• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So I'm trying to look at legitimate candidates for voice theory. I was thinking about Devil May Cry, but I don't know very much about the series. How similar is Virgil to Dante? Could they work as palette swaps? Are their personalities too different perhaps?
Vergil from thr ground up was built as the complete and polar opposite of Dante... so no, I don't exactly think that's feasible.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
About as similar as a carrot is to an apple.
Not close enough to be Alts, or even Echoes. Vergil could work as a Semi-Clone since his Force edge and Gauntlet moveset is kind of close to how Dante fights with Rebellion and his gauntlet weapons. Vergil with his Yamato is completely Different though. Vergil and Dante's personalities are also radically different as well
Vergil from thr ground up was built as the complete and polar opposite of Dante... so no, I don't exactly think that's feasible.
Thank you. Yes, I just did a bit of reading too and it sounds like you're right. It wouldn't work.

It's really hard for me to imagine anyone but Monster Hunter at this point if this theory pans out again.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Is it wrong that I didn't even know Falcom existed before Smash speculation?

.....tbh I feel like that's probably a case for a lot of people. From everything I've heard, Falcom is much more known in Asia than the west, and has only recently started picking up steam here.
I knew them before Smash and everything, as a JRPG fan I have read about Ys or Trails games from time to time, but barely knew anything about them beyond 1 or 2 things.
Then thanks to Smash speculation and people over here my interest for their games started growing. I know people always says this but really: this is one of the cool things of Smash speculation. The 95% of franchises or games we discuss probably won't get any Smash representation in the end, but talking about different games and series sparks interest and curiosity in others.

So I'm trying to look at legitimate candidates for voice theory. I was thinking about Devil May Cry, but I don't know very much about the series. How similar is Virgil to Dante? Could they work as palette swaps? Are their personalities too different perhaps?
They're completely different in every aspect. Making Vergil an alt would be like making Meta Knight an alt of Kirby or something like that. Vergil would have to be an unique fighter to properly represent the character.

7NATOR

Smash Master
When it comes to Nintendo choosing the Characters, How do you think Nintendo of Japan, Nintendo of America, and Nintendo of Europe in choices that they bring up?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Thank you. Yes, I just did a bit of reading too and it sounds like you're right. It wouldn't work.

It's really hard for me to imagine anyone but Monster Hunter at this point if this theory pans out again.
There are several other Options I could think of...
-Sakura Shinguji and Sakura Amamiya
-Arle and Amitie
-Saber and Saber Alter
-Crash and Coco
-Gran and Djeeta
-Rune Factory Characters
-Monokuma and Monomi

For a Dante clone if you stretch reeeeeaaally far you could potentially make Nero a semi-clone.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If Vergil makes it into Smash, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be until Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Special Edition (or in Japan, Super Smash Bros. Special: Ultimate Edition?), as is tradition.

I kind of want to try writing a Vergil moveset, the more that I think about it.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If Vergil makes it into Smash, I'm guessing that it wouldn't be until Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Special Edition (or in Japan, Super Smash Bros. Special: Ultimate Edition?), as is tradition.

I kind of want to try writing a Vergil moveset, the more that I think about it.
Ultimate is already called Special in Japan, which means that instead of Dante we'll get Vergil

Shroob

Sup?
So how easy was it to guess all those games coming out is my main question.

Impressive sure, but was there any trace of them online?

7NATOR

Smash Master
I would much Prefer if we got Vergil instead of Dante, even if Dante would get in first. even then, We don't even know if Dante would be Playable

Maybe in Smash 6 We get all the 3rd parties like Ones we have now and Characters like Dante, Scorpion, Crash, Chief, etc, then in Smash 6 Special editions we get all the Cool secondary Characters like Vergil, Sephiroth, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, Zero, Sub-Zero, Noob, Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, Rain, Tremor, Akuma, Chun-Li, Iori, Kyo, Alucard, etc because Smash does not currently seem to want to add 2nd unique reps to 3rd parties

Also disregarding Smash, Nero needs to be in a fighting game, whether Smash or MVC

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I think that Smash 6 will be much smaller in scale.
I'd have to agree. Even if we got the same or even similar roster size, I'd imagine a LOT if not all the third parties would be left on the chopping block. I've a suspicion the roster would be reduced and then remixed. Keep the traditional Smash line up (Likely all the roster up to Brawl) and all the third parties and less popular first parties swapped out that were introduced in Ultimate.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I want weird wacky and not so popular first party characters which used to give Smash so much soul back in the day instead of run of the mill super popular third party characters we get nowadays which had made Smash feel soulless and sterile.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think that Smash 6 will be much smaller in scale.
Hopefully in not all areas. I'll take a Smaller Roster as long as we get the best Single Player the series has had so far, and so unique stuff like Customization and interesting mechanics and a battle royale mode

Also it depends on whether they want to totally reboot the Series, How much DLC they want to add, and etc etc

How very umu of you.

:troll:
Wait, What does Umu Mean? I believe this is an anime based term, but is it good?

Shroob

Sup?
Hopefully in not all areas. I'll take a Smaller Roster as long as we get the best Single Player the series has had so far, and so unique stuff like Customization and interesting mechanics and a battle royale mode

Also it depends on whether they want to totally reboot the Series, How much DLC they want to add, and etc etc

Wait, What does Umu Mean? I believe this is an anime based term, but is it good?
You know?

I umu
You umu
He she me umu
umu
umuing
umubology, the study of umu?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I want weird wacky and not so popular first party characters which used to give Smash so much soul back in the day instead of run of the mill super popular third party characters we get nowadays which had made Smash feel soulless and sterile.
I don't see why popular characters make the game soulless, tbh, especially when they have so much care and effort went into their portrayal.

Also, it's not like we didn't get PP, Byleth and Min Min as DLC. Your "we only get third parties now" narrative is unfounded.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know?

I umu
You umu
He she me umu
umu
umuing
umubology, the study of umu?
I Don't know what First grade you were in, But mine wasn't as cool as yours since I never learned abour Umu. It sounds like a Anime, Waifu like Term though.

Good thing that Google can teach me where First grade failed me. Apprantly it's About Love and Passion, so does this mean The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn is Calling me passionate and/or loveable?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I don't see why popular characters make the game soulless, tbh, especially when they have so much care and effort went into their portrayal.

Also,it's not like we didn't get PP, Byleth and Min Min. Your "we only get third parties now" narrative is unfounded.
It's just.... eh nevermind.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Most, if not all of the third party characters we've received have plenty of "soul" and breath a lot of life into the game.

Shroob

Sup?
So how easy was it to guess all those games coming out is my main question.

Impressive sure, but was there any trace of them online?
Anyway, to repeat myself, how easy of a guess was it for that leak to guess all those games?

I'll give it credit in that leaking soo many is a huge shock if nothing else, but I'm skeptical if info on them existed online before said leak.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually though I gotta ask

How did you guys get into Smash Speculation, and would you Consider this a Hobby of yours, since I see alot of you here almost everyday?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If I'm being quite honest, I feel like the aspect of third party characters gives Smash a whole lot of soul. It really sells the "celebration of gaming" it strives itself to be.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If I'm being quite honest, I feel like the aspect of third party characters gives Smash a whole lot of soul. It really sells the "celebration of gaming" it strives itself to be.
Agree with you.

I just feel like there's couple of missing Nintendo characters who are not fighters like Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, another NES rep like Excitebiker and others too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Obvious “not for good boys and girls” joke aside, I thought the water in fountain of dreams was shallow and basically a floor? The Mii is knee deep in it while Snake is waist deep
Agree with you.

I just feel like there's couple of missing Nintendo characters who are not fighters like Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, another NES rep like Excitebiker and others too.
Just give me Elma please... ;-;

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Obvious “not for good boys and girls” joke aside, I thought the water in fountain of dreams was shallow and basically a floor? The Mii is knee deep in it while Snake is waist deep
Sakurai makes this pics with dev tools, they don't have to reflect the actual game.

(inb4 we get Deep Fountain of Dreams as a free update)

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think for the Ultimate Celebration of Gaming to be elevated even further, Nintendo needs to Team Up with Sony, Microsoft, and all the PC Heavy Companies like valve and Epic games to create a Multi-platform Smash game that everyone can experience,

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think for the Ultimate Celebration of Gaming to be elevated even further, Nintendo needs to Team Up with Sony, Microsoft, and all the PC Heavy Companies like valve and Epic games to create a Multi-platform Smash game that everyone can experience,
Sakurai may be a god, but getting Sony to agree with that is a miracle beyond even his power.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Considering Smash is one of the biggest system sellers out there, I can only really see this happening if Nintendo gives up on making consoles.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Sakurai may be a god, but getting Sony to agree with that is a miracle beyond even his power.
Maybe now, Especially since Sony is still very Conservative about allowing Playstation characters on other Platforms, except for that one time there were Gravity rush Costumes in the Cloud Switch version of PSO2

But In due time, even if Sakurai is Retired or he's on the Other side, There will be a unison of the Big 3, plus all the PC Gods like Valve and Epic games, and all the Legendary software makers like Capcom and Sega and Square, and etc. It will take alot of negotating, Money, Alot of variables to be put into place, and for Technology to perhaps Stagnate, or on the other end rapidly improve, but this idea can become a Reality

but some of us may not be able to experience it, since we don't live forever. I use this site because i like to speculate about Smash, But you guys are fellow brothers and sisters, and I hope you guys can experience as many Smash games as possible, and see the greatness that can come from them

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom