• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm, NoA is tweeting EXCLUSIVELY about Pokémon... wouldn’t it only be bust if they tweeted about something else that wasn’t Smash?

Idk, I feel like we should wait. With how inconsistent their timing has been, I’ve come to expect the unexpected

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We get tired when people talk about Smash for everything, and pretend Smash is the only hype thing.

"Pokemon Direct? Smash?"

"Mario Direct? Smash?"

They also pretend Smash is the only hype announcement, when there are many other great games that could be releasing soon.
Again, this is the Super Smash Bros. Newcomer DLC Speculation Thread. Of course most of the conversation is gonna be "Smash When?" because that's literally the only thing we're here to discuss. If "we" were truly tired of the subject, we wouldn't be here. We're not even exclusively talking about Smash right now, there's a side conversation about Pokémon Sword & Shield right now.

For some of us, Super Smash Bros. is the only hype announcement, for others, it's just the top thing on their minds. Granted, the idea that Nintendo has nothing good right now is a bad take, but what's it to you if people are just not excited with what they've got at the moment?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Smash is the 'most' hype for me. But definitely a lot of other nintendo games are in my faves. I like a lot of games in general too, except for certain genres or styles I don't like.

D

Deleted member

Great, now people are going to bully me for being "uncultured" again, even though I was AWARE of the joke, I just hesitated.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

...Are you OK?

It sounds like you have some terrible friends if that's your takeaway from not making a joke.
I am going to end this with just this:

Why is it always when I make a harmless joke, or it is the same as all of yours, it is met with tough backlash?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I am going to end this with just this:

Why is it always when I make a harmless joke, or it is the same as all of yours, it is met with tough backlash?

What?

Are you referring to the "Other games exist" thing? 'Cuz if you were kidding, you worded it pretty genuinely. If you're talking about something else, then it's not something I've seen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I usually get a like or someone will come back with a better joke. Again, never seen you get bullied here though, you're beating yourself up before anyone ever has a chance to beat you up.

Whatever, let's move on.

So how's Sword and Shield going?
I'm not buying anything Pokemon this generation, I think the business practices are scummy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

There was a polish amiibo leak from several months ago that seems to be coming true?

yes I know it’s from that thread but can anyone confirm?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Whatever, let's move on.

So how's Sword and Shield going?
Alright, I'll leave it alone, but I feel there is some severe miscommunication going on here.

For a while, I've been wanting to play it, but there was no more stuff to do in order to play, and the DLC does not have enough stuff to justify buying it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright, I'll leave it alone, but I feel there is some severe miscommunication going on here.

For a while, I've been wanting to play it, but there was no more stuff to do in order to play, and the DLC does not have enough stuff to justify buying it.
Depends how much the dlc is. It could be fun but depending on how long it is I wouldn't pay more than 7$-10$ or something

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Aight, here’s a thing, next character is from Bandai-Namco. Who do you see it being logically and who do you WANT it to be?

my prediction: Yuri Lowell

my want: Soul of Cinder

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aight, here’s a thing, next character is from Bandai-Namco. Who do you see it being logically and who do you WANT it to be?

A soul calibur character. Kos-mos if not.

I know people want nightmare, but eh.. I'd prefer sophitia

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Prediction: Lloyd (if the costume doesn’t return) or a Dark Souls character (If it does)
Want: KOS-MOS

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
yes I know it’s from that thread but can anyone confirm?
I think the only person who could confirm comes from that thread.
Oh come on, it's the Geno Thread not Voldemort!

Honestly, the retort is unnecessary to begin with.

Depends how much the dlc is. It could be fun but depending on how long it is I wouldn't pay more than 7$-10$ or something
I believe it's $30 for both (and they aren't sold separately), and most of it is busy work.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh come on, it's the Geno Thread not Voldemort!

Honestly, the retort is unnecessary to begin with.

I believe it's $30 for both (and they aren't sold separately), and most of it is busy work.
30$ is too much for me. I'll wait to see if it's worth it or not.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace

my prediction: Lloyd Irving

my want: Nightmare

my hopes: Nightmare

my dreams: NIGHTMARE

my desire: NIGHTMARE

please, oh god please: N I G H T M A R E

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
30$ is too much for me. I'll wait to see if it's worth it or not.
The first part is out already, so you can check out reviews on it if you're interested. I personally don't think it's worth $15, and was hoping that the Crown Tundra would make up for the rest, but it doesn't seem like I will.

I will be checking out what it has to offer, but I don't really have my hopes up.

my prediction: Lloyd Irving

my want: Nightmare

my hopes: Nightmare

my dreams: NIGHTMARE

my desire: NIGHTMARE

please, oh god please: N I G H T M A R E
MITSURUGI CUTS IN!!

I know that's not clever but I don't actually know anything about the character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The first part is out already, so you can check out reviews on it if you're interested. I personally don't think it's worth $15, and was hoping that the Crown Tundra would make up for the rest, but it doesn't seem like I will.

I will be checking out what it has to offer, but I don't really have my hopes up.

MITSURUGI CUTS IN!!

I know that's not clever but I don't actually know anything about the character.
15$ is the most I would've been willing to pay I think.
I'm not as dedicated to the new generation, but I know plenty of people who'll want to get it.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given the big meh response I've seen even from Pokemon fans about the DLC video, I will say that if this is our only big announcement this week, its probably the weakest one we've had in the past month and half, with maybe only the second Partner Showcase as competition.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman

My prediction: Lloyd Irving

My want: Any Tales rep (Lloyd, Yuri, Jude, Milla, Velvet, heck I’ll take Asbel)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

MITSURUGI CUTS IN!!

IVY

...is not for good boys and girls of all ages so she gets nothing. Not even a Spirit. But since I made you curious you’re gonna google her anyway lmaoooo

:secretkpop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom