• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Let's bring another topic since this is kinda getting repetitive.

Is there any character you like, who doesn't seem to have that many possibilities but you would be fine with them having a Mii Costume?

I loved Goemon's reveal for example even if not a full fledged fighter, I find it amazing to have his costume in absence of content. I would still like a Bomberman one, more Monster Hunter armors, Chun-Li...
Dante and Byleth seem somewhat likely at this point so I guess Shadow Dr. Eggman.

Last edited:

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
I only logged in here because #Sora4Smash is trending on twitter right now and I thought people might be talking about it here too.

Btw I'm still waiting for an actually exciting character to be announced as dlc, highly preferably female. All current dlc characters and recently "leaked" ones are lame as hell.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Theory time: We end up getting 'Jane' (i.e. Kasumi Yoshizowa) as our first cross-promotion Echo to promote Persona 5: Scramble. Once 'Jane' is out, they add additional Sega/Atlus Mii costumes, including Jack Frost. Maybe some (additional?) Koei Tecmo (since P5 Scramble is a KT/Atlus collab) ones as well, assuming we get Hayabusa.
I think they'd pick a protagonist from the series instead of jack frost

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
-The DLC fighters appear to be releasing in Reverse-Chronological order to their debut.
:ultjoker: - 2016
:ulthero:- When averaged, their debut year is 1999.
:ultbanjokazooie:-1997 (Diddy Kong Racing) / 1998 (Banjo-Kazooie)
:seuss::ultken: (/s)- 1991

If this holds weight, this means the next character will have debuted on or around the time of the NES. And Ninja Gaiden just so happens to be a classic NES series.

-Apparently, in the German version of Ultimate, there was only one Smash 4 veteran with a new Announcer voice-line. And that happens to be :ultryu:.
[/SPOILER]
1. The fact that you have to Average out the Hero Alt years to even fit the theory should be a massive ****ing red flag that you got a bull **** theory.

2. From what I heard, it's a change in pronunciation. It means nothing to me. It likely means that the old one was incorrect and they recorded an accurate new one.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
If all the ryu hayabusa noise ends being false, i only hope that nintendo doesn't accidentally leak teh next character in a stupid fashion like Terry or Simon ._.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I wonder what Hayabusa would play like since he's very likely in.
Also, I've never touched Ninja Gaiden before. Any suggestions?
He's a Katana user, which is an archetype not in Smash yet. Not just that, he can climb walls, use shurikens that work like a boomerang, invoke different sorts of fire magic and got fighting moves like the Izuna Drop (essentially an aerial suplex).

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I only logged in here because #Sora4Smash is trending on twitter right now and I thought people might be talking about it here too.

Btw I'm still waiting for an actually exciting character to be announced as dlc, highly preferably female. All current dlc characters and recently "leaked" ones are lame as hell.
There's been a little talk in the Sora support thread. HMK made a new video recently discussing Sora in Smash and asked supporters to get SORA4SMASH trending. Here's the video.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He's a Katana user, which is an archetype not in Smash yet. Not just that, he can climb walls, use shurikens that work like a boomerang, invoke different sorts of fire magic and got fighting moves like the Izuna Drop (essentially an aerial suplex).
Having a different type of sword doesn't make you not a swordfighter. lol

That being said I don't think he'll fall into that archetype. He'll probably play more like Greninja, Joker, and Sheik.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I wonder would ryu be closer to his NES self or the Modern Version or would they mix the two of them?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Is there any character you like, who doesn't seem to have that many possibilities but you would be fine with them having a Mii Costume?

I loved Goemon's reveal for example even if not a full fledged fighter, I find it amazing to have his costume in absence of content. I would still like a Bomberman one, more Monster Hunter armors, Chun-Li...
I know she has no chance at all to ever show up in smash, but as a huge fan of Supergiant games, I'd love for Red from Transistor to be a Mii Swordfighter costume.

Hopefully it could be bundled with a song such as "We All Become One", Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett make amazing music. I know this doesn't seem remotely likely, but I just have to gush about these games. Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre are all masterpieces to me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Also, I've never touched Ninja Gaiden before. Any suggestions?
If you have a PS3, I'd recommend getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Keep in mind that the series is notoriously challenging.

And if you like 3D fighting games, DoA 5: Last Round is worth checking out as well.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I know she has no chance at all to ever show up in smash, but as a huge fan of Supergiant games, I'd love for Red from Transistor to be a Mii Swordfighter costume.

Hopefully it could be bundled with a song such as "We All Become One", Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett make amazing music. I know this doesn't seem remotely likely, but I just have to gush about these games. Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre are all masterpieces to me.
I'm actually wishing that they release mii caster/wizard And woundlnt be against they going bananas with mii costumes and songs from different series, Black mage, White mage, Ashley, Tharjha, Sypha Belnades, etc... (The kid could actually be agreat swordfighter/gunner costume also wouldlove he coming with a song.)

I also wold hope that they add retoactively songs from series repped withouth a song, We could use an extra monster hunter song, and bomberman and goemon could also use some songs :0 AND PLEASE A SHOVEL KNIGHT TRACK T.T

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder would ryu be closer to his NES self or the Modern Version or would they mix the two of them?
It would very likely be a lot closer to his modern design if he was going to be DLC. It's his current look in the games he appears in, and I don't believe Hayabusa would be DLC if Sakurai were to design him off of the original NES games. There would be a few stuff mixed in like his nair being that 1 item from the first game, his blue outfit being an alt, and of course a Smash remix of Unbreakable Determination.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Do first party count?

If so, Mike Jones from StarTropics.
Considering how small western representation is in this game, he’s very unlikely.

Mii costume?
Nah. He would look extremely generic to the point it wouldn’t make a difference. But I guess if anything, he could be a gunner.

////

If 3rd party: Too many to list, but I guess I’ll leave it at 5.

- Battletoads
- Jason & Sophia III (Blaster Master)
- Zeke / Julie (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)
- Earthworm Jim
- A classic SEGA character
— Joe Musashi
— Vectorman
— Streets is Rage character

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
If I'm being completely honest, I'd be a lot more open to the idea of Hayabusa if we didn't have a bunch of leakers running their mouthes about him for attention. Speculation is a lot more fun when we aren't fixating on the same character for months on end, and having a bunch of insiders spoil the surprise for five seconds of fame kinda ruins that. Hayabusa would've been a cool surprise otherwise, but I'm at a point where I could go a good few months without hearing about how Blue Boruto's Dad is definitely gonna be in Smash. Would it really hurt insiders to just shut their mouthes and let the community make their own educated guesses on who's next? No amount of e-clout is worth ruining the surprise and making people annoyed with certain characters.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
It's amazing to see Sora4Smash trending, and now the Doomguy for Smash Discord server is planning on making the same thing happen on October 20th. I wonder if it'll be as successful.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I don't think he's far down at all. He's like the top 5 along with 2B, Geno, Lara Croft, and Sora (who is owned by Disney, by developed by SE).

Chrono Trigger is considered one of the greatest RPG's of all time. He definitely has a solid chance of getting into Smash.
I think chrono trigger isn’t gonna happen because Hero pretty much takes all of Chronos intresting features, unless chrono somehow gets a huge boost in popularity I don’t see it happening.

D

Deleted member

If I'm being completely honest, I'd be a lot more open to the idea of Hayabusa if we didn't have a bunch of leakers running their mouthes about him for attention. Speculation is a lot more fun when we aren't fixating on the same character for months on end, and having a bunch of insiders spoil the surprise for five seconds of fame kinda ruins that. Hayabusa would've been a cool surprise otherwise, but I'm at a point where I could go a good few months without hearing about how Blue Boruto's Dad is definitely gonna be in Smash. Would it really hurt insiders to just shut their mouthes and let the community make their own educated guesses on who's next? No amount of e-clout is worth ruining the surprise and making people annoyed with certain characters.
Pretty much.

Here's a meme I made to deprecate myself even further.
3dn0wl.jpg

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think chrono trigger isn’t gonna happen because Hero pretty much takes all of Chronos intresting features, unless chrono somehow gets a huge boost in popularity I don’t see it happening.
He always does so well in GameFAQs character contests. Back in the 00s. He was considered among the Noble 9. Alongside Mario, Link, Samus, Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Cloud, and Sephiroth. No one could beat them besides each other. He was a pretty big deal back then.

Also, there are plenty of ways for him to be unique compared to Hero.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think so, between the katana, a bigger focus on lightning spells, and the Techs, Crono easily differentiates himself from Hero and other swordies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Theory time: We end up getting 'Jane' (i.e. Kasumi Yoshizowa) as our first cross-promotion Echo to promote Persona 5: Scramble. Once 'Jane' is out, they add additional Sega/Atlus Mii costumes, including Jack Frost. Maybe some (additional?) Koei Tecmo (since P5 Scramble is a KT/Atlus collab) ones as well, assuming we get Hayabusa.
I don't think Kasumi Yoshizowa can be an Echo of Joker..not only is her weapon different (Joker has a knife, she uses a Rapier), but she has the style of a ballet dancer, meaning her movements would likely be very different from Joker..and if neither of those were an issue, they'd likely choose another protagonist, likely Yu Narukami, rather than a secondary character from a secondary version.
Heck, the only Persona character that seems to make sense as a Joker Echo is oddly enough Yosuke Hanamura from Persona 4..not only does he use knives (kunai typically), but some of Joker's moves in Smash are direct mirrors of moves Yosuke uses in Persona 4 Arena.
It's amazing to see Sora4Smash trending, and now the Doomguy for Smash Discord server is planning on making the same thing happen on October 20th. I wonder if it'll be as successful.
I agree its amazing..but I don't think Doomguy/Doomslayer will get as much attention as Sora considering how many people have been wanting Sora in Smash for years while Doomguy is a more recent request.
I could be biased though...Ideally, we'd get both of them.
Speaking of 2B, how is NieR? Is it fun, hard, easy, boring, etc.?
Which one? NieR or NieR Automata? Both are amazingly fun games, but different in style. NieR is harder than NieR Automata though..though only due to the easier setting you can use in NieR Automata. Between the two, I prefer NieR Automata.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
If Crono got in Smash, a good way to differentiate him from the other RPG swordies is by having an emphasis on double and triple techs from his series. So he'd be accompanied by two other party members like Marle, Lucca, Frog, etc. and special attacks would involve them. Final Smash would most likely be a triple tech since they're so rare and strong.

That said, while he has some techs that could work as a recovery special, my favorite idea is using Lucca's time gate key to teleport using the time travel portals. It'd be a nod to the time travel theme of Crono's game.

His stage should be the Epoch, the time traveling airship you gain on your journey in the game, where the background changes to the different time periods Chrono Trigger takes place in.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Guess who just hit 11.3K tweets trending on Twitter?View attachment 242488

It’s Sora time baby.
See that Disney?

That's demand. And it's real.

It's our time Sora gang. RISE UP!
I just don’t see him being chosen over Lara Croft, Geno, or 2B.
Except he's not even competing with them. He's a Disney character.

Regardless, KH is Square Enix's next largest series after Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in terms of worldwide popularity, so if he has a chance it's now.
Pretty much.

Here's a meme I made to deprecate myself even further.View attachment 242492
If y'all want memes made out of my salty tears just like this post...

Stop that. Go take care of yourself and stop making self-deprecating ****posts on the internet.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
See that Disney?

That's demand. And it's real.

It's our time Sora gang. RISE UP!

Except he's not even competing with them. He's a Disney character.

Regardless, KH is Square Enix's next largest series after Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in terms of worldwide popularity, so if he has a chance it's now.

Stop that. Go take care of yourself and stop making self-deprecating ****posts on the internet.
Plant08's comment was about Crono, not Sora.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No, Sakurai never mentioned Geno until Smash 4.

What really got the Geno fanbase going was him appearing on a Smash 2 poll back before Melee came out.
Ah, that's probably what it was. I think if it hadn't been for the Mii Costume and Spirit his requests would be absolutely dead. Luckily it's still holding strong. Cant say the same for MOST prebrawl requests that didnt make it :/

Last edited:

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Which one? NieR or NieR Automata? Both are amazingly fun games, but different in style. NieR is harder than NieR Automata though..though only due to the easier setting you can use in NieR Automata. Between the two, I prefer NieR Automata.
I meant NieR Automata. But from the sounds of it, it's a game I should play! (Not now though, still making my way through Fursona Persona 5)

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
If Sora does come to Smash, :ultduckhunt: as a Donald & Goofy spirit and :ultmario: as a Mickey spirit, or riot. :ultdarkpit: as a Riku spirit & :ultzelda: as a Kairi spirit. There...I've done it. The sin has been made. Now make this a thing or riot. (I don't fully believe in the possibility of Mickey, Donald & Goofy ACTUALLY even appearing in spirit for...But lemme just revel in my pity-party.

Here have some more spirits that possibly won't come true.

:ultbayonetta: Maleficent
:ultwario: Pete
:ultganondorf:Master Xehanort (The closest I can think of.)
:ultjoker:Ansem
:ultmewtwo:Xemnas
:ultshulk:Young Xehanort
:ultgnw: :ultmetaknight::ultkirby: (Meta Knight skin) The Heartless

Last edited:

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
If Sora does come to Smash, :ultduckhunt: as a Donald & Goofy spirit and :ultmario: as a Mickey spirit, or riot. :ultmetaknight: as a Riku spirit & :ultzelda: as a Kairi spirit. There...I've done it. The sin has been made. Now make this a thing or riot.
Which ones would be primaries and which ones would enhanceable?

Also, I don't know too much about Kingdom Hearts. Would he have a special mechanic (Joker's Persona, Cloud's Limit, etc.)?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If Sora does come to Smash, :ultduckhunt: as a Donald & Goofy spirit and :ultmario: as a Mickey spirit, or riot. :ultmetaknight: as a Riku spirit & :ultzelda: as a Kairi spirit. There...I've done it. The sin has been made. Now make this a thing or riot.
I always imagined a hypothetical Mickey spirit would be Pikachu with one of the sword items.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
I always imagined a hypothetical Mickey spirit would be Pikachu with one of the sword items.
Eh, Pikachu makes sense, I admit. I personally went with Mario because he's the flagship that holds Nintendo, just like Mickey's the flagship that holds Disney. The idea of Disney's icon within Nintendo's icon kinda seems pleasing to me. Apart of me still feels Pikachu's a better choice, but I still prefer Mario. It makes more sense to me.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
So with how Nintendo literally pretended Overwatch didn't even release on the Switch a couple days ago and even offered refunds for pre-orders, which they almost never do, I'm thinking Blizzard characters are out for the foreseeable future.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Which ones would be primaries and which ones would enhanceable?

Also, I don't know too much about Kingdom Hearts. Would he have a special mechanic (Joker's Persona, Cloud's Limit, etc.)?
Sora's special mechanics I'm...not quite sure how they would be placed into the game. The most I'd think of is something similar to Hero's if anything.

Well...here's something someone did for special mechanics for Sora.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Educated guess?

Let's be honest, Smash fandom would rather talk about the same six characters they've been discussing for twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom