• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ubisoft owns Brawhalla, so unless they signed an exclusivity contract with themselves, Rayman is fair game for Smash.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether spirits are consolation prizes or he can still get in regardless of it.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Ubisoft owns Brawhalla, so unless they signed an exclusivity contract with themselves, Rayman is fair game for Smash.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether spirits are consolation prizes or he can still get in regardless of it.
Exactly.

And I'm sure the terms for having him brawlhalla aren't "yo we're not allowed to say that Rayman won't be playable in smash we need to ignore all smash related questions".

They can easily say "we have nothing to announce about Rayman being in smash" without breaking any nda's, just like they do when people ask for Rayman 4

Am I saying he's confirmed cause ubisoft is silent? No. Neither Banjo or Rayman are confirmed just cause of their company's silence, but it still raises some eyebrows and is something to consider, in my eyes at least

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really did take it as something that is NDA breaking. But then again I have no idea how restrictive NDAs are. It really sounded like a "No it's not happening" answer to me when companies like Rare and Ubisoft suddenly stop showing any sort of Smash support outside of already confirmed news like Rabbid spirits and King K. Rool getting into Smash.
It'd be the same thing with the tweet about Master Chief. This pretty much is just saying Microsoft isn't getting DLC at best, since they wouldn't be able to answer otherwise, especially like that. NDA's generally have a "no comment" clause. "Ask Nintendo" is not a normal thing. The only other possibility is the NDA is basically saying "must deny it no matter what", which applies to any company Microsoft owns realistically. Two companies saying the same thing that are owned by Microsoft is no coincidence here. It's a strange NDA, or there's no Microsoft content coming. There's no good explanations otherwise, since obviously companies can't just let loose secrets like that under an NDA as is.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It'd be the same thing with the tweet about Master Chief. This pretty much is just saying Microsoft isn't getting DLC at best, since they wouldn't be able to answer otherwise, especially like that. NDA's generally have a "no comment" clause. "Ask Nintendo" is not a normal thing. The only other possibility is the NDA is basically saying "must deny it no matter what", which applies to any company Microsoft owns realistically. Two companies saying the same thing that are owned by Microsoft is no coincidence here. It's a strange NDA, or there's no Microsoft content coming. There's no good explanations otherwise, since obviously companies can't just let loose secrets like that under an NDA as is.
Then that just leaves out Rare who has been refusing to say anything Smash related since King K. Rool was announced. Which makes them the odd one out and makes it even more suspicious.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then that just leaves out Rare who has been refusing to say anything Smash related since King K. Rool was announced. Which makes them the odd one out and makes it even more suspicious.
They don't own King K. Rool either, so there's little reason to comment. It also might be the only one properly trying to follow an NDA, or them just being silent for fun. They aren't exactly the most active twitter and rarely comment on their actual older Nintendo-related properties too. Also, wasn't it mainly Phil Spencer that commented on Smash stuff, but not Rareware? It honestly sounds like they just aren't interested in making Smash-related comments, not unlike before. I doubt it means anything, honestly.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
They don't own King K. Rool either, so there's little reason to comment. It also might be the only one properly trying to follow an NDA, or them just being silent for fun. They aren't exactly the most active twitter and rarely comment on their actual older Nintendo-related properties too. Also, wasn't it mainly Phil Spencer that commented on Smash stuff, but not Rareware? It honestly sounds like they just aren't interested in making Smash-related comments, not unlike before. I doubt it means anything, honestly.
If only I can do a search on tweets. But I swear they at least were a bit active in showing support for their characters being in Smash. Phil Spencer was for sure. And he stopped responding to any tweets about Smash as well.

Since we have already had two of the bigger Microsoft companies say stuff along the lines of "not happening" with their characters. It's strange that Rare isn't one of them yet. It wouldn't be as strange if those Rare spirit placeholders weren't in the game files.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If only I can do a search on tweets. But I swear they at least were a bit active in showing support for their characters being in Smash. Phil Spencer was for sure. And he stopped responding to any tweets about Smash as well.

Since we have already had two of the bigger Microsoft companies say stuff along the lines of "not happening" with their characters. It's strange that Rare isn't one of them yet. It wouldn't be as strange if those Rare spirit placeholders weren't in the game files.
Those were a different situation. Nintendo owns the rights to the names of the Rareware games via their Japanese names. They thought it meant you could actually have the Rareware content in due to that. But that's not what it was. So basically it was a development error instead. There's no reason for them to comment on it, since it's something that Sakurai nor Nintendo will. They don't actually own the Japanese names, which is the specific missing content in question. It's not theirs to comment on, if you will.

Even then, there doesn't seem to be a case where Rareware ever commented on anything Smash. Phil is his own thing. The NDA factor is really strange if somehow two companies owned by MS can make comments that they shouldn't be allowed to. Phil nor Microsoft making a comment isn't even that strange. They're not obliged to do anything. A lack of a comment is not denying either. It's not really suspicious either. A lack of a comment is not saying something is up. It just means that nothing is being said and there's no real information to go to. A better way to think of it is the fact we had no information on some AT's for a long time before they finally got shown. In other words, think of it as "there's nothing really to suggest anything is going on. No use trying to find what's not there." That doesn't mean nothing can happen, but we got burned by these conspiracy theories before. Best to be cautious to avoid being burned again. Plus, it'll be more surprising if you don't expect anything, right?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Those were a different situation. Nintendo owns the rights to the names of the Rareware games via their Japanese names. They thought it meant you could actually have the Rareware content in due to that. But that's not what it was. So basically it was a development error instead. There's no reason for them to comment on it, since it's something that Sakurai nor Nintendo will. They don't actually own the Japanese names, which is the specific missing content in question. It's not theirs to comment on, if you will.
Is there any proof that this was the exact cause or is this just speculation? Because if that were the case then wouldn't the Rare games be in Japanese and not English?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is there any proof that this was the exact cause or is this just speculation? Because if that were the case then wouldn't the Rare games be in Japanese and not English?
All data was in their English names. This is why the spirits are gone and the names are inaccessible without hacking. They basically never show up. They might actually own the English names alone too, but do keep in mind a ton of Rareware games were re-licensed and listed under Nintendo's UK website, which includes the English names as well. Meaning the names alone aren't illegal for Nintendo to use, just the full out content(since they don't own any rights to that alone). Though as I said, nobody can properly view these names, so they don't show up otherwise. This explains why it has nothing beyond the names too, because that's all Nintendo has the rights to overall. This doesn't necessarily mean the cut content was due to a fallout either with Microsoft(though if that's the case, that'd explain entirely why Rareware and Microsoft are keeping quiet. That's company secrets they can't speak of for a long time).

Lucas Harder

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I decided that since we are most likely getting a Direct this week, I decided that it is time to speculate what the DLC characters will be for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!!! When predicting these characters, I thought that it is OK for me to go off the wall with these predictions, seeing how we got Piranha Plant and Joker from Persona 5 coming in to the game. Furthermore, Reggie Fils-Aime talked at The Game Awards about who to expect out of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC packs, and he stated that the final characters will be outlandish and characters no one will anticipate being in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. With that mindset, I have decided to only include third-party characters, as I feel that will be the direction Nintendo will take with the DLC. Anyways, with that out of the way, let's start my predictions!!!

1: Banjo & Kazooie - I think it is likely we will see Banjo & Kazooie for one of these DLC Fighter Packs. Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, has gone on record saying he would love to see Banjo & Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. way back in the Smash 4 days. On top of that, Banjo & Kazooie have been highly requested characters for such a long time and people have wanted them to reappear again in some way, shape or form, and what better way to have them reappear in the spotlight then include them in one of gaming's biggest crossover series of all time! Some people say Banjo will not happen because they come from a "rival company" to Nintendo, but in my eyes, their anything but that. Nintendo and Microsoft have been buddy-buddy these recent years with their crossplay promotions, and seeing how their are Rareware spirits in the datamine of the game, it tells me that Ultimate will be Banjo & Kazooie's time to shine. I personally would love to see Banjo & Kazooie appear in Smash because I love the games, but only time will tell.

2: Sora - I know what people are gonna say, "Sora is a Disney character, so he will never get in lol"., and to that I say, you're wrong. Just because he is partially owned by Disney, does not mean he can't be in. A lot of people say Disney would be very hard to work with, however that is far from the case. SEGA was able to work with Disney to get Wreck-It Ralph in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Even Epic Games of all companies were able to work with Disney to get Wreck-It Ralph in Fortnite. If SEGA and Epic Games are able to work with Disney, then I am positive Nintendo can too. And besides, Disney already said they are fine with Sora being in Smash, and Nintendo and Disney already have a solid relationship. And after the whole "Brave" datamine that happened about a week ago, it makes me believe that Sora is coming to the game. Sora is one of my most wanted characters to be in Smash and if he did get in Smash, the internet will break in half, and Nintendo will make a lot of money off of Sora's inclusion.

3: Doom Slayer - This one might be a tad out their, but I think its very possible and likely. Doom has been getting a lot of love on the Switch with Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal on the Switch. Adding Doom Slayer in to the game would be great promotion for these upcoming games. Doom is also (I believe) the start of the first-person shooter genre, making its debut way back in the SNES days. Since Doom, first-person shooters have been one of the biggest genres of games out their and including a character that basically started the genre would be neat. However, their is one problem with including him and that is of how violent he is. He comes from a game where he can rip character's heads apart and slaughter them. However, I personally feel they could implement him in Smash without making him violent. Other then that, I think Doom Slayer could be very likely in the Fighter Pass of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

4: Sans - OK, I know some of you are face-palming yourselves right now, but hear me out. Sans comes from one of the biggest Indie titles of this generation, and has been a huge success. Undertale was at its high time back in 2015, and since the sequel to Undertale, Deltarune, just came out not too long ago, I think they could promote that game by including Sans from Undertale in Smash. It isn't too far out of the realm of possibility, as even Sakurai is a fan of Undertale, and the game was ported to the Nintendo Switch a few months ago. I know many people consider Sans as a meme character, but he unironically has a chance. Some people might say Frisk should be the Undertale rep if they were to get a rep in Smash, but Sans is like the face of Undertale, and he is one of the first characters that comes to mind when thinking about the game (at least for me he is). Anyways, I could very well see Sans fitting as a character in Smash and I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up happening.

So anyways, those are my predictions for the DLC Fighter Pass in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Tell me in the comments down below what your predictions are for the upcoming DLC Fighters as I would love to hear it! Anyways, see you all later :D

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
1: Banjo & Kazooie - I think it is likely we will see Banjo & Kazooie for one of these DLC Fighter Packs. Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, has gone on record saying he would love to see Banjo & Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. way back in the Smash 4 days. On top of that, Banjo & Kazooie have been highly requested characters for such a long time and people have wanted them to reappear again in some way, shape or form, and what better way to have them reappear in the spotlight then include them in one of gaming's biggest crossover series of all time! Some people say Banjo will not happen because they come from a "rival company" to Nintendo, but in my eyes, their anything but that. Nintendo and Microsoft have been buddy-buddy these recent years with their crossplay promotions, and seeing how their are Rareware spirits in the datamine of the game, it tells me that Ultimate will be Banjo & Kazooie's time to shine. I personally would love to see Banjo & Kazooie appear in Smash because I love the games, but only time will tell.
I think Banjo is actually likely but not because of the Rareware spirits, that was just a honest mistake by the devs.

2: Sora - I know what people are gonna say, "Sora is a Disney character, so he will never get in lol"., and to that I say, you're wrong. Just because he is partially owned by Disney, does not mean he can't be in. A lot of people say Disney would be very hard to work with, however that is far from the case. SEGA was able to work with Disney to get Wreck-It Ralph in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Even Epic Games of all companies were able to work with Disney to get Wreck-It Ralph in Fortnite. If SEGA and Epic Games are able to work with Disney, then I am positive Nintendo can too. And besides, Disney already said they are fine with Sora being in Smash, and Nintendo and Disney already have a solid relationship. And after the whole "Brave" datamine that happened about a week ago, it makes me believe that Sora is coming to the game. Sora is one of my most wanted characters to be in Smash and if he did get in Smash, the internet will break in half, and Nintendo will make a lot of money off of Sora's inclusion.
I'm about 50/50 on Sora having a shot, but leaning towards no. Not because of any of the Disney nonsense, they clearly are fine with putting their characters other places, but because he just doesn't have a huge presence on Nintendo. I know Kingdom Hearts has had a few games on Nintendo but none of the mainline games and I don't see why Nintendo would care about trying to promote a game that won't be coming to their systems.

3: Doom Slayer - This one might be a tad out their, but I think its very possible and likely. Doom has been getting a lot of love on the Switch with Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal on the Switch. Adding Doom Slayer in to the game would be great promotion for these upcoming games. Doom is also (I believe) the start of the first-person shooter genre, making its debut way back in the SNES days. Since Doom, first-person shooters have been one of the biggest genres of games out their and including a character that basically started the genre would be neat. However, their is one problem with including him and that is of how violent he is. He comes from a game where he can rip character's heads apart and slaughter them. However, I personally feel they could implement him in Smash without making him violent. Other then that, I think Doom Slayer could be very likely in the Fighter Pass of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I don't have any problems with Doom Slayer, he seems like he could be a decently likely pick and I'm sure they can tone down the brutality of him. Not to mention it seems ID is very interested in making sure Doom can run on the Switch so there is a chance Nintendo is looking to work with a company like that.

4: Sans - OK, I know some of you are face-palming yourselves right now, but hear me out. Sans comes from one of the biggest Indie titles of this generation, and has been a huge success. Undertale was at its high time back in 2015, and since the sequel to Undertale, Deltarune, just came out not too long ago, I think they could promote that game by including Sans from Undertale in Smash. It isn't too far out of the realm of possibility, as even Sakurai is a fan of Undertale, and the game was ported to the Nintendo Switch a few months ago. I know many people consider Sans as a meme character, but he unironically has a chance. Some people might say Frisk should be the Undertale rep if they were to get a rep in Smash, but Sans is like the face of Undertale, and he is one of the first characters that comes to mind when thinking about the game (at least for me he is). Anyways, I could very well see Sans fitting as a character in Smash and I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up happening.
Deltarune isn't out, just that one chapter demo thing. And even if Undertale sold well for an indie title it still is an indie title which means they have so much going against them. If Shovel Knight didn't get past Assist Trophy then we are 100% not getting an indie rep DLC character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

dezeray112

Smash Hero
According to the latest translations from Sakurai's interview segment with Nintendo Dream, Decidueye nearly made it in Smash but lost out to Inceniroar:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...arly-featured-decidueye-instead-of-incineroar

There are other interesting tidbits within the interview which the lack of ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters, how the influence of popular picks from Smash Ballot from Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool etc made it into ultimate plus a small segment about a playable Piranha Plant.

It makes me wonder which other characters were considered for Ultimate, but were cut in the end.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doom Guy (or slayer) makes more sense for the new Mortal Kombat. I don't think it would work well for smash.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It makes me wonder which other characters were considered for Ultimate, but were cut in the end.
Considering Rathalos' presence in this game I feel Monster Hunter was definitely considered. It wouldn't surprise me.

I also feel maybe said Rhythm Heaven rep as well since that was intended for Sm4sh.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Doom Guy (or slayer) makes more sense for the new Mortal Kombat. I don't think it would work well for smash.
Idk I popped into the Doom Guy thread a while ago and they all think that he really wouldn't be a good fit for Mortal Kombat. Aside from the gore Doom is about fast-paced, high energy rush through with a variety of weapons and none of that would translate correctly into Mortal Kombat, while in Smash the only thing that doesn't work is the gore.

I'm probably not explaining it right, maybe one of them will come here and explain it.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Considering Rathalos' presence in this game I feel Monster Hunter was definitely considered. It wouldn't surprise me.

I also feel maybe said Rhythm Heaven rep as well since that was intended for Sm4sh.
It is kinda weird how out of the Pokemon-outnumbering assist trophies, there wasn't a Rhythm Heaven one. There's just one more music track than last time and a surprisingly high amount of spirits for RH representation like assist trophies can have. Hmmmm....

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Idk I popped into the Doom Guy thread a while ago and they all think that he really wouldn't be a good fit for Mortal Kombat. Aside from the gore Doom is about fast-paced, high energy rush through with a variety of weapons and none of that would translate correctly into Mortal Kombat, while in Smash the only thing that doesn't work is the gore.

I'm probably not explaining it right, maybe one of them will come here and explain it.
Even if Bayonetta has guns and is a mature rating, I don't feel like it's the same level as doom, and I don't think smash is appropriate for doom guy.
As for the fast-pace action, that's one point for it, but it's also about guns. Look how guns behave in smash and they're nothing like in a fast-pace shooter, and in fact are quite slow. Not that they couldn't make the character more melee based, but I don't think that's great to rep the series.

To me it really seems like an odd fit, and while I can see a few people enjoying fighting mario with doomguy, I don't think that's a good match, and I would think there's plenty of other people who won't like him in smash.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Even if Bayonetta has guns and is a mature rating, I don't feel like it's the same level as doom, and I don't think smash is appropriate for doom guy.
As for the fast-pace action, that's one point for it, but it's also about guns. Look how guns behave in smash and they're nothing like in a fast-pace shooter, and in fact are quite slow. Not that they couldn't make the character more melee based, but I don't think that's great to rep the series.

To me it really seems like an odd fit, and while I can see a few people enjoying fighting mario with doomguy, I don't think that's a good match, and I would think there's plenty of other people who won't like him in smash.
I'll admit that my exposure to Doomguy is pretty small having only played a couple of hours of the new Doom, I get what they are saying. Yeah the guns and the violence are there but the thing that I remember the most is how fast-paced everything was, shoot a guy then bash his face in, shoot another guy and then jump over him and bash his friend's face in. I probably killed as many demons with my fists as I did with my guns. I could see Doomguy in Smash, even if he isn't one of my most wanteds.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll admit that my exposure to Doomguy is pretty small having only played a couple of hours of the new Doom, I get what they are saying. Yeah the guns and the violence are there but the thing that I remember the most is how fast-paced everything was, shoot a guy then bash his face in, shoot another guy and then jump over him and bash his friend's face in. I probably killed as many demons with my fists as I did with my guns. I could see Doomguy in Smash, even if he isn't one of my most wanteds.
It's just not a good environment for him. He bashes skulls and guts in, while in smash characters dont even come close to anything like that, and winning is about getting someone off the stages. That's my opinion, and it's fine if some people want him in, but I dont think it's appropriate, both for the character as well as smash.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think we have a lot of characters in Smash to play completely differently then how they are portrayed in their games. Duck Hunt is a duo of a Duck and Dog that hated each other and Ice Climbers did nothing but jump for example.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think we have a lot of characters in Smash to play completely differently then how they are portrayed in their games. Duck Hunt is a duo of a Duck and Dog that hated each other and Ice Climbers did nothing but jump for example.
Nana is also supposed to be Popo's rival in 2P games, not his AI partner.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For reference, Bayonetta puts her enemies on sexually themed BDSM machines and tortures them to death.

At least doomguy's got the courtesy of killing them quickly, yeesh.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
All I'll say more for now is I think the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Bayo is like pushing right on it. Doomguy is crossing it.
I think it's fine to have violent games. Smash has its thing going tho.

ccllr

Smash Cadet
Hi. I just registered here to say that I hope the next DLC character reveal happens soon so we all can end this fake leaks BS. It's almost like everyone who did believe the Grinch Leak with their eyes closed completely forgot what happened. Please, I can not stand with this stuff anymore.

I also enjoy reading you guys in my office. I might post here quite often.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Doomguy WAS in the PC version of one of the Tony Hawk games, so it's not like he hasn't been in weird, more G-rated places.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers did nothing but jump for example.
The Ice Climbers also had hammers which were used to break platforms and hit enemies. They did more than just jump.

But yeah, Smash breaks a few norms in terms of representation, though such liberties should usually be taken out of necessity rather than on a whim.

----

With Doomguy, I don't think it's enough just to compare him to Bayo. Some people disagreed with Bayo's mature themes, so I wouldn't use that as a way to "lower the bar" for others, so to speak.

----

Also, I'm way more excited to see the non-Smash stuff in the next Direct than I am to see another DLC character, given what we've seen so far.

Speculation for DLC's been so stale that I've been posting more on hypothetical Smash 6 stuff than the Fighter Pass.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
With Doomguy, I don't think it's enough just to compare him to Bayo. Some people disagreed with Bayo's mature themes, so I wouldn't use that as a way to "lower the bar" for others, so to speak.
As far as I know Bayonetta is rated M for sexual themes, while Doom is rated M for gore, so I agree.

I also disagree with the notion that Doom Guy is too violent for smash. In fact, we already have a character designed with brutality in mind (Ridley). The gore isn't even all that necessary, just make sure all of his melee attacks look like the really hurt and he'll feel pretty close to how he is in the Doom reboot. The only thing that could hold him back is the realistic guns, but even this could be gotten rid of by redesigning the guns or exclusively using any futuristic guns from Doom or the upcoming Doom Eternal. Given Doom's rule of cool atmosphere I don't think it would be unfaithful to the character if they made up a gun specifically for his Smash appearance so long as it looks cool.

Other minor problems would be that the stage and music could have some odd tonal dissonance, especially if the competitors are the Ice Climbers and Isabelle.

D

Deleted member

While I'm not too fond of Doomguy for Smash. I have to agree that Doomguy isn't as violent and gory as people make him be.

Doom is a violent franchise obvioulsy, the whole eviscerating comes more from Doom 4 (aka 2016) and the Brutal Doom mod for the original. Bayo in her game while not to the levels of gore as these versions of Doom, the torture methods that she uses to execute a lot of the enemies in Bayo can be argued to be more violent from as these involve stuff used to actually torture and kill people in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ornl

Smash Ace

Thanks for sharing
1 Banjo : created by Rare... like K. Rool. The license is interrupted (does not need a promo).
2 Sora : does not need a promo, does not have or created an orginal concept (criterion that eliminated Isaac).
3 Marine : Japan is not a fan of FPS, nor American games. After, it remains possible...
4 Sans : Shovel Knight is an indie Assist Trophy, but Sans would be a fighting character ?
Sorry for this quick unbuild.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Hello everyone! I decided that since we are most likely getting a Direct this week, I decided that it is time to speculate what the DLC characters will be for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!!! When predicting these characters, I thought that it is OK for me to go off the wall with these predictions, seeing how we got Piranha Plant and Joker from Persona 5 coming in to the game. Furthermore, Reggie Fils-Aime talked at The Game Awards about who to expect out of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC packs, and he stated that the final characters will be outlandish and characters no one will anticipate being in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. With that mindset, I have decided to only include third-party characters, as I feel that will be the direction Nintendo will take with the DLC. Anyways, with that out of the way, let's start my predictions!!!

So anyways, those are my predictions for the DLC Fighter Pass in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Tell me in the comments down below what your predictions are for the upcoming DLC Fighters as I would love to hear it! Anyways, see you all later :D
I don't think we're getting that direct as soon as people think but my predictions go like this:

1. Erdrick. Honestly, I believe he is "Brave". Although there are many more hype characters that could fit this code, the datamined stats fit him best. Sure, plants stats have changed drastically, but that's a character with barely any reference material, so Sakurai can be changing his playstyle during developement.

2. Sylux. Here are the facts: Gandrayda, Trace and Kanden all have spirits. Samus has a Kanden-alt and Dark Samus has a Trace-alt. The hunters are suddenly getting attention, but the most important of the hunters, Sylux, is nowhere to be found.
On top op that, Sylux is bound to play an important role in Metroid Prime 4. I base this off his appearence in the "post-credits" (haha Marvel) in both Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid Prime Federation Force (even though I've never heard of that game before) and off An interview with Prime's developer from many many years ago where het flat out said "If I ever make an MP4, I want to explore the relation between Samus and Sylux."
Not only does this proof his potential as a promotional character, it mainly solidifies his position as "The most important Hunter", making it all the more curious that three other hunters were repped, in multiple ways, over him.
Only thing hurting his chances is that he wouldn't be "Left-field".

3. Porky. All Subspace bosses have spirits. Porky does not. On top of that, 2019 is Mothers 30th aniversary. Need I say more?

4. Doomslayer. First of all, I just want to say that Sakurai is a genius who can make anything work. So on top the why. Doomslayer has been prevelen in many leaks (which doesn't mean anything other than that he's probably on Sakurais radar somewhere). Many people have made arguments about his historical importance and his apperent popularity in Japan, to which I have little to add. However, I am going to make two statements to which I lost my sources so please don't quote me on this. Firstly, I recall Sakurai saying in an interview that he really enjoyed playing Doom. The only other game je specifically said that about was Persona 5 and, well... The second one was the reaction of Dooms developer when asked about Doomslayer in smash, which was vague, in no way even slightly Confirming or disconfirming, but very enthousiastic.
Personally, I don't like FPS games or Dooms aestetics, do I hope he doesn't het in, but I expect him to and I would definitely respect his inclusion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm about 50/50 on Sora having a shot, but leaning towards no. Not because of any of the Disney nonsense, they clearly are fine with putting their characters other places, but because he just doesn't have a huge presence on Nintendo. I know Kingdom Hearts has had a few games on Nintendo but none of the mainline games and I don't see why Nintendo would care about trying to promote a game that won't be coming to their systems.
Joker says hi.

ZephZag

Smash Rookie
I think my profile pic speaks for itself, I really want Shy Guy for DLC in smash. He could have an interesting moveset cos of all the different types of Shy Guy in previous Mario/Yoshi games, he could be a second Yoshi rep and it could tie in with the release of Yoshi's crafted world which comes out in March, if they announce Shy Guy in March it would work perfectly. Plus, the stage could be from Crafted World with interesting stage flip mechanics and could include new songs from Crafted World too. Makes sense to me to put him in, don't know about you guys.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Joker says hi.
But with Joker we have the SMT series having a huge presence on Nintendo with Atlus even getting to make a SMTxFE crossover, which was basically a Persona game in how it played. Not to mention the rumors that Persona 5 is coming to Switch which if true was probably a factor in getting Joker in.

With Sora you have a few spin-off games that are on Nintendo, but the main series is no where to be seen with the developer previously saying he wasn't going to do a Switch port (though I think more recently he's changed to, we'll see once it is out.)

It's not to say Sora has no history with Nintendo, but its not great and with his new game going to everyone but Nintendo I just find it hard to believe that the Nintendo execs. would be super excited to include him over some other options.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
But with Joker we have the SMT series having a huge presence on Nintendo with Atlus even getting to make a SMTxFE crossover, which was basically a Persona game in how it played. Not to mention the rumors that Persona 5 is coming to Switch which if true was probably a factor in getting Joker in.

With Sora you have a few spin-off games that are on Nintendo, but the main series is no where to be seen with the developer previously saying he wasn't going to do a Switch port (though I think more recently he's changed to, we'll see once it is out.)

It's not to say Sora has no history with Nintendo, but its not great and with his new game going to everyone but Nintendo I just find it hard to believe that the Nintendo execs. would be super excited to include him over some other options.
If you think the KH games on Nintendo consoles aren’t mainline titles I’m sorry to say you haven’t played Kingdom Hearts.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
If you think the KH games on Nintendo consoles aren’t mainline titles I’m sorry to say you haven’t played Kingdom Hearts.
I have and while they do fit into the main storyline they aren't part of the "numbered" games and two of them don't even involve the main character of the series. In any game that wasn't Kingdom Hearts that would be considered spin-off or side game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom