• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Honestly, I only want Porky, Monokuma (or any Danganronpa representation) and a freaking Digimon... and sadly I don't think any of them have any chances to happen...
At least I hope the last 3 characters come from games I actually have played.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
pam pam pam pam pam pam pam pam
pana pana pana pana pana pana pana pana
parana naaam paranana naaam parana naaam nnrrrrrmmnn
pam pam pam paaamm pam pam pam pam paammm nnnnnrrrr
Finally, somebody on this thread who really understands me.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The funniest thing is the characters we’ve gotten have been discussed before on all of them. It’s just certain ones like Byleth, Min Min, Sephiroth, and Terry were often just talked about for a split second. Like I thoroughly remember us questioning what the next Square Enix character would get in and a lot of people said Sephiroth would be cool but was almost impossible. That’s funny to me for some reason.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm doing my tier list of the best reveals so far in Smash Ultimate
Ditto
Reveals.png

(Snake represents Everyone Is Here)

Nothing against Isabelle but good god was that the single most boring reveal ever.

Also kinda sad that Sephiroth is the second best DLC reveal...

pana pana pana pana pana pana pana pana
parana naaam paranana naaam parana naaam nnrrrrrmmnn
pam pam pam paaamm pam pam pam pam paammm nnnnnrrrr
La li lu le lo, la li lu le lo...

D

Deleted member

I’m wondering.....

Do you think that, IF the Geno Costume returns, will it be given the same fanfare as it did in Smash 4 (splash screen and all), or will it just get the same treatment as the other costumes?

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ditto
View attachment 295307
(Snake represents Everyone Is Here)

Nothing against Isabelle but good god was that the single most boring reveal ever.

Also kinda sad that Sephiroth is the second best DLC reveal...
This is probably almost 1:1 with how I'd rank them as well, which makes your list objectively correct. ;P

I’m wondering.....

Do you think that, IF the Geno Costume returns, will it be given the same fanfare as it did in Smash 4 (splash screen and all), or will it just get the same treatment as the other costumes?
It might get a little vignette like Sans, Cuphead and Vault Boy. Which would likely place it last to be revealed, and cause people to get more upset than they even would otherwise...

ShotoStar

Smash Cadet
Don't forget; One Winged Angel was also in Kingdom Hearts, so Sephy's inclusion might help Sora's chances a little.
That's.. quite a stretch. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover franchise so Sephiroth specifically being in Kingdom Hearts isn't particularly noteworthy at all, it just makes sense. Really don't see it that way chief. I don't think it's like that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I.....fail to see how Sephiroth helps Sora's chances at all.
That's.. quite a stretch. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover franchise so Sephiroth specifically being in Kingdom Hearts isn't particularly noteworthy at all, it just makes sense. Really don't see it that way chief. I don't think it's like that.
I just figured it helps a tiny bit since Sora and Sephiroth share a history together (if only breif compared to Sephiroth and Cloud, the latter of which Sora also his history with).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Cloud and Sephiroth do help Sora, in the fact that Sakurai and Nomura have now worked together twice, so it would be easier for them to do so a third time. Sephiroth is otherwise completely unrelated to Sora's actual chance to join Smash, which means he doesn't negatively effect him either, as Sora is owned by Disney and would not be another Square Enix character. That last bit is the nail in the coffin for Sora, good luck getting Disney to play ball.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I just figured it helps a tiny bit since Sora and Sephiroth share a history together (if only breif compared to Sephiroth and Cloud, the latter of which Sora also his history with).
To be honest, that sounds more like it would back up the idea that Sora is grouped with Square Enix and is therefore deconfirmed, which you've been trying to disprove.

Firox

Smash Master
Honestly if Sakurai squeezed a segment in Seph's presentation where he talks about Geno after the costume is revealed, that would be quite a bittersweet moment for Genomaniacs and also quite a sendoff for 1 of the most polarizing characters in the speculation scene ever.
To be honest, if Geno's costume definitively shows up, I think it would be jacked up if Sakurai didn't say at least SOMETHING with regards to his fate. After all this time, he owes the fans that much.

Shroob

Sup?
To be honest, if Geno's costume definitively shows up, I think it would be jacked up if Sakurai didn't say at least SOMETHING with regards to his fate. After all this time, he owes the fans that much.
Does he really? What makes Geno really any different than say, Isaac or Shadow who were given about 5 seconds in a sizzle reel back in November 2018. I feel like the most he'd say is something like "This costume comes with the track Beware the Forest Mushroom!" or something, but that's it.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think Crash still has a shot but I believe we only have one more "big" character left to reveal and that is the supposed E3 reveal of 2021, and that is most likely CP10. CP9 will be released around March/April which leaves us with CP10 as the other big E3 reveal. I expect CP9 to be a more laid back character in terms of general hype, think someone like Terry. CP10 will probably be someone big. And CP11 will be Waluigi :yeahboi:
So you're saying Sol Badguy will be CP9? More laid back character, a fighting game character with a decent history who will also happen to be the 4th character of his pass, just like Terry.
Also Guilty Gear Strive releases next April. If Shroob Shroob can shill Monster Hunter as the next fighter due to timing, I will do the same with Sol :yeahboi:

Weird to say, but I like Cloud's KH design more than his Advent Children one. Too bad it couldn't be in smash as an alt
Same. Never liked his AC design that much. His KH design is way cooler. Maybe his wing feels like too much, but everything else is 10/10.

I guess we'll have to wait until Sora is in the game for them to update Cloud and give him that design as one of his alts, just like they're updating Cloud's Final Smash with Sephiroth's inclusion :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Does he really? What makes Geno really any different than say, Isaac or Shadow who were given about 5 seconds in a sizzle reel back in November 2018. I feel like the most he'd say is something like "This costume comes with the track Beware the Forest Mushroom!" or something, but that's it.
A megathread with thousands and thousands of comments?

kylexv

Smash Master
What are your top 3 reveal trailers?
For me:

#1 Min Min for its awesome build up, pacing, humor, editing, music cues, stylized CGI, "plot"... its all there and its all so good.

#2 Bowser Jr. still has the most epic reveal trailer to me. Sephiroth's was cool but I felt more of a genuine "struggle" in Bowser Jr's. And just when the team thinks it can't get any worse, in comes the Koopalings. Its so damn epic man.

#3 Roy might sound like an odd pick but its the only Smash reveal to this day that has gotten me to laugh out loud. It's such clever usage of gameplay only footage. You can tell the devs had a crazy ass fun time making it. Its the most "fun" Smash reveal in my opinion.

What about you?
1. Mewtwo. Despite literally just showing his 3D model and a release timeframe, I popped off so hard. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon, and I couldn't understand how he got snubbed from Smash 4's base roster. Seeing this made me very, very happy.
2. Everyone is Here. No explanation needed.
3. This spot could be either Cloud, King K. Rool, or Banjo. These were all great and made me very excited.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The talk whether Sora still has a chance after Sephiroth brings FFXIV developers not being able to get Kingdom Hearts content in FFXIV back to my head.

Recently, Naoki Yoshida, the head of Square-Enix's Creative Business Unit III and the director & producer of Final Fantasy XIV Online (and the producer of the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI) was asked if Kingdom Hearts content could come to FFXIV. (Answer: No. Yoshida cites Disney as a major obstacle)

But here's something I've noticed.

Almost every Square-Enix game that features Sora or Kingdom Hearts content in some shape or form are always developed by Square-Enix's Creative Business Unit I or divisions under it. Have to wonder if it's easier for them to get KH content in their games than it is for other Square-Enix divisions or even other gaming developers and publishers.

The article in question:
At this point, I would be of the mind that any impediment to getting Sora in Smash would likely fall on Disney's court (especially money) and neither S-E, Nomura, Nintendo, or Sakurai's.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm doing my tier list of the best reveals so far in Smash Ultimate

SSS+ tier::ultsephiroth:
S tier: :ultbanjokazooie:,:ultjoker:,:ultkrool:, Everyone is here, :ultridley:, :nessecho:
A tier: :ultsteve:, :ult_terry:, :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:, :ultinkling:, :ultchrom:, :ultpiranha:
B tier: :ultminmin, :ultincineroar: and :ultken:, :ultisabelle:, :ultdarksamus:, :ultbylethf:
D tier: :ultdaisy:
(Individual characters within tiers not in any particular order)

S+: Everyone Is Here!
S: :ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley::ultsteve:
A: :ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultminmin:ultjoker:
B: :ultincineroar::ultken::ult_terry:
C: :ulthero::ultpiranha::ultbyleth::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
D: :ultisabelle::ultdaisy:

This does not reflect my individual thoughts on each character, nor who I like/dislike. Just my thoughts on their trailers/reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom