• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Well, not to get overly political, but since Smash Bros. is a game with a GLOBAL fanbase, and the Western fanbase (North America and Europe) outnumbers Japan SIGNIFICANTLY, it's kinda justified to be annoyed with Japanese favoritism.
It might be, if the people who own the game and are making the game weren't Japanese. Making the favoritism pretty understandable.

Power Dunk's way more suited for being an air side B in place of burning knuckle.
Please, God, just let the Power Dunk be a meteor smash.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Dang, that makes me sad to hear PSO2 isn't good. I was looking forward to trying it out once it came to the west. My laptop is too ****ty to play a patched version of the PC one (I tried years ago and it ran like a slideshow).
A lot of people like it, so you might too. It has way faster gameplay, so the combat is a lot more enjoyable. That said, I'll say that it personally feels more frenetic than its camera allows for. And some classes end up feeling kind of limited when using a controller. I'm sure a large part of it is me just being terrible, but eh...

The big thing I'd say though is that if you're going into it looking for more PSO, you'll want to temper your expectations.

1. The item system is much less compelling, and item upgrades are over-complicated, grindy/expensive, and just plain obnoxious.
2. The game uses an individual mission system rather than continuous exploration with landmarks like the original PSO.
3. The tone of the game is much more over-the-top. As it's usually described, it's much more 'anime'. And while I think it's unfair to generalize anime like that, you probably get what that means. Hell. Episode 4 is a reverse-isekai featuring 3 bath-house scenes, and Episode 5 is closer to a normal isekai, etc.
As an addendum to 3, like I mentioned earlier, PSO2 is the crossover king. It crosses over with literally anything it can, so you can run a mission with Hatsune Miku, while dressed in a 7-11 uniform with Godzilla floating over your shoulder as you wield the Master Sword and someone stands to the side doing the "Akari~n" emote from Yuru Yuri.​

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I know pretty much everything has been suggested on here, but seeing as how there's a lot of support for a decades old SquareEnix character, I'm going to throw something out there I've never seen suggested before: Life from EVO: Search of Eden. Imagine a character evolving mid fight. That'd be pretty cool. I know it has no chance, but that game right there aged soooo well.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
A lot of people like it, so you might too. It has way faster gameplay, so the combat is a lot more enjoyable. That said, I'll say that it personally feels more frenetic than its camera allows for. And some classes end up feeling kind of limited when using a controller. I'm sure a large part of it is me just being terrible, but eh...

The big thing I'd say though is that if you're going into it looking for more PSO, you'll want to temper your expectations.

1. The item system is much less compelling, and item upgrades are over-complicated, grindy/expensive, and just plain obnoxious.
2. The game uses an individual mission system rather than continuous exploration with landmarks like the original PSO.
3. The tone of the game is much more over-the-top. As it's usually described, it's much more 'anime'. And while I think it's unfair to generalize anime like that, you probably get what that means. Hell. Episode 4 is a reverse-isekai featuring 3 bath-house scenes, and Episode 5 is closer to a normal isekai, etc.
As an addendum to 3, like I mentioned earlier, PSO2 is the crossover king. It crosses over with literally anything it can, so you can run a mission with Hatsune Miku, while dressed in a 7-11 uniform with Godzilla floating over your shoulder as you wield the Master Sword and someone stands to the side doing the "Akari~n" emote from Yuru Yuri.​
Hmmmmmm, well, I guess I'll just have to see. I don't play as many games as I used to now anyway, so I might just end up dropping it out of apathy lmao. That does sound pretty over-the-top though. I just want my rare weapon drops
Imagine a character evolving mid fight. That'd be pretty cool.
I think the Agumon fans have you covered there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fine, I’ll say it.

Character 5 is going to be Frank West.

Also, I kissed Benito Mussolini.
Kissing a man worse than Hitler? Why would you do that?

I'll just say the 5th character is gonna be Monster Hunter.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Kissing a man worse than Hitler? Why would you do that?

I'll just say the 5th character is gonna be Monster Hunter.
Despite my bets heavily hinging on Doom Slayer, I find this to be extremely possible.

D

Deleted member

Just let the last fighter be female for God's sake. I'll not discuss anymore.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I weep for your cause. But did you know?
KaZoOiE iS a GiRL
:smileye:
Dude, you're late. Plenty of people have made this joke to Lesley already.
Tl;dr Kazooie is a tool, not a character. Doesn't count.

D

Deleted member

Dude, I'm well aware. As is Lesley. Just fooling with a friend, don't think it warrants your critique.
Just so you know, I'm not the kind of person you crack too much jokes about. I take jokes seriously.

In Tagalog, I'm the epitome of "pikon". Aka, I'm a bit stubborn.

My friends rarely joke around me whenever I'm around. Back then, they would say that my favorite musical group had disbanded (even if it was fake news), but it ended with me raging to **** out of them. Trust me, my rage episodes never ended well.

Perhaps this irrational stuff translates to Smash.

TLDR, I take jokes seriously, don't test my patience.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
if we get Kos-Mos i hope we still get a Tales of character because the whole sans thing was alright but i'd rather have characters then a costume that i might not buy and i actually main miis

D

Deleted member

if we get Kos-Mos i hope we still get a Tales of character because the whole sans thing was alright but i'd rather have characters then a costume that i might not buy and i actually main miis
Sending all my luck for the Tales character to be on Season 2, though imo Tekken would be the more probable repped franchise for Bamco. I mean, it's freaking good ass Tekken. If we got a Tales rep before Tekken rep, I might be happy though it would help me get into the franchise. To me, Persona is the best example of "blame Sakurai for introducing me to this franchise" thingy.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I feel like some of the various leakers sources are just messing with them. Either telling them what they want to hear or saying the names of characters that aren’t in.

D

Deleted member

I feel like some of the various leakers sources are just messing with them. Either telling them what they want to hear or saying the names of characters that aren’t in.
*chuckles*

Which is why we're still in the dark. We all don't know who it will be at this moment. We'll just have to wait, though my closest bet is KOS-MOS or Reimu, cause..you know already.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Sending all my luck for the Tales character to be on Season 2, though imo Tekken would be the more probable repped franchise for Bamco. I mean, it's freaking good *** Tekken. If we got a Tales rep before Tekken rep, I might be happy though it would help me get into the franchise. To me, Persona is the best example of "blame Sakurai for introducing me to this franchise" thingy.
Tales of is one of the last big JRPGs in japan the big 3 if you don't include pokemon would be Dragon Quest Final Fantasy and Tales of I personally want Lloyd although i think it's gonna be Yuri since he's the most popular and I hope this isn't the last Jrpg to get in i love the swordfighters that aren't from FE mostly because I'm not an SRPG guy myself I hope we could see Chrono or Ys be represented and Tekken would be great I'd personally would love to see Jin over Heihachi

D

Deleted member

Tales of is one of the last big JRPGs in japan the big 3 if you don't include pokemon would be Dragon Quest Final Fantasy and Tales of I personally want Lloyd although i think it's gonna be Yuri since he's the most popular and I hope this isn't the last Jrpg to get in i love the swordfighters that aren't from FE mostly because I'm not an SRPG guy myself I hope we could see Chrono or Ys be represented and Tekken would be great I'd personally would love to see Jin over Heihachi
Yeah, brings the trio full circle. Then again, we do have Season 2, so...

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I am pretty sure the last character will be from Capcom or Bandai Namco.

Capcom most likely one of these:
- Leon/Jill
- Dante
- Phoenix Wright
- Monster Hunter

Bandai Namco most likely one of these:
- Lloyd
- Heihachi
- Kos-Mos

I will be shocked if its none of these characters...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably the poster knows I exist and knows what ticks me off.
if i had to pick a zombie game rep my bias chooses dead rising over jill valentine

i know you disagree but goddamn frank west and the combo weapon system is so fun

D

Deleted member

- Leon/Jill
- Dante
- Phoenix Wright
- Monster Hunter

- Lloyd
- Heihachi
- Kos-Mos

It's freaking Sakurai, he can pull characters like magic. Sakurai can go with the popular pick (Jill, Lloyd) though he has the tendency to curveball (Morrigan, other Tales protags).

if i had to pick a zombie game rep my bias chooses dead rising over jill valentine

i know you disagree but goddamn frank west and the combo weapon system is so fun
Resident Evil is probably the go-to zombie franchise to get repped in Smash Bros. I mean, it's one of the many franchises they put lots of reps in crossovers!

Last edited by a moderator:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
what about phantasy star?
I got nothing for that unless your asking me my opinion but if I could think of JRPGs that could make it niche or otherwise (and the niche thing doesn't really matter because who cares) Megami Tensei or a Shin Megami Tensei Rep (Persona is considered its own thing in Japan but there but think of Persona as the little brother) There's the Xeno Series that don't come from the Nintendo side of things such as Xenogears owned by SE and Xenosaga owned by Bamco Tales of obviously and there's Ys by Falcom which I think is slept on like how SNK was slept on then theres kingdom hearts the Chrono Series even Level 5 stuff like Yokai Watch although people seem to want Professor Layton more
this was a very long post so sorry also i don't know much about phantasy star to give a decent opinion or argument about or against there chances

D

Deleted member

Half the fandom's sleeping, half the fandom's awake...

Yeah, we're seriously watching paint dry at this rate. Might as well take a nap then...

"yo, Fighters Pass # 5 is 100% a female character says verg!"

SHUT UP ARE YOU SERIO-

"no announcement yet, just kidding"

Fine.

But seriously though, situation here is like watching moss grow on a wall.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yeah, we're seriously watching paint dry at this rate. Might as well take a nap then...

SHUT UP ARE YOU SERIO-

Fine.

You keep saying this as if people are actually pretending Verge has been saying this stuff yet I never see anyone pretend Verge say stuff anymore

D

Deleted member

You keep saying this as if people are actually pretending Verge has been saying this stuff yet I never see anyone pretend Verge say stuff anymore
It's just way for me to keep my hopes up. Nothing's bad with giving yourself a little hope, ain't it?

If it seems bad, I'm sorry!

Calamitas

Smash Champion

SHUT UP ARE YOU SERIO-

Fine.

Just have a little patience. It isn't even November yet.

Edink

Smash Cadet

- Leon/Jill
- Dante
- Phoenix Wright
- Monster Hunter

- Lloyd
- Heihachi
- Kos-Mos

Idk, dreaming is free so... PLEASE Jill mygod, is a horror genre rep and it's a female (I'm sorry but i'm kinda tired of no f representation) ALSO HALLOWEEN TIME. :169:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

If you're restricting it to "Zombies", I'll just go with Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Horror? I'll honestly take most horror games over RE, but in any event, I'd say, in general, a monster/antagonist would better represent the genre. Pyramid Head, Scissorman, Alma, etc.
If it has to be RE, give me Zombie Vickers or Nemesis over one of the humans.

Human-wise, I would also tend toward someone like Frank West over most protags. Aim for something ridiculous.
If Siren were a realistic possibility, Kyoya Suda would be stupid fun.
Otherwise, Heather Mason with the full Princess Heart setup and beamsaber would get my vote. >_>

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m sorry, but I realllllllyy hope it isn’t Kosmos! I literally only knew banjo and got hyped for joker cause I wanna play Persona 5, I know it’s silly, but I hope it’s not kosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom