• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shining Force was always sega owned

Camelot used to be sega owned company called sonic software (they changed to camelot because of sonic team)
Oh, I didn't even know that.

Well, I wish they'd use the series more. Even if it's not just a Strategy RPG. I honestly enjoyed Shining Force Neo and Shining Soul. They're overall still good games, just different. I got even two of their Dungeon Crawler variants(Shining in the Darkness and Sword of Hayja). Only issue with the latter is that you can't do anything but shop between battles. Shining in the Darkness is far more open overall in comparison. ...From what I remember, anyway.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
People who make Sega fighting game rosters that put sketch turner, vectorman, Toejam and earl, or a eternal champion character are the flat earthers of sega fans

SKX31

Smash Master
11 / 10. So this moveset has:

• Attacks that seemingly **** up opponents' frame data (Side B)
  • Really ****ing slow Smash attacks (and the F-Smash is apparently the combo version of Warlock Punch)
  • A Down Throw that somehow interrupts an opponent who already can't do anything during the animation.
  • Tilts that are crazy as ****. Like an Up-Tilt being a Suplex. Exactly like what Dunkaccino did to me that one time I went to the coffee shop.
  • A Dash Attack that's a combo-starter. Yey. Dash Attack -> Up Air -> Up Air -> Forward Air FTW.
  • Also, Shrek got in in this FP1.

i like how the moveset is 90% haha funny coffee attack cuz he coffee man and 10% dunkaccino ****ing summons satan
Proof that Dunkaccino and Dunkin' Donuts are in cahoots with Lucifer. :4pacman:

I love how Sakurai is giving character-specific matchup advice here. Even if "floatier characters like Ganondorf" makes me question what the hell is wrong with his build.

Also, that side Smash being a full combo in of itself is hilarious.
Yeah, Ganondorf is middle of the pack when it comes to fall speed, so not really. Unless you only count Top 10 as "fastfallers". :p

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, Ganondorf is middle of the pack when it comes to fall speed, so not really. Unless you only count Top 10 as "fastfallers". :p
Sakurai did rework Ganondorf in this timeline. It's just that instead of a more accurate moveset, he made Ganon a floaty. Truly gives his title of "king of evil" a whole new meaning.

Also, I just realized that Dunka's fair is a command grab. Like, specifically fair. And Roxas made it in, somehow.

Last edited:

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Humor me for a sec, what would Laytons trailer look like?
Since I am bored. Here goes something:

The trailer begins with a eerie fog over the London city, and a ten years old girl is seen chasing a mysterious figure on the street. The camera shot reveals the girl's face and the girl turns out to be Katrielle Layton, the daughter of Prof. Layton. Then, the camera pans over to the mysterious figure, who is revealed to be Prof. Layton. Katrielle stop and asks where her father is going. Layton tips his hat with his left hand and a Smash invitation letter can be seen in his right hand as he later begins to walks away. Katrielle who saw her father leaving, once again tried to chase him, but couldn't catch up. This sequence of event turns out to be a dream, and she is shown to be waking up from this dream. There was a morning montage of Katrielle's routine in her apartment before she took her bicycle and arrives at her detective agency. A Smash invitation letter can be seen attach to her office door, and she took the letter and found out this letter is addressed to her father. Since Prof. Layton went missing at this point in the story, Katrielle decides to takes her father's spot and becomes the Smash fighter in her father's place. A bunch of Smash gameplay montage is shown with her fighting against the other fighters and some references to the Layton series can be found during this gameplay. Lastly, the gameplay montage ends with her final smash, and before the trailer is finished, Katrielle utters her signature catchphrase, "the truth is always stranger than fiction".

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Oh, I didn't even know that.

Well, I wish they'd use the series more. Even if it's not just a Strategy RPG. I honestly enjoyed Shining Force Neo and Shining Soul. They're overall still good games, just different. I got even two of their Dungeon Crawler variants(Shining in the Darkness and Sword of Hayja). Only issue with the latter is that you can't do anything but shop between battles. Shining in the Darkness is far more open overall in comparison. ...From what I remember, anyway.
There's some decent hope of a new Shining game by camelot

Camelot brothers have recently been gone onto saying they want to make a SF4 and have reconciled with sega in recent years.
There hasn't been a new camelot game for a while now.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I just want to appreciate how neutral B tackles the other player. Not the other character on screen, the player.
Sakurai: "Now, Dunkacinno's neutral special is a throwback to that one meme where fictional characters would reach across the screen to kill people. Thanks to our programming team, we made it work!"

Sakurai pauses and looks at the screen for a moment. Then quickly reaches through and begins strangling you as you watch the presentation.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sakurai: "Now, Dunkacinno's neutral special is a throwback to that one meme where fictional characters would reach across the screen to kill people. Thanks to our programming team, we made it work!"

Sakurai pauses and looks at the screen for a moment. Then quickly reaches through and begins strangling you as you watch the presentation.
We did it lads

we made a character that brings “breaking the fourth wall” to a new level

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
does anyone want their character to get an AI Dungeon moveset?
throws dart at wall

How about... this guy?

What? This is a daily account, y'know?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
11 / 10. So this moveset has:

• Attacks that seemingly **** up opponents' frame data (Side B)
  • Really ****ing slow Smash attacks (and the F-Smash is apparently the combo version of Warlock Punch)
  • A Down Throw that somehow interrupts an opponent who already can't do anything during the animation.
  • Tilts that are crazy as ****. Like an Up-Tilt being a Suplex. Exactly like what Dunkaccino did to me that one time I went to the coffee shop.
  • A Dash Attack that's a combo-starter. Yey. Dash Attack -> Up Air -> Up Air -> Forward Air FTW.
  • Also, Shrek got in in this FP1.
Don't forget the Neutral Special that hurts your opponent in real life, as well as the confirmation that Ganondorf is based off of a real person.

SKX31

Smash Master
Sakurai did rework Ganondorf in this timeline. It's just that instead of a more accurate moveset, he made Ganon a floaty. Truly gives his title of "king of evil" a whole new meaning.

Also, I just realized that Dunka's fair is a command grab. Like, specifically fair. And Roxas made it in, somehow.
I'm pretty sure that would be a lot of peoples' (especially the Ganon thread's) worst nightmare. A Falcondorf that's floaty.

Like, imagine a Ganondorf who can now more reliably Down Air -> Down Air -> drag down N Air -> F Tilt -> Hard Read Reverse Warlock Punch.

Most people who wish for a Canondorf moveset would throw their Switches into the trash after that.

Don't forget the Neutral Special that hurts your opponent in real life, as well as the confirmation that Ganondorf is based off of a real person.
Of course. I'm willing to believe it's this guy:

(This entire set was a massive trainwreck by both players and it's legit amazing.)

Chibi Robo Zip Lash?
(This is now a Scott the Woz thread)
I still have no clue how Nintendo managed to get Mentos to sponsor Chibi Robo (just to give that franchise some hope)... and then also **** that up by having that sponsorship be in Zip Lash.

I've not played the game admittedly, but the level progression and the way to get to the final boss sounds screwed up as all hell.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Since I am bored. Here goes something:

The trailer begins with a eerie fog over the London city, and a ten years old girl is seen chasing a mysterious figure on the street. The camera shot reveals the girl's face and the girl turns out to be Katrielle Layton, the daughter of Prof. Layton. Then, the camera pans over to the mysterious figure, who is revealed to be Prof. Layton. Katrielle stop and asks where her father is going. Layton tips his hat with his left hand and a Smash invitation letter can be seen in his right hand as he later begins to walks away. Katrielle who saw her father leaving, once again tried to chase him, but couldn't catch up. This sequence of event turns out to be a dream, and she is shown to be waking up from this dream. There was a morning montage of Katrielle's routine in her apartment before she took her bicycle and arrives at her detective agency. A Smash invitation letter can be seen attach to her office door, and she took the letter and found out this letter is addressed to her father. Since Prof. Layton went missing at this point in the story, Katrielle decides to takes her father's spot and becomes the Smash fighter in her father's place. A bunch of Smash gameplay montage is shown with her fighting against the other fighters and some references to the Layton series can be found during this gameplay. Lastly, the gameplay montage ends with her final smash, and before the trailer is finished, Katrielle utters her signature catchphrase, "the truth is always stranger than fiction".
Did you really just make a Layton trailer that ends up being only a bait-and-switch? I never knew such evil existed...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People who make Sega fighting game rosters that put sketch turner, vectorman, Toejam and earl, or a eternal champion character are the flat earthers of sega fans
Can you explain this one?

I definitely understand that including them while excluding Sega's other more profitable and historically important IPs is bad, but what's wrong with including them in general?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Can you explain this one?

I definitely understand that including them while excluding Sega's other more profitable and historically important IPs is bad, but what's wrong with including them in general?
I think they have a thing against Sega of America. Something about running the company to the ground?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You kinda did lmao

but yeah, it’s awfully boring on the news front. If Nintendo telling the whole industry and insiders to STFU thing is true, then whoo were in for a hell of a wait
Uhh... I must have missed something, I have no Idea what you are talking about here

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it can't be a good addition or something other people could enjoy.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
you know, it's really funny how a one liner that took 5 seconds to think up gets 15 likes but something that took actual time and effort gets almost nothing.

i say "funny" but it's actually incredibly disappointing.
I was pretty pleased my Simpsons meme got a response commensurate to the time I spent on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom