• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only thing I hope out of this pass is that there's a character from a game I actually play.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The only thing I hope out of this pass is that there's a character from a game I actually play.
Heh, ain't that the truth, eh? I was close to getting two of those characters in Smash 4 with the Villager from Animal Crossing and the rumoured Chorus Kids. But of course it then turned out that those weren't in the roster.

thisjustin2001

Smash Apprentice
Heh, ain't that the truth, eh? I was close to getting two of those characters in Smash 4 with the Villager from Animal Crossing and the rumoured Chorus Kids. But of course it then turned out that those weren't in the roster.
Wait...only two? So, you don't play Mario games? Because Rosalina and Bowser Jr. we're newcomers in that game.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I mean I'm glad Joker is here and id be fine with Erdrick, they are both fine picks.

It's just I hope at least one of the DLC characters is someone I already have an attachment to. That's why I'm hoping that they have a very diverse selection with the DLC lineup, diverse in game genre they originate from and in style/tone. I'm hoping most people can get their "one character" that they care for.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Vergeben's claims for Erdrick are falling apart at the seams and Hitagi is desperately trying to stay relevant. Vergeben's very own logic of "They can make Erdrick a big deal at E3" flies directly in the face of "Nintendo rearranged the entire DLC schedule just to avoid showing him off at the Game Awards". Why couldn't they just show Erdrick off at the Game Awards and make him a big deal then?
This just reeks of bull-crap and I'm 99% sure the community is going to get Grinch'd on Erdrick
I'm inclined to agree. Verge has been incredibly shaky with his DLC "leaks", such as his repeated claim of "Minecraft content" that still hasn't manifested. It's entirely possible that Erdrick is simply leakbait and we're getting Grinched again. I'm not sure why we're supposed to take his word as gospel when he's been wrong as often as he's been right.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm inclined to agree. Verge has been incredibly shaky with his DLC "leaks", such as his repeated claim of "Minecraft content" that still hasn't manifested. It's entirely possible that Erdrick is simply leakbait and we're getting Grinched again. I'm not sure why we're supposed to take his word as gospel when he's been wrong as often as he's been right.
Especially considering that he made his claim of Minecraft content around the same time that he claimed that Snake, Ice Climbers, Ridley, and Simon Belmont would be playable.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
...You guys DO remember that last time we got Grinched, the supposed ‘leakbait’ turned out to be real, right?

Erdrick actually being leakbait would be equivalent to if the Grinch leak turned out real.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
At this point I believe the DLC will be this...

1. Steve (Minecraft) - It just makes too much sense. Even taking out the Verge stuff, we know many of Nintendo’s employees have a love and somewhat envy for Minecraft, including Miyamoto and Sakurai. The game has also been heavily pushed by Nintendo with exclusive 3DSs and having spotlight in the Switch Online presentation. Add in that Microsoft and Nintendo’s first collaboration project since the early years of the DS was Minecraft and its cross play initiative and it seems to be the front runner of the supposed Microsoft picks. Also, Minecraft is super popular and defined an entire genre and decade of gaming. If we are going for historical and big gaming pick# than MC certainly beats out all competitions from Microsoft.

2. Doom Slayer (Doom) - Bethesda mentioned that they spoke to Nintendo about Smash, so it seems like a Bethesda pick is likely. The reason Doom will probably rise above the rest is due to the franchise’s legacy of being the first big FPS. Doom also had the Switch port that was kinda a game changer in what the Switch was capable of. IDK why, but Doom seems really likely, maybe because Sakurai talked about the history, but I believe it’s because Bethesda will get a character and they’d be stupid to pick something else over Doom.

3. Erdrik (Dragon Quest) - This one’s easy, it really just comes down to Square’s need for DLC money. From what I heard, it seemed that Square was very difficult to work with as they wanted Cloud as DLC, so it seems like Erdrik would be a compromise pick so that Cloud can be in the base game and Square can keep that DLC money. I guess I should also say that DQ is loved in Japan, so the mascot would sell pretty well. DQ has also had numerous crossovers with Mario, so Erdrik would be far from the unordinary at this point.

4. ? - honestly this seems to be the only character not figured out. My 3 guesses though are Ryu Habasa (Ninja Gaiden), Rayman or the Rabbids. Ryu is sort of the last NES icon giving him a shot. Rabbids are used, but don’t have spirits from their own games, so Nintendo may work with Ubisoft again to bring the Rabbids to Smash. Rayman was found frozen on Battlefield. This pick is going to be strange to say the least, but I think it’ll come down to Ninja Gaiden vs a Ubisoft property.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Reminder that Verge usually manages to leak base rosters right (up to a point). DLC is a completely different story, seeing his track record with DB Fighter Z so far.

Never stopped me before. :ultrob:
Still hasn't stopped the GameFAQs crew (well, some of them) from saying "What does that have to do with Smash" or "He got a lot of Smash stuff right" (I am not doing that alternating caps lock **** again)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Woah now, let's not state the RAYMAN FROZEN IN BATTLEFIELD as legit like that.
Wait...only two? So, you don't play Mario games? Because Rosalina and Bowser Jr. we're newcomers in that game.
Hey man, I don't have anything against Rosalina or Bowser Jr, and I've played Mario games a plenty, who hasn't? The Miis, Pac-Man himself, even the Duck Hunt Dog's games I may have all been familiar with at the time, and their inclusion was totally fine and cool! It's just that, and through no fault of their own, they didn't happen to be franchises I was very, quite into. I got my Animal Crossing character after the previous doubts of being unsuited for battle, but I also played both of the (localised) Rhythm Paradise games at the time and wanted the Chorus Kids Gematsu thing to be true. There'd be not one, but TWO characters I was into and thus really excited for! TWO!

Sadly though, it didn't end up that way and continued with Ultimate (even though the other Gemetsu-failed character made it into that one *grumble*...)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still hasn't stopped the GameFAQs crew (well, some of them) from saying "What does that have to do with Smash" or "He got a lot of Smash stuff right" (I am not doing that alternating caps lock **** again)
It's just the way they are, can't help that. They'll blindly follow him no matter what (unless he and his sources somehow get everything wrong, anyway). :drshrug:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
It's just the way they are, can't help that. They'll blindly follow him no matter what (unless he and his sources somehow get everything wrong, anyway). :drshrug:
Please forgive them for not operating in black and white ideals, like you do (even though a lot of GameFAQs users do act like that).

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I guess I failed to get answer should I not or and where to post this in other thread so I'll just throw it in here.
Things I find interesting from Sakurai's book.
- He knows some are serious, but he doesn't think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen. (p27)
- DLC could say shortening the life span of its franchise. For Smash those characters could join in next time. But Smash is also not a title to think about continuation so doing his best every time. (p27)
- He wants Smash to be more casual and see non-competitive tournaments. Smash is a party game. But he also knows he is not the one to plan those. (p31)
- In Smash for days, there was restriction of a time span to offer updates and 3DS had a limited number of times to update. So Wii U version had to do the same. This is why Lucas, Roy, and Ryu released at the same time. (p33)
- If it's a one time purchase type of game, then it's more efficient for the company to start making the next game than keep updating. (p59)
- Updates are normal thing these days, but still they are voluntary service. (p59)
- He always thinks it's important to hear voices from people not speaking up. Real beginners don't speak up. (p61)
- The plan of Smash Ultimate completed December 16th 2015. It's a coincidence, but was the same day of the last Smash for direct. (p63)
- He is not thinking of doing Smash ballot again. It was used in Smash Ultimate's development very much. (p63)
- Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected. (p63)
- He was making the plans for Smash Ultimate during the vacation he got after Smash for DLC was done. (p69)
- He treats character's individuality as its own game itself. All the unique systems certain characters has are all newly built just for him/her. (p69)
- It's already had proven true that joining as a character in Smash has advertising effect. (p99)
- He played through beta version of Zelda BotW to the end in 2 days during the Smash Ultimate development because he needed to know how new Link works before anyone else. (p125)
- He thinks games should not be created based on researched data alone and saying games only born to imitate other games are misfortune. Those data should be used for marketings or managements, not to plan new games. Old data are old. (p133)
- (Speaking of Super Nintendo World) 60 billion yen is enough to make every Smash game up to Ultimate and more with couple ten billion of changes. Not many Japanese games have budgets over 10 billion yen. (p139)
- He wish there were Smash Area in Super Nintendo World. (p139)
- Smash Ultimate's DLC wasn't a thing at the time around Famitsu column vol. 546 January 11th 2018, and it was planned without the developers will. (p165)
- DLC developments in general take time, so by the time of the release, the market will be much smaller than it used to be. DLC business is very risky than people might think. (p165)
- They are not something sell that much so it's difficult to gather staffs. Sometimes better to move on to the next game. (p165)
- He is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents. (p165)
- Omega and battlefield for every stages take a lot more work than people might think. (p187)
- HAL Laboratory, Inc. is still on the credits list, but not involved in the development anymore. (p188)
- If you think about the completion of the development, bringing back everyone is not something you should do. (p189)
- The team was very careful of leaks at E3 2018. They didn't use printed promotional materials to avoid leaks. "Everyone is here" wasn't known even in Nintendo so the when it happened Nintendo staffs were also screaming. (p190)
- Smash tend to have characters from older series. But just old characters wouldn't make Smash worthy. If there is no new series, then the selection of the characters will be from the old series. (p199)
- People say "why they can't do this easy stuff?" but there is always a reason for that, One correction could cause another bug. (p205)
- The story idea of World of Light was already existed since Smash Brawl. (p208)
- He doesn't follow internets reaction so didn't know all the fan predictions. (p209)
- The idea of the Spirits is kind of the last resort. He is not sure he'll be making another gameplay like the Spirits. (p211)
- There was a plan to include a map like the Spirits to the Adventure Mode in Smash Melee. (p211)
- He said he took a long vacation, but actually he was just taking breaks as the calendar goes. He has a cat so he can't go for a long trip. (p214)
- By the time of the end of March 2019, the online win ratio of every character are very close to each other at the point he almost thinks better not to change anymore. (p216)
- There are metas, so just certain characters were strong at that time is not good enough reason to make them change. (p216)

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I guess I failed to get answer should I not or and where to post this in other thread so I'll just throw it in here.
- He knows some are serious, but he doesn't think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen. (p27)
- DLC could say shortening the life span of its franchise. For Smash those characters could join in next time. But Smash is also not a title to think about continuation so doing his best every time. (p27)
- He wants Smash to be more casual and see non-competitive tournaments. Smash is a party game. But he also knows he is not the one to plan those. (p31)
- In Smash for days, there was restriction of a time span to offer updates and 3DS had a limited number of times to update. So Wii U version had to do the same. This is why Lucas, Roy, and Ryu released at the same time. (p33)
- If it's a one time purchase type of game, then it's more efficient for the company to start making the next game than keep updating. (p59)
- Updates are normal thing these days, but still they are voluntary service. (p59)
- He always thinks it's important to hear voices from people not speaking up. Real beginners don't speak up. (p61)
- The plan of Smash Ultimate completed December 16th 2015. It's a coincidence, but was the same day of the last Smash for direct. (p63)
- He is not thinking of doing Smash ballot again. It was used in Smash Ultimate's development very much. (p63)
- Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected. (p63)
- He was making the plans for Smash Ultimate during the vacation he got after Smash for DLC was done. (p69)
- He treats character's individuality as its own game itself. All the unique systems certain characters has are all newly built just for him/her. (p69)
- It's already had proven true that joining as a character in Smash has advertising effect. (p99)
- He played through beta version of Zelda BotW to the end in 2 days during the Smash Ultimate development because he needed to know how new Link works before anyone else. (p125)
- He thinks games should not be created based on research data alone and saying games only born to imitate other games are misfortune. Those dates should be used for marketings or managements, not to plan new games. Old data are old. (p133)
- (Speaking of Super Nintendo World) 60 billion yen is enough to make every Smash game up to Ultimate and more with couple ten billion of changes. Not many Japanese games have budgets over 10 billion yen. (p139)
- Smash Ultimate's DLC wasn't a thing at the time around Famitsu column vol. 546 January 11th 2018, and it was planned without the developers will. (p165)
- DLC developments in general take time, so by the time of the release, the market will be much smaller than it used to be. DLC business is very risky than people might think. (p165)
- They are not something sell that much so it's difficult to gather staffs. Sometimes better to move on to the next game. (p165)
- He is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents. (p165)
- Omega and battlefield for every stages take a lot more work than people might think. (p187)
- HAL Laboratory, Inc. is still on the credits list, but not involved in the development anymore. (p188)
- If you think about the completion of the development, bringing back everyone is not something you should do. (p189)
- The team was very careful of leaks at E3 2018. They didn't use printed promotional materials to avoid leaks. "Everyone is here" wasn't known even in Nintendo so the when it happened Nintendo staffs were also screaming. (p190)
- Smash tend to have characters from older series. But just old characters wouldn't make Smash worthy. If there is no new series, then the selection of the characters will be from the old series. (p199)
- People say "why they can't do this easy stuff?" but there is always a reason for that, One correction could cause another bug. (p205)
- The story idea of World of Light was already existed since Smash Brawl. (p208)
- He doesn't follow internets reaction so didn't know all the fan predictions. (p209)
- The idea of the Spirits is kind of the last resort. He is not sure he'll be making another gameplay like the Spirits. (p211)
- There was a plan to include a map like the Spirits to the Adventure Mode in Smash Melee. (p211)
- He said he took a long vacation, but actually he was just taking breaks as the calendar goes. He has a cat so he can't go for a long trip. (p214)
- By the time of the end of March 2019, the online win ratio of every character are very close to each other at the point he almost thinks better not to change anymore. (p216)
- There are metas, so just certain characters were strong at that time is not good enough reason to make them change. (p216)
Interesting stuff, didn't realize Sakurai wrote a book untill now.

Really sounds like he doesn't want to do another fighter pass or extra DLC after the first wave.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
- He thinks games should not be created based on research data alone and saying games only born to imitate other games are misfortune. Those dates should be used for marketings or managements, not to plan new games. Old data are old. (p133)
This is an interesting bit

- Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected.
So some characters did get rejected. I wonder who those could have been.....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Vergeben's claims for Erdrick are falling apart at the seams and Hitagi is desperately trying to stay relevant. Vergeben's very own logic of "They can make Erdrick a big deal at E3" flies directly in the face of "Nintendo rearranged the entire DLC schedule just to avoid showing him off at the Game Awards". Why couldn't they just show Erdrick off at the Game Awards and make him a big deal then?
This just reeks of bull-crap and I'm 99% sure the community is going to get Grinch'd on Erdrick
This is my issue with this statement.

Wouldn’t it make sense to move around Erdrick and Joker if:

1) DQ had no presence or business whatsoever at VGA, meanwhile P5 was nominated (and won, I think?) JRPG of the year.

2) DQ WILL have presence at E3, and it’s been confirmed that there will be some announcements and more info in general.
Meanwhile P5, to my knowledge, isn’t making any sort of appearance at E3 that I know of. (Not to mention if it did, the timing would be.. not bad, but awkward ).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Smash tend to have characters from older series. But just old characters wouldn't make Smash worthy. If there is no new series, then the selection of the characters will be from the old series. (p199)
Curious.

So newer characters from games take priority in terms of Smash worthiness. I suppose this applies to "New Money" types of characters like say, 2B or Joker, who've gained far more popularity than their predecessors.

Or perhaps it's a Splatoon vs Golden Sun type of situation. New Series prioritized over the old series.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What idiots don't want their character in Smash? Sure I don't know the legal work that goes on behind the scenes, but it seems entirely foolish not to take that offer.

Also it so cathartic to hear that Snake topped the ballot.
I suppose it may depend on if said parent company preferred to have a different character be prioritised rather than whatever one Sakurai wanted to go with and thus neither party could come to an agreement.

I don't want to put any examples down but I'm sure you can think of a few...

That's just my speculation on that...

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
- He thinks games should not be created based on researched data alone and saying games only born to imitate other games are misfortune. Those data should be used for marketings or managements, not to plan new games. Old data are old. (p133)
That ballot quote made me realize that recent 5ch rumor had the supposed ballot results and Snake was in the top 3. Oh boy if that rumor ends up being true.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Interesting stuff, didn't realize Sakurai wrote a book untill now.

Really sounds like he doesn't want to do another fighter pass or extra DLC after the first wave.
It's a collection of old Famitsu columns with a lot of notes, comments, and reviews added by Sakurai when he was working with Joker.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's a collection of old Famitsu columns with a lot of notes, comments, and reviews added by Sakurai when he was working with Joker.
Well he sure had a **** load of things to talk about...respect to the Sakurai

D

Deleted member

What idiots don't want their character in Smash? Sure I don't know the legal work that goes on behind the scenes, but it seems entirely foolish not to take that offer.

I suppose it may depend on if said parent company prefers to be represented with a different character rather than whatever one Sakurai wanted to go with and thus neither party could come to an agreement.

I don't want to put any examples but I'm sure you can think of a few...

That's just my speculation on that...
I'm only theorizing, but considering Smash 4 was released around the time of MGS V's development, this would also be around the time Kojima was departing from Konami (though I believe an official announcement was made months after Smash 4 was released). It could be that the relationship between the 2 turning sour complicated talks about bringing Snake back as DLC which ultimately fell through between Nintendo and Konami at the time.

That's only a theory though. For all we know, Konami could've asked for too much money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm only theorizing, but considering Smash 4 was released around the time of MGS V's development, this would also be around the time Kojima was departing from Konami (though I believe an official announcement was made months after Smash 4 was released). It could be that the relationship between the 2 turning sour complicated talks about bringing Snake back as DLC which ultimately fell through between Nintendo and Konami at the time.

That's only a theory though. For all we know, Konami could've asked for too much money.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the whole thing with Konami.

After how generous they have been with their franchises in Smash Ultimate, It's kind of easy to forget that they had this whole controversy with Kojima just few years prior....

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

After how generous they have been with their franchises in Smash Ultimate, It's kind of easy to forget that they had this whole controversy with Kojima just few years prior....
I wish it was easy to forget

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Learning there won't be another ballot is the worst news I've had all week.

A lot of these findings are huge. In particular, his thoughts on the risks and viability of DLC, the old vs. new statement, and the fact that he tried to negotiate Snake and failed (therefore meaning Reggie's comment about Sakurai never getting rejected was false). We could really use a full translation of the book, this provides some game changing insight on speculation.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One idea I've always been fond of is a Smash contest instead of a ballot, seeing high effort submissions for their characters get put in and unique interesting ideas get chosen, if not the most popular picks.

I think at least that would decrease the amount of bot spam these types of ballots inevitably bring.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

A lot of these findings are huge. In particular, his thoughts on the risks and viability of DLC, the old vs. new statement, and the fact that he tried to negotiate Snake and failed (therefore meaning Reggie's comment about Sakurai never getting rejected was false). We could really use a full translation of the book, this provides some game changing insight on speculation.
Before Smash 4 released, Kojima literally said on a podcast(or something like that) that he hopes Sakurai puts Snake back in. It looks like he tried but failed, though we don't know if he only tried during base, during DLC, or both.

I also am wondering the context of Reggie's statement here. Was he referring to any specific game development, or just in general? Only other possibility is it's something he didn't know, but I highly doubt that one.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I mean, I still view Konami lending Metal Gear and Castlevania as them basically whoring out their IPs to make money. The main reason why Snake, Simon and Richter have so many diverse color schemes while Pac-Man, Cloud and Sonic are stuck with gloves and shades of blues is because Konami don't really care about how Nintendo treats their characters so long as they get paid. (I have similar hangups about Capcom putting Mega Man in 4, but they've been redeeming themselves recently.)

It's rather ironic how the most disregarded 3rd-party franchises have been given the most love in Smash.

EDIT: Forgot about Bayonetta and Joker. There it seems to be a happy medium between creative control and corporate needs.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Before Smash 4 released, Kojima literally said on a podcast(or something like that) that he hopes Sakurai puts Snake back in. It looks like he tried but failed, though we don't know if he only tried during base, during DLC, or both.

I also am wondering the context of Reggie's statement here. Was he referring to any specific game development, or just in general? Only other possibility is it's something he didn't know, but I highly doubt that one.
Reggie was talking about Smash in general. He did add something in the vein of 'to my knowledge', so it's possible he didn't know.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

I mean Square Enix seemed pretty headstrong regarding Cloud in the base game and Final Fantasy stuff in general but that could just be because of Dissidia

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Reggie was talking about Smash in general. He did add something in the vein of 'to my knowledge', so it's possible he didn't know.
Wasn't he heavily involved talking about Smash 4? I know he was heavily involved in Ultimate.

But yeah, I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt in these cases.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I mean, I still view Konami lending Metal Gear and Castlevania as them basically whoring out their IPs to make money. The main reason why Snake, Simon and Richter have so many diverse color schemes while Pac-Man, Cloud and Sonic are stuck with gloves and shades of blues is because Konami don't really care about how Nintendo treats their characters so long as they get paid. (I have similar hangups about Capcom putting Mega Man in 4, but they've been redeeming themselves recently.)

It's rather ironic how the most disregarded 3rd-party franchises have been given the most love in Smash.

EDIT: Forgot about Bayonetta and Joker. There it seems to be a happy medium between creative control and corporate needs.
To be fair, Didn't Snake also had a diverse colour scheme selection back in Brawl?

At least I recall Sakurai bragging about Snake's camo alts back in the Brawl dojo...

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected. (p63)

Well, at least that explains why Bayonetta won. I feel like Snake and co. simply couldn't be negotiated in time, rather than being rejected. Otherwise, how come did he later on appear in Ultimate?

Perhaps that may be why Sakurai was always going for big names as he explained with Cloud. A way to make sure characters sell.

I can't help but feel like this echoes with what PolarPanda said about Isaac not being in the game.]

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

Maybe my translation issue here but It's not Snake or the other cutted veterans that were rejected. Other unknown character(s) was/were earned more votes than Bayo but Sakurai couldn't get them. Thus Bayo was the top pick among realizable characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Maybe my translation issue here but It's not Snake or the other cutted veterans that were rejected. Other unknown character(s) was/were earned more votes than Bayo but Sakurai couldn't get them. Thus Bayo was the top pick among realizable characters.
Oh, okay, I understood Snake was mentioned. So now we have a mystery on our hands...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Perhaps that's why some particular popular ballot choices like Geno were rejected. Square Enix didn't see the value in promoting the character from a franchise that wouldn't get continued.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One idea I've always been fond of is a Smash contest instead of a ballot, seeing high effort submissions for their characters get put in and unique interesting ideas get chosen, if not the most popular picks.

I think at least that would decrease the amount of bot spam these types of ballots inevitably bring.
That'd be sick. Though since Smash has a lot of younger fans, maybe an age limit would have to be put in place or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom