• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Smash fandom right now: **** yeah Crash is cool

Smash fandom in a month: Ugh I hate Crash I'm so tired about talking about him all the time I hope literally anyone else gets in
Why wait? I already don't want to talk about Crash anymore!

. . .What can I say, I'm just generally grumpy on 95% of all third-parties this point lmao

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So wait, now we have insiders vouching for Crash now? After another one just got done swearing up and down that it's gonna be Hayabusa? Well things just got a hell of a lot more interesting, I wonder how all of this is going to turn out.

Personally I'm betting on it being neither of them and everyone ends up overlooking the true last Fighters Pass DLC, a Resident Evil character

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Thanks for posting a source

EDIT: This post imagines that the leak itself is legitimate. I have issues with it, mostly because it ****ing originates from ****ing July. I have every inclination that had this post actually existed in July, it would have already been made public by now.

This seems like a good time to revisit this leak

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973

Called banjo, Erdrick, home run contest, crash as the 5th dlc, just didn’t have terry and had Lloyd.
That's how you know it's fake and not worth discussing.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Guess my hopes for DLC "Crash"-ed and burned, ahahahahaha

Just kidding, Crash is fine, I'm just not interested.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for posting a source

That's how you know it's fake and not worth discussing.
Thing could easily be fake, it also easily could be real, we know that Sakurai moves characters around behind the scenes, that’s why Brew doesn’t know exactly when Hayabusa is coming and thought he was next. Lloyd could easily come pack 2

Ok so it merits a revisit despite 1 Fatal flaw?

Btw Terry didn't always have Buster Wolf so imagine Sakurai going full oldschool and not including it. I for one, would not be ok

That’s not fatal man, you don’t know how leaks work, it could have been an early list that was altered, maybe Sakurai pushed Lloyd to second wave of dlc.

Gematsu was 100% an insider and got some things wrong cause his info he received had obviously changed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thing could easily be fake, it also easily could be real, we know that Sakurai moves characters around behind the scenes, that’s why Brew doesn’t know exactly when Hayabusa is coming and thought he was next. Lloyd could easily come pack 2
Well we know Luminary was the default and other alts of DQ heroes were always planned so specifically saying Erdrick sounds like backing off of the Brave datamine and not actual info. Home Run Contest was also datamined too

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don't think the Brew/Shifty leak is legitimate in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I don’t have particularly strong feelings about Crash, but I’d be down. Not sure where this rumor is going but randomly getting Mario RPG costumes before getting Geno would be weird.

Not impossible or anything. Just weird.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That’s not fatal man, you don’t know how leaks work, it could have been an early list that was altered, maybe Sakurai pushed Lloyd to second wave of dlc.

Gematsu was 100% an insider and got some things wrong cause his info he received had obviously changed.
Tfw your sick wordplay was ignored by someome who doesn't know about HRC and Brave datamines

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
OK so Ryce, an insider who leaked almost everything about MVCI, says he believes this. He isn't backing it but he thinks it's legit. ****, now I'm inclined to somewhat trust it more now
Yeah, I'm gonna have to step in and call BS on him.

Guy actually didn't know jack about MvCI. He was just the middleman to someone else in all that time (I think the real leaker was called SaikyoBro). Not to mention, he got Ant-Man wrong and didn't leak any of the DLC for Infinite, and he later on tried to say he didn't know anything about Smash when Memoryman claimed he was leaking Ridley.

The fact that he never shared any information about Smash and just latched on to the Grinch controversy doesn't put him in any better position that the likes of Sabi and Vergeben.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Well we know Luminary was the default and other alts of DQ heroes were always planned so specifically saying Erdrick sounds like backing off of the Brave datamine and not actual info. Home Run Contest was also datamined too

Guy in not saying it’s 100% legit, I’m saying to keep and eye on it,

Most legitimate leakers eventually said it was Erdrick, so they all had similar info, you gonna say all those insiders didn’t have legitimate info?

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Agumon, Chosen Undead and KOS-MOS are definitely characters that'd be surprising reveals. I feel Agumon is kinda being slept on given its history rivalry with Pokemon.

Dovahkiin is another to keep an eye on too. Lara Croft I say would more likely be post-Pass.
I'm on board with Dovahkiin. I think he's always been more likely than Doomguy.

Overall, I think Japanese companies are getting priority over western ones, which is why picks like Hayabusa and Geno resonate with the community when it comes to "leaks" and rumors. But if we did get western reps, I think our best bets are Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, and Bethesda with Rayman, Crash, and Dovahkiin, respectively. WB Games probably won't get a rep (as bad as I want Scorpion) and the Blizzard part of Activision Blizzard will probably not be getting anyone.

Other than that, they will probably be WTF picks for us in the states.

SKX31

Smash Master
Japan is not into guns and shooting like here, it’s a complete cultural difference.
*Looks at the mobile Fortnite, Knives Out. *

*Also looks at Resident Evil and Persona.*

Umm... FPS might be more it, because that genre simply didn't take off there.

I don’t have particularly strong feelings about Crash, but I’d be down. Not sure where this rumor is going but randomly getting Mario RPG costumes before getting Geno would be weird.

Not impossible or anything. Just weird.
Yea, the Mario RPG costumes before Geno would be incredibly odd. Especially considering the whole "Sakurai being invited to dinner by Yoko Taro" thing.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Guy actually didn't know jack about MvCI. He was just the middleman to someone else in all that time (I think the real leaker was called SaikyoBro). Not to mention, he got Ant-Man wrong and didn't leak any of the DLC for Infinite, and he later on tried to say he didn't know anything about Smash when Memoryman claimed he was leaking Ridley.

The fact that he never shared any information about Smash and just latched on to the Grinch controversy doesn't put him in any better position that the likes of Sabi and Vergeben.
All Ryce said was "The Mii Costumes were right so maybe it warrants attention". He didn't vouch for it's credibility.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
This seems like a good time to revisit this leak

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973

Called banjo, Erdrick, home run contest, crash as the 5th dlc, just didn’t have terry and had Lloyd.
I mean let's be real, those aren't particularly impressive guesses in the first place. Hero and Home Run Contest have been datamined for quite a while and Banjo was the one character everyone was guessing. The fact that this person couldn't get Terry or the other Hero alts is enough to discredit this leak.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Ant Man being the one wrong thing while Ant Man was removed from Hawkeye's level 3 indicates he was scrapped like how we know Chrom was considered for Smash 4 and that there's data for a Rhythm Heaven emblem in Smash 4 that never got used. Also tf you talking about Verge only had 1 thing wrong a out Smash

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
That leak was posted right at the end of December. That means Piranha Plant and Joker would have been already revealed, and Erdrick was popular in speculation thanks to Vergeben. All this guy did was get one lucky guess with Banjo.
If you understand what’s happening here it’s not black or white, we are making a case for possible real leaks, if he gets crash right that’s another. If he gets Lloyd right it’s looking legitimate.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I see, so what Ryce is saying is that Crash may or may not be DLC, but that at least the Mii Costume bit might be true, because it's a hard guess. He compares it to Gematsu, which notoriously got a lot of stuff right, but also some stuff wrong which we now know was due to outdated information.

Whatever the case, this is a really interesting turn of events. So it's basically Mii Costume leaker's sources Vs. IamShifty & Brew's sources. There's even a chance that both are right and either Crash or Haya belong in the next wave.

Cool news indeed.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the Gematsu leak was legitimate outside of E3.
Well im sorry but you’re not up to date on this subject. Every part of the gematsu Leak was eventually proven true but outdated, chorus kids data in the game, sakurai admitting they were going to make a chrom a character but didn’t want another generic swordsman.

Gematsu leak was legitimate.

I have doubts it was legitimate and the info changed.

I hope the 5th DLC comes out of nowhere like Terry and Joker though.

There’s nothing to doubt it was all proven true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Most legitimate leakers eventually said it was Erdrick, so they all had similar info, you gonna say all those insiders didn’t have legitimate info?
Child, learn to read. Erdrick and HRC were both datamined so unless you can prove that they weren't discovered by the time your fancy fake leak popped up, I'm going to dismiss it as Banjo is always added to fake leaks because the people looking for potential leaks are the kind of people who want Banjo. Same with Ridley. And K.Rool. and Mewtwo. And Geno. 'Predicting' 2 things we already knew ahead of time and including the obvious one to gain attention means nothing, especially as by this point, the dev team would have so much less work to do so what's the point of reshuffling characters?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Ant Man being the one wrong thing while Ant Man was removed from Hawkeye's level 3 indicates he was scrapped like how we know Chrom was considered for Smash 4 and that there's data for a Rhythm Heaven emblem in Smash 4 that never got used. Also tf you talking about Verge only had 1 thing wrong a out Smash
Okay, I kind of forgot about that Ant-Man part, but you're right with him. Also forgot that he did leak Venom.

As for Verg, he got two things wrong actually (the Minecraft stuff and the Square guy coming first). But the point is that Ryce has never actually leaked anything about Smash to give him that many credentials.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have doubts it was legitimate and the info changed.

I hope the 5th DLC comes out of nowhere like Terry and Joker though.
Tbf, Terry was somewhat lampshaded by the FP4 page’s copyright listing SNK.

Which, I’d keep an eye on FP5’s copyright list to see if it changes. Right now it has all the copyrights except SNK

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
I mean let's be real, those aren't particularly impressive guesses in the first place. Hero and Home Run Contest have been datamined for quite a while and Banjo was the one character everyone was guessing. The fact that this person couldn't get Terry or the other Hero alts is enough to discredit this leak.
No this was before the home run contest datamine.

Lol you guys are just ridiculous, you make up timelines, you make up fake facts to say it’s discredited lmao.

All legitimate leakers like verg and Tansut also did not know about all the alts. They are not discredited because they didn’t know something. You have no clue how leaks work.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The sudden support for Crash and Mario RPG costumes makes me think we're getting a Smash direct in November with a formal rundown on Terry, a Crash trailer (and possibly rundown), and a Geno teaser (something like, "Geno from Super Mario RPG is now in development!", similar to Mewtwo or Joker).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay, I kind of forgot about that Ant-Man part, but you're right with him. Also forgot that he did leak Venom.

As for Verg, he got two things wrong actually (the Minecraft stuff and the Square guy coming first). But the point is that Ryce has never actually leaked anything about Smash to give him that many credentials.
We know for a fact Hero was initially a base game character which now explains why Verge insisted we were getting an SE character first. Minecraft seems to have been outdated information on a deal that sank but we may never know that for certain. Either way I'd trust Ryce personally but if he genuinely has nothing then that means he won't leak anything

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whether the last character is Hayabusa or Crash I gotta say, what an ending to the FP. Top notch, creme de la creme.

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Child, learn to read. Erdrick and HRC were both datamined so unless you can prove that they weren't discovered by the time your fancy fake leak popped up, I'm going to dismiss it as Banjo is always added to fake leaks because the people looking for potential leaks are the kind of people who want Banjo. Same with Ridley. And K.Rool. and Mewtwo. And Geno. 'Predicting' 2 things we already knew ahead of time and including the obvious one to gain attention means nothing, especially as by this point, the dev team would have so much less work to do so what's the point of reshuffling characters?

Child, Home run contest was not datamined yet at this time, it came after a further patch, if he gets crash number 5 that’s another big one, this leak is not disproven by any means.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
We know for a fact Hero was initially a base game character which now explains why Verge insisted we were getting an SE character first. Minecraft seems to have been outdated information on a deal that sank but we may never know that for certain. Either way I'd trust Ryce personally but if he genuinely has nothing then that means he won't leak anything

Verg hardly insisted we were getting a square character first, he said he thought it would be since how long negotiations and work on the character had been going on that it essentially made sense they were first, but again as I already pointed out, Sakurai moves things around at his pleasure, Hero could have been first negotiated but sakurai didn’t want him first.

D

Deleted member

you say that, but every time someone brings up the possibility that the leak might be fake you get very defensive, as if you have an issue with people not believing the leak.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
Wowee guys
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77232590
He's right! Before the datamining! Crazy you didn't seem to include the fact that HRC files were found in December but ok!

You’re right, I think no one knew about any modes coming, it was just a file at that time, it wasn’t until our first mode that people realized sakurai would be adding modes.

I wish you’d calm the **** down though, the leak is still not disproven, have an open mind. I have been legitimately leaked to before and we don’t always know everything and things do change behind the scenes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You’re right, I think no one knew about any modes coming, it was just a file at that time, it wasn’t until our first mode that people realized sakurai would be adding modes.

I wish you’d calm the **** down though, the leak is still not disproven, have an open mind. I have been legitimately leaked to before and we don’t always know everything and things do change behind the scenes.
So.... Files of it existing means "Nope, never happening"? Lmao.

Also take your own advice kiddo, this is just like the last time you were part of a big discussion, you're saying people need to be openminded here yet don't feel you should consider the possibility this old fake leak you brought in might be fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom