• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's truly real then it all just depends on if they appear in Terry's presentation tomorrow that will either confirm or disconfirm Doom Guy and Geno.
Well, if it's real, I doubt they'd be revealed tommorow, because they seem to be in beta testing, judging from the fact this is allegedly playtesting footage.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
13 hours remain...

Ahhhh I forgot Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and other SF music

I would KILL for Volcanic Rim pls I need it
I would extinct several animals for Volcanic Rim and Windmill Hills!

so sabi sources haven't directly heard any talk of the mii costumes

the thick plottens
Insomuch as people who don't exist not having heard anything can constitute plot thickening...

I can't believe Dungeons and Dragons is finally getting representation in Smash, even if it is just a Mii costume!

EDIT: At least one of you lot gets it...
I got it.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I asked this last night. I have to work during the live presentation. I'd like to have the direct link to the Youtube page set up on my browser ahead of time so when I get home I don't get spoiled.

Does anyone have the link to where the presentation will be?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Realisation: The Grinch Leakers and these French Guys are the leaker equivalent of the supervillain with godlike powers robbing banks.

D

Deleted member

Oh dear Lord the time is killing me...I just want to see my boi Terry and his friends from SNK. I just wanna see if Kyo or Iori or Mai or freaking Nako made the cut at the very ****ing least.

Instead I'm about to get a lite version of the ****show that happened when I first set foot here.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Even then not really.
Terry's presentation has no bearing on the chances of either of the two. Sure if the hats appear it'll be a bit suss but why would Nintendo fork out cash to secure a deal with Bethesda just for a single Mii hat? And if they don't appear, it means nothing other than that they didn't plan on revealing them here.
Someone else brought it up earlier, but the leaked video appeared to be in some type of dev mode due to the paused timer.

if the video was recent and the costumes are still in development, then i dont believe theyre showing up tm.

WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT imo is if this material shows up in tomorrow's direct:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Unless some plans fell through with Nintendo and Bethesda, I really doubt Doom's representation will only be the Cacodemon Mii Hat

Joker got a Morgana Hat (and a Teddie Hat), and Hero got a Slime Hat. It makes sense to me if they wanted to follow this sort of "mascot headgear" thing with a Fighter they would include Cacodemon since it fits perfectly. It's also pretty left field and I doubt anyone has thought of that before.

While I'm not saying it's impossible for this to be fake, it seems pretty "realistic" to me.

D

Deleted member

Someone else brought it up earlier, but the leaked video appeared to be in some type of dev mode due to the paused timer.

if the video was recent and the costumes are still in development, then i dont believe theyre showing up tm.

Still don't believe it.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Remember even if the leak does end up being real; it doesn't mean that Geno and Doomguy will be playable. It's totally possible they end up being costumes too.
I have bad memory, but wouldn't it be LESS likely for a newcomer 3rd Party DLC character to have a Mii Costume? (Not series representation, but the actual character itself)

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
*7th Anonymous user claims they made the leak with no credibility*

WOW EHATS IT GONNA TAKE TO CONVICE SOME OF YOU THAT ITS FAKE IS THE EVIDENCE NOT ENOUGH YET

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If the leak's mii hats show up tomorrow, I'll be disappointed for 10 minutes and go back to being generally happy, and it's over.

If they don't show up, we continue arguing about it until the psycho wizard that modded it shows up with proof he made it or they're real and revealed with Fighter #5 if not #6 or both.

. . .

Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar sad1.gif

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
They aren't "stepping forward." They actively stated they want people to believe it's real, they're not "claiming to have done it" they just happened to mention it, assuming you believe them.
Is this not what you said?

Apparently there's a couple of French discord users who have claimed to have made the leak whilst also mocking Geno fans, Doomguy fans, and Americans. Even going so far to call themselves "Grinch 2."

D

Deleted member

If the leak's mii hats show up tomorrow, I'll be disappointed for 10 minutes and go back to being generally happy, and it's over.

If they don't show up, we continue arguing about it until the psycho wizard that modded it shows up with proof he made it or they're real and revealed with Fighter #5 if not #6.

. . .

View attachment 245341
If the leaked costumes do show...I don't know what to do at this point.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm still on the fence about the hats.

Either outcome has me still hating France so that much I'm certain of.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
So I can't reply to the individual posts, I'm on mobile, but I should mention that I'm not calling anyone stupid or trying to insult them. What I meant was that like the Grinch leak trying to prove it was fake was always a uphill battle that only got worse due to the rampant spread of misinformation that occurred due to all the people trying to report on the news about it and its many many layers. People also insisted that no one would go to the lengths to fake the Grinch leak or that faking it would be impossible and yeah it really feels very identical to this considering the misinformation and layers.

That said there's always the chance it's real, I just don't buy it though. That said team real or fake, neither of them really matter in the long run.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
why would Nintendo fork out cash to secure a deal with Bethesda just for a single Mii hat?
Nintendo has shown to not make any sense countless times and Banjo & Kazooie proved that Mii Costumes don't always have to relate to the same company as the character they come with.

I don't put any stock on a 4Chan Smash "leak" even if I want this leak to be real (Except for Lloyd Mii costume because that would suck for the Lloyd fans)

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Still don't believe it.
You shouldn't, perfectchaos83 perfectchaos83 already found a bunch of fake leaks containing that "slipspace" mode that was mentioned in the Frogger one so it's probably just one guy posting over and over.
Here's all the 4chan leaks with Slipspace. Coincidentally, they all started after it got datamined in Brawl.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/480211367/
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/479484329/
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/478018561/

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Is this not what you said?
"Claimed" was the wrong word on my part. I wasnt sure how to word it to imply the actual context. Given what I've seen in the images, can't read French so relying on what's been translated, the conversation happened somewhere where they thought they were private but they weren't and someone screenshotted it.

That said you could argue it was intentionally leaked by the people in the images to claim they made it without actually claiming they made it, but we can keep adding layers like that all day.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I don't put any stock on a 4Chan Smash "leak" even if I want this to be the case (Except for Lloyd Mii costume because that would suck for the Lloyd fans)
i dont put much stock in to it either. they got the date right (which many can do, i understand), but just the fact that we got these mii hat leaks right after adds some fuel to this fire.

what if everything they say about the 6.0 update is true, and we dont see mallow or cacodemon tm? That means a thiiiiiiiiicc plot

So I can't reply to the individual posts, I'm on mobile, but I should mention that I'm not calling anyone stupid or trying to insult them.
I appreciate your devils advocate outlook and did not personally feel like you were being agressive.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, my uncle Sakurai just called me and told me to tell y'all that those French dudes tricked him into thinking they owned the IPs to Doom and SMRPG, so the leak used to be real but now it's not and that's why we aren't getting a fighter tomorrow.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think that the main reason no reveal during Terry stream is the awkward schedule that means most of the world are going to watch the stream recorded instead of live...

Even if Terry turns out a very complex character I don't think he will need more than 5 minutes of what hero needed... Unless there is ****tons of snk content a la Castlevania...

Personally I think we may get a fairly big balance patch and samurai might explain some of the decisions a little. There is also the chance of various other series joining in with music from Mii costumes, and although I would love a new mode I feel it unlikely

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Regarding everyone trying to take credit for the hat leak- I dont believe that the hat leak is legit, but that at least has video "evidence". WHY would I believe some rando french bozos that just waddled on to the intetnet and went "oui we made ze leak hon hon" with no proof that they did so?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Regarding everyone trying to take credit for the hat leak- I dont believe that the hat leak is legit, but that at least has video "evidence". WHY would I believe some rando french bozos that just waddled on to the intetnet and went "oui we made ze leak hon hon" with no proof that they did so?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
"Claimed" was the wrong word on my part. I wasnt sure how to word it to imply the actual context. Given what I've seen in the images, can't read French so relying on what's been translated, the conversation happened somewhere where they thought they were private but they weren't and someone screenshotted it.

That said you could argue it was intentionally leaked by the people in the images to claim they made it without actually claiming they made it, but we can keep adding layers like that all day.
That still doesn't scan with me.

They'd have to be pretty dumb to post something in public and not expect somebody to leak it. And before you say that it was a private server, yeah I get that, but they still said something around enough people to risk it getting out if true.
Second, and again, do they even have any credibility? Are they modders? Are these just people talking as if they made it? Or are they just calling people dumb for falling for something they think is the Grinch 2.0 and sloppy translation gives the appearance that they're claiming to be behind it?

Third point: They look mean and I can't believe that they actually have friends dab dab dab dab

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
So I can't reply to the individual posts, I'm on mobile, but I should mention that I'm not calling anyone stupid or trying to insult them. What I meant was that like the Grinch leak trying to prove it was fake was always a uphill battle that only got worse due to the rampant spread of misinformation that occurred due to all the people trying to report on the news about it and its many many layers. People also insisted that no one would go to the lengths to fake the Grinch leak or that faking it would be impossible and yeah it really feels very identical to this considering the misinformation and layers.

That said there's always the chance it's real, I just don't buy it though. That said team real or fake, neither of them really matter in the long run.

This is understandable. And in the environment of speculation, misinformation will always be a thorn in the side of those who want to discuss the facts and what we do know. However, I don't think it is okay to give people a platform on this forum, be it Discord or Twitter, who do not want to share evidence to back up their claims. All this does is cause further confusion and chaos in this thread.

People posting images showing you can remodel the Miis? Sure. A random bunch of discord users that require a translation and want to hurl insults with no evidence? No.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sorry to interrupt he converstion but can someone send me the Youtube link when it surfaces?

Does anyone know when America has their Youtube vid available to the public?

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Does anyone know how to say "show me the receipts" in French?
Permettez-moi de parcourir le certificat d'achat qui vous appartient.
That is actually quite close to the way to say it, if you want to make it sounds pompous.

If "receipts" in that sentence is used like in "The cashier gave me a receipt for my purchases.", a better translation to the original sentence would be "montrez-moi les reçus".
Good luck with your English receipt metaphors, you could also just say "prouver" and they'd get the jist
But if I understand well, "receipts" is here used as a metaphor for "proof". Then it would be "montrez-moi les preuves", or simply "prouvez-le".

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I HATE FRANCE RIGHT NOW
Hey, I have nothing to with with that.

---

As a side note, it's funny to see all these people claiming that new leak is nothing like the Grinch because the Grinch was obviously a fake. You're as blinded by what you want to believe as I was on the Grinch.

Last edited:

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Assuming the Mii hats are coming with Terry there is one thing I think a lot of people are overlooking here when it comes to Doom Guy getting in. When you have this many different characters in a game from this many companies they do have some say on what goes into the game. It could be that one of the companies, or multiple, said its either our character or Doom Guy because they don't want their character fighting Doom Guy. Nintendo said ok we will take your character but we at least want to get Doom representation in some other form; so we get the Mii hats.

It all depends on how the contracts are worked out and how much control the parent companies have over what is done with their characters in-game and how they are represented.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That is actually quite close to the way to say it, if you want to make it sounds pompous.

If "receipts" in that sentence is used like in "The cashier gave me a receipt for my purchases.", a better translation to the original sentence would be "montrez-moi les reçus".

But if I understand well, "receipts" is here used as a metaphor for "proof". Then it would be "montrez-moi les preuves", or simply "prouvez-le".
The original quote was something like "Allow me to peruse the certificate of purchase that belongs to you." so I suppose Google Translate not turning it into gobbledygook is quite the achievement. lol

EDIT: I'm not sure what's more surprising, the fact that gobbledygook is actually a word or the fact that I spelled it right on the first try. Even spelling suggestions couldn't save me for simpler words.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Assuming the Mii hats are coming with Terry there is one thing I think a lot of people are overlooking here when it comes to Doom Guy getting in. When you have this many different characters in a game from this many companies they do have some say on what goes into the game. It could be that one of the companies, or multiple, said its either our character or Doom Guy because they don't want their character fighting Doom Guy. Nintendo said ok we will take your character but we at least want to get Doom representation in some other form; so we get the Mii hats.

It all depends on how the contracts are worked out and how much control the parent companies have over what is done with their characters in-game and how they are represented.
This is actually a very good point. As somebody who's had to do collaborative work in writing, I can confirm there's a very lengthy vetting process to just about any creative decision made when multiple independent properties are involved. You may even have to go to each and every rightsholder with a checklist of all the things you want to do, what situations you want characters in, and what potentially objectionable imagery may crop up. Companies are protective of IP, and some may very well take objection to sitting next to Angry McPunchGuts and his Satanic Friends on the CSS. It all depends on the contract that they end up signing as to how far that veto power goes.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Companies are protective of IP, and some may very well take objection to sitting next to Angry McPunchGuts and his Satanic Friends on the CSS. It all depends on the contract that they end up signing as to how far that veto power goes.
Then they shouldn't be approaching a game that's a crossover of a hundred vastly different IPs

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This is actually a very good point. As somebody who's had to do collaborative work in writing, I can confirm there's a very lengthy vetting process to just about any creative decision made when multiple independent properties are involved. You may even have to go to each and every rightsholder with a checklist of all the things you want to do, what situations you want characters in, and what potentially objectionable imagery may crop up. Companies are protective of IP, and some may very well take objection to sitting next to Angry McPunchGuts and his Satanic Friends on the CSS. It all depends on the contract that they end up signing as to how far that veto power goes.
When you think about it that way it's astonishing that this many companies are okay with their characters being trampled, slipping on banana peels, and getting slow-mo stabbed.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Then they shouldn't be approaching a game that's a crossover of a hundred vastly different IPs
You see, you'd think that, but Smash is probably one of the biggest marketing opportunities there is. Ultimately the reason we're getting as many offbeat characters as we are, say Snake, Bayonetta, and Joker, is because the public exposure of Smash outweighs the concerns over the more realistic firearms and expressions of sexuality.

But Doom is also the game that got blamed for Columbine so

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I think that anyone who wants Doom Slayer or Geno in Smash, WOULD NOT WANT ANY Doom/Mario RPG content revealed tomorrow.

Best case scenario: 4chan frogger leak is right on the money about whats in 6.0.

D

Deleted member

The issue is that this should be comparable to the Rayman leak versus the Grinch leak. The Grinch leak had artistic discrepancies and was easy to pick apart visually. However, with this leak, there are pretty much zero contradictions with already existing material. The Rayman leak, similarly, was fair game because the art was good and it was hard to debate against "programming" Rayman into the menu and selecting him.

In conclusion, it's a "wait and see." Neither side can prove the other is right.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The issue is that this should be comparable to the Rayman leak versus the Grinch leak. The Grinch leak had artistic discrepancies and was easy to pick apart visually. However, with this leak, there are pretty much zero contradictions with already existing material. The Rayman leak, similarly, was fair game because the art was good and it was hard to debate against programming Rayman into the menu and selecting him.

In conclusion, it's a "wait and see." Neither side can prove the other is right.
Definitely a wait-and-see. There hasn't been word from the higher ups, and if there were, it wouldn't be super-credible to think about it.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s ironic considering the Grinch leak was made in France, it’s like French people have a hatred for Smash fans lol.

Another note, seeing as how that Cacodemon is close to the original design rather then the 2016 title, that actually gives me hope that Doomguy will be based his classic vibrant green look from the DS-MOS era instead of the dull gritty 2016 one.

17B0FE25-6AA9-4BCB-BA1E-81FF5285BE45.png

And :ultbanjokazooie::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultken::ultsimon: are more then enough proof that classic/iconic designs take priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom