• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually, 2B as a Mii costume would work Though. Remember Sakurai went to meet Yoko for the First time in December. Perhaps that was for negotiating a 2B Mii Costume

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I mean, I said we'll get more requests for these characters, tbh. Doesn't mean they'll happen, but still.
Yeah I mean, you're completely right. I always wanted Alucard as the Castlevania rep though I always knew a Belmont would get in first. After Sephiroth I really think we could get Alucard. Maybe not for Ultimate but for the next Smash game, for example.

Not betting on that, but it's cool to see that it doesn't feel like an impossible outcome.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Actually, 2B as a Mii costume would work Though. Remember Sakurai went to meet Yoko for the First time in December. Perhaps that was for negotiating a 2B Mii Costume
Definitely expecting her along with Barret, Aerith, Lara Croft, Tifa, and Geno (Premium Mii).

Also expect the Chocobo hat to return.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey I've said before that Waluigi could be an AT if they happen.

But uh...

You’re onto something with Sephiroth being an Angel...View attachment 295156
Those abs tho...
Shirtless Sephiroth is a nice reminder to me that I can occaisonally enjoy men. Naturally, the next hot characters will be women to balance this

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I have no idea who the final three fighters will be and neither does anyone else; even those who think otherwise. Fingers crossed for Reimu but I'm okay if she doesn't make it. I'm 1/8 so far when it comes to characters I wanted beforehand, and despite that I'm 7/8 in terms of characters that I'm happy with.

Last edited:
Ooh a Black mage job; I second that!

Here's a game for now: You get 6 FF or other Square Property Mii Characters to include +1 'Deluxe Mii'. What would you put in?
I'm going to stick with FF, cause why not.

Barret (Gunner)
Balthier (Gunner)
Gilgamesh (Sword)
Jecht (Sword)
Tifa (Brawler)
Snow (Brawler) - I couldn't think of another FF brawler I would really want, but the outfit would be cool

For a Deluxe I'd go with Dark Knight, even though that barely counts because of the helmet.

If we added non-FF characters as miis, Bravely Default wouldn't be a horrible place to pull from, either. I just felt like diving deeper into the series.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Doom Slayer was planned but had to be scrapped due to nobody involved being able to agree on what his name should be in-game and in promotional material. It was real rough between "The Slayer", "Doomguy", "Doom Guy", "Doom Slayer" and such. I know this because my uncle works at Sakurai.

Last edited:

latsmash

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5085-9089-2026
i'm pretty sure the doom protagonist would be called Doomslayer, I don't think "Doomguy" was ever canon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Three characters left and a year to do it. I know this reveal came a little faster, but I think they might slow down a bit after this. They can probably have a 3-4 month release from instead of 2-3; maybe doing March, July, November for the final three if they really wanted to. Drag it out to keep interest in the game up. We may be going nuts as we wait, but casual players probably aren't.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Was it? I remember someone showing how the model was different.
Steve is the same with a few changes; they brought back his beard (though also made it closer to his hair’s color, I think the original beard is more orange-brown), and they made the bottom of his body purple like his pants (the original skin, even today, has the bottom of his body be the same color as his shirt for some reason).

Also maybe his skin color is slightly different, though maybe that’s Ultimate’s color/lighting engine in general.

The model itself is the same as in Minecraft, I think. Minecraft’s characters have one tiny pixel indented on the outer-most sides of their legs on the left and right sides of the body, I think to prevent Z-fighting with the textures; it’s hard to notice with Smash Bros., though, but it’s likely the same.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
March 26th I believe.

I think Amiibo Theory is also gonna be back because March is when we should expect the next fighter given the pattern of 2-3 months.
Three months without a reveal?

Well... at least we'll be able to put Geno and CacoMallow to rest, so maybe we won't just bounce around echo chambers this time around?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Three characters left and a year to do it. I know this reveal came a little faster, but I think they might slow down a bit after this. They can probably have a 3-4 month release from instead of 2-3; maybe doing March, July, November for the final three if they really wanted to. Drag it out to keep interest in the game up. We may be going nuts as we wait, but casual players probably aren't.
The time between Steve and my Sephy-kins - around two months, is actually about the average looking back - disregarding the expected gap between the end of Volume 1 and the start of Volume 2. The down-time between Min Min and Steve was a bit of an outlier, and may have had a lot to do with Steve allegedly having a bit of development hell.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Three months without a reveal?

Well... at least we'll be able to put Geno and CacoMallow to rest, so maybe we won't just bounce around echo chambers this time around?
Seems to be how it has been so far if you technically count the ARMS guessing game.

Byleth: January
ARMS guessing game: March
Min Min: Late June
Steve: Early October
Sephiroth: December

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Seems to be how it has been so far if you technically count the ARMS guessing game.

Byleth: January
ARMS guessing game: March
Min Min: Late June
Steve: Early October
Sephiroth: December
The time between the ARMS guessing game and Min Min's release are actually the only real outlier because everything else is around two months.

latsmash

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5085-9089-2026
A twitter post isn't definitive, he's called "The Slayer" throughout 2016 and Eternal, even "Doomslayer" once if my memory is correct. It could go either way, but I expect the more recent naming.

Firox

Smash Master
I think it's hilarious that I joked about all of Sephiroth's alts being different shades of black and then it turned out to be true. The only two semi-distinguishable alts are the ones where he's shirtless.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
But some Doom games have also outright called him "Doom Slayer"

Not to mention Bethesda's Slayers Club thing.

I think the joke is that his name is whatever you want it to be.
In short, Doomguy refers to the angry space marine from the classic games, while the Doom Slayer is the unstoppable combat machine from the recent games.
Eternal clarifies that they are actually one and the same. In a flashback sequence, the subtitles actually refer to him as Doomguy when he speaks. After his empowerment, he stops being just Doomguy and becomes the Doom Slayer.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So February we could see then possibility?

Even better then.
No. I'm pointing out that the next fighter could be another one of those outliers if amiibo theory stays true, since the rest of the Pass 1 amiigos release in late March.

I think it's hilarious that I joked about all of Sephiroth's alts being different shades of black and then it turned out to be true. The only two semi-distinguishable alts are the ones where he's shirtless.
And even then, those two shirtless alts are semi-indistinguisable from one another.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm just curious on how many people are aware that it's an actual reference to something in FF7, and I don't mean the Safer-Sephiroth fight.
Now I'm just curious on how many people are aware that it's an actual reference to something in FF7, and I don't mean the Safer-Sephiroth fight.
Well I don't think people think they gave him a shirtless alt because yes

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
They could just crank up the vibrance a tad on the diffuse textures for his clothes for his alternate costumes and they'd be great. These are really just too-samey besides the shirtless alt and even that alt's alt could use work.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
They could just crank up the vibrance a tad on the diffuse textures for his clothes for his alternate costumes and they'd be great. These are really just too-samey besides the shirtless alt and even that alt's alt could use work.
Apparently SE is horrified of actual colors existing in the FFVII universe. Man, what I wouldn't have given to have a red and black alt. Like, a LEGIT red and black themed outfit.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Apparently SE is horrified of actual colors existing in the FFVII universe. Man, what I wouldn't have given to have a red and black alt. Like, a LEGIT red and black themed outfit.
Colors do exists in the FFVII universe..........if you're a woman. :4pacman:

I was just joking, but then I realized just how right I was by looking at characters like Yuffie, Tifa and Aerith compared to Cloud, Barret, Sephiroth and others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom