• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
literally no one is hating aha

Midna would be an amazing addition, but shes among the cursed Assist Trophy tier
never say never

im on the gang that assist trophies can change until the day i die. will it change? to be discovered. can it change? yeah, it's not difficult to remove trophy accessbility if they already do it for a goddamn vampire gag with Alucard on Wii Fit.

If I want it. Ignore everyone else.
Actually, i'm right simply because you're wrong (and also because i'm right) ...

Because i'm right obviously.
Because you're wrong.

See how it goes... ?

Circular arguments are fun...

:p

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
these are all extremely valid reasons tho aha well said
Please don't appropriate my argument.

There are a lot of reasons why a character does/doesn't get in besides the ones listed, and the argument of characters "deserving" to be in Smash for any combination of these reasons is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Kinda hard to counter your "facts" when your original argument was this vague bull****.

Burden of proof is on you. You got actual reasons? You got reasons why Dixie deserves to be in over Rhythm Heaven? How about Advannce Wars, another Fire Emblem character, Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, Mario, Zelda, Astral Chain, Takamaru? You got something special that elevates her above all of these? I'd love that over your petty insults.
I think Dixie Kong would be a great female character to add to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.

My reasons are that she's a main Donkey Kong Country cast member and the DKC games are pretty big. In particular, she was a part of two of the most acclaimed DKC games in the series, those being Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. She even had her own game, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble!, though that one tends to fly under the radar.

She's also one of the biggest recurring playable Nintendo female characters not in Smash yet. Toadette is in a similar boat, having been promoted to playable in both New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Super Mario Maker 2. Either would be a great addition, and hopefully Dixie makes it in. Regardless, though, Dixie has a similar body type to another playable character currently in Smash, which leads to my last point.

Finally, while she would need more work than an Echo Fighter, she would not need to be completely unique and thus could have a lesser workload than a completely unique fighter, meaning the Smash team wouldn't have to work QUITE as hard when implementing her into the game. If you look at the reasoning Sakurai gave for Wolf's inclusion back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's a similar proposition. Diddy Kong could inform a few of Dixie's moves while the rest would be unique, most likely relying on her classic ponytail that allows her to float.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
*sees a user who supports a character you genuinely and honestly like being antagonistic and obnoxious to other users, making the character you like look bad, even appropriating one of your posts*

Is...

*looks down at my shaking arms*

Is this how Geno fans feel?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
bro the whole point of the quote you quoted was that you can say you want her in smash without saying she deserves it the most but you're using it to say that she deserves it the most

:drshrug:

talk about a tragedy

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
*sees a user who supports a character you genuinely and honestly like being antagonistic and obnoxious to other users, making the character you like look bad, even appropriating one of your posts*

Is...

How I feel whenever I see *show Ignored Content* in my Chief thread

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of JRPGs, what other characters are there left in the terms of big names? Series that haven't been touched aside (sorry Geno), there's:

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu
- Secret of Mana charcter
- that chick from Phantasy Star

and to throw some WRPGs in there too:

- the guy from The Witcher
- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is...

It is. Welcome to the empathy party.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Milia has cooler hair tricks than Dixie.
Inb4 someone says Sol would get in before her: So does Filia from Skullgirls. I'd rather have Squigly, though.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Speaking of JRPGs, what other characters are there left in the terms of big names? Series that haven't been touched aside (sorry Geno), there's:

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
I'm just happy you listed Neku.

D

Deleted member

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
Atelier is a popular RPG series right?

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
If you want a Secret of Mana rep, that can only be Randi... but Riesz destroys him in terms of popularity.
So Riesz, from Trials of Mana.

(and for J-RPGs, maybe a Suikoden, Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile rep... but highly unlikely)

what the **** is an atelier

also I forgot Sans what is wrong with me
The Atelier games feature alchemy, where you gather ingredients then craft items through recipes. The crafting itself is a mini-game. Otherwise, they're light-hearted J-RPGs and from those I've played, you don't have to save the universe for once.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who here don't want Female!Terry and think that female hero is much more fitting?
I don't want female Terry only because her design is clear fanservice. It just feels wrong to look at. Like I'm looking at a weirdly good but perverted deviantart rule 63.

Female Hero is cool, but I wouldn't call it more fitting. A female alt would have been lit.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn

Who else am I missing?
Any of the Tales of protags (not counting Lloyd's Mii costume) and KOS-MOS if you count Xenosaga as a separate entity from Xenoblade (which I'll assume you are because SMT is being counted as separate from Persona). At least those are the ones I know about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't want female Terry only because her design is clear fanservice. It just feels wrong to look at. Like I'm looking at a weirdly good but perverted deviantart rule 63.

Female Hero is cool, but I wouldn't call it more fitting. A female alt would have been lit.
smash already makes a character's rule 34 tag go up to quadruple digits, god knows what would happen if they found out genderbent terry exists

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
Monster Hunter counts as an RPG I guess. It did win RPG of the year in 2018.

D

Deleted member

smash already makes a character's rule 34 tag go up to quadruple digits, god knows what would happen if they found out genderbent terry exists
It'll go up exponentially. Either way, I don't think she'll happen. Bayonetta is like the peak of what you can get away with in terms of sexy designs.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
As far as WRPGs go Commander Sheperd, as Mass Effect was a pretty big series at the time.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If you want a Secret of Mana rep, that can only be Randi... but Riesz destroys him in terms of popularity.
So Riesz, from Trials of Mana.

(and for J-RPGs, maybe a Suikoden, Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile rep... but highly unlikely)

The Atelier games feature alchemy, where you gather ingredients then craft items through recipes. The crafting itself is a mini-game. Otherwise, they're light-hearted J-RPGs and from those I've played, you don't have to save the universe for once.
Did someone say "Suikoden"? Nash Latkje just happens to have a whipsword (two, actually, but if he's the only way a whipsword user gets in, I'll take it).

KatKit

Smash Lord

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
Adol Christin (Ys)
Estelle Bright, Kevin Graham, Lloyd Bannings, or Rean make the panties drop Schwarzer (Kiseki)
A Dragalia Lost rep
A Granblue Fantasy rep
A Monster Hunter rep
A Tales rep
A Sakura Wars rep
A Disgaea rep

Just to name a few.

Acceptable parameters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
Anyone from Falcom like Adol from Ys.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So does Filia from Skullgirls. I'd rather have Squigly, though.
Squigly's my favorite.

- Crono
- Sora
- Neku
- 2B
- SMT Protagonist
- The Chosen Undead
- Kazama Kiryu

- Vault Boy
- Dragonborn
- Runescape Guy

Who else am I missing?
Amy from ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal.

Does she have a chance? No.

Does anyone even know what that game is? ...No.

But it's worth mentioning dangit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom