• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sounds like SOMEBODY wants a really stupid character and is getting tired of people reality checking them...
Nah, if he’s saying what I’m thinking, it’s not people saying “he can’t happen” to a character like Goku, it’s people pulling whatever they can out of their butt to somehow disconfirm a character you want if it’s one they don’t like, even if you’re not arguing about them being likely or anything in the first place.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If fortnight is insmash at all id think it would just be a costume
I actually kinda want a PreMiium Jonesy costume, with the bonus being that wearing the costume turns the Mii's taunts into the Fortnite dance. Then you can slap Sans into it and make Sans do the stupid haha funny dances on the Nintendogs stage while Ring a Ding plays in the background as Pichu uses a baseball bat to club Ridley to death. The sheer dank energy of it all would be immesurable.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I actually kinda want a PreMiium Jonesy costume, with the bonus being that wearing the costume turns the Mii's taunts into the Fortnite dance. Then you can slap Sans into it and make Sans do the stupid haha funny dances on the Nintendogs stage while Ring a Ding plays in the background as Pichu uses a baseball bat to club Ridley to death. The sheer dank energy of it all would be immesurable.
Customizable Taunts for Miis.
thanks I hate it

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
My biggest doubts about the TGA reveal come from the sense that now more than ever Nintendo feels like they're doing their own thing with marketing and reveals in comparison to others. The move towards monthly showcases, the late summer/fall rollouts of announcements, and that the past month has seemed like a focus on holiday deals/sales gives the impression of a company wanting to break big news in their own way at their own time.

That's not to say that they won't reveal anything at the Game Awards (there is a PR opportunity there), but I can't escape the idea that they're just as comfortable doing a Smash reveal come early January as they would be next week.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
So, what do ya'll think about the odds of a Smash reveal at the Game Awards? Yay or nay?
Non-comittal 50 / 50, can swing either way.

Nintendo's as quiet as Valve when it comes to announcements.

We truly are living in the dankest timeline
Ah yes, the Mii costume / character who is just made for the Tik Tok Influencers.

"See Nintendo? If you wanna go from 20 million SSBU copies to 50 million SSBU copies, you should go full social media!" :4pacman:

Need some music to go with that.

Can anyone verify that this song actually got into the SSBU website? Also, which song is this? Just to be sure.

Edit: See answer below.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If you wanna go from 20 million SSBU copies to 50 million SSBU copies, you should go full social media!
I'd think Nintendo would just be fine outnumbering Brawl's sales and certainly not having another Wii U era, but whatever.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
This dance embodies what I HATE about Fornite, it just screams "HAHAHAH LOL DUDEBRO douchebag" and I hate that that THING is one of the most popular things in gaming right now.
It's just a funny memetic dance. If anything it's one of the best things to come out of Fortnite.

On another note, the mods should put the default dance as an emote if Jonesy gets in. :yeahboi:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Oh yeah baby he's in
He snuck into Smash... in a backpack?

glances at backpack I don't trust you...
That was a couple months ago actually.

Why did this remind me of the official KFC dating sim?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Sorry for the rant here but I CAN'T STAND THE PEOPLE THAT SAY "This character that you want to be in Smash is 100% NEVER going to be added as DLC" like they know exactly what's going on at Nintendo and what's going on with Sakurai and his team. You don't see me going around and telling people who just want to play as their favorite character in Smash that "Yeah, this character you want? **** them, they're never going to be added!" pisses me off.

I'm not saying that any video game character is unlikely for Smash, but why the **** do you have to gatekeep characters that OTHER people want? Just to make them mad? That's literally just being a jerk at that point! Now I know what the Minecraft Steve supporters were going through before he got in.
I don't think this thread is really the best place to bring this up but gotta remember these people are just trolls that usually never have concrete reasons why the character is never happening and are just scared of them getting in. Not worth the time or attention they so desperately seek

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Eh, not that weird. People have mostly been focusing on profit over unique movesets for about a year and a half now anyway.
To be fair, Nintendo probably does care more about profits than unique characters. It's just that we've been relatively lucky so far in the second pass.

Both the characters they wanted (even though they really didn't care which ARMS character was chosen) had a lot of material to make them unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom