• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It doesn't matter which company owns the character, Sora is still a video game character. A fully original, made for the Kingdom Hearts video game, video game character.

Donald and Goofy, are not video game characters, obviously. But Sora is.

This is something that shouldn't be debated.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This is something that shouldn't be debated.
Well I do anyway. Video games that are based on a non-video game property are part of that property, not an original video game.

A character created for a Dragon Ball video game is a Dragon Ball character not a video game character.

Is Kingdom Hearts a video game? Or is it based on Disney cartoons/movies? I don't know. That's up to Nintendo.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well I do anyway. Video games that are based on a non-video game property are part of that property, not an original video game.

A character created for a Dragon Ball video game is a Dragon Ball character not a video game character.

Is Kingdom Hearts a video game? Or is it based on Disney cartoons/movies? I don't know. That's up to Nintendo.
But Kingdom Hearts IS a video game IP. Saying Sora doesn't count because he's Disney is like saying Android 21 is first and foremost a Toei character and Dragon Ball second :yoshi:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
But Kingdom Hearts IS a video game IP.
So is Jump Force. But it's made up of non-video game manga properties, with a couple original characters. Those original characters wouldn't be considered "video game characters". They're just OCs in a manga game.

Kingdom Hearts is the same. It's a video game IP, made up of non-video game cartoon and movie properties. Is Sora a video game character? Or is he just an OC in a cartoon/movie game?

Saying Sora doesn't count because he's Disney is like saying Android 21 is first and foremost a Toei character and Dragon Ball second
It's actually the exact opposite of that, and not what I was saying in the first place anyway.

It has nothing to do with him being Disney. It has to do with the KIND of game that Kingdom Hearts is.

Like, Disney owns the Secret of Monkey Island franchise. If the character in question were Guybrush Threepwood, there would be no issue, because Monkey Island is an original video game franchise that isn't based on any non-video game property.

Kingdom Hearts is NOT that, it is a video game based on a bunch of things that AREN'T video game properties.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So is Jump Force. But it's made up of non-video game manga properties, with a couple original characters. Those original characters wouldn't be considered "video game characters". They're just OCs created for a manga game.

Kingdom Hearts is the same. It's a video game IP, made up of non-video game cartoon and movie properties. Is Sora a video game character? Or is he just an OC in a cartoon/movie game?
This is such a bizarre comparison. Shonen Jump is a brand IP in its own right that is owned by Shueisha and many other IPs fall under it. Disney is NOT an IP, it is a company.

And even if we were to count those Jump Force OCs as legitimate video game characters due to a technicality, to compare their contributions stripped of Shueisha content to Sora and the rest of original Kindom Hearts content's contributions stripped of Disney is ludicrous. Nice whataboutism at least...

Roberk

Smash Champion
So is Jump Force. But it's made up of non-video game manga properties, with a couple original characters. Those original characters wouldn't be considered "video game characters". They're just OCs in a manga game.

It's actually the exact opposite of that, and not what I was saying in the first place anyway.

It has nothing to do with him being Disney. It has to do with the KIND of game that Kingdom Hearts is.

Like, Disney owns the Secret of Monkey Island franchise. If the character in question were Guybrush Threepwood, there would be no issue, because Monkey Island is an original video game franchise that isn't based on any non-video game property.

Kingdom Hearts is NOT that, it is a video game based on a bunch of things that AREN'T video game properties.
Kingdom Hearts is its own thing that features non-videogame properties, it's not the same as a Jump Force crossover fighter. It's got its own story, world, and characters apart from the Disney stuff. I'm not a KH fan, but from what I've seen it's got just as much videogame as any other Smash candidate, it just also has some Disney.

TriggerX

Smash Ace

Android 21 and Sora are definitely in different situations. And I definitely wouldn’t compare the situation to jump force.

With android 21 you have a character that was created for a game based on an anime and in some cases ties in with the anime. The lore or world is not separated. It may not be canon, however it’s still part of the same world that uses existing storylines from the show to produce a plot for a game.

Sora on the other hand was created for an Original Video game whose plots intermingle with various stories based on whatever series they collaborate with. But overall the story and world the characters inhabit is very much original

Basically Android 21 can’t work without DBZ. She is literally a part of that series.

Kingdom Hearts in general doesn’t necessarily need Disney to progress their story forward. Disney can be interchanged with any property going future and the story would continue and make sense.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This Thread Has Gone 0 Days Without a "Is Sora a video game character?" Argument.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, speaking of Sora, which version of him do you think we'd get?

I personally lean towards KH3 Sora. I feel like Disney would want to use that version for the sake of advertising KH3. KH2 Sora would be an alt (since KH3 Sora has a KH2 Sora costume via Second Form).

KH3 Sora also has the largest moveset potential, possessing most all of Sora's attacks (minus some magic types from mainline KH and most commands from DDD) and more. If he got a form change mechanic that'd be real cool.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Kingdom Hearts is its own thing that features non-videogame properties, it's not the same as a Jump Force crossover fighter. It's got its own story, world, and characters apart from the Disney stuff.
Uh, no it doesn't. Even the most non-movie portions of that series still contain the likes of Mickey, Yensid,etc.

I'm not a KH fan, but from what I've seen it's got just as much videogame as any other Smash candidate, it just also has some Disney.
Oh, there's no question that there's enough video game-original stuff in KH. It's just a question of whether the non-video game stuff taints it's status, regardless of how much there is.

Android 21 and Sora are definitely in different situations. And I definitely wouldn’t compare the situation to jump force.
Android 21 is Dragon Ball FighterZ, not Jump Force. But can make the necessary substitution in your argument for Galena or Kane.

Kingdom Hearts in general doesn’t necessarily need Disney to progress their story forward. Disney can be interchanged with any property going future and the story would continue and make sense.
What you are describing is only a difference in scope, not a difference in the fundamental nature of what each of those games IS. Which is "A video game crossover of multiple franchises owned by a single company, with some locations/characters/story elements unique to that video game."

Yes, Kingdom Hearts has more video game-original content than Jump Force. But that doesn't change what the game IS.

So, speaking of Sora, which version of him do you think we'd get?
Probably both KH1 for nostalgia and KH3 for relevance.

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
man do i want him more now just to see comments like WHO ASKED FOR THIS or LITERALLY WHO?!!!? but at this point i just wish more smash fans played more games
This may be the smartest take I've ever gotten from this thread, and I thank you for it.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Friendly reminder that Style Savvy will have the best win screen animations:

Bonus win animation:

Shoot, it'd have the best intro animation, too:

There's a lot of characters I'm rooting for, but this will always be my most wanted out of everything. One day... One day I'll truly be able to style on some fools.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Bonus win animation:

There's a lot of characters I'm rooting for, but this will always be my most wanted out of everything. One day... One day I'll truly be able to style on some fools.
Lowkey Style Savvy Stylist is one of my most wanted characters, and is probably one of the most slept on Nintendo properties for Smash.

Flyboy Flyboy and I pretty much constitute the Style Savvy fanclub here, and we're glad to have you on board.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Bonus win animation:

Never played the games, but Flyboy Flyboy and you really sold me the idea. That's how you promote the idea of a newcomer.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The only way I see us ever getting a Style Savy rep is if Sakurai is actually picking the roster again and is looking for a new character to shock and awe the audience with an innovative moveset... But with Nintendo doing the choosing, I don't think she has much of a chance (mostly because I'm convinced Nintendo will kill the series in a post 3DS world, though props on the series for being the one to survive the longest of the DS/Wii era).

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
From what I'm seeing regarding Sora, a lot of arguments center around the negotiation aspects of the character. Though this may or may not be a hurdle, I don't even think he's in the race. Sitting on the bench and part of the team, maybe. But in the race?...not likely. Why? Because I don't think Sakurai views him the same way as other iconic and requested video game characters for one reason: his popularity is centered in a non-gaming company.

Think of it this way. Every character in Smash is impactful, iconic, popular, legendary, interesting, etc., because of their games. Because of this, some of them have TV shows, movies, toys, and other merchandise. However, it's always the games that define them. Even Pokemon with its incredibly impactful anime, I would argue, is still more defined by the games. (Pokemon Go anyone?) Sora is defined by Disney, a non-gaming company. If all of the Final Fantasy characters/aspects were never there and Mickey was the player's main character, I guarantee the game would still be uber successful. Why? Because it's basically Smash Bros, but with Disney universe. There is no part of that concept that wouldn't succeed. Imagine Kingdom Hearts without any Disney elements. None. Would it even be the same game?

I think Sakurai wants to bring gaming worlds together in this, the greatest of all gaming crossovers. Adding Sora would add in a world that isn't uniquely a gaming one, which I think violates that principle.

Don't get me wrong, Sora seems like an interesting pick and has a huge following. I just don't feel like he's as much of a gaming icon as he is a Disney one. And that, to me, makes me feel like he is almost in the same box as Goku and Iron Man.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Even Pokemon with its incredibly impactful anime, I would argue, is still more defined by the games.
That explains why all the Pokemon in Smash speak like they do in the anime.

There is no part of that concept that wouldn't succeed. Imagine Kingdom Hearts without any Disney elements. None. Would it even be the same game?
Pretty much. Disney elements are rarely add anything substantial in KH.

I just don't feel like he's as much of a gaming icon as he is a Disney one.
He's not really a Disney icon, though.

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman

This. This is exactly right. Sora is not defined by his game, he's defined by Disney and its IP. If you took away every Disney element of the game and had fully original characters, worlds, etc., I doubt he would be anywhere close to as POPULAR as he is with the House of Mouse behind him.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
This. This is exactly right. Sora is not defined by his game, he's defined by Disney and its IP. If you took away every Disney element of the game and had fully original characters, worlds, etc., I doubt he would be anywhere close to as POPULAR as he is with the House of Mouse behind him.
That...wasn't exactly my point. But thanks for the support I guess.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
The anime has heavily influenced the games, sure (especially with the case of Mewtwo). But the anime is based on the games, not the other way around. The Pokemon may say their names, but that's nothing compared to everything that the anime pulls from the core games. As silly as your facetious comment is, it couldn't possibly hold up as a legitimate counter to my point.

That...wasn't exactly my point. But thanks for the support I guess.
I wasn't summarizing what you said. I was making a point in the same vein as yours.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Are you telling me that Amingo isn’t a video game character because the series of games he exists in features a bunch Marvel characters?

Damn, and here I thought he was a shoo in for Smash.
EADE7D4E-F5DB-4B1C-B73E-E58BF705F6CE.jpeg

Please put Amingo in more games Capcom.

Last edited:

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman

Pretty much. Disney elements are rarely add anything substantial in KH.

He's not really a Disney icon, though.
I didn't see your other points. My bad. Let address those second two really quick.

Saying the Disney elements rarely add anything to the game is absolutely silly. Dora's maim companions are two of Disney's biggest mascots, they visit various worlds within Disney's pantheon of IP and help its characters...I'm failing to see how Disney isn't deeply woven into the fabric of this game. Sure, the gameplay might not be tied to Disney's IP and the story could exist without Donald, Goofy, etc., but it would be an entirely different game.

That last point...fair enough. He's not a Disney icon, per se. But his popularity is associated with Disney due to the nature of his franchise. If someone says, "Do you know who Sora is?", the response will probably be in the vein of, "Isn't he from that game with all of the different Disney characters in it?"

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
From what I'm seeing regarding Sora, a lot of arguments center around the negotiation aspects of the character. Though this may or may not be a hurdle, I don't even think he's in the race. Sitting on the bench and part of the team, maybe. But in the race?...not likely. Why? Because I don't think Sakurai views him the same way as other iconic and requested video game characters for one reason: his popularity is centered in a non-gaming company.

Think of it this way. Every character in Smash is impactful, iconic, popular, legendary, interesting, etc., because of their games. Because of this, some of them have TV shows, movies, toys, and other merchandise. However, it's always the games that define them. Even Pokemon with its incredibly impactful anime, I would argue, is still more defined by the games. (Pokemon Go anyone?) Sora is defined by Disney, a non-gaming company. If all of the Final Fantasy characters/aspects were never there and Mickey was the player's main character, I guarantee the game would still be uber successful. Why? Because it's basically Smash Bros, but with Disney universe. There is no part of that concept that wouldn't succeed. Imagine Kingdom Hearts without any Disney elements. None. Would it even be the same game?

I think Sakurai wants to bring gaming worlds together in this, the greatest of all gaming crossovers. Adding Sora would add in a world that isn't uniquely a gaming one, which I think violates that principle.

Don't get me wrong, Sora seems like an interesting pick and has a huge following. I just don't feel like he's as much of a gaming icon as he is a Disney one. And that, to me, makes me feel like he is almost in the same box as Goku and Iron Man.
What a work of art. I call this one: The lengths a Smash fan will go to "disconfirm" a character. It's a bit of a lengthy title I know, but I feel like it truly captures the essence of this work.

Being serious, let's attack this argument.
Because I don't think Sakurai views him the same way as other iconic and requested video game characters for one reason: his popularity is centered in a non-gaming company.
Like Square Enix did nothing for the Kingdom Hearts series? Kingdom Hearts started out as Disney x Final Fantasy, which certainly drew people in and made them stay. There's a reason a large criticism of KH3 is a lack of Final Fantasy characters.
Every character in Smash is impactful, iconic, popular, legendary, interesting, etc., because of their games.
What else does Sora have besides a game? It's not like he's in any cartoons or movies or anything. Just the Kingdom Hearts games and some cameos/guest appearances in Final Fantasy games.
Even Pokemon with its incredibly impactful anime, I would argue, is still more defined by the games. (Pokemon Go anyone?).
How about you compare the response to Ash winning the League to Sword and Shield news and tell me which got people more excited. Or how the games continually try to get closer to the anime. Or how the trading card game literally helped Pokémon blow up and become the mass franchise it is today. At this point, the mainline Pokémon games are a sideshow compared to the franchise as a whole.
Sora is defined by Disney, a non-gaming company. If all of the Final Fantasy characters/aspects were never there and Mickey was the player's main character, I guarantee the game would still be uber successful.
You mean like the Epic Mickey series? I mean yeah, those games did well, but nowhere near as well as Kingdom Hearts has. You can compare the overall sales and longevity and it clearly shows.
Imagine Kingdom Hearts without any Disney elements. None. Would it even be the same game?
Kingdom Hearts has more than enough original content to carry itself at this point. Like, you can argue that the Disney aspect is the main draw like NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , but Kingdom Hearts can (arguably) stand well on its own without it. Have you even played the series? Because I get the feeling that based on your argument you have not.
No better way to argue a point than with the classic words "I think." They pretty much prove you're arguing an opinion based on an opinion, and there's no fact at all in this argument.
Don't get me wrong, Sora seems like an interesting pick and has a huge following. I just don't feel like he's as much of a gaming icon as he is a Disney one.
>Sora
>Disney icon
I'm sorry, but even as one of Sora's biggest supporters I wouldn't dare call him a Disney icon. Mickey Mouse, Iron Man, and Elsa are Disney icons. Sora is lucky to show up as a silhouette on a D23 Gold Print behind those characters. There's a reason Disney acknowledging Kingdom Hearts makes news when it happens: because they never do. Kingdom Hearts is at most a high B tier franchise for Disney compared to their other series.
And that, to me, makes me feel like he is almost in the same box as Goku and Iron Man.
Has he been mentioned with Goku and Iron Man? No. Therefore, he is not in the same box as them. He's not even anywhere near the box they're in. Since Kingdom Hearts is a video game. Not a cartoon, not a movie, not a book. A video game.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm saying that's a possibility, depending on how Nintendo chooses to view it.
Something being technically possible doesn't mean it's remotely probable. It's not an argument that makes much sense, and as you've found hardly anyone shares it, so the chance of Sakurai of all people agreeing with that is infinitesimal.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
At this point you're arguing a possibility over an actual point.

Like, of course it's a possibility. But it's also a possibility that the sun goes supernova in the next minute and wipes out all of humanity. We can go back and forth about such possibilities, but they're too relative to really do anything but say "nuh uh" and "yeah huh" back and forth.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Saying Sora doesn't deserve to be in Smash because he's a Disney icon is like saying Sans or Waluigi don't deserve to be in Smash because they're memes. Did the character originate in a video game, and did they originate from a series that was originally meant to be a video game? It doesn't ****ing matter how they got their popularity or not, they originated in a video game. Kingdom Hearts got its popularity as a video game and has a massive reputation in the video game community as a gaming series.

As others have pointed out Pokemon only got to be as big as it is because of it being a multimedia franchise that spawned multiple different forms of entertainment that were often more popular than the main series itself. Hell, we generally agreed a couple days ago that Agumon and Digimon counted as video game characters becaused they started out as virtual pets despite the fact that the anime generally eclipsed the games and is more known to people widely speaking. So, why does it matter with Sora?

Hell, we already have non video game content in Smash through Cloud's Advent Children costume, which originated in a film! And that's specifically Square Enix related too!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Uh, no it doesn't. Even the most non-movie portions of that series still contain the likes of Mickey, Yensid,etc.

Oh, there's no question that there's enough video game-original stuff in KH. It's just a question of whether the non-video game stuff taints it's status, regardless of how much there is.

Android 21 is Dragon Ball FighterZ, not Jump Force. But can make the necessary substitution in your argument for Galena or Kane.

What you are describing is only a difference in scope, not a difference in the fundamental nature of what each of those games IS. Which is "A video game crossover of multiple franchises owned by a single company, with some locations/characters/story elements unique to that video game."

Yes, Kingdom Hearts has more video game-original content than Jump Force. But that doesn't change what the game IS.

Probably both KH1 for nostalgia and KH3 for relevance.
Kingdom Hearts is an odd series, it was literally designed to be a weird 'what if Disney met Final Fantasy' game.
Regardless, no one calls Kingdom Hearts a 'movie/cartoon game' they just call it a 'video game', as opposed to your example which just about everyone refers to as 'Anime Games'
Unlike the OCs in those games, Sora is also the main character.
Fact is, regardless of how we go about this, it's just going to be a subjective opinion vs a subjective opinion.
My opinion is that, as a character originating from a video game and known almost exclusively for video games, Sora is a video game character..honestly the same goes for the OCs from those games, but as they are not the main characters in their games and clearly not the focus of them, they really aren't very important overall. Contrast that with Sora, who even in Kingdom Hearts 1, the game was primarily about him and his goals. I'm inclined to believe Square-Enix, and likely many of those in the industry, see him as one as well, hence his appearances outside of his series being in Final Fantasy Crossover Titles whereas the only Disney title he's currently been in is that Disney Emoji Puzzle game..which is still a game..

Another important thing to consider is what Sakurai said.
"The character must carry gaming history with them"
This would be why those OCs from Anime Games wouldn't be considered for Super Smash Bros, they are not primarily known for video games, nor are the characters from manga/anime that appear in them. Sora, on the other hand, is almost exclusively known for the video games in which they appear and is likely the most well known character when it comes to both Action RPGs and Crossover Games (like known primarily for the crossover rather than anything else)..both things I'd consider somewhat notable.

KatKit

Smash Lord
...Is it really that good?
Aside from the games being solid, Style Savvy has a lot going for it, as far as arbitrary reasons we come up with for wanting characters in Smash. Let's recap:

First party? Check. Relatively recent IP with no playable reps? You know it. Is it a world Smash explored? There's no fashion/business simulator hybrid characters in sight. Moreover, the series originated from a console that was mostly overlooked when it came to playable reps: The Nintendo DS. Is it popular? Popular enough to have four games since 2008, and it's likely that more are on the way. Would it benefit from advertisement? Absolutely! It caters to a large demographic that Smash doesn't really try to cater to: little girls. Would a style Savvy rep be fun? That's subjective, but what I can say is that she'd be an unorthodox non-combatant type character that will allow Sakurai to be creative with her moveset. Personally, I think it will be hard to make a sassy, ovaries-to-the-wall, overtly feminine fashionista/entrepreneur boring in a fighting game. Imagine coming back from a stock deficit and yelling "clutch!" as you literally pummel someone with a clutch purse and proceed to disrespect them with a perfect catwalk strut. Any other miscellaneous things that might interest me? Well, she'd most likely be an avatar character with different clothing/skin tones/hair styles and/or hair colors for each outfit. The series has more games than Mother and more songs in Smash than Final Fantasy (and many 'Other' series with songs in Smash in general). Also, some of the devs behind Style Savvy made one of the greatest wrestling games of all time: No Mercy. And despite having a lot going for her, she'd still somehow be unexpected.

This idea sells itself!

I wonder how many people in this topic played with toys as children. Imagine some kids playing with their Transformer, Power Ranger, and Spiderman toys and making them fight one another. That is Smash in a nutshell: zany massive crossover fun. Now, I was the girl who brought dolls to that fight and still had a blast. A Style Savvy rep would be that doll.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I do have to apologize though, misunderstood the jump force argument. Yes, I would actually completely agree that the Original characters from that game fall in the same category as Sora.
Most definitely. Jump Force is Video game series with an original story I assume, so why not?

Idk know what that proves tho?
Just cuz the original characters are qualified choices doesn’t open the flood gates for properties that have an origin other than video games.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Today in "things that might be related to Smash but probably aren't:"

Lloyd Irving's original VA is doing something interesting. Christina Vee Fortnite-level tease, or Adam Howden "Shulk is coming to Smash guys"-level tease?

You decide!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Today in "things that might be related to Smash but probably aren't:"

Lloyd Irving's original VA is doing something interesting. Christina Vee Fortnite-level tease, or Adam Howden "Shulk is coming to Smash guys"-level tease?

You decide!
Isn’t Scott Menville part of a Union? That would likely be an issue with him in Smash... though if there were ever a reason to go against your union interests as a voice actor, Smash would be that reason...

Tales definitely feels like it deserves a rep with how big of a series it is regardless and Lloyd was once a heavily requested character and still shows up on several polls.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Isn’t Scott Menville part of a Union? That would likely be an issue with him in Smash... though if there were ever a reason to go against your union interests as a voice actor, Smash would be that reason...

Tales definitely feels like it deserves a rep with how big of a series it is regardless and Lloyd was once a heavily requested character and still shows up on several polls.
I'm pretty sure David Hayter returned to reprise Snake in Ultimate despite being with a union.

Just saying.

NickoRaptor

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure David Hayter returned to reprise Snake in Ultimate despite being with a union.

Just saying.
He didn't, they just re-used his Brawl lines. That's why there's no codec calls for characters that weren't in Brawl on the Shadow Moses stage.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
He didn't, they just re-used his Brawl lines. That's why there's no codec calls for characters that weren't in Brawl on the Shadow Moses stage.
I don't think to be part of a union or not matters that much in the grand scheme of things. Also, the NDA thing is likely for a new Arkham Game since he played Batman in Arkham Origins. There have been rumors of a new Court of Owls themed game, and another voice actor for the Arkham games has been teasing something DC related.

Also, unrelated, but I'm stealing your sig pic.

Last edited:

NickoRaptor

Smash Cadet
I don't think to be part of a union or not matters that much in the grand scheme of things. Also, the NDA thing is likely for a new Arkham Game since he played Batman in Arkham Origins. There have been rumors of a new Court of Owls themed game, and another voice actor for the Arkham games has been teasing something DC related.

Also, unrelated, but I'm stealing your sig pic.
I thought they had to replace Viridi's voice actor because they were part of a union? Also, isn't the only reason that Cloud doesn't have an English voice because the only one allowed to voice Cloud in English is in a union? Maybe I was misinformed but I remember that being the case.

And your theft flatters me.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's not an argument that makes much sense, and as you've found hardly anyone shares it, so the chance of Sakurai of all people agreeing with that is infinitesimal.
Well, I disagree. It's a series of things that all share the same set of circumstances, where one of those things is treated differently simply because it's more popular. As if being more popular somehow means those circumstances no longer apply.

And a lack of support doesn't negate the logic of that conclusion. Wtf even is that? "Oh, your argument is wrong because it didn't get as many Likes." As if that has any basis on anything.

We can go back and forth about such possibilities, but they're too relative to really do anything but say "nuh uh" and "yeah huh" back and forth.
I was mostly willing to let it drop until someone said "This is something that shouldn't be debated."

Well, no, it absolutely can be debated, because there's no evidence of any official capacity one way or the other. It's mostly just Sora fans refusing to acknowledge that it even COULD be true, because of what that would mean.

The simple fact is, Sakurai has said no non-video game characters. And so far, no video games that straddle that line the way KH does have gotten in either. But he also hasn't ruled out games like that. So it could go either way. But people that are acting like it's only a 1% chance are fooling themselves. It's not as unlikely as they're HOPING that it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom