• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I cannot explain how satisfying it is to Wonderwing the **** out of a PK Fire spammer.

THAT IS ALL.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
The only thing that makes me unhappy about anime being deconfirmed is that I can't listen to the Giorno theme during battles.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I cannot explain how satisfying it is to Wonderwing the **** out of a PK Fire spammer.

THAT IS ALL.
I honestly don't get why people keep saying PK Fire is the worst thing to experience. Maybe it's cause I got KOed at 0 percent by a Gordo that got hit with a Charge Shot yesterday but I feel there's stuff significantly worse than a move you can just jump over

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645

THAT IS ALL.
Just wait til you do that to a Yoshi down B spammer

I honestly don't get why people keep saying PK Fire is the worst thing to experience. Maybe it's cause I got KOed at 0 percent by a Gordo that got hit with a Charge Shot yesterday but I feel there's stuff significantly worse than a move you can just jump over
Maybe ur right, like PK Freeze spam, or Yoshi down B spam.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*says to just jump over a PK Fire*

*gets killed by a gordo*

Just playing. I'm the guy that gets killed by trying to counter a warlock punch. :upsidedown:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
*says to just jump over a PK Fire*

*gets killed by a gordo*

Just playing. I'm the guy that gets killed by trying to counter a warlock punch. :upsidedown:
Tbf it was an FFA I was in and as I was charging Limit I didn't really expect to get hit for like 50271 percent damage so I couldn't DI ****. I now consider Spiral Mountain the "**** Gwen" stage as that's where it happened, not to mention I got hit while casting Bounce which shouldn't remove it but suddenly did yesterday and no Click Clock ****ing Wood. The ONE good song from that game too dammit

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I hope this is sarcasm. I really, really hope this is sarcasm in regards to buying a company just so they could be the ones to get into Smash (tone is hard to read without textual indicators)...

Also, this seems like fairly odd gate keeping of Sol since he and Kunio's literal only point of "competition" would be they both originating from the same company despite the fact they would be chosen for entirely different reasons as characters. Not to mention, like, if your goal is representing Arc System Works and its over 20 year legacy, the character from its premiere fighting game series that put it on the map and has been a pseudo mascot for the company for years is a better option than the acquisition they made four years ago of an unrelated character.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's not. My goal is representing Kunio and his over 30 year legacy.
I realize that's your goal, but I'm saying Sol Badguy better represents Arc System Works as a developer over their own history, whereas Kunio better represents his own legacy. They would be chosen under entirely different circumstances is what I'm saying and it just depends what Nintendo/Sakurai prioritize.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I hope this is sarcasm. I really, really hope this is sarcasm in regards to buying a company just so they could be the ones to get into Smash (tone is hard to read without textual indicators)...

Also, this seems like fairly odd gate keeping of Sol since he and Kunio's literal only point of "competition" would be they both originating from the same company despite the fact they would be chosen for entirely different reasons as characters. Not to mention, like, if your goal is representing Arc System Works and its over 20 year legacy, the character from its premiere fighting game series that put it on the map and has been a pseudo mascot for the company for years is a better option than the acquisition they made four years ago of an unrelated character.
I know little about ArcSystem but I praise the logic in this statement. I wish people would apply this logic to other third party companies as well.

Who was Kunio purchased from?

THAT IS ALL.
YES
Sir, you have made my day!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its by LaxChris sure. 4Chan sure.

But better then no Smash news or leaks. Thought this be worth sharing.

Likely fake anyways tho.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I'm literally the guy who gets caught trying to counter EVERYTHING with Corrin's

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I know little about ArcSystem but I praise the logic in this statement. I wish people would apply this logic to other third party companies as well.
Like saying that Steve would deconfirm Banjo Kazooie.. or viceversa. Is like saying that if crash Bandicot makes it in, i'ts imposible to have a Overwatch character...

It can be argued that sometimes this applies, for example, if we get Sol Badguy, i don't think we are getting Ragna, or viceversa, but this is usually teh exception, and is because the characters are related to more ways that just the copyright holder.

If Crash comes in is because he is Crash Bandicoot, not because Activision / blizzard NEEDs a rep. Same with Overwatch character. Banjo came in not because Microsoft needed to be represented... but because is Banjo Kazooie.

Copyright holders can be an issue ... (square enix, Konami during smash 4? Anything Sony) but usually is more of a hurdle than an goal or an objective, and right now there are very few companies that would want to hinder the inclusion of something from them in smash.

D

Deleted member

Likely fake anyways tho.
One of the better fakes, I doubt it's real too, people always """"leak"""" renders on 4chan that turn out to be fake in a day or 2.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Likely fake anyways tho.
Yeah the render doesn't look anywhere near good enough to be a real one. Not dynamic nor detailed enough. But it does look pretty nice! I don't know a lot about Sakura Wars outside of some stuff from friends but the new trailer for the new game had me pretty interested. She is a Sega property, though, so that may dampen her chances.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Likely fake anyways tho.
I think it's trying to go along with the Milk Bosatsu leak that said female character with Japanese style clothes. If it were real I don't think I'd necessarily be opposed to her, but she'd have to have a cool moveset.
Don't wanna watch the video, who dis?
Sakura from Sakura Wars.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Likely fake anyways tho.
Instead of linking the video, why not link the 4chan thread (obligatory content warning for possible offensive language/content) and image?

Hi excuse me if my english is not great. It is not my native language. This is for who are interested in finding out who the final fighter of the fighter pack is. Spoilers are be here.

To get this photo was very difficult. The character Sakura from the Sakura Taisen or Sakura Wars as its known in other countries will arrive in Super Smash Bros. her model is in very early stages of development. I will try to share more images of her as I get more.
1569395433643.png

Let's not give LaxChris the views he so desperately wants. Only when he makes actually good content should anyone consider that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think it's trying to go along with the Milk Bosatsu leak that said female character with Japanese style clothes. If it were real I don't think I'd necessarily be opposed to her, but she'd have to have a cool moveset.
if people were worried that Hero or Terry would be niche picks... dude... at least Dragon quest is slightly popular on teh west, and in japan is like friggin mario.
and terry Bogard may be a niche pick in some parts of the world, but still that parts of teh world have had all teh chances to know him...

Have the sakura wars games even oficially relased on the west? i know there was an anime that aired in the west, seen her games in old japanese sega saturn comercials and i know that a new game seem to be coming to teh switch cause i remember seeing it on a japanese direct... is that game even slated to come to the west?

(Outside of that i know nothing of teh series... although i remember watching a couple of the anime episodes back in teh day) Is probably a fake trying to replicate the "Terry" effect IMO.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Or shield for that matter. Plus, as far as I’ve seen, it’s a lot easier to “un-trap” yourself from it in this game.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'd rather link screencaps of 4chan leak threads rather than 4chan itself since I would like that site to get as little exposure as possible, but that's just what I prefer.

As for the rumor, I wouldn't be opposed to it, Sakura Wars has a pretty storied legacy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Or shield for that matter. Plus, as far as I’ve seen, it’s a lot easier to “un-trap” yourself from it in this game.
**** like that genuinely makes me think most people just lack fundamentals or basic matchup knowledge and refuse to learn. My friends complain about Hero's RNG spells but that **** takes my mind all over the screen and I have to quickly think what works best when they can just jump over me while I have the menu up to avoid most of what I can throw.

That being said I cannot think of a reason to explain why Ike's Nair shenanigans isn't stupid as I often trap my friends near the ledge with it and I space well enough that by the time they grab or roll I'm already in the air mashing A again

Sysreq

Smash Ace
if people were worried that Hero or Terry would be niche picks... dude... at least Dragon quest is slightly popular on teh west, and in japan is like friggin mario.
and terry Bogard may be a niche pick in some parts of the world, but still that parts of teh world have had all teh chances to know him...

Have the sakura wars games even oficially relased on the west? i know there was an anime that aired in the west, seen her games in old japanese sega saturn comercials and i know that a new game seem to be coming to teh switch cause i remember seeing it on a japanese direct... is that game even slated to come to the west?

(Outside of that i know nothing of teh series... although i remember watching a couple of the anime episodes back in teh day) Is probably a fake trying to replicate the "Terry" effect IMO.
It seems like one was released in the west, to commercial failure lol. I remember Sakura was also in Project X Zone 1 and 2. The series is super successful in Japan apparently.

D

Deleted member

Instead of linking the video, why not link the 4chan thread (obligatory content warning for possible offensive language/content) and image?

[image of suppsoed leak]
This supposed render is pretty bad. Her hair looks like a piece of cloth, and you could even see some outlines on it as well.

This is probably up there with that SFM Porky trailer awhile back, so we shouldn't take this leak seriously.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
**** like that genuinely makes me think most people just lack fundamentals or basic matchup knowledge and refuse to learn. My friends complain about Hero's RNG spells but that **** takes my mind all over the screen and I have to quickly think what works best when they can just jump over me while I have the menu up to avoid most of what I can throw.

That being said I cannot think of a reason to explain why Ike's Nair shenanigans isn't stupid as I often trap my friends near the ledge with it and I space well enough that by the time they grab or roll I'm already in the air mashing A again
Tell them to learn to parry or stfu!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What is Sakura Wars
What is Sakura Wars
First off, don't post the same post twice in one thread. If your question hasn't been answered, either quote the original post to add on to your question or wait.

Second, the Google Machine is a great tool to use in scenarios like these. I'll give the long and short from Wikipedia.
Sakura Warshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Wars#cite_note-8 is a Japanese steampunk media franchise created by Oji Hiroi and developed and owned by Sega. The first game in the series was released in 1996, and has since spawned five other main entries and numerous spin-off titles since then. The series—set during a fictionalized version of the Taishō period—depicts groups of women with magical abilities using steam-powered mecha to combat demonic threats.

The original Sakura Wars was an ambitious title for the then-in-production Sega Saturn. The first game's overlap of the tactical role-playing, dating sim and visual novel genres prompted Sega to classify it as a "dramatic adventure", a moniker which has endured during the series' lifetime. Both Red Entertainment and Sega co-developed most of the games until 2019, when Sega became the sole developer. While the series has seen continuity in the main actors who could both act and sing as well as composer Kohei Tanaka, several other designers, programmers and animation studios would be employed through a number of games.

The series has sold over four million copies as of 2010, and garnered both critical and popular acclaim. The original Sega console games have been voted among the most popular for the Saturn and Dreamcast. The Sakura Wars franchise includes numerous anime productions, manga, and other media projects such as stage shows. With the exception of Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love and Project Sakura Wars, the video game series has not been released in English. Several of the anime series have been localized for English territories.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The Smash community: "Golly, I'm so glad my favorite childhood characters are playable in this video game that celebrates video games!"

Also the Smash Community: "Ummm, who??? And why???"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I pity the poor soul that made that fake render in hopes of getting more people to know what Sakura Wars is. That's guerrilla marketing right there.

Of course, there's no way Sakura Wars gets in Smash, sorry to say.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Speaking of OSTs... I wonder if Terry will only come with stuff from the first Fatal Fury. All three Pass characters got between 8 to 10 music tracks and 8 to 11 Spirits on their boards.

Songs seem to be safer, as Joker's songs span three games, Hero's span four and Banjo & Kazooie, two. So there's always the chance we'll get some stuff from later FF entries or even Garou, possibly.

Out of the three, only Hero came with Spirits originating from more than one game - and even then, they're enemies that technically appear in the "main" referenced title in their content, so...

I wonder if this will actually be a thing with other third parties as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom