• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you guys had it your way. Who'd be your ideal pick for DLC fighter 5 and why?
Brian from Quest 64. A unique elemental mage that focuses on magic and uses a staff. Also one of my favorite games, which helps why I want him in. We also have barely any Wind-based moves, same with Rock-based ones(though a decent amount of Water, and a lot of Fire), so it would also give more elemental uniqueness to the roster.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Lara Croft. Just for the sake that it would appease almost everyone. I really have never seen a single person against her inclusion, most saying she deserves it, and it would be the most iconic female character in a game full of other icons.
Eh, only thing I’d be against is her moveset, as it would be hard for her to feel unique from snake/bayo and their weapons.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Eh, only thing I’d be against is her moveset, as it would be hard for her to feel unique from snake/bayo and their weapons.
Does Lara even use explosives? I know she gets a bazooka in the reboot but there's no guarantee that they'd pull from that version of the character.

Also I highly doubt she'll be a combo oriented character like Bayonetta.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Double posts merged
These Pokémon evolution are so dissapointing...
Also I’m going to make a freddy Fazbear Support thread, should be easier since I don’t have to make a moveset like I did sackboy

Echo Fighters don't count to me as a second dip. So Capcom has only double dipped.
Sega is the big dipper, and poor Bandai-Namco, the ones co-developing the whole flippin' game only have Pac-Man, who deserves to be in anyway being on Mario, Pikachu, Sonic, and DK tier when it comes to legendary status.
I honestly don’t think we need another Namco character, it would be nice, but Pacmans good enough for me.
I find the standard you hold characters in quite disturbing.
Why disturbing?

KatKit

Smash Lord
There wasn't any doubt that the 'Jane' file data was connected to Kasumi, but what we didn't know was how spoilery that codename turned out to be. Hoo boy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok but

What if you had to choose between Edelgard and Celica?
I adore both, but honestly? Edelgard. She quickly became a favorite of mine to the point of becoming my third favorite Fire Emblem character in general.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Sobble's evolution is probably the closest thing we'd get to Gex in Smash, so yall better start supporting the lizard twink if you want tail time in smash.

Also those starter evolutions are making me double down on my stance that Sirfetch'd is the best choice for a Galar Pokemon.

andree123

Smash Ace
Let's give your reactions if my selection of characters were announced as playables.
Sylux
Lloyd Irving
Porky

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Let's give your reactions if my selection of characters were announced as playables.
Sylux
Lloyd Irving
Porky
Sylux - Indifference I guess, but I would have preferred a different first party.
Lloyd - I like Lloyd but not my first choice for Namco rep
Porky - I hate Porky; I think he’s ugly and have no idea why people are so fixated on this missing spirit thing. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sylux
Lloyd Irving
Porky
I would react to all of them with a resounding... eh...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sylux
Lloyd Irving
Porky
Sylux - okay
Lloyd - okay
Porky -

Enlist the Pigmask Army!

Pick up your free Happy Box at the nearest Pigmask Army Recruitment Station. You'll also get a free trip to our Nice Person Hotsprings (which is required to take when joining)!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So anyone think we may get DLC fighter 5 this month or do you think it won't be until next month at the VGA?

I really hope the former but I'm not holding my breath...

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Porky - I hate Porky; I think he’s ugly and have no idea why people are so fixated on this missing spirit thing. Just my opinion though.
With respect for your opinion, I'm personally fond to the idea of Porky because like you said, he's ugly, but that's the point of his design, I personally lean towards scary, unsettling or intimidating characters. I also want to see what Sakurai could do with him, the idea of him walking sideways like his boss battle in Brawl is intriguing to me and would like to see that in a fighter.

I'm aware that his actual chances are slim and I don't buy into the Spirit thing, but I think he'd be a fun addition nonetheless.

Also he'd get a voice actor which should be fun. I would hire Jim Cummings with a Lord Boxman approach to the voice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also another thing with Porky is he's probably Nintendo's most evil villain. Surpassing even the might of Ridley and Ganondorf. That's saying something and he's just a god damn kid.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sylux
Lloyd Irving
Porky
I still think Sylux needs to prove himself before even being in the Smash discussion. God knows I love Metroid, but more just for the sake of more isn’t my thing, at the moment the series’ representation is perfect.

Lloyd isn’t super hype for me, but I don’t really mind him either. I’ve backed him for the Fighters Pass since the start, and I still do for #5, so just kinda an expected inclusion.

Porky would be amazing, Earthbound is my favorite game, and he’s a fantastic villain. One of the best characters they could include at this point for me.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Sylux
Lloyd Irving
Porky
I played Hunters so I know who Sylux is, but I can't bring myself to be that supportive of the character until they appear again in Metroid Prime 4 so I can finally see what the build up meant in the end. I haven't played Tales of Symphonia so I'm neutral towards Lloyd. As for Porky I guess he'd be cool, I'm not super into him but I appreciate his impact on the Mother series and how diabolically evil he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom