• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I could see Terry or Mai from SNK, Kasumi from Koei Tecmo, or if we’re going off of general iconic characters instead of franchises, then I could also see Morrigan.
Even though Heihachi for me is the most likely fighting game pick they could go with, part of me wants it to go to a female rep like Mai soley because having Kazooie of all characters be the the only female fighter featured in the pass seems a little odd. But that's just me.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
You fool! You've activated my trap card!

The last sentence in this statement reveals that the previous statement was my feelings on the matter causing any arguments against it to be completely irrelevant. I now summon my "Stop trying to attack other people's opinions" in attack mode!
You're right, I forgot you were the only one allowed to post opinions in this thread. It's not a discussion forum or anything. My bad.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's not jump at people for having opinions that don't match your own, alright?

Not everybody has to agree with or like the idea of a character or franchise in Smash. They are fully allowed to have a different opinion on that.

That said, it's clearly time to move as this is going in circles.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So big question I've been tinkering with lately:

What about MMOs? Obviously not gonna happen anytime soon, but in the future I think it's an interesting prospect if they want to dabble into the PC and computer games. Something like MapleStory, Warcraft, and RuneScape is what I can consider as big contenders.

I guess the same question applies to big MOBAs like League and Dota.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

What about MMOs? Obviously not gonna happen anytime soon, but in the future I think it's an interesting prospect if they want to dabble into the PC and computer games. Something like MapleStory, Warcraft, and RuneScape is what I can consider as big contenders.

Honestly, MMOs and MOBAs are the hardest ones for me to come up with characters if only because I don't really play those types of games

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yee gimme dat Jinx

I've played LoL all of about five times. But I <3 her.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I'd say they wouldn't be on the table for at least five games, but if they were I'd also throw up Guild Wars 2 as a less likely option.

EDIT: Warframe is an outlier though since it's actually on the Switch.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace

While it doesn't seem too likely, having a character from a MOBA like Jinx or Lux from LoL actually looks feasible from a gameplay standpoint, as I can easily imagine Sakurai implementing game mechanics previously exclusive to MOBAs into smash. This would make for a unique, and potentially wackadoodle, playstyle in the vein of Hero or Ryu.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Judging by Dissidia's choices for reps, MMOs seem to be difficult as they went for NPCs with big story impacts.

MOBAs are more like fighting games in their writting in that they give every character you play a backstory and a motivation to be there. In which case, go for the one they put on the boxart.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Even though Heihachi for me is the most likely fighting game pick they could go with, part of me wants it to go to a female rep like Mai soley because having Kazooie of all characters be the the only female fighter featured in the pass seems a little odd. But that's just me.
I mean tbf, Smash 4's DLC only had either-gender Corrin and the big ballot choice that just happened to be a female character (Bayo).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yee gimme dat Jinx

I've played LoL all of about five times. But I <3 her.
Irelia tho...

I've NEVER played a single game of LoL but LOOK AT THIS QUEEN

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If(and this is a big If) Smash Bros actually added a non video game character as the 5th and final fighter pass character, who would be the least disappointing/make the most sense.
Anyone.
If you really wanted to burst his bubble about Dante, just tell him to look at the strange L-shaped devices held in his hands.

What-what the heck are those?

Well, it's not like he's associated with those, right?
Ah, see! He totally wouldn't use them!
This post deserves an Academy Award.
You're probably joking, but that honestly made me wonder, If another PlayStation All-Stars game was announced, and if devs took time to actually polish it and refine its mechanics, do you think it could hold up as a suitable "rival" to SSBU, and as a viable title in the competitive FGC overall?
Definitely not as a rival, but certainly it would be well-received/appreciated in its own right and would likely sell better just due to being on the PS4. Like with Breath of the Wild & Horizon Zero Dawn.
Random topic: How would everyone feel if they added Excalibre or a different Warframe to Smash?

Im not suggesting this because I'm listening to We All Lift Together. Nope.
Warframe really doesn't feel like a Smash worthy series to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I don't mind you having opinions, but if you tell me I'm wrong because of them I'm going to offer a rebuttable comically or otherwise.
The word is "rebuttal." I've never once told you that you are wrong about anything. You just have bad arguments and logic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so guys

I think Snake got teased for Tekken 7...

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
David Hayter better come back for the voice acting, otherwise that really ain't it chief.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It does, but it looks like it was accidental. Like, it was completely out of context. Someone pressed that play button ahead of time...
...if that's the case... what if the new Smash reveal trailer was supposed to involve a Snake codec and the AV guy in the back goofed and started it too soon?

OH MAN IT'S HAPPENING MY DUDES, SMASH REVEAL LESGOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
...if that's the case... what if the new Smash reveal trailer was supposed to involve a Snake codec and the AV guy in the back goofed and started it too soon?

"Hnnngh. Colonel, I'm trying to sneak around..."

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Don't think this is the case unless it's a Konami character.

Otherwise, I think it would be strange for them to involve Snake in other contexts. I think it would involve a lot more paperwork for Nintendo if they wanted to use Snake like this...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Smash actually does have an announcement it’ll be the only one that basically didn’t get leaked beforehand lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Don't think this is the case unless it's a Konami character.

Otherwise, I think it would be strange for them to involve Snake in other contexts. I think it would involve a lot more paperwork for Nintendo if they wanted to use Snake like this...
Raiden confirmed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

"Hmmm... Colonel... there's a tall skinny man in purple swimming through midair over there."
"Midair? Snake, what do you m-"
"Colonel, he's getting closer! Ugh, smells like garlic!"
"Snake, this is no time to-"
"Colonel, he's spotted me! Now he's pelvic thrusting! Oh god, OH-"
"Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAKE?!"

WALUIGI: A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's unlikely we'll get any sort of Smash announcement until Banjo is released or close to being released.

It would be foolish to show off another fighter when the next one isn't even close to being released. You're going to ruin hype that way.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
"Hmmm... Colonel... there's a tall skinny man in purple swimming through midair over there."
"Midair? Snake, what do you m-"
"Colonel, he's getting closer! Ugh, smells like garlic!"
"Snake, this is no time to-"
"Colonel, he's spotted me! Now he's pelvic thrusting! Oh god, OH-"
"Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAKE?!"

WALUIGI: A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR
Great, now I'll just be dissapointed if this isn't the reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom