• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Do tell why you find Porky realistic then because you'd be the first one seeing him likely without this argument.
I thought the ending of my post and using “stan” made it clear I was having some fun anyway ._.

In a truly realistic view, yes, Porky has little chance unless they considered another Mother character, but they probably didn’t and so the only reason why I bring him up is out of hope and fun, to be honest.

However, I do think Waluigi is a strong contender at least.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Geno is only getting in if both Nintendo and Square Enix want him as a fighter. I don't think they do.
I don't think it's an active dislike of the character or anything, I think it's just a different sense of priority for the companies in Smash. Truth be told, Cloud, Hero, and Sephiroth have all made different people's dreams come true in Smash in crazy different ways and they're all incredibly iconic characters in their own right, and they specifically come from IPs Square Enix has a huge interest in seeing pushed and I think Nintendo recognizes the weight of names like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest first and foremost. I don't think it was ever anything against Geno or his fans, and I'm sure in some ways they even really appreciated that fandom and were happy to go out of their way to give him the nod with the costume. He just wasn't a priority relative to Square Enix's absolutely insane titans that they hold the keys to.

And this isn't directed at you, but I guess in general. I'm a long time Geno fan long run out of the thread for a variety of reasons, but I still held some minor piece of hope he'd get in eventually. I fully expected the Mii Costume to come back, and I was disappointed to see I was right... but I wasn't really ready for how much it would personally leave just a little pang in my heart for his absence. He was always a long shot, and something is better than nothing of course, but I do think finally seeing this day arrive still had an impact on me. I don't harbor any ill will towards Sakurai, Nintendo, or Square Enix for that, nor do I think my efforts as a fan were of particular value so as to feel slighted by him not being included... but it's still a shame to not see him join the roster at the end of all of this. I'm far from a beloved Geno fan, but to those who still care, I do feel that pain after seeing him miss the boat for Ultimate with you all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought the ending of my post and using “stan” made it clear I was having some fun anyway ._.

In a truly realistic view, yes, Porky has little chance unless they considered another Mother character, but they probably didn’t and so the only reason why I bring him up is out of hope and fun, to be honest.

However, I do think Waluigi is a strong contender at least.
Oh I missed the sarcasm, my bad. Also looking at my post you quoted that probably sounded a lot more mean spirited than I intended lmao.

Yeah Waluigi's always been seen as the most likely AT promotion. I personally don't see any AT promotions happening at all for DLC but my bias says Alucard's got the best shot as he's the only one we know for a fact was considered playable with his main issue for the base roster no longer applying. His main issue now is being an AT lmao

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Because Max speculated on something?

Like, I know he's an FF7 superfan, but he doesn't actually KNOW what those characters cost. He's just assuming.
He knows a dev on Superbot, the studio that developed Playstation Battle All-Stars Royale, so he maybe knows some stuff like fee cost or something.

We know that Superbot devs wanted characters like Crash, Cloud, Ryu Hayabusa and Lara Croft, and neither of them got into that game because of budget reasons (the game didn’t sell well initially, so Sony didn’t increase the budget for more DLC).

I don’t know (probably not) if he has smash sources.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Since Sega and Capcom are the only third-parties left that haven't gotten content yet in this pass (aside from SNK), I think at least one Nintendo character is coming. If the Monster Hunter costumes return in the next bundle and the character isn't from Capcom, I'd probably start leaning toward the rest of the pass being Nintendo or new companies.
At this point I feel like it's impossible to predict what will happen. Who here even thought Sephiroth was likely? Not many. Maybe the rest will all be SEGA reps? Maybe we'll get another Microsoft fighter? Maybe they'll all just be Nintendo? Who can say?

Yeah if you can't tell, Sephiroth has kinda broken me in terms of my ability to speculate. He really threw me off and I can't anticipate anything at this point.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If we get another Nintendo character it’ll likely be a BotW 2 character or a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Maaaaaaybe Rex and/or Pyra or another Xenoblade rep (which is what I’d hope for).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He knows a dev on Superbot, the studio that developed Playstation Battle All-Stars Royale, so he maybe knows some stuff like fee cost or something.

We know that Superbot devs wanted characters like Crash, Cloud, Ryu Hayabusa and Lara Croft, and neither of them got into that game because of budget reasons (the game didn’t sell well initially, so Sony didn’t increase the budget for more DLC).

I don’t know (probably not) if he has smash sources.
I was under the impression that Lara was denied because SE wanted to see how people received the reboot before pushing the reboot for a crossover unlike Capcom with Dante from the same game. Also, Superbot's budget was pretty small all things considered whereas by that point Smash already became the best selling individual fighting game with Brawl, hardly a fair comparison

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Out of the 3 characters left what are you expecting the ratio between 1st and 3rd parties to be. Personally I am expecting 2 First Party to 1 Third Party

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Out of the 3 characters left what are you expecting the ratio between 1st and 3rd parties to be. Personally I am expecting 2 First Party to 1 Third Party
1 third party from an SNK-tier company at best.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Porky is a character I hope they add in the next game. It doesn't matter either way, as it stands Mother has more than enough representation. I just feel like he'd be a cool addition.

If we get another Nintendo character it’ll likely be a BotW 2 character or a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Maaaaaaybe Rex and/or Pyra or another Xenoblade rep (which is what I’d hope for).
Tom Nook lets gooo

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to act rashly and say we won't get any first-party newcomers from now on but either way, I don't see Nintendo splitting the pass equally among their characters and guests.

It feels too much of a fan roster calculus than an actual business decision; if that makes sense.

TheBeastHimself

Oh, one thing I absolutely adore but seemingly got missed by everyone? Supernova shows Jupiter getting destroyed, that's always been my favourite part of the attack so I'm especially happy we got that in Smash
He has the coolest final smash. Reminds me of a special from Injustice.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So if Getting Cloud and Sephiroth in this game was such a Challenge, Than I'm gonna have to Question Nintendo if Sonic still cannot Get another character in Smash Bros, and More than 1 Remix that's not from a Decade ago and also not just made for the Sonic Mega collection

Sega Loans out Sonic like Candy, and with the 30th Anniversary, Everything does line up for Another Sonic Character to make an impact in Smash. FF7 Coming out with More Remixes, and More Characters despite it being kind of a hassle to License is an L towards Sonic at the moment. Rough

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh, one thing I absolutely adore but seemingly got missed by everyone? Supernova shows Jupiter getting destroyed, that's always been my favourite part of the attack so I'm especially happy we got that in Smash
When you have to speed up a 2 minute cutscene by almost 10, it's hard to notice that. I thought it was just a generic planet.

But you can still notice all the m a t h

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll be beating this time..but I am quite proud of it.
EpgISelVEAAjdzb.jpg
00:04.76
I'm not suggesting he didn't say that; I believe you. I just think he's either overestimating how much they cost or underestimating how much Smash costs - because at the point the license of two characters can equal the budget of your entire triple-A game, acquiring them slashes your profit margin substantially.
I agree. They are very difficult to license (and honestly, if they DID go for that price, its almost better if they would have just gone after 2B) but I do think he's exaggerating..he's also a Final Fantasy VII super fanboy, so he may be a little biased on that as well.
Like, yes, he does have a lot of friends in the gaming industry, but that doesn't mean he always knows what he's talking about.
Nah man. He's discussed because some commercials in the 90s convinced some kids he was somehow Mario and Sonic's rival.
Agreed..along with his recent successful remakes..if it weren't for them I don't think anyone would be really thinking Crash had a chance let alone clamouring for him..like, maybe a handful, but not as many as there are currently.

So if Getting Cloud and Sephiroth in this game was such a Challenge, Than I'm gonna have to Question Nintendo if Sonic still cannot Get another character in Smash Bros, and More than 1 Remix that's not from a Decade ago and also not just made for the Sonic Mega collection

Sega Loans out Sonic like Candy, and with the 30th Anniversary, Everything does line up for Another Sonic Character to make an impact in Smash. FF7 Coming out with More Remixes, and More Characters despite it being kind of a hassle to License is an L towards Sonic at the moment. Rough
Remember that Sega originally DENIED Nintendo the rights to Sonic for Brawl and ended up getting the game delayed when they changed their minds..its entirely possible for Sega to deny other playable Sonic characters for whatever reason..

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Eh, I'd love more Sonic stuff in Smash but let's be honest, it's hardly comparable to the minimal amount of content that FF had before Sephiroth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
When you have to speed up a 2 minute cutscene by almost 10, it's hard to notice that. I thought it was just a generic planet.

But you can still notice all the m a t h
That's fair but a TRUE FAN would realize that Jupiter's the only planet Supernova's meteor penetrates, as Pluto is completely destroyed and not a planet. If you like Sephiroth's inclusion you are not a true fan. If you enjoyed FF7 you are not a true fan. To be a true fan, you need to have 3 spinny blades and go whirrrrrrrrrrrr at 90 rotations per minute

TheBeastHimself

Eh, I'd love more Sonic stuff in Smash but let's be honest, it's hardly comparable to the minimal amount of content that FF had before Sephiroth.
I agree, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see another one pop up.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I couldn't care less, I'm welcoming of anybody and everybody.
Still holding on to hope for my big pipe dream, no matter how unlikely she may seem (she's the bold, green name in my signature)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know, there's probably an alternate timeline where Animal Crossing: New Horizons was picked as the hot new game to get a character instead of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. So instead of Byleth, Tom Nook was added, and that sounds pretty wild. He'd probably still be pretty controversial as an anti-climactic end to the pass, especially if his trailer's like Isabelle's, but instead of a human Swiss army knife, we'd have a tanooki attacking us with furniture and money.

I'm sure a whole bunch of people would gladly make that trade, but I think I'm good in this reality.

Same. The focus seems to be on 3rd parties for both waves of DLC. I could also see 2-1 in 1st party's favor depending on what transpires next year.

Pluto is completely destroyed and not a planet.
I shall not stand for this slander! Dwarf planets are planets too!

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't think I'll be beating this time..but I am quite proud of it.
View attachment 296170
00:04.76

I agree. They are very difficult to license (and honestly, if they DID go for that price, its almost better if they would have just gone after 2B) but I do think he's exaggerating..he's also a Final Fantasy VII super fanboy, so he may be a little biased on that as well.
Like, yes, he does have a lot of friends in the gaming industry, but that doesn't mean he always knows what he's talking about.

Agreed..along with his recent successful remakes..if it weren't for them I don't think anyone would be really thinking Crash had a chance let alone clamouring for him..like, maybe a handful, but not as many as there are currently.

Remember that Sega originally DENIED Nintendo the rights to Sonic for Brawl and ended up getting the game delayed when they changed their minds..its entirely possible for Sega to deny other playable Sonic characters for whatever reason..
-For Crash, I Personally think that He'd Make More Sense for Smash 6. These Remakes were relatively recent and Western negotiations do take Awhile when it comes to Smash.

I think by the Time of Smash 6, He'd have several completely New Titles to show that the Crash Brand doesn't have to just rely on Remakes and such (It depends on how Activision felt about Crash 4 Sales. The Sales apparently were okay at best, but people call it a flop. There's still other games in development like that Mobile game and such

-Brawl and Smash Ultimate are Different Time Periods. Sonic, to my Knowledge, was not just put in Games willy Nilly back then Like he has been this Decade, with him being in Stuff like Ninjala, Fall guys, OK KO, Lego Dimmensions, etc. Sega likes using these Crossovers to Keep proping up the Sonic brand up. They even mention Licensing as an important part of Sonic in their Anniversary Poster

If they put Sonic in games like that, no way they would turn down anything Smash Related at least at the moment. Of course the one argument I could see is perhaps they don't want Sonic Upstaged by another Character being DLC, because that other Sonic Character being DLC would get more attention then Sonic himself. It's something to consider, but I don't think that's a pitfall that would make them turn down another Character in Smash

Which is why if We don't have Another Sonic character at this point, It Definitly falls on Nintendo. They went through the Trouble of Getting Both Cloud and Sephiroth in this Game when it seems that was a bit of an hassle. I'm very glad they did, but Sonic Characters are just as Iconic, if not even more than Cloud and Sephiroth and they don't even have all the Licensing issues

That's very True. I'm glad FF7 Finally got content. I'm just gonna have Eyebrows if Another Sonic Character also wasn't considered for a DLC Spot. They look at Final Fantasy, they had to have looked at Sonic

Shroob

Sup?
Just realized that the Tifa Mii costume scene is a direct reference to a scene in FF7 and my god you can feel the love and affection that Sakurai pumps into everything he touches lol.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The idea of Nintendo and Itoi caring enough about Mother to put it into Smash with a DLC character like Porky is bewildering to me because I can actually see it happening - in response to Undertale's success, that is. Imagine if they actually cared that much when the fanbase was way more active and ravenous! They could've really had a cultural phenomenon on their hands. Instead they kinda catered to them towards the end of the Wii U era (when they really needed all the fans they could get) and try capitalizing on it when the embers have gone cold and everyone's moved on.

Although considering Nintendo decided to start focusing on non-game ways of using their IP just before a virus made everyone want to stay indoors and play video games, it's safe to say their timing is abysmal.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That's fair but a TRUE FAN would realize that Jupiter's the only planet Supernova's meteor penetrates, as Pluto is completely destroyed and not a planet. If you like Sephiroth's inclusion you are not a true fan. If you enjoyed FF7 you are not a true fan. To be a true fan, you need to have 3 spinny blades and go whirrrrrrrrrrrr at 90 rotations per minute
Pluto is a planet **** science

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know, there's probably an alternate timeline where Animal Crossing: New Horizons was picked as the hot new game to get a character instead of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. So instead of Byleth, Tom Nook was added, and that sounds pretty wild.
I guess I could say it would be a...Wild World! :awesome:

I'm sorry, I'll go to bed now.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I'm glad my obscure JRPG region-locked character is here to stay, and I feel very fortunate he was able to get into Brawl in the first place.

Does anyone else have their most wanted and are just here for the wild ride? Perhaps that character was Sephiroth for many people.
I'm still waiting my classic GBA JRPG not-region-locked character, for which I feel unfortunate he wasn't able to get into Brawl in the first place.

He is my most wanted since that time, and after all the other fan favorites that got in, I'm starting to get pissed.

Polan

Smash Lord
if we get another sonic character i would not be shocked if its tails just to complete that old dream matchup of sonic and tails vs mario and luigi (in a non-olympics game). we could also get eggman but tails feels a bit more likely.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m betting on a 2-1 in terms of Third-First Party. Something tells me this next one (79) is going to be a smaller third party, hopefully Hayabusa, and the next one (80) will be a HUGE one because of the timing it will likely bring. 80 will likely be revealed around the time frame that E3 usually takes place so I’m just going off precedent with that one. (81) I think could either be a last Nintendo character. I just feel like there’s something about that lasts one that screams at me advertising material. Maybe it’s because of Corrin and Byleth being (at least apart of in Corrins case) the last reveals of their respective DLC. But the vast majority of DLC Newcomers have been 3rd Party so I don’t really see that changing for these last 3 but that’s just me.

:ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultsephiroth:

Are our 3rd Party DLC so far and our first party is

(:ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultlucas:):ultcorrin::ultpiranha::ultbyleth::ultminmin
I put the veterans in there if you WANT to count them for Wii U but if you don’t that’s a 9-4 spread and a 9-7 spread if you do. I could easily see that lead expanding

And oddly enough the other majority in Smash DLC has been Fire Emblem characters, heh.
:ultroy::ultcorrin::ultbyleth:

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

I have no strong evidence for what I'll say, only a feeling, after looking at that pass, and the idea that it will not be crazy amazing like people are happy to believe. I mean, we got characters that were big surprises, but not as big supported: Min-min and Sephiroth. And none of this pass' characters are the top usual contenders (Crash, Doom, Ryu, Dante, etc.) yet they all feel right and welcome.
Moreover, the biggest names are usually shown in the first half of the pass, or, at least, the biggest names that would bring new people to buy Smash or people that weren't sure to buy the pass to buy it. Steve and Sephiroth are those characters.

That's why I think the rest of the pass will be more chill picks, somewhat overshadowed characters, that are not the biggest names in the video games community overall, but that are still somewhat expected and supported in the community that has already bought the game and the pass.

My prediction for the last 3, in any order:
  • Third party. Capcom rep, most likely Phoenix Wright or Monster Hunter. No Dante. Or eventually Namco's Lloyd.
  • Nintendo chill pick from a serie that already has fighters, like a Zelda or Xenoblade rep. Or maybe a Sonic rep. I don't see a Pokémon.
  • AT upgrade, most likely Isaac, maybe Waluigi.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been on here in a long while, but I really felt compelled to share a couple of my own not-so-quick thoughts after last night's direct.

- It's insane how much passion went into Sephiroth's entire pass. Not just his design and moveset (a lot more balanced than I thought he would be, and I can only imagine top Joker players conquering with him once they get the chance), but the music choices, his victory screens, his stage. That stage, guys. It can be argued that it has the most dynamic background animations out of almost every other stage in the game, which is nuts.

I've heard a lot of people say things along the lines of "I'm glad that Final Fantasy feels like it's actually a part of Smash now" and I completely agree. This feels like the content we should've gotten with Cloud, and it just feels right.

- Quick thing, I only dared to hope for four pieces of music: Any remix of OWA that wasn't just a midi of the original, JENOVA's theme, the Bombing Mission theme, and Aerith's Theme. I genuinely didn't think the last one was going to happen just because it's so iconic for being a straight up depressing track (especially when you're fighting Sephiroth).

But not only did we get that gorgeous theme, but it was remixed to be a little more playful and energetic, just like the character is. Sorry, I'm a big softie bleeding heart Aerith fan here, so this and her Mii costume were too big highlights for me.

- I'm only going to say this once and then duck out before this board gets toxic again, but it's important for me as a lifelong Banjo/Kazooie hopeful to say: My heart breaks for the Geno fans. It really, sincerely does.

I know there's been a lot of discourse surrounding Geno fans, especially on the internet and especially on these boards. But I've never dived into those parts of the Geno hopefuls. I know people in real life who were really rooting for him. I have friends who really were holding out for a choice deluxe Mii costume. And they're patient, passionate fans just like how I am with Banjo and a million other people were with Ridley, K. Rool, Terry, Steve, Daisy, Richter, Isabelle, Cloud, Ryu, Little Mac, Pit, and every other character who initially had major odds stacked against them.

It's going to sound incredibly overdramatic to other people when I say this, but I'm serious: Take the time to be sad or pissed. We all know "it's just a video game", but it still sucks. At the end of the day, you held out hope for two entire years of ups and downs only to be unceremoniously given a crappy hand. Out of everyone, the people on boards like these should understand how special our favorite video game characters can be to us. Just look at what happened here when Isaac, Shadow, and Skull Kid were deconfirmed. This sucks. It's okay to admit that it sucks.

It's not okay to try and invoke violence, hijack unrelated topics, hate on everyone who's enjoying Sephiroth, or try and drag anyone else down. It's also not healthy to wallow in this or resent the community as a whole. But for everyone telling you to "just get over it, accept that you lost, Geno never had a chance"? Ignore that. Take the time to process, you know? Geno deserved a better Mii costume.

Okay, never touching that topic on the internet again. Moving on.

- I love how comically enormous of a monkey wrench Sephiroth's announcement threw into the speculation scene. I've long given up trying to figure out how Sakurai's brain works, so I'm having an absolute blast over here.

One thing I will say is that, while I doubt he's joining Ultimate's roster, Robotnik's exclusion is even more noticeable seeing Sephiroth standing next to Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, Wolf, Ridley, and K. Rool. It's almost jarring. He really is the last truly iconic video game villain missing. But I guess the promise of "Everyone is Here" is both a blessing and a curse in that regard, right? With so many characters, we ironically start to feel like obvious choices are missing. Bizarre how our brains work haha.

In my version of a perfect world (with what we know after the post-game Spirit events and the most recent Mii reveals), FP2 would conclude with Amaterasu, Robotnik (in either his little flying egg machine a la Bowser Jr. or in his egg walker from SA2) and Chell. Or Shantae, Neku Sakuraba, and Nightmare. Or Morrigan, Thrall, and Frogger. Honestly, I have dozens of hopefuls that I'd love to see get in just because of how uniquely they'd play.

I know in my heart of hearts that we're realistically probably not getting any of them haha.

I can't say that I'd be excited for a Monster Hunter, a new Pokemon, Sora, or especially Dante if they get in, but I'll be happy to see others happy. I'd probably crack a smile if Crash, Phoenix Wright, or a new Zelda rep got in though.

I just really hope that the final three continue to surprise me. That's my only real wish moving forward as we near the final stretch of this impossible roster.

Okay, that's all I got. Time to peace out for another six months or so!

Shroob

Sup?
I haven't been on here in a long while, but I really felt compelled to share a couple of my own not-so-quick thoughts after last night's direct.

- It's insane how much passion went into Sephiroth's entire pass. Not just his design and moveset (a lot more balanced than I thought he would be, and I can only imagine top Joker players conquering with him once they get the chance), but the music choices, his victory screens, his stage. That stage, guys. It can be argued that it has the most dynamic background animations out of almost every other stage in the game, which is nuts.

I've heard a lot of people say things along the lines of "I'm glad that Final Fantasy feels like it's actually a part of Smash now" and I completely agree. This feels like the content we should've gotten with Cloud, and it just feels right.

- Quick thing, I only dared to hope for four pieces of music: Any remix of OWA that wasn't just a midi of the original, JENOVA's theme, the Bombing Mission theme, and Aerith's Theme. I genuinely didn't think the last one was going to happen just because it's so iconic for being a straight up depressing track (especially when you're fighting Sephiroth).

But not only did we get that gorgeous theme, but it was remixed to be a little more playful and energetic, just like the character is. Sorry, I'm a big softie bleeding heart Aerith fan here, so this and her Mii costume were too big highlights for me.

- I'm only going to say this once and then duck out before this board gets toxic again, but it's important for me as a lifelong Banjo/Kazooie hopeful to say: My heart breaks for the Geno fans. It really, sincerely does.

I know there's been a lot of discourse surrounding Geno fans, especially on the internet and especially on these boards. But I've never dived into those parts of the Geno hopefuls. I know people in real life who were really rooting for him. I have friends who really were holding out for a choice deluxe Mii costume. And they're patient, passionate fans just like how I am with Banjo and a million other people were with Ridley, K. Rool, Terry, Steve, Daisy, Richter, Isabelle, Cloud, Ryu, Little Mac, Pit, and every other character who initially had major odds stacked against them.

It's going to sound incredibly overdramatic to other people when I say this, but I'm serious: Take the time to be sad or pissed. We all know "it's just a video game", but it still sucks. At the end of the day, you held out hope for two entire years of ups and downs only to be unceremoniously given a crappy hand. Out of everyone, the people on boards like these should understand how special our favorite video game characters can be to us. Just look at what happened here when Isaac, Shadow, and Skull Kid were deconfirmed. This sucks. It's okay to admit that it sucks.

It's not okay to try and invoke violence, hijack unrelated topics, hate on everyone who's enjoying Sephiroth, or try and drag anyone else down. It's also not healthy to wallow in this or resent the community as a whole. But for everyone telling you to "just get over it, accept that you lost, Geno never had a chance"? Ignore that. Take the time to process, you know? Geno deserved a better Mii costume.

Okay, never touching that topic on the internet again. Moving on.

- I love how comically enormous of a monkey wrench Sephiroth's announcement threw into the speculation scene. I've long given up trying to figure out how Sakurai's brain works, so I'm having an absolute blast over here.

One thing I will say is that, while I doubt he's joining Ultimate's roster, Robotnik's exclusion is even more noticeable seeing Sephiroth standing next to Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, Wolf, Ridley, and K. Rool. It's almost jarring. He really is the last truly iconic video game villain missing. But I guess the promise of "Everyone is Here" is both a blessing and a curse in that regard, right? With so many characters, we ironically start to feel like obvious choices are missing. Bizarre how our brains work haha.

In my version of a perfect world (with what we know after the post-game Spirit events and the most recent Mii reveals), FP2 would conclude with Amaterasu, Robotnik (in either his little flying egg machine a la Bowser Jr. or in his egg walker from SA2) and Chell. Or Shantae, Neku Sakuraba, and Nightmare. Or Morrigan, Thrall, and Frogger. Honestly, I have dozens of hopefuls that I'd love to see get in just because of how uniquely they'd play.

I know in my heart of hearts that we're realistically probably not getting any of them haha.

I can't say that I'd be excited for a Monster Hunter, a new Pokemon, Sora, or especially Dante if they get in, but I'll be happy to see others happy. I'd probably crack a smile if Crash, Phoenix Wright, or a new Zelda rep got in though.

I just really hope that the final three continue to surprise me. That's my only real wish moving forward as we near the final stretch of this impossible roster.

Okay, that's all I got. Time to peace out for another six months or so!
Honestly, can't say I've seen much of any vitriol thrown towards Geno and his fanbase here tbh.

On places like Twitter, Reddit, 4chan? Oh yeah, it's ****ing intense, but this place has been kinda quiet all things considered. Some condolences, some shock at how casually the costume was tossed out with no fanfare like last time, some joy that a long-standing leak was finally killed, but no real hostility. I think most people who aren't Geno fans are just finally glad Geno's fate has finally been made clear once and for all.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Have we gotten any Capcom content since FP1? I can’t imagine why they’d be holding out unless we got a character from them. Especially with how fitting some fighting game miis would’ve been for min min. Plus flashy monster hunter miis would have worked for Sephiroth or Steve. And not even a spirit event for Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, OR DMCA? Something doesn’t smell right to me about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom