• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Flaming
Better persuasive arguments.
Try and persuade me that your input is actually of value rather than that of some squid back seat moderating a forum about cartoon game characters.

I can recommend a few good doctors to help get the stick out of your ass if youd like.

D

Deleted member

Since the argument comes from time to time, what makes a character deserving in the objective way?

Feels like a bunch of people just throw that word at random imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

KatKit

Smash Lord
While undeniably a popular series, I find it incredibly hard to argue that the style savvy girl has made more of an impact on nintendo/gaming history than dixie kong.

sales doesnt determine a smash character's addition either. Shoutout to Banjo, the best character addition in Ultimate (lol).
A highly successful and acclaimed Nintendo game predominately marketed towards little girls is pretty big deal. The company's come a long way from the days of Tetris Attack.

Bonus points for being able to create a name for itself without heavily relying on existing Nintendo IPs.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Everyones hating on my "Dixie deserves to be in Smash more than any other Nintendo character NOT in the game" statement, yet the only counter argument ive gotten is one for a shopping simulator.

Yall hatin but got nothin to say other than youre hatin lol

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Since the argument comes from time to time, what makes a character deserving in the objective way?

Feels like a bunch of people just throw that word at random imo.
I could say things like sales, influence, notoriety (how well-known they are), impact on gaming and/or pop-culture, but all of those are simply shields for what truly makes a character objectively deserving to be in Smash Bros.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyones hating on my "Dixie deserves to be in Smash more than any other Nintendo character NOT in the game" statement, yet the only counter argument ive gotten is one for a shopping simulator.

More than any Nintendo character NOT in the game?

Honestly if you gave me a list of contenders I could form a legitimate argument. :nifty:like dr kawashima

D

Deleted member

My grandpa who served in the Vietnam War deserves to be in Smash because he saved hundreds of lives with his medical expertise and quick thinking. He's did more for the world than some dumb video character like Dixie Kong. Ergo, my grandpa is the perfect fit for Smash.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
More than any Nintendo character NOT in the game?

Honestly if you gave me a list of contenders I could form a legitimate argument. :nifty:like dr kawashima
Kawashima is in Smash

My grandpa who served in the Vietnam War deserves to be in Smash because he saved hundreds of lives with his medical expertise and quick thinking. He's did more for the world than some dumb video character like Dixie Kong. Ergo, my grandpa is the perfect fit for Smash.
your grandpa isnt a videogame character

HOWEVER, i thank him for his service

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Yes.

And?

You never set limits for this.
Fair.

Let's say that if they have a model made for the main game, then theyre "represented".

I think all of us here don't consider spirits as deconfirmations, while something like an Assist Trophy or Pokeball doesn't bode well at all for a characterss chances of becoming a fighter in ult

D

Deleted member

your grandpa isnt a videogame character

HOWEVER, i thank him for his service
My post was satire. The point was that no matter how much someone deserves to be honored, it means jack **** if Sakurai doesn't accept the idea. We got a potted plant, mate. Get this deserved stuff out of here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fair.

Let's say that if they have a model made for the main game, then theyre "represented".
Let's not say that, we have an entirely new pass coming up with new opportunities and barriers to be broken. We just cannot selectively say what can or cannot be done when Chrom is a living example of a mistake that refused to die.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No, were not.

HOWEVER, there isnt a singular character in rhythm heaven thats as well known or bigger to Nintendo than Dixie. Facts
Listen, you really need to work on your vocabulary
1570838292856.png

1570838179971.png

Know the difference. It saves lives

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
My post was satire. The point was that no matter how much someone deserves to be honored, it means jack **** if Sakurai doesn't accept the idea. We got a potted plant, mate. Get this deserved stuff out of here.
Just because whacky characters are added doesnt mean that other characters arent less deserving. Of course Sakurai /Nintendo chooses whoever they want.

I really thought you were serious about your grandfather... so serious... like so so serious

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
In all honesty, looking at the big picture here, the most deserving Nintendo character not in the game has to be Fire Mario.

KatKit

Smash Lord
yet the only counter argument ive gotten is one for a shopping simulator.
Bro, thanks for pointing out another positive thing about Style Savvy. Smash lacks a character from business/fashion simulator hybrid. It'd literally bring a whole new world, something that Dixie cannot do.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Bro, thanks for pointing out another positive thing about Style Savvy. Smash lacks a character from business/fashion simulator hybrid. It'd literally bring a whole new world, something that Dixie cannot do.
PERSONALLY, id take a Style Savvy rep over another JRPG swordsmen any day of the week.

D

Deleted member

Just because whacky characters are added doesnt mean that other characters arent less deserving. Of course Sakurai /Nintendo chooses whoever they want.
So you acknowledge legacy and importance isn't a deciding factor. So what's the point of this debate over who deserves to be in? To **** on other franchises and characters to elevate your own want?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Let's not say that, we have an entirely new pass coming up with new opportunities and barriers to be broken. We just cannot selectively say what can or cannot be done when Chrom is a living example of a mistake that refused to die.
>Chrom is a living example of a mistake that refused to die
Haha oh whoops couldn't hear ya over BLARING ID PURPOSE TRUMPETS INTENSIFY
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Chrom Reveal Trailer 0-22 screenshot.png

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
once again though, you dont have a counterargument other than you dont like what im saying.

thats another fact lol
Oh, I do, I just don't think it's worth it at this point, cuz you're gonna shoot it down to the ground with your so called "facts and logic" anyways

Besides, it's just my silly opinion.

You knowing the difference between objective and subjective claims is far more important than doing the stupid "my character is far more desrving than you're character" garbage to prove my point.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So you acknowledge legacy and importance isn't a deciding factor. So what's the point of this debate over who deserves to be in? To **** on other franchises and characters to elevate your own want?
Name one time ive ****ted on another franchise in this entire discussion? Dont come at me w lies and a creepy ass profile picture

At the end of the day, no one, including you, offered up another Nintendo character thats bigger than Dixie whos not in smash. sorry

sure. ok. lol.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I think Dixie Kong would be a great female character to add to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.

My reasons are that she's a main Donkey Kong Country cast member and the DKC games are pretty big. In particular, she was a part of two of the most acclaimed DKC games in the series, those being Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. She even had her own game, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble!, though that one tends to fly under the radar.

She's also one of the biggest recurring playable Nintendo female characters not in Smash yet. Toadette is in a similar boat, having been promoted to playable in both New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Super Mario Maker 2. Either would be a great addition, and hopefully Dixie makes it in. Regardless, though, Dixie has a similar body type to another playable character currently in Smash, which leads to my last point.

Finally, while she would need more work than an Echo Fighter, she would not need to be completely unique and thus could have a lesser workload than a completely unique fighter, meaning the Smash team wouldn't have to work QUITE as hard when implementing her into the game. If you look at the reasoning Sakurai gave for Wolf's inclusion back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it's a similar proposition. Diddy Kong could inform a few of Dixie's moves while the rest would be unique, most likely relying on her classic ponytail that allows her to float.

---

There. That wasn't hard, right? Notice how I never said she was the "most deserving" "over" other characters a single time?

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
whats wrong with JRPGs bro
MY OPINION (see? Subjective for all yall backseat mod narcs): i think the protagonist designs in most JRPGs are pretty uniform. i love character design variety in Smash, and adding another character thats pretty much Shulk or Cloud doesnt do it for me

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
KatKit KatKit I support Style Savvy as much as anyone else but please let's not pretend a successful yet niche casual series is more important to gaming history than Dixie Kong.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

What if I'm not hatin but rather I just find Dixie the far less interesting and inferior hair weilding fighter to a certain cursed imp girl that rides wolves?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
MY OPINION (see? Subjective for all yall backseat mod narcs): i think the protagonist designs in most JRPGs are pretty uniform. i love character design variety in Smash, and adding another character thats pretty much Shulk or Cloud doesnt do it for me
ok but hear me out:

hero part 2

1570839215484.png

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
What if I'm not hatin but rather I just find Dixie the far less interesting and inferior hair weilding fighter to a certain cursed imp girl that rides wolves?
literally no one is hating aha

Midna would be an amazing addition, but shes among the cursed Assist Trophy tier

D

Deleted member

Name one time ive ****ted on another franchise in this entire discussion? Dont come at me w lies and a creepy *** profile picture

At the end of the day, no one, including you, offered up another Nintendo character thats bigger than Dixie whos not in smash. sorry
Kinda hard to counter your "facts" when your original argument was this vague bull****.
Dixie Kong is the biggest and most well-deserving Nintendo character not yet in Smash.
Burden of proof is on you. You got actual reasons? You got reasons why Dixie deserves to be in over Rhythm Heaven? How about Advannce Wars, another Fire Emblem character, Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, Mario, Zelda, Astral Chain, Takamaru? You got something special that elevates her above all of these? I'd love that over your petty insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom