• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah, as someone who really wants Travis and has since Brawl and would be very very happy with a Three Houses rep and Akira Howard, I can't help but hope that all of these things mean something. I'm less hopeful the more time passes about Xenoblade Chronicles X but man, I can dream.
I respect your opinion, but for me, Travis (no more heroes) or Akira (astral chain) would be a heartbreaker along with Chell (portal) or Klonoa. And I don't think I need to explain why.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Every extra Spirit is technically a new copyright agreement to go over for Nintendo, and Three Houses and Astral Chain do originate from studios a little outside of Nintendo's bubble (between Platinum games and Koei Tecmo). I imagine Nintendo can't simply copy-paste any new game content into Smash with zero negotiation.

That doesn't explain why we have DXM spirits so fast, or why we don't have Mario Maker 2 spirits yet, but that's how I see it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I respect your opinion, but for me, Travis (no more heroes) or Akira (astral chain) would be a heartbreaker along with Chell (portal) or Klonoa. And I don't think I need to explain why.
>To you.

Also lol Chell is one of the most iconic videogame characters period wut?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At least be consistent. Astral Chain is first party and you've said you're fine with those.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Agreed, I'm sure nobody wants to hear. You made it very clear that you knock characters based on subjective standards and refuse to listen valid arguments when confronted about this.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also gotta say in general when people say something like "heartbreaker" I get confused.

Sakurai isn't dating you or anything, it's not like he owes you some sort of favor.

If you're "heartbroken" over character choices from his own project, that's on you lmao.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What the heck does Chell and Klonoa have to do with Akira and Travis?? Why even bring them up? At all?

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's a crying shame that we've gotten four Smash games since MM came out and we still only have Termina Field as that game's only song. Clock Town could've had a killer remix, especially that eerie "Night of the Final Day" variant.
Agreed.

Stone Tower Temple would be nice. I'd be down if it got more than one remix and if they put the original version in, too. It's one of the best dungeons in any Zelda game, IMO.

That and an Oath to Order remix.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Sakurai isn't dating you or anything.
You don't know that.

What the heck does Chell and Klonoa have to do with Akira and Travis?? Why even bring them up? At all?
Don't bother. As far as I can tell, this guy likes to just throw out character names that he feels should be discussed in Smash speculation, regardless of whether or not they're relevant to what people are actually talking about.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You don't know that.
I know this is probably a joke (it did give a good laugh ngl) but to be serious for a moment Sakurai is a married man and his wife actually works on the UI for his games lol.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Relevant image (because everything always goes back to Style Savvy):

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
An eye on Story of Seasons
Story of Seasons has 26 different games and exclusive spin-offs at Nintendo. Some games have content from the Mario series (Peach turnip, Power up and Costumes). New games of Story of Seasons and Rune Factory appear continuously. The gameplay can be discussed on the thread. The Fighter appearance would have the originality to propose toony humans (unlike other third humans), with female alt.

According to Nintendo DREAM, Marvelous and Level 5 would be logical choices as Nintendo Associates.
Nintendo DREAM is a Nintendo video game magazine published in Japan. There are several recurring chapters:
- Animal Crossing: mail and artisanal creations of readers,
- Mario: community and promotion space about Mario,
- Zelda: community and folder space about Zelda,
- Kirby: community space and products about Kirby,
- Fire Emblem: community space about Fire Emblem,
- Mother: community space about Mother,
- Pokémon: information about Pokémon,
- [v] Capcomania: information about Capcom,
- [v] Sega & Friends: information about Sega,
- [v] KONAMI channel: information about KONAMI with corner about Power Pro series,
- [v] Bandai Namco Museum: information about Bamco,
- [x] Level 5 Revolution: information about Level 5 and corner by Takuzo Nagano (designer),
- [x] Macanavi Marvelous AQL Navigation: information about Marvelous and comics about Rune Factory series.
ND Harvest Moon.png

Top 15 Most wanted games according to Nintendo DREAM readers
- Oct 2019 : Rune Factory 5 7th (9.4%), Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 9th (7.9%).
- Sept 2019 : Story of Seasons (new work) 8th (7.8%), Rune Factory 4 9th (5.2%), Rune Factory 5 13th (3.7%).
- Aug 2019 : Rune Factory 4 6th, Rune Factory 5 9th, Story of Seasons (new work) 11th.
- July 2019 : Rune Factory 4 6th, Rune Factory 5 8th, Story of Seasons (new work) 10th, Story of Seasons Doraemon 15th.
- May 2019 : Rune Factory 4 5th, Rune Factory 5 6th, Story of Seasons (new work) 8th, Story of Seasons Doraemon 14th.
- April 2019 : Rune Factory 4 6th, Rune Factory 5 7th, Story of Seasons (new work) 13th.

- Sept 8 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 22th, Rune Factory 5 27th.
- Sept 1 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 23th, Rune Factory 5 25th.
- Aug 25 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 24th, Rune Factory 5 26th.
- Aug 11 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 24th, Rune Factory 5 26th.
- Aug 4 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 19th, Rune Factory 5 25th.
- July 28 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 17th, Rune Factory 5 25th.
This is a popularity comparison based on Google searches, although this isn't enough and the comparison criteria aren't always fair. Google is the most used search engine in the US, Europe and Japan (+90%), and is therefore mainly representative of searches on the web. A Google search also makes something unknown become known. Like or don't like a series have the same result to advance the series in the popular culture.
With Google Trends, it would have been easy to predict SMT/Persona, Dragon Quest and, to a lesser extent, The King of Fighters.

Eastern new series ranking by averaging world/japanese results
01 - Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest / Monster Hunter / Resident Evil
02 - Metal Gear > Yo-kai Watch
- Megaman / Tales / Tekken > Persona
03 - Street Fighter / (UNDERTALE) > Dynasty Warriors
04 - Sonic > Devil May Cry / Souls / Digimon / Tamagoshi / ****Story of Seasons****
09 - The King of Fighters / Pac-Man > Ace Attorney / "loose JRPG" (Phantasy Star, Disgaea, Suikoden, Ys, Mystery Dungeon) / Guilty Gear / Puyo Puyo / Tomb Raider / Professor Layton
Then - Project Zero > Bomberman > Castlevania > NieR > Dead or Alive > Bayonetta > Ōkami / SoulCalibur > Ninja Gaiden > Momotaro Dentetsu > Virtua Fighter > Bubble Bobble > The Tower of Druaga > (Shovel Knight) > Ganbare Goemon / Katamari / No More Heroes > (Banjo-Kazooie).

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
At this point, a 3H and S&S rep may just be no more inevitable then :ultincineroar:&:ultcorrin: so I’m prepared for them happening.

Of course since I actually like Byleth’s design, I’ve grown on the idea but that just makes me hope there’s several slots for the additional DLC instead of just one or two so it can save people’s rage for more fan favorites coming later.

Normally, Akira would be another Rex/Springman saved for Smash 6 but since the DLC is starting in development right now, I don’t see them getting screwed in base.

ze9

Smash Ace
I mean...eventually that becomes true of ANY character.

When you get up to character 454, SURPRISE, it's Buck Bumble!
And we still won't have Dixie Kong by then.
No but really, Travis is kinda like Bayonetta and Banjo, in the "honorary Nintendo character" camp. Only difference is that No More Heroes never became as big as the other two (that could change), but it's still a series that Nintendo has been heavily involved into and that they like to push.

youvebeanhacked

Smash Rookie
What company do you guys think will get the next rep? I am hoping after the first fighters pass that it will have some first parties.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
User was warned for this post: flaming/harassment
<content redacted>

Your opinions aren't backed by anything and you don't know how to respectfully argue them. Seriously man, just quit it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly it's funny to me that there are people complaining about a lack of first parties when banjo was added for that exact part of the fanbase and those people get hella upset about the implication that Disaster Lesbian might get in
"But Disaster Lesbian isn't the capped mook that I asked for!" XO

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Honestly it's funny to me that there are people complaining about a lack of first parties when banjo was added for that exact part of the fanbase
I feeeel this. Banjo will always be a Nintendo character. Maybe we'll get some Nintendo characters in the future, but to me Smash is already complete in terms of representing every franchise that impacted Nintendo's history.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feeeel this. Banjo will always be a Nintendo character. Maybe we'll get some Nintendo characters in the future, but to me Smash is already complete in terms of representing every franchise that impacted Nintendo's history.
It's funny as when that asshole bear got confirmed they were all "Oh thank youuuu we'll never ask for anything agai-**** TERRY WHAT THE ACTUAL **** HACKURAI"

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I'm hoping that Reinhardt and/or Hector from Fire Emblem get in, Steve from Minecraft, Geno from Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, or the final evolution of Grookey from Pokemon Sword and Shield (When it is revealed to the public). I hope at least ONE of these characters make it in Smash.

Roberk

Smash Champion
It's funny as when that ******* bear got confirmed they were all "Oh thank youuuu we'll never ask for anything agai-**** TERRY WHAT THE ACTUAL **** HACKURAI"
“We want a retro rep with an influence on the industry and their genre.”
Terry revealed
“Not you.”

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Terry revealed
“Not you.”
While Terry is objectively more niche than Banjo, you cant complain about Terry while begging for the bear and bird

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean...it's not obvious, if that's what you're thinking. But I don't think anyone really wants you to explain.

What company do you guys think will get the next rep? I am hoping after the first fighters pass that it will have some first parties.
Koei or ArcSys.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I never understood the genuine hate for Terry, like I can understand disappointment or disinterest, hell I initially felt the same way about an SNK character but that was only a matter of who I preferred instead rather then the actual characters themselves.

That and I never played any of their games so sue me. :p

And whenever I called him Hat/Trucker Ken, it was mostly done as a joke...even though I legit thought he was too similar to Ken.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Do you actually want to play as it or just fill a quota?
I think that i started to put serperior on wishlist mailny because while it fills a quota (grass starter, fifth gen) it's a character that i actually want to play as T.T

But yeah.. i don't think anyone is asking the grookey third evo because they want to play with them.... (i mean...we literally know nothing about it, except that it may be a monkey? (not even 100% sure))

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I never understood the genuine hate for Terry, like I can understand disappointment or disinterest,
I can't even understand the disappointment or disinterest.

Look at that trucker hat!

Do you actually want to play as it or just fill a quota?
I used to care about filling quota's with Pokemon, but when Ultimate started overlapping types and starters, it broke me of that and I no longer care about Pokemon in Smash.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And whenever I called him Hat/Trucker Ken, it was mostly done as a joke...even though I legit thought he was too similar to Ken.
Capcom and SNK are aware that they're similar anyway.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
While Terry is objectively more niche than Banjo, you cant complain about Terry while begging for the bear and bird
That's very subjective imo.
I like Banjo but, with all the respect, he and Kazooie aren't Mario, Ryu, Cloud or Snake to consider him objectively less niche than Terry.

If you ask me is the other way around. When people discuss about which character is more popular a lot of times things change with different perspectives.
I didn't know about Banjo until a few years ago while I could recognize Terry's design even if I've barely played traditional fighting games in my life.

That's my experience of course but talking in general terms: players who are very linked to Nintendo games and platformer games will probably know about Banjo before Terry but players who are more into fighting games and grew up playing arcade games will probably know Terry before Banjo.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Terry revealed
“Not you.”
"We want something not icky anime human!"

*Sakurai adds a Pokemon*

"Who asked for you?!"

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Broke: Asking for the 3rd Grookey evolution we know nothing about
Woke: Asking for Sirfetch'd, the absolute chad duck that we've seen in all of its glory

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Broke: Asking for the 3rd Grookey evolution we know nothing about
Woke: Asking for Sirfetch'd, the absolute chad duck that we've seen in all of its glory
Agreed completely, plus we get that lance user we've been asking for!

Also who's Disaster Lesbian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom