• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sad most of the lose animations are just people clapping, but we'll live.

It is such a missed opportuntiy for Hero to not be in a coffin if he loses
They probably didn't do this since smash matches aren't supposed to have dire consequences. In fact I think the Ice Climbers are the only characters to have a completely negative reaction to losing. (Other characters may be a little miffed but they still clap for you.)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I wonder why Nintendo of America is so late with putting up their presentation video? Japan and the UK have there's up on Youtube already.

D

Deleted member

Also, if the direct goes our way, Doomslayer, Geno, Frogger, Ryu hayabusa, and Crash Bandicoot are locks for future dlc.
I love Sakurai and Smash bros so much.
Your way. Have fun.

Here's to buying Central Fiction for Christmas.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
I’m talking about what leakers are saying, not me.
If you're talking about that Frogger leak, idk why you're putting so much faith into it. It's a 4chan text leak that guessed a couple of easy-to-guess details. Remember that some randos have guessed plenty of things on twitter and they weren't leakers.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Can't wait for Chin from Hong Kong 97 to get added. When you pick him, that one song loops indefinitely until you turn your Switch off.

...Some of you might have realized that at this point I just wanna meme in peace until tomorrow. I'll be okay tomorrow.
Bruce Lee's cousin Chin for Mii Costume!

D

Deleted member

If you're talking about that Frogger leak, idk why you're putting so much faith into it. It's a 4chan text leak that guessed a couple of easy-to-guess details. Remember that some randos have guessed plenty of things on twitter and they weren't leakers.
Literally anything can be said on the freakinf internet.

Plank08 Plank08
Don't set your bars high or you will get thoroughly disappointed.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Can't wait for Chin from Hong Kong 97 to get added. When you pick him, that one song loops indefinitely until you turn your Switch off.

...Some of you might have realized that at this point I just wanna meme in peace until tomorrow. I'll be okay tomorrow.
If you hit him once....well, let's just say CERO won't be a fan of his lose screen.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Bruce Lee's cousin Chin for Mii Costume!
"Bruce Lee's relative is so powerful, he's the equivalent of a thousand nukes! He's going to murder the entire population of China by breaking their necks! Even when Bruce Lee had to take down 20 people, it took him a little bit of time. But now comes Chin. You don't **** with Chin."

I'm surprised there's over 100 guests when everyone is just memeing and ****posting.
I would not be surprised if all these people were here just because we're memeing and ****posting.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I dont think anyone is assuming its real at the moment. However, if their leaks about 6.0 are correct, then its time to REALLY put stock in to the frogger man.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm surprised there's over 100 guests when everyone is just memeing and ****posting.
We're funny people. Also people are probably looking for what the sages of Smash speculation have to say about the insanity of a Direct which is allegedly 45 minutes of Sakurai gushing.

D

Deleted member

We're funny people. Also people are probably looking for what the sages of Smash speculation have to say about the insanity of a Direct which is allegedly 45 minutes of Sakurai gushing.
And I'm a funny-as-disappointed 18 year old female college student who is currently geeking out alongside her favorite game developer.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
The night before Sakurai speaks, you better believe eyes are going to be pointing in places like this and the subreddit.

I wasn't really sharing it to give them a platform just to see what you guys would think. They are pretty toxic though so yeah I agree that they shouldn't really be given the time of day, but then the same applies to basically all of 4chan.
Just to clarify, I mean giving them attention in the first place which could also be what they wanted all along. I don't mind 4chan or Discord so long as what's shared can be analyzed and discussed in a meaningful way. That wasn't the case for them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder if we will hit 1000 pages before the broadcast.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I think I've settled on the cacodemon and mallow hats being real. It makes sense that they're testing for Fighter Pack 5 (meant to be released by February at the latest) now that Terry's stuff is all finalized. You wouldn't see the opposite - still testing stuff that's coming out this week as if it wasn't refined to a crystal sheen a month ago.

Still, it's not a sure shot on Doom Guy OR Geno, as much as I'd love to see those fanbases finally get to exhale.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Odds are that VR Plant leaks everything about 6.0 tonight?
idk but I hope that doesn't happen. Same for Vergeben or any other leaker. We're so close to the presentation that I think leaking that same video isn't necessary at this point.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Someone else brought it up earlier, but the leaked video appeared to be in some type of dev mode due to the paused timer.

if the video was recent and the costumes are still in development, then i dont believe theyre showing up tm.

WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT imo is if this material shows up in tomorrow's direct:

Yeah If hollow knight gets a mii costume I’m thinking Frogger has a chance.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't really see the Frogger stuff happening rn, but If it did, coupled with everything else, I'd be okay. I mean, Geno and Crash would be the two characters I really want on that batch, but I'm okay with the rest too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
giphy.gif

I ****ing love it when the smash community gets all antsy like this, it's so much fun to watch

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what to expect from this honestly. I'll just watch and then will rant on this board for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom