• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Aight, here’s a thing, next character is from Bandai-Namco. Who do you see it being logically and who do you WANT it to be?

my prediction: Yuri Lowell

my want: Soul of Cinder
Prediction: Dark Souls' player character.

Want: KOS-MOS (aaaand she's somewhere, probably not in Smash though*). With Yuri second and Reiji / Xiaomu third.

*If you wonder where she is:

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes. The wøndërful telephøne system. And mäni interesting furry animals. Including the majestik møøse. A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

:4pacman:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also, I've since have settled down, going to try to do better. If I start getting carried away again, I'll simply leave.

Also, have you guys heard of this Polish leak from the Geno thread? What are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
From Namco-Bandai I want Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation System, aka KOSMOS. She is the mascot of Monolith soft, we still don’t have a dlc fighter from a spaced/science fiction theme and from her appearance at Proyect x Zone games, I think that she can have a fun and varied moveset using all her arsenal of weapons. In addition, Xenosaga (and Xeno in general) has a lot of good tracks that they can add. They can use her Xenoblade 2 design as its more suitable for “good boys and girls”.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also, I've since have settled down, going to try to do better. If I start getting carried away again, I'll simply leave.

Also, have you guys heard of this Polish leak from the Geno thread? What are everyone's thoughts?
Haven't heard of it, I don't check much the geno thread anymore.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Every time I enter this thread and see a bunch of new pages, I'm always thinking "please tell me they announced the next Smash presentation." I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow with something to look forward to...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
15$ is the most I would've been willing to pay I think.
I'm not as dedicated to the new generation, but I know plenty of people who'll want to get it.
Oh I'm sure there are millions who have already bought it.

As for me, this generation of Pokémon just gives me profound sadness.

*If you wonder where she is:

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes. The wøndërful telephøne system. And mäni interesting furry animals. Including the majestik møøse. A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.
Moose moose moose moose moose moose moose moose moose moose...

...Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation System, aka KOSMOS.
D...did they really just put her entire name in the acronym? Why not just call her Kosmos then?

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
IVY

...is not for good boys and girls of all ages so she gets nothing. Not even a Spirit. But since I made you curious you’re gonna google her anyway lmaoooo

:secretkpop:
Ivy could totally be a spirit if they used artwork of her in a different outfit, like this Soulcalibur 2 outfit.

I highly doubt any of the major fan favorites would be left out as spirits or cameos if Soulcalibur got a character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh I'm sure there are millions who have already bought it.

As for me, this generation of Pokémon just gives me profound sadness.

D...did they really just put her entire name in the acronym? Why not just call her Kosmos then?
Just curious, but what about this generation makes you sad?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just curious, but what about this generation makes you sad?
Just the sheer amount of missed potential, both from things they've already added, but taken out because they want it to be that generation's "thing", and from stuff they haven't even done yet.

EDIT: That and their lack of faith in their players to preform simple tasks like walking next door and like, thinking in general.
EDIT EDIT: And also the lack of polish.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Whatever, let's move on.

So how's Sword and Shield going?
It's going great! My team is Infernape, Mega Beedrill, Ampharos, Floatzel, Gogoat and Gliscor. It's crazy that no one has picked up a mega stone yet. It's so easy to find.

Aight, here’s a thing, next character is from Bandai-Namco. Who do you see it being logically and who do you WANT it to be?

Prediction: I'll go with Jin Kazama.

My want: Klonoa

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just the sheer amount of missed potential, both from things they've already added, but taken out because they want it to be that generation's "thing", and from stuff they haven't even done yet.
Like what thingss did they miss potential?
I think gigantamaxing is a bit dumb. I mean I already wasnt a fan of megas, and maybe it's better if more pokemon can be strong, but I feel like it just makes battle strategy less interesting.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for the next fighter to be a gen 8 Pokemon and at the end of the Sakurai presents we get another code for a hat Pikachu.

This is the first thing I thought of when thinking about the codes. I'm not sure why.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, pretty much everything today lined up 1:1 with the datamine.

Ignoring SwSd's quality for a moment.... how does Gamefreak not realize that all these years later, leaving files in the game is really, REALLY bad.
Because that's often just a simple result of coding.

Sometimes its unavoidable. Which is why a huge amount of games do it.

This isn't just a Game Freak problem.

TheBeastHimself

The only thing I don't like about the latest Pokemon gen is how it takes zero advantage of the Switch hardware. It just looks like a 3DS game ported to the Switch. (Also, gigamaxing is a pointless gimmick)

Shroob

Sup?
Because that's often just a simple result of coding.

Sometimes its unavoidable. Which is why a huge amount of games do it.

This isn't just a Game Freak problem.
Yeah but they keep doing it is the thing. It happened with Ultimate, but then they quickly brushed those files under the rug. Ever since what, XY, they've just left massive spoiler chunks in the code, and then they left an entire dex in a demo back in ORAS.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm curious about this "leak". Mostly to possibly smooth away the worries in case it is one of my few characters who I don't want in Smash whatsoever.

My prediction: Souls rep.

My want: Tales rep or KOS-MOS.

Speaking of Namco, it will always surprise me how they never got a Mappy stage into Ultimate. That stage was meant for Smash and the game is still pretty fun to play.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm curious about this "leak". Mostly to possibly smooth away the worries in case it is one of my few characters who I don't want in Smash whatsoever.

My prediction: Souls rep.

My want: Tales rep or KOS-MOS.

Speaking of Namco, it will always surprise me how they never got a Mappy stage into Ultimate. That stage was meant for Smash and the game is still pretty fun to play.
That's because they're saving it for when Mappy inevitably becomes a fighter. He got his own Medley, after all.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Like what thingss did they miss potential?
I think gigantamaxing is a bit dumb. I mean I already wasnt a fan of megas, and maybe it's better if more pokemon can be strong, but I feel like it just makes battle strategy less interesting.
The strength of the Pokémon doesn't really correlate with strategy at all, that's GameFreak's fault for not designing interesting encounters.

What I'm talking about though, are things like Walking Pokémon, which weren't a thing even though everyone wanted it until recently, except you can only do it in the DLC areas, and they somehow made the feature suck. They had really cool ideas for different wild encounters like Horde Battles, SOS Battles, and Double Battles, but they were all thrown away before anything super interesting could be done with them. Heck, even just including all of them in one game could make wild encounters more exciting across the board.

With current stuff, the Wild Area is a great idea, but in execution it's the most barren and least interesting place in the game. Why can't I catch higher level Pokémon if I work for it hard enough. Sure it could make the game easy for me but there's an easy to access and unlimited source of Exp. right there in the Dynamax dens! Speaking of which, why can't I solo these things? Why must you give me such garbage trainers that die in one hit?

As for things they haven't done yet, I'd love to see dynamic weather be a thing (no the Wild Area does not count. It's only in that area and is done in the weirdest way possible; it's not even close to being what I meant by dynamic weather), or each Gym Leader or equivalent spicing things up with their battles. I'd still make the first one a single battle, but beyond that you could bring back a Totem Pokémon style fight, or have one challenge you to a Horde Battle. The possibilities are endless here. Speaking of which, it would be amazing if we could challenge each gym in any order. Just have the routes scale in level around your current team, and the gyms scale around your badge count. Don't scale the routes based on badge count though, I hate not being able to raise low level Pokémon because everything's level 60 now.

There's just so much they could add, and a lot of it could go a long way in improving the series's quality, but they don't.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
So... what's the Polish leak?
Basically a leak back in May that said certain amiibos will re-stock in September such as:

-Smash Mario and Luigi
-Smash Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Young Link
-Ryu
-Cloud (both versions)
-All the Breath of the Wild Amiibo
-All the Splatoon Amiibo (except Smash Inkling, weirdly)
-Super Mario Peach and Boo

Cloud is confirmed to getting restocked and so our friends over there believe that he could tie-in to FP7 being a Square rep, but have these kinds of tie-ins ever happened before? :p

Shroob

Sup?
Basically a leak back in May that said certain amiibos will re-stock in September such as:

-Smash Mario and Luigi
-Ryu
-Cloud (both versions)

Cloud is confirmed to getting restocked and so our friends over there believe that he could tie-in to FP7 being a Square rep, but have these kinds of tie-ins ever happened before? :p
That just sounds like Amiibo theory

With extra steps.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The strength of the Pokémon doesn't really correlate with strategy at all, that's GameFreak's fault for not designing interesting encounters.

What I'm talking about though, are things like Walking Pokémon, which weren't a thing even though everyone wanted it until recently, except you can only do it in the DLC areas, and they somehow made the feature suck. They had really cool ideas for different wild encounters like Horde Battles, SOS Battles, and Double Battles, but they were all thrown away before anything super interesting could be done with them. Heck, even just including all of them in one game could make wild encounters more exciting across the board.

With current stuff, the Wild Area is a great idea, but in execution it's the most barren and least interesting place in the game. Why can't I catch higher level Pokémon if I work for it hard enough. Sure it could make the game easy for me but there's an easy to access and unlimited source of Exp. right there in the Dynamax dens! Speaking of which, why can't I solo these things? Why must you give me such garbage trainers that die in one hit?

As for things they haven't done yet, I'd love to see dynamic weather be a thing (no the Wild Area does not count. It's only in that area and is done in the weirdest way possible; it's not even close to being what I meant by dynamic weather), or each Gym Leader or equivalent spicing things up with their battles. I'd still make the first one a single battle, but beyond that you could bring back a Totem Pokémon style fight, or have one challenge you to a Horde Battle. The possibilities are endless here. Speaking of which, it would be amazing if we could challenge each gym in any order. Just have the routes scale in level around your current team, and the gyms scale around your badge count. Don't scale the routes based on badge count though, I hate not being able to raise low level Pokémon because everything's level 60 now.

There's just so much they could add, and a lot of it could go a long way in improving the series's quality, but they don't.
Ok thanks for explaining. Wasn't things I expected lol. But everyone has things they focus on.
I almost never like scaling in rpgs, I find it makes it feel pointless to level up. I'd just want them to always have a hard mode, because the gyms are too easy now.. wellthe games are too easy now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what do you guys think? Do you think we will get a Sakurai presents announced this week or do you think it won't be until next week?

I say there's a good chance for this week giving it up until Friday with Monday showing it, chances are though I'm leaning towards the announcement and release sometime next week. Hope I'm wrong though.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

-Smash Mario and Luigi
-Ryu
-Cloud (both versions)

I don't think so, no. Even if they were, couldn't Ryu tie into a Capcom rep, or the Zelda cast into a Zelda rep?

SKX31

Smash Master
Was kinda expecting you to call out the fact I referenced one of the perhaps most over-referenced films out there. That said: like Canada, moose are a major tourist attraction here. They are heavy animals though, so might wanna keep distance.

Börk Börk Börk. :4dedede:

So what do you guys think? Do you think we will get a Sakurai presents announced this week or do you think it won't be until next week?

I say there's a good chance for this week giving it up until Friday with Monday showing it, chances are though I'm leaning towards the announcement and release sometime next week. Hope I'm wrong though.
I'm giving a 50 / 50 on this week or the next really, although I'm not hardcommitting to this or next week.

That just sounds like Amiibo theory

With extra steps.
I don't think so, no. Even if they were, couldn't Ryu tie into a Capcom rep, or the Zelda cast into a Zelda rep?
Besides saying "That's what I was thinking too."... if Nintendo advertised something to tie in with amiibo restockings, the Smash fandom at large would've already noticed that. It doesn't feel like the strongest connection.

Dang, and I was hoping that the Polish leak had something to do with CDPR. That'd have spun the general fandom into a frenzy.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Polish amiibo theory is basically held up by stitches and wishful thinking. It comes from a strangely esoteric source, has no precedence to support it and I honestly think it would have been forgotten long ago if a certain someone in the Geno thread didn't spam it every time it had the chance to do so.

dream1ng

Smash Lord

-Smash Mario and Luigi
-Ryu
-Cloud (both versions)

...it looks like they're just restocking amiibo that probably sold well, or have a large audience. Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Cloud and Ryu.

There's no market connection between a character like Cloud and Geno. There's a legal connection, but that doesn't translate to Cloud fans necessarily wanting to buy a Geno amiibo, or vice versa.

TheBeastHimself

I don't think the peeps over at the Geno thread are taking the Polish leak too seriously either, just something interesting they noted. They think it's cool that Mario and Cloud are both getting restocked at the same time, hence "could Geno be incoming?!" but I believe that's more of a joke than serious thoughts.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I almost never like scaling in rpgs, I find it makes it feel pointless to level up.
That's a valid point. You could do like the Xenoblade Chronicles series and have encounters of all levels show up in every major area. That way you could pick the path to the next town that's the most interesting to you. Just start the game and you're going through Route 1? Take the easy path with level 3-5 Pokémon. Did you go the other way and are now coming back to Route 1 to go to your 8th gym? Take the path with those elite trainers with level 60+ Pokémon over there.

Was kinda expecting you to call out the fact I referenced one of the perhaps most over-referenced films out there. That said: like Canada, moose are a major tourist attraction here. They are heavy animals though, so might wanna keep distance.

Börk Börk Börk. :4dedede:
Oh I knew the reference. I was pretty sure the second sacking was followed by pretty much just moose before the actual movie starts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom