• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
To my knowledge no since they don't ever have new Spirits with them. A Spirit Event could possibly disconfirm a character, though I think they generally use old Spirits as well nowadays.
Pretty much. Some Spirit Board events use exclusively old Spirits (usually themed around thing instead of game - there's one exception I can think of, and that's that Lotus / Natah from Warframe was introduced with a Spirit Board event themed around the color black). Generally, it's those themed after a specific game that should be watched out for, although it can happen otherwise too.

Come and join us

Jumps right in.

Me right now, as I'm experiencing the transformation into a Nirvana-like state (edit, a bit loud, but not as loud as his later Melee edits / YTPs):

Do you know where we will hear about CP7?
View attachment 287311
Yes, on that dot. That is the dot we call home.
[Insert joke about CP7 actually being on the other side of the universe because of some quantum fluctuations.]

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Knowing that Bump of Chicken did the music in that Pokemon video makes me also root for this guy aside from Lloyd and Velvet.

If it's Luke as the Tales rep, I want to see screenshots of him abusing Pichu and Pikachu.
I still remember buying Tales of the Abyss as not only my first Tales of game, but also not realize just how

dark

it'd get

Hoo boy

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know how they are ever going to top Ultimate, like at all.

People play the game mainly for the characters, not because of the fighting core aspect.
I play smash because of the fighting mechanics. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that. Yes I'm interested in the characters quite a bit and the games they come from, but at my core I'm a bit more towards the competitive side than casual.

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Maybe the reason it’s taking so long to release fighter 7 is that they’re working on a new mode that’ll release with the fighter? I know he said “this’ll probably be the last mode” but what else could be taking them this long if development has been going smoothly? Is the fighter this complicated? Is it a third party and the other company decided half way through development that they couldn’t use the character anymore? Has it been done and they’re waiting to announce it with some game or something? I hope this character is a good one

D

Deleted member

If the multiverse theory were to be true, there is a universe where Nintendo just said "**** it!" and announced a presentation for CP7 today.

There could be a multiverse where we speculate about Playstation vs All Stars, and Smash is just an irrelevant game.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
[Insert joke about CP7 actually being on the other side of the universe because of some quantum fluctuations.]
Of course smash would be the only thing powerful enough to take the Higgs Boson down to it's lowest possible vacuum energy and cause a bubble to expand at the speed of light to engulf the universe, destroy the fundamental forces of nature and end reality as we know it :V

D

Deleted member

Well, tbh, we have Dark Energy which is accelerating the expansion of the universe faster than the speed of light. So... hm. Makes me wonder if it happened in another region of the universe, if we would be safe? 🤔
So I guess Darkhorn would win the war. Our only hope would be Kirby, as he would be the only survivor if this happened.

SKX31

Smash Master
Pack it in folks. We will never get CP7 because it's moving away from us at a rate even light cannot keep up with.
Hey wait, chances are that Sakurai's letter wound up somewhere in that case:

...Oh god, "You'll Never see it coming!" would be too dark in this context. Both figuratively and literally.

Well, tbh, we have Dark Energy which is accelerating the expansion of the universe faster than the speed of light. So... hm. Makes me wonder if it happened in another region of the universe, if we would be safe? 🤔
I wouldn't be resting on my laurels in case someone finds out how to scale up the reaction to a certain degree and produce Subspace Bombs out of the pure concentrated unholiness that is (Smash+Higgs Boson in its lowest possible vacuum energy). Especially if Tabuu (who I'm convinced is made out of Antimatter) figures out how to interact with that without self-destructing himself.

Maybe the reason it’s taking so long to release fighter 7 is that they’re working on a new mode that’ll release with the fighter? I know he said “this’ll probably be the last mode” but what else could be taking them this long if development has been going smoothly? Is the fighter this complicated? Is it a third party and the other company decided half way through development that they couldn’t use the character anymore? Has it been done and they’re waiting to announce it with some game or something? I hope this character is a good one
Could be combination of any of these honestly, but I wouldn't be surprised if its any of these:

A) The character's done, it's just the marketing team that's putting it on hold for now.
B) Slight delays here and there have accumulated.
C) They've needed to make further adjustments to online, as Sakurai promised in 8.1's patch notes.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Lightweight Tourney this week

Shroob

Sup?
Time to get to work!

Except I have NO IDEA how to do so.

D

Deleted member

Damn it, my HEART.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If amiibo theory holds up and if it's still shifting between spirits and tourneys. I'm predicting CP7 to be released on the 12th-16th of October.

Shroob

Sup?
If they really skipped the "new fighter tournament", the ID for this tournament should still be later on than the skipped ones right?
That's potentially correct.

If it's like, right behind the photo contest/the last tournament, there's still room for plausible deniability, but if it's just smack in the middle of the missing ones, then yes absolutely.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Basically:

If this Spirit Event's number is after the last one, then yes, they skipped the character.

If this Spirit Event is like, literally the post before the photo contest/last spirit event, there's still a very, very good chance they skipped the character.

If this Spirit Event is just smack in the middle of the missing news posts, then all bets are off.

Shroob

Sup?
Likely next week we'll get him/her announced. We're so close.
Or the next week.

As it stands, ignoring anything else coming this week, the next two weeks are completely free of any news outside of shadow dropped games. We have literally nothing to look forward to news-wise until Crown Tundra on the 22nd and Pikmin 3 after on the 30th.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or the next week.

As it stands, ignoring anything else coming this week, the next two weeks are completely free of any news outside of shadow dropped games. We have literally nothing to look forward to news-wise until Crown Tundra on the 22nd and Pikmin 3 after on the 30th.
Just as long as its just this month, that's all I and many others ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom