• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that we might end up getting multiple western characters in the Fighter Pass considering how many of them are supporting the Switch, especially Ubisoft, Microsoft, and Bethesda.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Okay here's my off-kilter prediction: E3 will not give us a character. It's going to give us a "Tune in on June 20th/21st/(somewhere in early July) for a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct!" instead. Opens with character 2 who releases day of, ends with character 3 slated for September.

I think there's a decent chance of THIS happening. We could get an E3 character but something tells me that's not happening, or at least we might be waiting longer, for some reason.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Okay here's my off-kilter prediction: E3 will not give us a character. It's going to give us a "Tune in on June 20th/21st/(somewhere in early July) for a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct!" instead. Opens with character 2 who releases day of, ends with character 3 slated for September.

I think there's a decent chance of THIS happening. We could get an E3 character but something tells me that's not happening, or at least we might be waiting longer, for some reason.
I don't think that they're doing that unless Nintendo is extremely concerned that Smash would overshadow their upcoming titles.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Hold up everyone, this may be nothing but the announcers during the smash tournament just said 5 min ago "We'll DLC you later!"

Illuminati confirmed?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So the Smash E3 2019 tournament had Sakurai featured, and he said the next DLC fighter will be announced in the next Direct. Does it spell out the two potential reveals of Erdrick and Banjo?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So the Smash E3 2019 tournament had Sakurai featured, and he said the next DLC fighter will be announced in the next Direct. Does it spell out the two potential reveals of Erdrick and Banjo?
We are getting a new character reveal at E3, although I don't know if it will be Erdrick and Banjo. Sakurai can surprise us.

D

Deleted member

Doug Bowser brought up that Smash Online Invitational thing where the award is an Evo registration and a paid trip.

From the looks of it, E3 will reveal the 2nd Fighter Pack and the 3rd Fighter Pack will be revealed at Evo. This will be a long but exciting wait for 2 days to pass by.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Anyone think another balance patch will come sooner than later? I know we just had one, but with this new character announcement, they might release another one, even if I do think it's too soon.

On topic, I'm not too fussed about who gets revealed. I've already got some of my favorite characters in smash, so I can't complain.

It's probably extremely unlikely, but I quite like 2B. I'd use her if she got in.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Anyone think another balance patch will come sooner than later? I know we just had one, but with this new character announcement, they might release another one, even if I do think it's too soon.

On topic, I'm not too fussed about who gets revealed. I've already got some of my favorite characters in smash, so I can't complain.

It's probably extremely unlikely, but I quite like 2B. I'd use her if she got in.
The current patch notification is still set to be up for two weeks right?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I don't know. I'm still new to this forum so I'm not sure how some things work around here.
No I mean

The notification your switch gets for new patches. There are a few notifications being cycled through by your system and theres a set date for how long it'll Stay in cycle. The notification for the previous patch is still up for a while, so don't expect game updates for the next week or 2

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, Microsoft's stuff is today, so maybe we'll see some cool ****.

Otherwise, we're one step closer to seeing some new character. Be it Banjo, Erdrick or someone else.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...imate_will_be_revealed_at_nintendos_e3_direct

So yeah, just a small announcement for revealing the next character's announcement, no reveals for today, it's clear as crystal. An announcement for an announcement, basically.

If it's just going to be one character announcement, I honestly wonder if they can manage to do the rest of the pass' characters before the February deadline crops up...

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I can't help but wonder if the fake Smash Ball means anything. Odd enough to have a Smash Ball prop there in the first place - was it always there in that venue, or did they bring it out just for Sakurai's bit? Why would Sakurai even point out that it changed?

I can't even really guess at who it might clue at. Certainly none of the popular speculation picks.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...imate_will_be_revealed_at_nintendos_e3_direct

So yeah, just a small announcement for revealing the next character's announcement, no reveals for today, it's clear as crystal. An announcement for an announcement, basically.

If it's just going to be one character announcement, I honestly wonder if they can manage to do the rest of the pass' characters before the February deadline crops up...
They have seven months left. They can manage three more reveals in that timeframe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They have seven months left. They can manage three more reveals in that timeframe.
As long as it doesn't take nearly as long to release as Joker after each announcement.

There is one small detail in the post-tournament announcement that got people thinking; the Smash Ball next to Sakurai changed into a fake one. Does it really mean anything or is simply a harmless gag? Who knows, I'm basically done trying to argue anything in this speculation period at the moment. :drshrug:

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I can't help but wonder if the fake Smash Ball means anything. Odd enough to have a Smash Ball prop there in the first place - was it always there in that venue, or did they bring it out just for Sakurai's bit? Why would Sakurai even point out that it changed?

I can't even really guess at who it might clue at. Certainly none of the popular speculation picks.
Gonna be honest, I really don't think it means anything.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have a vid, does that count?

Oh that's interesting...

It's probably Sakurai just poking fun though. Unless the new character has some special ability that occurs with the fake Smash Ball or something....

Edit: Either that or he indirectly acknowledges all the rumours that have been going around for the next fighter and subtly hinting that their all fake...

I don't know lol..

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I still think the smash ball comment is just Sakurai being random as always. But who knows? Red eyes was apparently a hint so, maybe I’m missing it here.
His wording does hit close to home when he said “people” not “players” as ok players from the tournament.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
People have been saying that because the the fake Smash Ball explodes into an X shape it means Xbox and it's a sign for Banjo...

...grasping straws here if you ask me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People have been saying that because the the fake Smash Ball explodes into an X shape it means Xbox and it's a sign for Banjo...

Meh, as long as it's a short-term tease (assuming it's even one at all, anyway, I don't know/care anymore), Sakurai doesn't do year-long mindgames to mess with fans. The only 4D chess playing is the one that the Smash community does with itself.

Still more believable than purple and yellow chairs confirming Waluigi.
Final boss.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

It's a reach if you ask me, Sakurai don't do 4D chess mindgames like this. The furthest he's gone was with the fake Palutena trophy, and he even properly revealed Palutena in the same direct.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
It's a reach if you ask me, Sakurai don't do 4D chess mindgames like this. The furthest he's gone was with the fake Palutena trophy, and he even properly revealed Palutena in the same direct.
Wasn't the fake Palutena trophy in the direct that revealed Greninja?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wasn't the fake Palutena trophy in the direct that revealed Greninja?
Yeah. The Psuedo-Palutena tease came in the direct that revealed Greninja. Palutena herself wasn't revealed until two months later, during E3.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's probably nothing yeah, unless there is a new version of the Smash Ball item introduced that switches between the real and fake one or something...

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Man...

This is feel like a looooong two days.

That's for darn sure.

Least Microsoft and SE can hopefully tide us over til then.

andree123

Smash Ace
The fake Smash Ball creates a "X" when broken, X is used in various crossovers, this means a 3rd party franchise will be crossovering into smash, but I am not sure if it relates to Xbox too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom