• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukefire

Smash Master
It could be for anything. Sakurai knows that the community does plenty of speculation.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
hold on to your hats people

There was a problem fetching the tweet

shinobi retweated sakurais video
That could just be because he's a fan of Smash Bros. I remember people reacting in a similar way when a higher-up at Monolith Soft retweeted a Smash announcement, causing people to believe that Shulk was going to be revealed. It wound up being the reveal for Robin and Lucina.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
If the Fake Smash Ball was a hint from Sakurai. I think it might be a hint where Sakurai is aware of the rumored characters and it turns out the potential fighters aren't the rumored characters.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If the Fake Smash Ball was a hint from Sakurai. I think it might be a hint where Sakurai is aware of the rumored characters and it turns out the potential fighters aren't the rumored characters.
If it wasn’t just a gag, it’s much more-likely there’s actually two characters instead of one. They never acknowledge leaks or rumors.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think that people are just over-analyzing everything that Sakurai says or does - they think that the choice of chairs in the background is a hint towards Skull Kid or Waluigi, or a tweet about having red eyes from being tired is a hint towards the next character in Smash, or if he talks about a video game, that means that it HAS to be represented in the next Smash game somehow.

I don't want to see the community over-analyzing an off-hand comment about a fake Smash Ball, get excited and hyped about certain leaks being fake, or the Nintendo Direct having more characters than expected, or however many ways that the comment could be interpreted, only for them to get mad when things don't turn out how they expected/wanted. Then again, that seems unavoidable in this day and age.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I think that people are just over-analyzing everything that Sakurai says or does - they think that the choice of chairs in the background is a hint towards Skull Kid or Waluigi, or a tweet about having red eyes from being tired is a hint towards the next character in Smash, or if he talks about a video game, that means that it HAS to be represented in the next Smash game somehow.

I don't want to see the community over-analyzing an off-hand comment about a fake Smash Ball, get excited and hyped about certain leaks being fake, or the Nintendo Direct having more characters than expected, or however many ways that the comment could be interpreted, only for them to get mad when things don't turn out how they expected/wanted. Then again, that seems unavoidable in this day and age.
I don't even understand half the crap people come up with anymore.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The fake Smash Ball is not the same as some colored chairs. Sakurai directly pointed out that the Smash Ball turned into a fake one. It's obviously a hint to something. What does it mean? Who knows. We'll find out in two days.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The fake Smash Ball is not the same as some colored chairs. Sakurai directly pointed out that the Smash Ball turned into a fake one. It's obviously a hint to something. What does it mean? Who knows. We'll find out in two days.
Shantae is back. She transforms.

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
Spy from TF2 is the new fighter. After all, he never really was on your side.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It obviously means that the Change of Heart card is the next DLC character. They're both the ultimate betrayal.

andree123

Smash Ace
Someone has reported that Shigeru Miyamoto will be appearing at Microsoft E3, got any sources?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can't help but wonder if the fake Smash Ball means anything. Odd enough to have a Smash Ball prop there in the first place - was it always there in that venue, or did they bring it out just for Sakurai's bit? Why would Sakurai even point out that it changed?

I can't even really guess at who it might clue at. Certainly none of the popular speculation picks.
This is a huge strech, but maybe it's hinting at Maxwell from Scribblenauts? turning the Smash ball into a Fake one could be seen as applying the "fake" adjective.

probably not, though.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Welp, Microsoft ended and no Banjo at all. Chances for Smash looking bleaker now.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Microsoft has revealed their schedule for every event they have a presence in....

...and Nintendo's direct is on the list.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I really don't know who would be an E3 character, though. Erdrick has extremely limited appeal to people outside of Japan, and Banjo is still inactive at best/dead at worst...

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Disclaimer: i think that artorias leak hold 0% credibility, and erdrick is gonna happen... also i really doubt that there will be any dark souls content in smash...

BUT!.

let's ride for that ave a little longer, and praise till you are hollow!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I really don't know who would be an E3 character, though. Erdrick has extremely limited appeal to people outside of Japan, and Banjo is still inactive at best/dead at worst...
Yeah. I think that we might not be getting Erdrick and Banjo at E3 after all.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Topic: When you all think about Erdrick, do you imagine the moveset in your head wand imagining the trailer with Dragon Quest Overture theme? Or do you think moreso about him in a negative sense, like thinking consciously about the Smash community's debates about the character? Essentially, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

For me, the community has pretty much put me in a position where I cannot really imagine it, just saying Erdrick reminds me of the circling debates within the Smash speculation community. :p

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Topic: When you all think about Erdrick, do you imagine the moveset in your head wand imagining the trailer with Dragon Quest Overture theme? Or do you think moreso about him in a negative sense, like thinking consciously about the Smash community's debates about the character? Essentially, what is the first thing that comes to mind?

For me, the community has pretty much put me in a position where I cannot really imagine it, just saying Erdrick reminds me of the circling debates within the Smash speculation community. :p
The first thing that comes to my mind is how quickly somebody is going to put together a Crono mod for Erdrick, given that they're both Toriyama-drawn swordsmen.
1560126926420.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom