• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I like Kat and her games, she's really cool.
About Sony rep as I always said it probably would be Kratos, honestly the best way to represent Playstation at least nowadays. Kat would be cool but if a Sony rep is at this day impossible, she's even more impossible than that xD

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultbowser: I’m certain none of Bowser’s specials except Fire Breath come from the Mario games.
Please play Super Mario Bros. 3. It's legitimately my favorite 2D Mario.

Bowser Bomb comes from his SMB3 bossfight.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
So here's a (probably not) original game, who's your most wanted character and what song would you want to be remixed to accompany their reveal?

I want Travis Touchdown, and my dream is for them to do a Smash version of Kill or be Killed

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ngl I honestly think people need to let go of an Undertale Fighter as DLC.

Considering how small of a brand it is and it only having one game( and a half) I think we were honestly fortunate to get a Mii Costume and a ****ing REMIX.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Considering how small of a brand it is and it only having one game( and a half) I think we were honestly fortunate to get a Mii Costume and a ****ing REMIX.
This.

That and I'm getting sick of these damn Sans memes all over the internet. Can't stand that character anymore.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about Fire Emblem and whether its representation is fair or not, but I think we're all grossly overlooking the most tragic and important point made on the matter:

Fire Emblem's most popular character is still stuck as an assist trophy.

whyamicrying.jpg

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Agreed. It's a very good game but we wouldn't have gotten the Mii Costume now if we were getting Frisk later down the line. Furthermore many indies of equal or greater legacy have been relegated to Assists and Spirits, it wouldn't be fair for Undertale to get special treatment. The Sans costume and music are great, but an indie with Legacy should have the first indie rep slot. Such as Cave Story

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
How about The Knight from Hollow Knight as an indie rep? With Silksong coming to Switch as well.

Although he could realistically work as a Mii Sword Fighter costume

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Agreed. It's a very good game but we wouldn't have gotten the Mii Costume now if we were getting Frisk later down the line. Furthermore many indies of equal or greater legacy have been relegated to Assists and Spirits, it wouldn't be fair for Undertale to get special treatment. The Sans costume and music are great, but an indie with Legacy should have the first indie rep slot. Such as Cave Story
I would be inclined to agree but Nicalis is garbage and they stole the rights to Cave Story from Pixel so I honestly can’t see Sakurai going for that.

Tbh I feel like the most likely indies atm are Shantae and Gunvolt. (IKB4 someone brings up Reimu but I’m skeptical on her, just a gut feeling)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would be inclined to agree but Nicalis is garbage and they stole the rights to Cave Story from Pixel so I honestly can’t see Sakurai going for that.

Tbh I feel like the most likely indies atm are Shantae and Gunvolt. (IKB4 someone brings up Reimu but I’m skeptical on her, just a gut feeling)
Didn't stop Snake from coming back.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sometimes the most dangerous opponents are the ones you don't see coming.
Me: *Reads post*
My Brain: "You'll never see it COMIIIIIIIIING!"
Me: "Brain! Brain no!"
My Brain: "You'll see that my mind is to fast for eyes! You're DONE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN"
Me: "NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Watch our new Xenoblade rep be from Xenoblade Chronicles 1 Remake.
My guess would be either Dunban, Ryn, or Melia. Sharla's popularity seems to be dwarfed by the rest of the cast, Seven is a giant spoiler (I suppose they've already spoiled it but I'd rather not have it so blatant), and Riki is an assist trophy and is therefore disconfirmed until proven otherwise. Ryn would be a unique addition in terms of fighting style (though not necessarily gameplay wise), Dunban would be the coolest character, and Melia would be the most interesting. From those three I'd pick Melia.

So here's a (probably not) original game, who's your most wanted character and what song would you want to be remixed to accompany their reveal?

I want Travis Touchdown, and my dream is for them to do a Smash version of Kill or be Killed
Amaterasu with a remix of Giving Kushinanda a Ride (or Kushi's Ride, I'm not sure which one is the official name). They had better not touch the masterpiece that is The Sun Rises. Marvel Vs. Capcom tried a remix and it was awful (or maybe I just don't like techno).

Not Having Quote in Smash.
Dealing with a not so good company.
Lesser of two evils?

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Melia would be great, she's way more interesting than Rex or Elma to me.
Her fighting style in XB1 is, like, made for Smash, and would make for a very interesting moveset. A bit gimmicky, but probably really really fun. Too bad she's never happening, unless the remake promotes her to co-protagonist or something.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly I can see Fiora becoming DLC upon XBDE coming out, and since Chrom has set a precedent for playable characters being in a FS or victory screen (as also evidenced by Mario in one of Piranha Plant’s victory screens...)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Honestly I can see Fiora becoming DLC upon XBDE coming out, and since Chrom has set a precedent for playable characters being in a FS or victory screen (as also evidenced by Mario in one of Piranha Plant’s victory screens...)
I completely agree 100%, before DE was announced I was skeptical of her chances but since Monolith have been pushing her as a de-facto mascot of the series, they have a model and skeleton they can use as a basis for her character, Chrom proved being in a Final Smash means nothing, she's relevant now that her game is getting a remake, would be very unique due to her twin blades and Drones, and an existing character from a well-received game just like the Luminary was for Dragon Quest 11S?

I legitimately think her chances have skyrocketed, she just seems like an obvious choice for new first-party characters they could add. I legit think she has a good shot of making it this time.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

Daemon X Machina Spirits are gonna be added soon

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey so

Umm well then... Was not expecting it to be represented in Smash since it's entirely owned by Marvelous but color me surprised...

(p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶s̶u̶k̶a̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶S̶m̶a̶s̶h̶.̶.̶.̶ )

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And Konami is also a Japanese company, always owned Snake, and Kojima gave his blessing to Sakurai before his inclusion, so it’s a pretty different situation.
I don't think it matters. Nintendo is willing to deal with ****ty companies.
Hey so

Pretty crazy for a third-party title.

Honestly it's probably a desperate tactic because it must be selling poorly.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But...The spoilers. THE SPOILE-awforgettit.
To that I say:ultsheik: and :ultlucina: would like a word with you. :p

I personally don't think spoilers matter in the context of Smash as long as the character is important and/or fun to play and adds something interesting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I personally don't think spoilers matter in the context of Smash as long as the character is important and/or fun to play and adds something interesting.
Also, Lucas’s Brawl trophy and Palutena’s trailer casually name dropping the Chaos Kin say hi

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hey so

How cool! Funny how we don't have Three Houses or Astral Chain spirits yet despite this...

Not that it means anything of course, but hey.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also, Lucas’s Brawl trophy and Palutena’s trailer casually name dropping the Chaos Kin say hi
Oh that's right, completely forgot they spoiled the entirety of Mother 3 in one trophy description lmao.

At least that's a way to get around the lack of a localization amiright? :troll:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey so

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

That said, I do hope Astral Chain or Three Houses don't end up getting shafted as Spirits when they've got plenty of potential for new Nintendo newcomers - Akira Howard for Astral Chain and Byleth or the House Leaders.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I mean Nintendo did publish it worldwide (as in everywhere that isn't Japan), so it's quite possibly something they may have some sort of bigger stake in the IP that makes this a pretty easy inclusion. I'd say this had to be planned ages ago anyway seeing as they seem to be coordinating a lot of Spirits with releases anyway.

It's more curious which titles have gotten Spirits and which ones have not. Super Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem Three Houses have yet to get any, but Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe have... I don't understand their Spirit approach at all, but I don't think it tells us anything either.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Well, my most wanted is Midna...although her theme is already remixed in Smash Ultimate so...

Let's go with Gerudo Desert!

Roberk

Smash Champion

Daemon X Machina is a Nintendo IP, it's just developed by a third-party developer (Marvelous). It's in the same boat as Astral Chain being developed by Platinum but as a first-party Nintendo IP.

andree123

Smash Ace
Hey so

Why not the ones from Astral Chain?

Are they saving them as Mii costumes?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Hey so

Wow, not even Astral Chain got spirits. I'm going to buy Daemon X eventually, so I think this is pretty cool. For a game that came out way after the fact, I'm excited that it got representation of any kind.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Daemon X Machina is a Nintendo IP, it's just developed by a third-party developer (Marvelous). It's in the same boat as Astral Chain being developed by Platinum but as a first-party Nintendo IP.
Not exactly. Nintendo's only publishing DXM internationally, it's Marveleous's game in Japan. Whereas Astral Chain was published by Nintendo worldwide.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
im actually low key hoping the DXM spirits will be a tie in for Elma becoming a Spirit promotion

Cause Skells and whatnot

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Not exactly. Nintendo's only publishing DXM worldwide, it's Marveleous's game in Japan. Whereas Astral Chain was published by Nintendo worldwide.
Yeah the copyrights for the game are also entirely credited to Marvelous, Nintendo doesn’t own the IP at all so it’s completely third-party.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Jim Blinds.jpg

>Astral Chain and Three Houses reps when they still haven't gotten Spirits while other recent games like DXM and Link's Awakening have.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I'll give you Sheik but knowing that "Marth" is actually Lucina doesn't impact the story for you that much. Sure she looses the mystery but the story is still just as good.
Knowing about Mecha Fiora turns a sad scene that gives the main characters their motiviations into "Oh no. I'm sure she'll stay dead.".
Is that even a spoiler though? The creature gets name dropped at the very start of the ark.

EDIT: Also, I think it's weird that Daemon X Machina is getting spirit representations since it seems to be the "Oh yeah. That game exists." of the year. Then again it's gotten enough spotlight that people (myself included) assumed it was a Nintendo IP.

Last edited:

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about battle toads to be super smash bros characters? Im kinda bummed/shocked theres not alot of rallying for those characters, now that banjo kazooie broke the ice, they should be the next retro character like simon and mega man! They are pretty recognizable for having one of the most hardest nes games in gaming culture and , they had alot of fighting moves and ideas that can be transfered into super smash bros. Thier morphing moves would be really unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom