezio) *although I will say Steve actually has some demand where Ezio has none*

I don't think we're getting a Ubisoft rep on this pass. But if we get one in a future pass, then I'd say we'd most likely get Rayman if Banjo is anything to go by that fan demand matters.

Also I don't think the grade of a spirit really means anything for future chances lol

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Somewhat related but I'd take Ezio over Rayman any day. Personally I never thought Rayman was interesting.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean it's similar in the sense that you have a fan favorite with demand (Banjo = Rayman) vs a less demanded character who people say is likely soley cause of series sales (steve=Ezio) *although I will say Steve actually has some demand where Ezio has none*

I don't think we're getting a Ubisoft rep on this pass. But if we get one in a future pass, then I'd say we'd most likely get Rayman if Banjo is anything to go by that fan demand matters.

Also I don't think the grade of a spirit really means anything for future chances lol
However, Rayman is not demanded in the same way BK was.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Rayman really...is a lot less of a thing than people say he is. And on a personal level I would have Ezio over him any day. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I feel like a broken record, but we literally got Hero in the same direct over more speculated characters like Geno, along with Banjo.

Bear and bird don't mean fan pools will triumph over general popularities from now on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is how Style Savvy Rep can still win
Imagine that.

A standard Smash trailer with Mario and Toon Link fighting. Duddenly they're in their new 3DS outfits and this starts playing

STYLIST changes things up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom