• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y’all and your FE and AC wishes...

We all know ? Block is the next Nintendo newcomer!

Also I have no idea about a FE or AC newcomer simply because I have yet to play either. College and all...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I mean...it's not obvious, if that's what you're thinking. But I don't think anyone really wants you to explain.

Koei or ArcSys.
I really REALLY would love Sol Badguy in smash... while not my favourite Guilty gear character by a faar margin... it's one of the few fighting game protagonists i really like.

And dang, while i actually like Blaz Blue... Ragna design exemplifies everything i don't like about anime designs. (stupid hair just because its mandatory to be spiky, over edginess withouth teh personality to back it up, weird as **** simple yet overdesigned clothes that would be a nightmare to wear)

on teh other hand, Sol exemplifies everything i Love about anime designs (over the top design with hair and lines that compliment the character motions and angles, not afraid of exagerating while still keeping a constint anatomy with the character, tons of details into facial expresions, while keeping it still anatomically consistent, not afraid of going the extra mile in order to strike a pose... etc...)

Plus i really really like GGs game, even if i never entered into competitive GG.

D

Deleted member

People are still responding to the sonic OC? huh

Has there been a mii costume from Namco in the dlc release? If not, what are Namco's chances of getting a character?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Namco seems to be very conservative about adding their characters (no additions since the Smash 4 base roster cycle), so it's a coin toss at this point. And so far no Namco costumes have made it into Smash, more than likely they'll come with a Namco character if they add one.

D

Deleted member

I really REALLY would love Sol Badguy in smash... while not my favourite Guilty gear character by a faar margin... it's one of the few fighting game protagonists i really like.

And dang, while i actually like Blaz Blue... Ragna design exemplifies everything i don't like about anime designs. (stupid hair just because its mandatory to be spiky, over edginess withouth teh personality to back it up, weird as **** simple yet overdesigned clothes that would be a nightmare to wear)

on teh other hand, Sol exemplifies everything i Love about anime designs (over the top design with hair and lines that compliment the character motions and angles, not afraid of exagerating while still keeping a constint anatomy with the character, tons of details into facial expresions, while keeping it still anatomically consistent, not afraid of going the extra mile in order to strike a pose... etc...)

Plus i really really like GGs game, even if i never entered into competitive GG.
Can't go wrong when the main character is a Queen fan.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
Do you actually want to play as it or just fill a quota?
I want to play as it. The moveset would be pretty unique I bet, and I think it would be an awesome fighter to play as.

I was saying about when the final evolution of Grookey gets revealed... I think it would be awesome to play as.

D

Deleted member

I want to play as it. The moveset would be pretty unique I bet, and I think it would be an awesome fighter to play as.
Are you from the future? Because the final evolution hasn't even been revealed.

So there isn't any Namco costume in the game not even including the ones from previous game, Namco character confirmed? Just joking, but I find it weird.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's funny as when that ******* bear got confirmed they were all "Oh thank youuuu we'll never ask for anything agai-**** TERRY WHAT THE ACTUAL **** HACKURAI"
Smash fans really are like children asking for a toy in this regard and then getting pissed off their sibling gets the next toy:

Fan -"I'll never ask you for anything again if I get *insert Smash Bubble character here*."
Sakurai - "Fine, just remember how much this one cost and how hard it was for me to get!"
Fan - "Thank you Mr. Sakurai!"

One Week Later, Sakurai gets the other kid a toy because he loves all his children equally like a good parent (except Alph)

Fan - "YOU BOUGHT THEM A TOY, WHAT THE ****! I WANTED A TOY THIS WEEK TOO!"
Sakurai - "I just got you a toy last week. I have other children who also want toys and I can only get one at a time. Also, didn't you say you wouldn't ask for me anything again?"
Fan - "WAHHHHHH, I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS, GIVE ME TOYS I LIKE!!! AND I WAS CLEARLY LYING SO YOU'D GET ME THAT ONE. GIVE ME AND ONLY ME ALL THE TOYS I WANT!!!"
Sakurai - "...You know what? **** it, you're getting Fire Emblem next time."

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Hey so

Daemon X Machina Spirits are gonna be added soon

I know this is just a sprit board announcement but I wonder if This is a tease/hint for a marvelous rep.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still don't understand requesting characters you know nothing about. How confident can you be to know you might not hate the character?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Smash fans really are like children asking for a toy in this regard and then getting pissed off their sibling gets the next toy:

Fan -"I'll never ask you for anything again if I get *insert Smash Bubble character here*."
Sakurai - "Fine, just remember how much this one cost and how hard it was for me to get!"

One Week Later, Sakurai gets the other kid a toy because he loves all his children equally like a good parent (except Alph)

Sakurai - "I just got you a toy last week. I have other children who also want toys and I can only get one at a time. Also, didn't you say you wouldn't ask for me anything again?"
Fan - "WAHHHHHH, I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS, GIVE ME TOYS I LIKE!!! AND I WAS CLEARLY LYING SO YOU'D GET ME THAT ONE. GIVE ME AND ONLY ME ALL THE TOYS I WANT!!!"
Don't say that too loud, last time I posted that I earned myself a stalker who kept harassing me for quite a while

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT GETS REVEALED. It will probably be unique to Smash, and I think it would be awesome. No I am not from the future, but I do hope it will be in Smash and be awesome.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What company do you guys think will get the next rep? I am hoping after the first fighters pass that it will have some first parties.
For expectations, Koei-Tecmo Games, Bethesda Softworks, or Activision.

For wants, Spike Chunsoft and Disney for Danganronpa and Kingdom Hearts respectively.

For first-parties... I guess CyGames and Platinum Games since Dragalia and Astral Chain are really the only first-parties at this rate that make sense.

D

Deleted member

I WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT GETS REVEALED. It will probably be unique to Smash, and I think it would be awesome. No I am not from the future, but I do hope it will be in Smash and be awesome.
Why are you so sure you're going to like it?

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I know it will be awesome. Every starter I have ever liked ends up with an evolution that I think is awesome. (Except Swampert, but he got that mega tho)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean in fairness we kinda know what to expect from Grookey's final evolution due to leaks and file names and whatnot.

A giant hulking gorilla with a drum.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I mean in fairness we kinda know what to expect from Grookey's final evolution due to leaks and file names and whatnot.

A giant hulking gorilla with a drum.
"Basically Green Dk recolor with his old final smash? :V

Yeah, i know i'm oversimplifying it :p

Edit. Whoops, screwed teh spoiler, now it's good.

Last edited:

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
What if you...
Wanted to go to heaven...
But God said...

Audi famam illius

I actually wonder about that because the "giant hulking gorilla with a drum" wasn't what I was expecting.

I swear tho, if it is just a DK clone then I would be disappointed.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I was thinking the final evolution of Grookey would be inspired by a caveman. We all should know by now that humans evolved from chimpanzees (or some kind of ape or something) and it has a stick in it's "hair", which I think will grow into a giant wooden club. It makes sense, right?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey PlasmaBoy75 PlasmaBoy75 not to mini mod but don’t post several times in a row if someone else hasn’t posted. I suggest you use the edit button instead. :)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

No offense but this is the most eye-rolling thing I’ve read about those darn dang old Smash fans yet.

Why do we compare characters in a fighting game to toys? Sakurai isn’t our parent and yes while he doesn’t owe us anything, we don’t either.

Do I have to remind people that this game is a product no different from any other fighting or Nintendo game that people are asking their characters for? I for the life of me will never understand this “STOP WANTING SOMETHING” mentality.

The Smash Bubble is still a stupid term that basically just means “Think about what the casual public audience wants despite them never actually saying they what they want!”

I’m ready for others to misinterpret this post as me defending the over-exaggerated aggressive complainers who get mad about characters like Hero and Terry but I’m actually glad they’re expanding regional variety while also remembering “Bubble” requests like Banjo.

But frankly, I think it’s silly to assume this whole fandom is a hive mind where they’re only asking for one or two long-time characters when there’s still plenty left.

Last edited:

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
Hey PlasmaBoy75 PlasmaBoy75 not to mini mod but don’t post several times in a row if someone else hasn’t posted. I suggest you use the edit button instead. :)
Sorry
Spes omnibus
Boi its:
Audi famam illius.
Solus in hostes ruit
et patriam servavit.
Audi famam illius.
Cucurrit quaeque tetigit destruens.
Audi famam illius.
Audi famam illius.
Spes omnibus, mihi quoque.
Terror omnibus, mihi quoque.
Ille
iuxta me.
Ille iuxta me.
Socii sunt mihi,
qui olim viri fortes
rivalesque erant.
Saeve certando pugnandoque
splendor crescit.

Wait where the is edit button I'm on phone

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
He ain't got **** on Sol though.
Well, Sol is engineered to be cool. His last name is Badguy!

But it's still gonna be Kunio because that's who Nintendo would want.

In fact, I'm almost convinced ArcSys bought Technos specifically TO get a character into Smash. It happened in 2015, right around when Smash 4's development was winding down.

ArcSys was probably all like: "Nintendo isn't interested in either of our over-the-top anime sword rocker dudes! How are we gonna get into Smash!"

ArcSys Intern: "You know, Kunio has, like, 50 games on Nintendo's systems. And we can probably buy Technos for, like, 200 dollars at this point..."

Wait where the is edit button I'm on phone
I dunno where it is on phones, but for me it's on the bottom left corner of my posts.

Last edited:

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
Well crap.

Edit: found the damn button.

I was thinking the final evolution of Grookey would be inspired by a caveman. We all should know by now that humans evolved from chimpanzees (or some kind of ape or something) and it has a stick in it's "hair", which I think will grow into a giant wooden club. It makes sense, right?
Does anyone think that my GAME theory makes sense? Even a little bit tho?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Sol is engineered to be cool. His last name is Badguy!

But it's still gonna be Kunio because that's who Nintendo would want.

In fact, I'm almost convinced ArcSys bought Technos specifically TO get a character into Smash. It happened in 2015, right around when Smash 4's development was winding down.

ArcSys was probably all like: "Nintendo isn't interested in either of our over-the-top anime sword rocker dudes! How are we gonna get into Smash!"

ArcSys Intern: "You know, Kunio has, like, 50 games on Nintendo's systems. And we can probably buy Technos for, like, 200 dollars at this point..."

I dunno where it is on phones, but for me it's on the bottom left corner of my posts.
What's some ****** got over Sol? Besides Guilty Gear has games on Nintendo consoles. You think Arcsys bought another company so they can get another character in smash? That's pretty dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
No offense but this is the most eye-rolling thing I’ve read about those darn dang old Smash fans yet.

Why do we compare characters in a fighting game to toys? Sakurai isn’t our parent and yes while he doesn’t owe us anything, we don’t either.

Do I have to remind people that this game is a product no different from any other fighting or Nintendo game that people are asking their characters for? I for the life of me will never understand this “STOP WANTING SOMETHING” mentality.

The Smash Bubble is still a stupid term that basically just means “Think about what the casual public audience wants despite them never actually saying they what they want!”

I’m ready for others to misinterpret this post as me defending the over-exaggerated aggressive complainers who get mad about characters like Hero and Terry but I’m actually glad they’re expanding regional variety while also remembering “Bubble” requests like Banjo.

But frankly, I think it’s silly to assume this whole fandom is a hive mind where they’re only asking for one or two long-time characters when there’s still plenty left.
Well, Smash is basically the biggest dumb toy game in existence when you look at it. It's the kids equivalent of smashing a whole bunch of unrelated toys together to have fun. Plus, Smash 64 started off as a toys to life kind of concept in its opening and the toys to life craze from Nintendo came directly from Smash Amiibo. It's just a wonderfully relevant analogy all around, especially when you consider the fact there are many fans who act liked entitled little children and Sakurai has become a mythical figure that might as well be a parental figure to the community.

It has nothing to do with telling others to "stop wanting something" and it has everything to do with dragging people kicking and screaming into reality where they aren't the only ones who will be catered to and that there are more characters than they realize out there that are legitimately desired by many fans of Smash not within the "Bubble" and just as relevant of choices for the game and its overall future. Banjo & Kazooie was basically the biggest dream pick for a great many of people within that bubble, but literally on the next character released, a sizable portion of people threw a fit over Terry because they didn't know him and he wasn't who they wanted.

The "Smash Bubble" doesn't just refer to casual players, it includes a great number of people who seriously enjoy Smash, but don't participate in the insular speculation community in the same way the most hardcore fans of certain characters do. There are multiple sub-groups within the overall population of Smash players that can be marketed and appealed to with inclusions, and their money is absolutely as relevant and good for Nintendo as people from within the "Bubble." The "Smash Bubble" complaints have always been focused on bringing down overzealous fans who overvalue their importance and relevance to the game as a near absolute and act out when things don't go their way. It's more nuanced than Casual vs Hardcore, and even that doesn't actually have much meaning in the Smash community and is an overly simplistic analysis. It's important to market to the bubble of course, and the multiple groups getting character appeals is by far one of the best ways to approach the roster and we're not really bothered by anyone who supports that either. And we don't think the "whole fandom" behaves like a hive mind, just probably more of the fandom than should and they tend to be very insular in their understanding of games and character picks for Smash.

That's all generalization mind you, which is never great, but I do think we've gotten to the point in Ultimate where there's a sizable number of people who are really quite bored of the picks that dominate the traditional "Smash Bubble" landscape and tired of people holding up polls as some "essential guidance" for characters in Smash despite pointing out their numerous issues and flaws. I'd argue there's even a group that looks at this "Smash Bubble" as somewhat holding the game back from what I've seen, but that's getting into other things as well. There's just been a lot of change in the community and less interest in "business as usual Smash speculation."

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
What's some ****** got over Sol?
I ain't got the hours it would take to alleviate your ignorance.

All I will tell you is..."BARF!"

You think Arcsys bought another company so they can get another character in smash?
No, I think they bought another company so they can get ONE character in Smash. Cause Sol and Ragna weren't happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, I think they bought another company so they can get ONE character in Smash. Cause Sol and Ragna weren't happening.
That's ridiculous lol, but alright let's see if that ****** makes it in, because if he does I'm gonna be saving another 5.99$

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I hope this is sarcasm. I really, really hope this is sarcasm in regards to buying a company just so they could be the ones to get into Smash (tone is hard to read without textual indicators)...

Also, this seems like fairly odd gate keeping of Sol since he and Kunio's literal only point of "competition" would be they both originating from the same company despite the fact they would be chosen for entirely different reasons as characters. Not to mention, like, if your goal is representing Arc System Works and its over 20 year legacy, the character from its premiere fighting game series that put it on the map and has been a pseudo mascot for the company for years is a better option than the acquisition they made four years ago of an unrelated character.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

But that's not the smell of the game....

I know the smell of the game.

Anyways.. if we get arksys assist trophies we NEED hypedog.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
User was warned for double posting
I'm happy anime characters are deconfirmed. No Goku, Naruto, Jotaro, Ichigo, etc. Yes I am fully aware that I am saying this while my pfp is the derp Kirby from the Kirby anime.

Smash Fans:
Nintendo: SNK CHARACTER IS COMING TO SMASH SO PREPARE YOUR ANUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom