• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Regaridng that damn Cacomallow claptrap... I talk to a lot of people who mod Smash as somebody that does so myself and I have my theories (but no proof or anything) of whodunnit. I wish they'd come clean and release the mods, they're super well-made.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m surprised it somehow didn’t die when Vault Boy was revealed as a Mii Costume since Bethesda on board but not with a character.
People who clinged onto Cacomallow just kept making excuses as to why it was totally not disproved after 2 weeks when it was shown that it didn't match up with the debug mode.

Also I just realized nobody posted this. Tragic.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Imo this was Doomguy's last draw as a frontrunner, at this point the timing is gone and he has too much going against him. Which is why he'll prob make it in anyway
He's still a massive legacy character with some dope high-octane gameplay which could translate into a very unique moveset.

Just because an obviously fake leak is finally proven fake doesn't mean he isn't likely anymore. Especially when said leak never outright said he was in; this was 100% an assumption made by CacoMallow believers.

If he's not in, he's not in and that's the end of it, but CacoMallow never really impacted his chances imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't played much Sonic, but I really like Tails. He's a very friendly character, which is very needed when Sonic has to deal with Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow.

Don't @ me.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I’m not even that big of a Geno fan, and I understand that a lot of you are tired of talking about him, but I think people are being to quick to comfirm that his mii costume is coming back/getting the "Premiium" treatment at Ol’ Seph’s presentation.

Remember when we thought that Geno’s costume (and the Chocobo hat) would show up at Hero’s Presentation only to see that all the costumes where exclusively Dragon Quest themed?

Judging from that, we might be seeing something similar with Sephiroth’s mii costumes all being exclusively themed after Final Fantasy characters (in which, pardon for stating the obvious, Geno is not).

Here are my predictions:

-Tifa (Brawler)
-Barret (Gunner)
-White Mage (Swordfigher)
-Black Mage (Swordfighter)
-Chocobo Hat
-Moogle Hat

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong and Geno’s costume is 99% coming back, hopefully given the "Premiium" treatment at the very least. But I think we shouldn’t overlook the 1% so easily.....

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, I’m not even that big of a Geno fan, and I understand that a lot of you are tired of talking about him, but I think people are being to quick to comfirm that his mii costume is coming back/getting the "Premiium" treatment at Ol’ Seph’s presentation.

Remember when we thought that Geno’s costume (and the Chocobo hat) would show up at Hero’s Presentation only to see that all the costumes where exclusively Dragon Quest themed?

Judging from that, we might be seeing something similar with Sephiroth’s mii costumes all being exclusively themed after Final Fantasy characters (in which, pardon for stating the obvious, Geno is not).

Here are my predictions:

-Tifa (Brawler)
-Barret (Gunner)
-Chocobo Hat
-Moogle Hat

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong and Geno’s costume is 99% coming back, hopefully given the "Premiium" treatment at the very least. But I think we shouldn’t overlook the 1% so easily.....
Geno comes from a game that is deliberately taking cues from Final Fantasy (due to Nintendo and Square working together for it) and Dragon Quest was never made by Squaresoft, it just became a Square IP due to Square and Enix merging, so I could see Geno having missed his chance there being due to the Enix half wanting to keep things solely DQ.

This is made even more obvious by the fact that it originally came with Cloud in Smash 4, another Final Fantasy rep.

The way I see it is that if Geno's outfit isn't in the Sephiroth wave, he's more likely to be a full-fledged character than a costume.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I really hope that this character won't have crippling mobility issues like most of the DLC characters.
Can you explain me.. why this character NEEDS mobility at all? XD dude already cover the whole universe with his sword.
Imo this was Doomguy's last draw as a frontrunner, at this point the timing is gone and he has too much going against him. Which is why he'll prob make it in anyway
I don't think that doomguy chances are good.. probaby they were terrible the moment that someone at bethesda kinda hinted that he wasnt in fp2.

BUT.

I wasnt expecting sephirot, at all...but i never considered him imposible or out of the field. but if you asked me which character reveal i would have predicted for the past VGA he may have been my fifth or sisxth choice considering all the fuss FF 7 Remake was making that time.

My point is that being one VGA late doesn't immediatly takes you out? XD

Edit: o yes... doomguy chances are very low and he never would be heavily speculated as likely candidate again.... which considering the speculation track record... HE IS IN.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
IMO, whatever role Geno might have hinges on whether or not we're getting more DLC after this. If this is it and he's a Mii coming with Seph, then that's that. If Geno is somehow not there and 5 minutes later Sakurai announces DA SUPA THIRD FIGHTA PAYSS, then the pain continues.

And then Geno's mii costume will also be missing from the new Square character in Pass 3's wave, as Sakurai prepares to announce Pass 4-

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Here are my predictions:

-Tifa (Brawler)
-Barret (Gunner)
-Chocobo Hat
-Moogle Hat

At the same time, SMRPG has Culex. Doesn't get more Final Fantasy than that with the whole 4 crystals, different sprites depending on battle or overworld and even the goddamn FFIV boss theme

SharkLord

Smash Hero
After Sephiroth, my gut feeling went to Reimu, Isaac, and Lloyd. It seems like each character breaks a pattern; of some sort (Lack of Nintendo connection for Joker, smaller third-parties for Terry, Spirits for Min Min, villains and already-represented, etc.) The ones that people seem to be the most unsure about are indies and Assist Trophies, which is what led to Reimu and Isaac (Though admittedly Shovel Knight could cover both grounds). Lloyd comes from the doubt surrounding the absent Smash 4 Miis.

Is this a stable theory? No. Does it have a solid foundation? No, it doesn't. Am I going to be taking this theory seriously? Heck no. It's mostly a hunch, really.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Here are my predictions:

-Tifa (Brawler)
-Barret (Gunner)
-Chocobo Hat
-Moogle Hat

They could just not have the costume, but considering that:
  1. Geno's chances are in the dirt, Sephiroth or no.
  2. This costume set is very likely to be SquareEnix themed.
  3. The Chocobo Hat and Geno set came with Cloud in the previous game.
Geno's costume is all but eminent here. The whole wave will probably look something like:
  • Tifa (Brawler)
  • Barret (Gunner)
  • Aerith (Swordfighter)
  • Chocobo Hat
  • Moogle Hat
  • Geno (Gunner)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
So if Sephiroth comes with Geno and Chocobo Miis, the only 3P Miis from 4 still missing will be Lloyd and Monster Hunter.

Well...she's not a brawler, gunner or swordfighter.
She can use her staff as a sword the same way Viridi, Ashley, and Veronica do.

The Mii Gallery — Official Viridi Mii Recreated Viridi...

Ashley | Smashpedia | Fandom

Robert on Twitter: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate “Extra Mii Fighter Costumes  – Round 2” DLC will launch today for $0.75 each. Veronica (Swordfighter)  Erdrick (Swordfighter) Martial Artist (Brawler) Slime (Hat) #SmashBros  #DragonQuest
we really need a caster mii fighter .... but yes, she wouldnt be the first staff user turned swordfighter.

I would say Eggman is in competition with Tails for a second Sonic representative.
people use to forget how popular eggman is.

After watching some sonic boom episodes out of morbid curiosity, my already existing love for eggman completely cimented.
both of them are probably as equally iconic.. just, eggman isnt that popular in sonic hardcore and furry fanbases.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Geno doesn’t come with Sephiroth, I’ll be happy because that means he still has a chance. I would like a cool costume more than nothing, though.

At the same time, however, it could just mean he won’t get anything but the spirit and Smash online profile image, but Geno supporters including me will still be on the wild ride waiting to see :smileye:

Also, regarding that Sephiroth, Reimu, and KOS-MOS leak: Reimu would be cool, hope she’d come with Bad Apple and UN Owen was Her. KOS-MOS seems cool but I’m just neutral about her.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Also, regarding that Sephiroth, Reimu, and KOS-MOS leak: Reimu would be cool, hope she’d come with Bad Apple and UN Owen was Her.
Reimu is one of those characters I'm neutral with, but in some way I want them to be in the game because they would bring such great music with them.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Aside from the obvious Barret and Tifa costumes and possibly Geno(which it would be cool if it's updated to be like the other Deluxe Mii costumes), I guess I do hope for some other Square Mii costumes. A Black Mage costume would be awesome. Some other Job class designs like White Mage, Ninja and Onion Knight would be cool. Crono would be cool too.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
5Chan leak huh? Claims crash is next huh. Funny how those are caught right after the first guess is correct

Giving me flashback to that one dude who "predicted" Byleth.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lol, people still think Doom Slayer has a chance? Yesterday was his best shot to finally getting. I'd say his chances are as good as dead as with all Square reps.

If we're gonna get any big western rep it'll most likely be Crash at this point.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Actually think Lloyd has a good shot of Returning Next Week as a Costume, and I think Estelle from Trails of Sky might also make a Costume Apperance

And We might also see Ryu Hayabusa as a Costume as well

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
So everyone...
View attachment 295151
How is FP2? I say it is fantastic and better than FP1, well, because...
View attachment 295152
Hard to say for me, since this pass isn't done yet and every single character in FP1 was a hit for me:

:ultjoker: : Despite not playing Persona 5, I've been wanting to play it when a Switch port happens or I get my hands on a PS5 (don't have a PS4 and would rather just wait). Hype Inclusion.
:ulthero:: Was quite disappointed by Hero's inclusion. Nothing stood out to me about him. That is until I played him for the first time. Hero is the funniest character in this game and I love him.
:ultbanjokazooie:: No explanation needed
:ult_terry:: Said after his reveal that he would be really cool if he had super moves as a part of hit normal kit. Lo and behold, he did.
:ultbyleth:: Was initially not a fan of his inclusion, but after playing Three Houses, I couldn't disagree with my past self more.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lol, people still think Doom Slayer has a chance? Yesterday was his best shot to finally getting. I'd say his chances are as good as dead as with all Square reps.

If we're gonna get any big western rep it'll most likely be Crash at this point.
Oh like how Erdrick clearly isn't happening because he wasn't in that February Direct that had a lot of Dragon Quest content?

D

Deleted member

Aside from the obvious Barret and Tifa costumes and possibly Geno(which it would be cool if it's updated to be like the other Deluxe Mii costumes), I guess I do hope for some other Square Mii costumes. A Black Mage costume would be awesome. Some other Job class designs like White Mage, Ninja and Onion Knight would be cool. Crono would be cool too.
Ooh a Black mage job; I second that!

Here's a game for now: You get 6 FF or other Square Property Mii Characters to include +1 'Deluxe Mii'. What would you put in?

For me, I'd do:
Tifa (Brawler)
Barret (Gunner)
Sabin (Brawler)
Terra (Gunner....is the only one that really fits due to some of the moves)
Crono (Swordfighter)
Magus (Swordfighter)

With Sora as the Deluxe Mii fighter

SNEKeater

Smash Master
To be honest, I don't think Eggman is gonna be in the Pass, but at the same time I do think we'll see an influx of requests for characters like him, Chun-Li, Alucard and Zero come next Smash. Their last perceived barrier of entry is down and these guys certainly have the popularity to back them up.

Again, I think Sephiroth might be a one-time deal as far as this Pass is concerned, but it is interesting that a some of these characters don't have a lot in their way now.
People already say it earlier, Sephiroth getting in doesn't mean other 3rd party series will double dip, but not gonna lie, a lineup like that for the remaining 3 slots

FP9: Chun-Li
FP10: Alucard
FP11: Zero

Would be absolutely dope. 10/10 picks in my opinion.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We've converted Jones to the church of Waluigi! Sephiroth is truly an angel.
Hey I've said before that Waluigi could be an AT upgrade if they happen.

But uh...

You’re onto something with Sephiroth being an Angel...
DAB274EE-DD00-4923-8288-5846657544F3.jpeg

Those abs tho...

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
People already say it earlier, Sephiroth getting in doesn't mean other 3rd party series will double dip, but not gonna lie, a lineup like that for the remaining 3 slots

FP9: Chun-Li
FP10: Alucard
FP11: Zero

Would be absolutely dope. 10/10 picks in my opinion.
I mean, I said we'll get more requests for these characters, tbh. Doesn't mean they'll happen, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom