• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Your reaction: the next Fighter Pass is going to be the Fire Emblem Pass and features 4 characters; Byleth, Dimitri, Claude and Edelgard.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic.
I'm all for a Three Houses character. But four? More than Kirby and Splatoon combined? I'd be pretty angry, especially if they're the only Nintendo characters in the DLC

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Let's say that, considering the company names listed in the UK Challenger Pack 5 page, DLC fighter #5 may be from one of the Third party companies already featured in SSBU. Following the idea that no third party may have more than one character in the current Fighters Pass, that would leave Capcom, Bandai-Namco, and Konami as the possible companies from which the last fighter from the Pass may come from. Next, let's take a look at series from said third parties that have been featured in Nintendo systems before, and have amassed a solid following throughout the years.

*Crossed franchises are those that are already represented in the game.

Capcom

-Street Fighter
-Mega Man

-Resident Evil
-Devil May Cry
-Ace Attorney
-Breath of Fire
-Darkstalkers
-Ghosts'n Goblins
-Monster Hunter
-Okami
-Onimusha
-Viewtiful Joe

Bandai-Namco

-The Tower of Druaga
-Dark Souls
-Dig Dug
-Digimon
-God Eater
-.hack
-Katamari
-Klonoa
-Mappy
-Mr. Driller
-Pac-Man
-Soul Calibur
-Tales of
-Tekken
-Valkyrie
-Xenosaga

Konami

-Adventure Island
-Bloody Roar
-Bomberman
-Castlevania

-Contra
-Frogger
-Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja
-Gradius
-Metal Gear
-MLB Power Pros
-Silent Hill
-Suikoden
-Twinbee

Out of all the franchises mentioned above, I believe Fighter #5 could come from one of the following:

-Resident Evil
-Devil May Cry
-Ace Attorney
-Klonoa
-Soul Calibur
-Tales of
-Tekken
-Valkyrie
-Adventure Island
-Twinbee

Personally, out of those, I'd love if the fighter that ended up being #5 came from either of these.

-Klonoa
-Valkyrie
-Adventure Island

And those are my two cents for now. Only one more week (or less) until November starts! :seuss:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let's say that, considering the company names listed in the UK Challenger Pack 5 page, DLC fighter #5 may be from one of the Third party companies already featured in SSBU. Following the idea that no third party may have more than one character in the current Fighters Pass, that would leave Capcom, Bandai-Namco, and Konami as the possible companies from which the last fighter from the Pass may come from. Next, let's take a look at series from said third parties that have been featured in Nintendo systems before, and have amassed a solid following throughout the years.

*Crossed franchises are those that are already represented in the game.

Capcom

-Street Fighter
-Mega Man

-Resident Evil
-Devil May Cry
-Ace Attorney
-Breath of Fire
-Darkstalkers
-Ghosts'n Goblins
-Monster Hunter
-Okami
-Onimusha
-Viewtiful Joe

Bandai-Namco

-The Tower of Druaga
-Dark Souls
-Dig Dug
-Digimon
-God Eater
-.hack
-Katamari
-Klonoa
-Mappy
-Mr. Driller
-Pac-Man
-Soul Calibur
-Tales of
-Tekken
-Valkyrie
-Xenosaga

Konami

-Adventure Island
-Bloody Roar
-Bomberman
-Castlevania

-Contra
-Frogger
-Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja
-Gradius
-Metal Gear
-MLB Power Pros
-Silent Hill
-Suikoden
-Twinbee

Out of all the franchises mentioned above, I believe Fighter #5 could come from one of the following:

-Resident Evil
-Devil May Cry
-Ace Attorney
-Klonoa
-Soul Calibur
-Tales of
-Tekken
-Valkyrie
-Adventure Island
-Twinbee

Personally, out of those, I'd love if the fighter that ended up being #5 came from either of these.

-Klonoa
-Valkyrie
-Adventure Island

And those are my two cents for now. Only one more week (or less) until November starts! :seuss:
I almost forgot Konami had Bloody Roar and Suikoden and knowing them now would probably turn them into Pachinkos. Contra’s a possibility too.
ps for Konami you forgot Dance Dance Revolution but I seriously doubt Smash would incorporate that into a fighter lmao

D

Deleted member

After seeing that Dante moveset, I really want Dante now. I hope he happens but I wouldn’t complain if resident evil got in
Good luck to the game's balance team if they want to make sure he's not broken.

If he does break the game, it's the fault of the balancing team. And it's a team I have doubts with. Honestly, they still have the mentality that Smash is still a party game even after all the esports events recently.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Damn this thread flies fast. My top 5 Sony picks are:

-Ratchet & Clank
-Aloy
-Kratos (PS4 version)
-Sir Dan
-Delsin Rowe

ALL of them are overflowing with moveset potential it's insane.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Good luck to the game's balance team if they want to make sure he's not broken.

If he does break the game, it's the fault of the balancing team. And it's a team I have doubts with. Honestly, they still have the mentality that Smash is still a party game even after all the esports events recently.
What actual overpowered characters are there for Ultimate? People say Joker but he only really gets results when used by the best player in the world and we've seen multiple cases of characters getting nerfed just because babies can't handle fighting them like K.Rool. Pichu and Olimar got nerfed a while ago just because of people being bad at the game as seen with Pichu counterplay having developed right before the nerfs kicked in

D

Deleted member

Damn this thread flies fast. My top 5 Sony picks are:

-Ratchet & Clank
-Aloy
-Kratos (PS4 version)
-Sir Dan
-Delsin Rowe

ALL of them are overflowing with moveset potential it's insane.
It's about sending a message. Sony would now let Nintendo do all the hard work to get them in.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The private YouTube on the Smash Bros. channel, I could see it being one of two things...
  1. A gameplay presentation for Terry, just like the ones for Hero and Banjo, detailing how he plays, the content of Version 6.0, and a teaser revealing Fighters Pass Character 5 but with no gameplay.
  2. A Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct (the one back in September was just a general Direct, which I don't think we'll be getting again until January 2020) showing off Terry's gameplay, revealing FP Character 5 and detailing their gameplay and release date, content for Version 6.0, revealing how the post-Fighters Pass DLC will be handled, and possibly a teaser at the first post-Fighters Pass DLC character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The private YouTube on the Smash Bros. channel, I could see it being one of two things...
  1. A gameplay presentation for Terry, just like the ones for Hero and Banjo, detailing how he plays, the content of Version 6.0, and a teaser revealing Fighters Pass Character 5 but with no gameplay.
  2. A Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct showing off Terry's gameplay, revealing FP Character 5 and detailing their gameplay and release date, content for Version 6.0, revealing how the post-Fighters Pass DLC will be handled, and possibly a teaser at the first post-Fighters Pass DLC character.
Or it could be just Terry only, kinda like Joker's.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Question: has there been any Nintendo Directs on Friday?

I don't doubt that this new video could be pointing towards Terry's showcase, but I'm left wondering for how long that thing will stay private.

D

Deleted member

I don't doubt that this new video could be pointing towards Terry's showcase, but I'm left wondering for how long that thing will stay private.
As far as I know the February one was on Wednesday, if I'm not mistaken

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Usually, whenever people noticed a private video on that channel, it took about 2~3 weeks at best for it to go live, if memory serves.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

I don't remember any Direct ever taking place on a Friday. . . but I'm gonna look it up, because now you got me curious. At any rate, if there's a Direct next Friday, it'd certainly be interesting from the standpoint that it'll have been one year exactly since the final pre-release Direct.

Selenite

Smash Cadet

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What actual overpowered characters are there for Ultimate? People say Joker but he only really gets results when used by the best player in the world and we've seen multiple cases of characters getting nerfed just because babies can't handle fighting them like K.Rool. Pichu and Olimar got nerfed a while ago just because of people being bad at the game as seen with Pichu counterplay having developed right before the nerfs kicked in
Fight me Gwen. Olimar is cancer incarnate and you ain't changing my mind. Blue killing in a throw at 100% while all characters sucks at 150/200+% (Even INCINEROAR THE GRAPPLER) and Violet just hitting harder than Arsene on steroid with the HIGH LEVEL GAMEPLAY of spot dodge to smash is a valid reasons :bobomb:

D

Deleted member

it's dante

our favorite pizza man is getting in
Well I wouldn't be opposed to Dante getting in even if I don't have any history with his franchise. I'd like him cause I think having him and Bayo in the game represents the hack and slash genre very well and Idon would be very happy with him and that would be nice to see.

Though my preferred Capcom rep would of course be Phoenix Wright.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here is my conspiracy theory:

The final character that Sakurai intended for his manum opus...is Geno.

So Geno is who WAS going to be FP5.

BUT, once they decided they were going to do more DLC characters, Geno is now being held back, and the first character in the new set of DLC...has been moved up into the FP5 slot.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I am fully supportive of Dante getting into Smash Ultimate, simply on the grounds that Dante vs. Bayonetta needs to happen. We've already had two missed opportunities with the Project X Zone games (which both featured Capcom and Sega characters, including Dante but not Bayonetta), and it would be best not to miss this one again.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

BUT, once they decided they were going to do more DLC characters, Geno is now being held back, and the first character in the new set of DLC...has been moved up into the FP5 slot.
And what evidence, if any, do you have to prove this?

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Well I wouldn't be opposed to Dante getting in even if I don't have any history with his franchise. I'd like him cause I think having him and Bayo in the game represents the hack and slash genre very well and Idon would be very happy with him and that would be nice to see.

Though my preferred Capcom rep would of course be Phoenix Wright.
It's the opposite for me. Wright seems cool and I wouldn't mind him getting in but I'd rather have Dante.
It's about sending a message. Sony would now let Nintendo do all the hard work to get them in.
It worked for Banjo so maybe. Then again, Banjo was originally pseudo-Nintendo so...

D

Deleted member

I am fully supportive of Dante getting into Smash Ultimate, simply on the grounds that Dante vs. Bayonetta needs to happen. We've already had two missed opportunities with the Project X Zone games (which both featured Capcom and Sega characters, including Dante but not Bayonetta), and it would be best not to miss this one again.
I mean, yeah. Would be interesting to see that at the very least.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Also the Direct that announced Pokémon Sun and Moon in 2016. Though that's admittedly moreso because that was the 20th anniversary of Pokémon.
And the others prior such as the directs that focuses on Animal Crossing: New Leaf, The Wonderful 101, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I kinda doubt that would happen what would the reasoning be for that? If Geno was going to be FP5 I think they'd make him FP5 regardless of if they do more DLC as that's just kinda switching out spots to switch out spots. Also what evidence do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom