• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Zippo is either speculating or hinting that the Nintendo Dream game is, in fact, the new Monster Hunter

so it’ll probably not be announced tomorrow if there’s a mini. Other things might be though

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
If we get monster hunter as a fighter then how will they handle the 2 songs it got located in the (other) series section in my music?

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we get monster hunter as a fighter then how will they handle the 2 songs it got located in the (other) series section in my music?
It'll probably take them out and move them to the Monster Hunter section. I'd imagine Sakurai would go over it in Monster Hunter's overview livestream like with the Mii Costumes, saying "When you download Monster Hunter's DLC, the two songs will no longer be playable on the Miscellaneous stages. As a result, the Miitopia stage now plays (So and so) as a default song instead of Vs. Rathalos."

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Could they just like leave it as it is instead of removing them?

Shroob

Sup?
Could they just like leave it as it is instead of removing them?
No. If MonHun is coming, they'd get new music and a series icon unless they pull a FF and "lol2songs".

For retro series like G&W it's one thing, but this is a brand new 3rd party IP joining the roster, having its music under "MISC" would be really weird.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
So is a Partner Showcase this week largely highlighting MH for Switch going into the TGS and perhaps a Sakurai presents the week after doesn't feel entirely out of the question at this point, even if the latter is likely wishful thinking on my part.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So is a Partner Showcase this week largely highlighting MH for Switch going into the TGS and perhaps a Sakurai presents the week after doesn't feel entirely out of the question at this point, even if the latter is likely wishful thinking on my part.
Was the Byleth Sakurai presents announced outside of a direct, mini or otherwise? How about Min Min?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It just occurred to me that if Monster Hunter songs just get added to Miscellaneous we could play MEGALOVANIA over Deviljho barging in and ruining everything

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Both Byleth and MinMin weren't announced in Directs.
I guess that raises the possibility of FP7 being first party, I think they’d announce a third party in an actual direct; Mini, Smash dedicated, or otherwise

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
I guess that raises the possibility of FP7 being first party, I think they’d announce a third party in an actual direct; Mini, Smash dedicated, or otherwise
They just said arms was getting a fighter in a direct mini back in March

Shroob

Sup?
Possible, but Mini Directs, and Directs in general, just seem dead outside of game-specific ones at the current point of time.

A lack of conclusive info at the current time shouldn't be taken as evidence for anything.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Both Byleth and MinMin weren't announced in Directs.
I remember when Byleth was first revealed and people were angry, but has since cooled down
Tho I should mention that an ARMS character (before it was announced to Min Min) was in a Mini Direct back in March.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember when Byleth was first revealed and people were angry, but has since cooled down
Tho I should mention that an ARMS character (before it was announced to Min Min) was in a Mini Direct back in March.
Yes, we know that ARMs was announced in March.

The question was in regards to when did the teaser for MinMin's reveal date go up, and was it in a Direct or not, which it was not.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Update from zippo:

“It’s not” meaning it’s not the ND title
That to me does slightly shake up the next two weeks. I think we will get a Partner Showcase this month, but the question is whether its before or concurrent to the TGS and whether or not Nintendo decides to have a notable announcement on the other week (Sakurai presents included).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That to me does slightly shake up the next two weeks. I think we will get a Partner Showcase this month, but the questions is its before or concurrent to the TGS and whether or not Nintendo decides to have a notable announcement on the other week (Sakurai presents included).
Shinobi's confident that MonHun is coming before TGS, so I'd say that MonHun is definitely being shown off soon, something that Zippo agrees with.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, at this point, expecting a Mini at all is just pointless. We already have it on good authority that Nintendo's holiday lineup barring DLC is done.

Partner showcases will still probably come, and Monster Hunter is probably a lock by now, but there's not gonna be a General or Mini this year, let 'em go.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Shinobi's confident that MonHun is coming before TGS, so I'd say that MonHun is definitely being shown off soon, something that Zippo agrees with.
Capcom's not doing their presentation specifically till the 26th & 27th so that would still give time in the preceding couple of days for a Partner Showcase on the Wednesday or Thursday before to do the big reveal.

Last edited:

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we know that ARMs was announced in March.

The question was in regards to when did the teaser for Min Min's reveal date go up, and was it in a Direct or not, which it was not.
That's a good point.
Honestly I have no Idea when that reveal went up, Maybe will get the next character ether in late September or early October.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Are we sure the inevitable MonHun game is even a full on Monster Hunter game and not like a racing game or another spinoff like Monster Hunter Stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom