• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Paradox Interative?! On the Switch?

Mark that in the "Companies I didn't expect to reach the console at all, but did" category. (Unless I missed something)

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
It would actually be a crying shame if Mh doesn't get any newcomer after 2 exclusive games just got announced.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Paradox Interative?! On the Switch?

Mark that in the "Companies I didn't expect to reach the console at all, but did" category. (Unless I missed something)
They were already on the Switch with Cities Skylines. The Natural Disasters expansion for it was what had to be censored in the September 2018 Direct.

SKX31

Smash Master
They were already on the Switch with Cities Skylines. The Natural Disasters expansion for it was what had to be censored in the September 2018 Direct.
Ah, gotcha. Swore that I missed something with them, but their trademark series (Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Stellaris) haven't been on a Nintendo console.

So Balan, Rune Factory and Ori huh? And a Monster Hunter Direct? Now things are getting intriguing.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm actually impressed with this Direct. Nothing new that I was interested in, but the release date for Ori and the Will of the Wisps was a pleasant surprise (though I still need to play the first one), and they more than one game that was better than WWE shovelware.

Balan Wonderland was probably the highlight for me.

I'm a sucker for a good platformer, especially if it's 3D since we don't see that as much.
And a non-puzzle co-op game no less. Those are incredibly rare.

D

Deleted member

Well, that certainly was a Big Direct. I love the Disgaea series, but the switch to 3D did not help it. I dont know if it was just the way the trailer was made or if it was an early build, but it looked like something that could have been done in the PS2 era.

Ori and Hades are both cool; with Hades available today, I may pick it up. I forget how long ago I saw the reveal for it; glad its finally available.

This all seems like stuff that would have been in a big Nintendo Presentation (coupled with first party announcements too). It feels like the second half of a big direct that they'd have around E3. It's about time they showed off some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom