• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
A friend of mine pointed out that NoA's twitter unpinned their pinned tweet. Of course, not everything is Smash, but one would think they would've already pinned one of the Pokemon ones if that was the plan.

EDIT: On second thought, the AC update comes out tomorrow, so...
There's also Mario 35 battle royale coming thursday, so I don,t think we'll see smash this week at this point.

D

Deleted member

When FP2 ends, what are all of you going to do? Speculate about the next Smash game? That game isn't coming out in literally years, or it may not even come out.
Well I'll pretty much be done with Smashboards when Vol 2 comes to a close and it's offically the last set of DLC for Ultimate. I won't delete my account or anything, but when we officially get closure, I'll wrap up my thoughts on DLC overall and stop logging on to here.

D

Deleted member

I don't know how they are ever going to top Ultimate, like at all.

People play the game mainly for the characters, not because of the fighting core aspect.

SKX31

Smash Master
When FP2 ends, what are all of you going to do? Speculate about the next Smash game? That game isn't coming out in literally years, or it may not even come out.
You know, serious stuff like getting my Masters / Doctorate, hopefully getting a job that I'm kind of comfortable with, practice IDJ combos with my Cloud and wreck even more face with the "unexpected killer", aka. Limit Climbhazzard...

The usual stuff. :4dedede:

Maybe post in the social thread, but I'll be less active. I'll also be in my early 30s by then.

D

Deleted member

So... I might be able to mathematically approximate when the next Sakurai showcase is. 👀

TL;DR:
  • I made an equation where a DLC Release Date was Y and a Sakurai Showcase was X via Desmos.
  • Considering both Y and X are traditionally in close proximity, the equation seems to fit well.
  • So, I took Joker and Hero's NA Amiibo Date, and put them into the NA Amiibo Theory equations I had.
  • I got three possible release dates found with variations of the same equation (+stdev, -stdev, avg).
  • I took all three variations and plugged them into the sakurai showcases equations.
  • This means, I got three possible sakurai showcase dates from each release date.
  • Meaning, I got 9 sakurai showcase dates overall.

Note: All the data is based on the North American region.

Here's a diagram of everything I got.

However, using current stuff we know, I was able to cross out some stuff and boil things down.

Here's why I boiled things down the way I did:

• The Top Right was crossed out because those dates already exist.
  • The Bottom Left was left alone because they can still technically happen. However, I feel October 26th would be too close to Pokemon imo.
  • Which is why I circled Oct. 15th and the (AVG) Sakurai Presents Date. Seems like that could be a really good sweetspot.

Of course, please temper your expectations with this. This is still just math. It is not a Magic 8-Ball or anything like that and it is possible for this to be wrong. However, it is fun to think about!
Do you have a phD on Mathematics or something? This is amazing.

Shroob

Sup?
So, now considering since we have Crown Tundra pinned for the 22nd, and Pikmin 3 HD the week after, the next 2 weeks are what we're looking at?

Okay then.

Considering Mario 35 comes out this week, we are officially in the "No more news" zone in regards to Nintendo, until Crown Tundra comes out. Everything will have either a set release date, or will have already come out, this week and these next 2 weeks are critical, otherwise, yeah, November.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm probably going to leave, but I might come back when the next Smash is announced. But like other users, I'll be in my late 20's and will probably be in my masters and (hopefully) have a more stable job, so I might not have a lot of time to come here.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, now considering since we have Crown Tundra pinned for the 22nd, and Pikmin 3 HD the week after, the next 2 weeks are what we're looking at?

Okay then.

Considering Mario 35 comes out this week, we are officially in the "No more news" zone in regards to Nintendo, until Crown Tundra comes out. Everything will have either a set release date, or will have already come out, this week and these next 2 weeks are critical, otherwise, yeah, November.
Another shadowdrop that comes out of nowhere. Something neat... but not huge.
Repeat until Holiday 2020.

D

Deleted member

I will give my two cents on SwSh. It may not amount to much, but here is my poor opinion.

I was VERY critical of SwSh a while ago, but I would say the DLC improved it a bit. I just think Pokemon needs to take their time on their games more. If we get a game similar to SwSh, I cannot imagine how fast the community would tear itself apart.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You'll find me chilling off and on in social threads. I'll pop in gameplay focused threads too for discussion if it's a topic that interests me.

As for speculating the next Smash? That's such a long ways away that I can't really say. Depends on where I'm at in life, I suppose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In the end of FP2, I could very well be at Scandinavia, so I can pursue some good stuff easier.

I will also probably be focused on a new game that isn't Terraria, because I have a thing where I get extremely into a game and its community, which was the case for Terraria now. Last time it was Three Houses, but I moved on from that after a while of the game concluding. I really enjoy Terraria now, but that could easily change when I play a new game I have.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Do you have a phD on Mathematics or something? This is amazing.
I wish lol. I'm just a college student lmao.

Is this something that's a big deal?
afaik, they save pinned tweets for important news worthy things. not only that, NOE pinned the pokemon stuff earlier... while NOA unpinned their previous zelda tweet... and hasn't pinned a tweet since. so either, they're lagging behind... or... something else is brewing. so... IDK

Shroob

Sup?
I wish lol. I'm just a college student lmao.

afaik, they save pinned tweets for important news worthy things. not only that, NOE pinned the pokemon stuff earlier... while NOA unpinned their previous zelda tweet... and hasn't pinned a tweet since. so either, they're lagging behind... or... something else is brewing. so... IDK
I mean, if NOE pinned it, seems more like NOA is just lagging behind, right? Can't imagine that NOE would pin Pokemon just to take it down a couple days later for Smash.

D

Deleted member

It is still pretty funny to me that all of you hated talking about Geno before, but now some actually miss Geno talks.

How low can we go?

SKX31

Smash Master
Fade away into the aether and be content knowing that I've successfully co-opted the word neon in 90% of the minds here.
So you're implying that you've already managed to reach Nirvana?

Wait, your previous messages, there's something in them- OH MY GAAAAAAHD!

I SEE, I SEE IT NOW! :4pacman:

As for speculating the next Smash? That's such a long ways away that I can't really say. Depends on where I'm at in life, I suppose.
Yeah - thing is, I'm expecting Sakurai and crew to take a vacation, and he might convince Furukawa and co. that he wants to go pursue another project before commiting to a possible Smash 6. So that's pretty much why I think Smash 6 won't be a thing until the late 2020s.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
the AC update happens tonight at 9 est
Nope! AC update is actually tomorrow~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgN42ewTtE

Here's a quote of the description:
Code:
Find spooky surprises with the Fall update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, arriving on 9/30! 🕸🎃🍬
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mean, if NOE pinned it, seems more like NOA is just lagging behind, right? Can't imagine that NOE would pin Pokemon just to take it down a couple days later for Smash.
If that were my bet, that's the most likely explanation imo.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom