• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
That still doesn't scan with me.

They'd have to be pretty dumb to post something in public and not expect somebody to leak it. And before you say that it was a private server, yeah I get that, but they still said something around enough people to risk it getting out if true.
Second, and again, do they even have any credibility? Are they modders? Are these just people talking as if they made it? Or are they just calling people dumb for falling for something they think is the Grinch 2.0 and sloppy translation gives the appearance that they're claiming to be behind it?

Third point: They look mean and I can't believe that they actually have friends dab dab dab dab
To be fair I don't know the original setting of the posts, as I said in my original post about them. It could have been public, it could have been private and one of their friends sold them out, they could be lying, or taking to the furthest extreme the whole images are fake and these people don't exist. :p

It really could be any of them since I can't find a source on this and am not gonna go scanning the French side of the web over Smash Bros, which yeah makes this discord chat less believable.
This is understandable. And in the environment of speculation, misinformation will always be a thorn in the side of those who want to discuss the facts and what we do know. However, I don't think it is okay to give people a platform on this forum, be it Discord or Twitter, who do not want to share evidence to back up their claims. All this does is cause further confusion and chaos in this thread.

People posting images showing you can remodel the Miis? Sure. A random bunch of discord users that require a translation and want to hurl insults with no evidence? No.
I wasn't really sharing it to give them a platform just to see what you guys would think. They are pretty toxic though so yeah I agree that they shouldn't really be given the time of day, but then the same applies to basically all of 4chan.
Assuming the Mii hats are coming with Terry there is one thing I think a lot of people are overlooking here when it comes to Doom Guy getting in. When you have this many different characters in a game from this many companies they do have some say on what goes into the game. It could be that one of the companies, or multiple, said its either our character or Doom Guy because they don't want their character fighting Doom Guy. Nintendo said ok we will take your character but we at least want to get Doom representation in some other form; so we get the Mii hats.

It all depends on how the contracts are worked out and how much control the parent companies have over what is done with their characters in-game and how they are represented.
As someone who doesnt like seeing violent mature characters in Smash I could understand this stance.

It’s ironic considering the Grinch leak was made in France, it’s like French people have a hatred for Smash fans lol.

Another note, seeing as how that Cacodemon is close to the original design rather then the 2016 title, that actually gives me hope that Doomguy will be based his classic vibrant green look from the DS-MOS era instead of the dull gritty 2016 one.

View attachment 245345
And :ultbanjokazooie::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultken::ultsimon: are more then enough proof that classic/iconic designs take priority.
I think he'd have both his Classic and Reboot designs, with whatever isn't the default being a series of alt skins.

D

Deleted member

As someone who doesnt like seeing violent mature characters in Smash I could understand this stance.
I mean, I did my research on the entire thing. Heard that its influence caused one of the worst school shootings in history...

That's how I see it anyway...

D

Deleted member

I mean, I did my research on the entire thing. Heard that its influence caused one of the worst school shootings in history...

Video games causing violence is not a can of worms you want to unironically open, mate.

D

Deleted member

Video games causing violence is not a can of worms you want to unironically open, mate.
Oh, my bad.

Either way, I see all this as a miniscule version of what transpired during the Grinch leak. People tossing real or fake left amd right, people claiming to have evidence on both sides, etc.

I just...it's confusing me. My mind is on Team Real, considering the circumstances that they have going for it. My heart is on Team Fake because...you know.

But I sometimes just...want to forget all this. I just want to focus on Terry, how one of my newer interests is joining my favorite game franchise, and just accepting reality as a whole. I've been past the fifth stage of depression and right now I should start saving for Blazblue Central Fiction should a this be real.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It’s ironic considering the Grinch leak was made in France, it’s like French people have a hatred for Smash fans lol.

Another note, seeing as how that Cacodemon is close to the original design rather then the 2016 title, that actually gives me hope that Doomguy will be based his classic vibrant green look from the DS-MOS era instead of the dull gritty 2016 one.

And :ultbanjokazooie::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultken::ultsimon: are more then enough proof that classic/iconic designs take priority.
To be fair all of the redesigns for these characters (except Mega Man's) are considered to be awful by everyone with eyes.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

View attachment 245345
My bet would be Eternals design would be the default, while a classic doom skin (PC or N64) would be an alt

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

View attachment 245345
Funny enough that's actually his Quake III appearance.

I mean, no moreso than any other violent videogame has "inspired" violent acts. But Doom was conveniently one of the most violent pieces of media at the time and the shooters were active modders before the incident. I'm not going to get too much into that because it delves into subjects inappropriate for this forum, but I mention it as context for why some companies may be hesitant to be associated with it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, no moreso than any other violent videogame has "inspired" violent acts. But Doom was conveniently one of the most violent pieces of media at the time and the shooters were active modders before the incident. I'm not going to get too much into that because it delves into subjects inappropriate for this forum, but I mention it as context for why some companies may be hesitant to be associated with it.
Technically we would be going off topic right now, and we have a reveal tonight. Just wanted that to get off my head.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did someone come out and say they made the leak yet?

D

Deleted member

But I sometimes just...want to forget all this. I just want to focus on Terry, how one of my newer interests is joining my favorite game franchise, and just accepting reality as a whole. I've been past the fifth stage of depression and right now I should start saving for Blazblue Central Fiction should a this be real.
Here's how I see it: If you wanna focus on Terry, you should stay in his support thread and hype him there. They're just happy to see Terry and aren't too deep into the mii discussion.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not expecting it, but if we get more than just Terry I really want Boss Battles to come back in some form... We already have the Boss Rush at the end of WoL so technically it wouldn’t even be a “new” mode, right? Just give me an easier way of playing it than jumping into the old WoL save file!

D

Deleted member

Not expecting it, but if we get more than just Terry I really want Boss Battles to come back in some form... We already have the Boss Rush at the end of WoL so technically it wouldn’t even be a “new” mode, right? Just give me an easier way of playing it than jumping into the old WoL save file!
Same!!!

D

Deleted member

This is actually brilliant, I need this to happen.
And his intro could be his intro form Kof and “BEGIN” in an arcade font would appear above him
O K'HEY!!!!!!!

Sad most of the lose animations are just people clapping, but we'll live.

It is such a missed opportuntiy for Hero to not be in a coffin if he loses

Plank08

Smash Lord
O K'HEY!!!!!!!

Sad most of the lose animations are just people clapping, but we'll live.

It is such a missed opportuntiy for Hero to not be in a coffin if he loses
Yeah, now that you bring it up, a lot of Losing animations are basic. I just hope that Terry has a bunch of arcade references packed into him, like at the end of his victory animations, an arcade “CONTINUE?” could appear next to him.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, now that you bring it up, a lot of Losing animations are basic. I just hope that Terry has a bunch of arcade references packed into him, like at the end of his victory animations, an arcade “CONTINUE?” could appear next to him.
Would have appreciated that if Pac-Man lost, you just get sent back to the title screen.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Also, if the direct goes our way, Doomslayer, Geno, Frogger, Ryu hayabusa, and Crash Bandicoot are locks for future dlc.
I love Sakurai and Smash bros so much.

Nintendo watching the Internet go crazy over these developments and trying to fight the urge to leak everything themselves again

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

View attachment 245345
I think by default it would be the 2016 one, but the more classic looks would alts I imagine.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Would have appreciated that if Pac-Man lost, you just get sent back to the title screen.
Can't wait for Chin from Hong Kong 97 to get added. When you pick him, that one song loops indefinitely until you turn your Switch off.

...Some of you might have realized that at this point I just wanna meme in peace until tomorrow. I'll be okay tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom