• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm not saying he's a guaranteed addition or anything but the Yakuza series already set a precedent for mingling with Nintendo characters so would it really be that weird if the series joined Smash at some point?
View attachment 283117
I'm not saying it's weird for Kiryu and Majima to hang around with Nintendo characters, that's not the problem, I'm just saying the Yakuza theming of the series could cause some issues with age rating boards.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Rex is one of those characters who could go either way. His game isn't old enough to keep him out of the running, but he also has some stiff competition from other first-parties. You also have to remember that regardless of what happens, Shulk will still be there to rep the franchise. ARMS didn't have that, so there might not be the same sense of urgency to add Rex.
Aside from Pokémon, what other first parties?

I.D.

Smash Lord
Regarding Rex I wouldn't be worrying about stupid **** like a mii costume or being featured in a spirit event or whatever. The real alarm in my eyes is Sakurai outright stating there are too many swordfighters in Smash after Byleth. Sakurai isn't in charge of picking characters but he does know who all the remaining fighters are at the point of writing that. It would be a bit peculiar of him to say that knowing there's a bunch more in the pipeline. At the same time though, there's a lot more to Rex and friends than simply being a swordfighter and they are pretty much guaranteed to have a unique playstyle.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Aside from Pokémon, what other first parties?
Well, Corrin and Byleth were chosen for the same reason, so I'd imagine characters from games coming out in the near future would have an advantage. That is, assuming they'll be looking for a very recent character. You also have popular requests too, such as Waluigi, Dixie, BWD, and Issac. Not sure how likely any of those characters are, but at least they can say they have the ballot results to potentially help them. Seems like the ballot helped Banjo last year, so maybe they'll use it as a reference one last time.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not saying it's weird for Kiryu and Majima to hang around with Nintendo characters, that's not the problem, I'm just saying the Yakuza theming of the series could cause some issues with age rating boards.
What is Project X Zone rated in Japan? If it's not the equivalent of M, or perhaps more importantly, there isn't anything like "referencing real world dangerous events" in the rating notes, then this probably isn't an issue.

Regarding Rex I wouldn't be worrying about stupid **** like a mii costume or being featured in a spirit event or whatever. The real alarm in my eyes is Sakurai outright stating there are too many swordfighters in Smash after Byleth. Sakurai isn't in charge of picking characters but he does know who all the remaining fighters are at the point of writing that. It would be a bit peculiar of him to say that knowing there's a bunch more in the pipeline.
Well, if he acknowledges that it's a problem with Byleth, he'd probably acknowledge that it's a problem with Rex & Pyra/Mythra, and that's even if he's not just trying to do Fire Emblem damage control.

At the same time though, there's a lot more to Rex and friends than simply being a swordfighter and they are pretty much guaranteed to have a unique playstyle.
Judging by the general M.O. for this kind of thing, my guess is that this holds more weight than anything else. Though that logic might apply to only Sakurai so I dunno.

Well, Corrin and Byleth were chosen for the same reason, so I'd imagine characters from games coming out in the near future would have an advantage. That is, assuming they'll be looking for a very recent character. You also have popular requests too, such as Waluigi, Dixie, BWD, and Issac. Not sure how likely any of those characters are, but at least they can say they have the ballot results to potentially help them. Seems like the ballot helped Banjo last year, so maybe they'll use it as a reference one last time.
I highly doubt we'll get a character from a game we haven't seen yet due to how early in development it's likely to be. The only exception would be a Golden Sun remake or remaster, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen*. Not entirely sure it would matter much anyway since Isaac is a disconfirmed character along with Waluigi. As for Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee, there's really no reason for Nintendo to add them other than middling popularity amongst Smash fans, so I don't see them happening in this wave of DLC.

*The other exeption could be a new Donkey Kong Country game, but we know that's not in the works right now due to Retro studios's known project being Metroid Prime 4.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What is Project X Zone rated in Japan? If it's not the equivalent of M, or perhaps more importantly, there isn't anything like "referencing real world dangerous events" in the rating notes, then this probably isn't an issue.
PxZ 2 in America is a T and in Japan It is Cero B which is an equivalent to T

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
PxZ 2 in America is a T and in Japan It is Cero B which is an equivalent to T
Does it leave any notes such as "Suggestive themes" for the CERO rating? If so, would any of these notes be caused by Yakusa's appearance in the game? If the first answer is yes and the second is no, then we could say for certain that Yakusa's addition wouldn't automatically raise the rating to T even in Japan, and thus would be fine.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Does it leave any notes such as "Suggestive themes" for the CERO rating? If so, would any of these notes be caused by Yakusa's appearance in the game? If the first answer is yes and the second is no, then we could say for certain that Yakusa's addition wouldn't automatically raise the rating to T, and thus would be fine.
On my american copy it just says, Fantasy Violence, Language, Blood, Partial Nudity and Suggestive themes but the game itself has many moments that could be considered not for good boys and girls so the "Suggestive themes" on the box could be a plethora of things

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
From people know Westerns' tastes and FPS genre in general, Master Chief is a decent prediction. I can't say he is a popular choice but still acknowledged way more than Rayman or Doomguy. So about the same tier as Lara Croft or Travis I say. At least being recognized by some.
Okay, that sounds about what one would expect honestly. While the Xbox never caught on in Japan at all, pretty sure a large amount of Japanese would be aware that the Xbox family has seen consistent success elsewhere.

(And I'm assuming that Knives Out is not discussed at all in speculation circles. Yeah I'm not surprised at all if that's the case. Just wanted to check because that's the kind of title that could have a Jonesy-esque place in speculation circles.)

On my american copy it just says, Fantasy Violence, Language, Blood and Suggestive themes but the game itself has many moments that could be considered not for good boys and girls so the "Suggestive themes" on the box could be a plethora of things
Pretty sure that a lot of the "Suggestive themes" is Vashyron's flirting and innuendos. IIRC Majima does quite a bit himself, but he's not the only one.

(Which might have implications re: Resonance of Fate - specifically thinking about Vashy's dance, that's probably not going to be included or referenced in a hypotheoretical Smash appearance. But RoF is not speculated often here, which is a shame - there's some interesting potential gunplay with Zephyr / Leanne.)

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sure but you do have to keep in mind that Kiryu needs a stage, music tracks and some spirits for the Fighters Pass. I'm not sure about Project X Zone 2 but as far as I can tell, Kiryu and Majima seem to be the only ones to represent the series in that game.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just a head's up, even GameXplain seems to think we'll get something on the 28th.

Granted, this is more reporting on what Jeff Grubb said, but I think we may have the right to be cautiously optimistic, at least.

kylexv

Smash Master

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Project X Zone

how would y’all react if we got Project X Zone 3 for Switch, with a few more guest Nintendo characters like Corrin, Byleth, Min Min, Shulk, Elma, Akira Howard, Pit, Palutena, Captain Falcon and Off The Hook and some Sega/Capcom characters that make it into Smash in any form, like Bayonetta, Joker, even bosses like Rathalos?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
On my american copy it just says, Fantasy Violence, Language, Blood, Partial Nudity and Suggestive themes but the game itself has many moments that could be considered not for good boys and girls so the "Suggestive themes" on the box could be a plethora of things
I do think there is a chance that the ESRB wouldn't care about Yakusa while CERO would since America doesn't exactly have to deal with them. This is why I ask about the Japanese rating specifically.

I personally don't think Yakusa would bump up the age rating, but it'd be nice to have proof.

hard to be excited when I know nothing I want is gonna be in it
Eh, if they are truly doing a direct, I'd imagine they would have to have at least one Super Smash Bros. character reveal due to the drought of pretty much everything else. I could be wrong of course, but it also makes sense from a pacing standpoint since the last character reveal was a couple months ago.

Sure but you do have to keep in mind that Kiryu needs a stage, music tracks and some spirits for the Fighters Pass. I'm not sure about Project X Zone 2 but as far as I can tell, Kiryu and Majima seem to be the only ones to represent the series in that game.
If the idea is that the Yakusa themselves would be the reason that Kiryu would bump up the age rating then I don't see why the stuff he comes with would be an issue if that turns out not to be true, especially with stuff like Bayonetta and Mass Destruction in the game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A wild Magnemite appeared!

MAGNEMITE

Pokemon #83. Magnemite seems to be some kind of robot that likes to spend it's time near power plants, feeding on electricity. Magnemites are a genderless species that are able to keep their population growing by breeding with dittos, a process that's probably best not to imagine.​
Pokémon

ATTRIBUTES
4/10 Dash Speed​
7/10 Air Speed​
2/10 Fall Speed​
6/10 Jump​
7/10 Air Jump​
-1/10 Traction​
4/10 Weight​
Magnemite is a tiny bit shorter than Pikachu, but stays floating above the ground in it's "standing" position, making it reach 1.5 times it's height. Crouching simply makes Magnemite fall to the ground. Magnemite has terrible traction, since it essentually relies on air friction to slow down. However, it is unaffected by slippery surfaces. Magnemite is capable of wall clinging, as well as ceiling clinging. Ceiling clinging is performed by holding up on the joystick while touching a ceiling, and it lasts as long as wall clinging.​
SPECIALS
Neutral Special - Lock-On
As the input is held down, Magnemite gets into a stance and a slowly rotating crosshair appears on the nearest opponent. This crosshair can be cycled to other targets using the joystick. Targets being anyone or anything that can take damge. After one second without Magnemite being interrupted, the crosshair stops rotating, gives a confirmation sound, and the opponent becomes locked-on for the next ten seconds, by being magnetised. This move is somewhat laggy when it ends.​
When an opponent is locked-on, some of Magnemite's moves will home in on them. When more than one opponent is locked-on, the moves will home in on the nearest locked-on opponent.​
The crosshairs on Locked-on opponents will be in the same color as Magnemite's shield color. This is to make the crosshairs distinguishable in case there's more than one Magnemite in the match.​
Two characters that have been locked-on will also repell each other if they are within 2 SBBs of each other via a push effect. This push is not difficult to fight, but it can be disruptive.​
Holding down the input and tapping shield will make Magnemite magnetize itself. This version of the move is a bit different. Instead of a crosshair, Magnemite will have a light tint on it. Since Magnemite is not it's own opponent, the only effect this has is to repell Magnemite from it's opponents.​
Small Detail: Lock-On is a status that belongs to the user that caused it. So another Magnemite won't be able to use a Lock-On that you caused, even if it's on the same team.​

When Kirby uses Lock-On, he immediately throws an Electro Ball.
Forward Special - Electro Ball
2% x 8​
Magnemite creates a thunder jolt-sized ball of electricity in front of it, then shoots it at the same speed as Samus' homing missile. The ball moves in a straight line and travels the length of Final Destination. Once it hits an opponent it activates and does 8 hits of 2% damage, with weak knockback and no flinching, as it continues on it's path and disappears as soon as it's last hit is given.​
If there is a locked-on opponent, Electro Ball will home in on them, and will stick to them as the ball does it's multiple hits. Since it doesn't cause flinching, the opponent can attempt to move away quickly to lessen the damage. With faster ones of course being more successful at it. It also eats up shields pretty well.​
Because of the starting lag, Magnemite can only have at most 2 Electro Balls out.​
Can be reflected and absorbed.​
Down Special - Magnet Bomb
18%​
Magnemite drops down a metal ball that can roll down slopes. If an opponent comes near it (it's sticking range), it will shoot off in a straight line and stick to the opponent. If there's a locked-on opponent on the stage, the ball will roll towards the opponent, even up slopes, but not lift off the ground until it's within sticking range. The ball will also ignore a locked-on opponent in favor of one that's within sticking range. The ball explodes after 10 seconds of being dropped, and can KO starting at 80%. Being an explosive, it can also deal self-damage.​
Only one Magnet Bomb can be out at a time. Trying to make a second one will just make Magnemite look exhausted for a moment.​
Much like a gooey bomb, an opponent can get rid of it by running through another character.​
This is a great move to drop on an off-stage opponent.​
Up Special - Magnet Rise
1%...​
Magnemite's two magnets begin spinning rapidly while crackling with electricity. During this time, Magnemite has free flight and anyone that touches it will take continuous hits of 1% damage, although they will be quickly pushed away. The electromagnetic force this generates is very strong and will draw in items, even from another character's hand, into an aura around Magnemite. When the move ends, the items will drop straight down. Magnetic Rise lasts for 3 seconds before automatically ending, and doesn't put Magnemite in a helpless state.​
STANDARD ATTACKS
Neutral Attack - Magnet Drill
1%...​
Magnemite put's one of it's magnets forward and spins it rapidly, dealing continuous damage but little knockback.​
Forward Tilt - Repell
5%​
Magnemite whacks the foe with one of it's magnets, dealing set knockback that pushes the opponent 1.5 SBBs away. If the opponent is locked-on, the distance pushed doubles.​

Down Tilt - Gyro Spin
3% x 2​
While crouching, Magnemite spins once, hitting with each magnet in a row. Has very little knockback, but can trip the opponent. It's also very fast and can combo into itself for a good damage racker.​

Up Tilt - Gyro Copter
3% x 3​
Magnemite jumps up a bit and spins in place, dealing three, low knocback, hits. Short and simple, and can be used to set up an up smash.​
Dash Attack - Magnetic Tackle
6%​
Magnemite does a full body leap that can pop an opponent behind it. Magnemite leaves a trail of 4 push hitboxes behind, so it's really more useful as a retreating move.​
SMASH ATTACKS
Forward Smash - Sonic Boom
12%​
Magnemite shoots forward several crescent-shaped sound waves that travel 1 SBBs and can KO at around 100% damage. Charging the attack doesn't increase damage, but it does increase the range, to up to 4 SBBs at maximum charge. If there is a locked-on opponent, the waves will curve towards that opponent.​
Due to the turning radius of the attack, it's very possible for an opponent to dodge it by simply jumping over it while running, so it's best to use Sonic Boom on an airborn opponent.​
A trick that can be done with Sonic Boom is to shoot it around a corner. Like say, if Magnemite is on a platform and there's an opponent below Magnemite.​
Down Smash - Polarize
9% - 12%​
Magnemite "stomps" into the ground. The main attack is pretty weak as far as smash attacks go, but it leaves a battlefield platform sized magnetised area. Any locked-on opponet will get strongly pulled towards the magnetised area. The area lasts for 4-8 seconds, depending on the charge, so it really pays to charge. Only one magnetised area can exist at a time per Magnemite, with a newly created area replacing the old one.​
Up Smash - Thundershock
15% - 21%​
Magnemite shoots up a bolt or electricity that travels up 3 SBBs before coming straight back down. The attack hit box is near instantaneous so it can't actually hit an opponent twice. If there is an opponent that's locked on, the bolt will curve in an arc towards the opponent, with a horizontal range of 2 SBBs. It is a strong finishing move, but the starting lag makes it a bit easy to dodge the attack. It's best to catch someone out of a roll with this.​
AIR ATTACKS
Neutral Air - Gyro Ball
2% x 6, 3%​
Magnemite spins horizontally, hitting multiple times. Magnemite can be controlled left and right during the spinning. The last hit of the attack deals the most damage, and a moderate amount of backwards knockback.​
If there is a locked-on opponent, Magnemite will become a sort of projectile and shoot straight towards the opponent, moving at twice it's air speed in a straight line while it spins. Used at point blank range, this can insure that all hits connect, even if the opponent uses DI.​
Can be used to aid in recovery so long as there is a locked-on oponent.​

Forward Air - Flash Cannon
16% (early) 1% (late)​
Magnemite creates a blinding ball of light right in front if it. The first few frames of the attack does the most damage, and a high amount of knockback scaling that makes it one of Magnemite's best finishing moves. Hitting with it late does little more than flinch the opponent. The hitbox for this move is pretty small. However, a very close locked-on opponent gives this move a bit of extra range, doubling it actually. It's still not much, but it increases the window of error for hitting with it's early hitbox.​
Down Air - Discharge
5%, 4%x4​
Magnemite begins crackling with electricity before falling straight down. Anyone caught by the fall takes 5% damage. When Magnemite lands, it shoots out two bolts of electricity on each side of it, and two more diagonally upwards. Each bolt of electricity does 7% damage and strong knockback.​
Bolts will curve towards close opponents that are locked-on, and it's possible to hit one opponent with all four bolts if that opponent is the only one that's locked-on and nearby.​
Up Air - Magnetic Bounce
7%​
Magnemite leaps upwards, and a bit forwards, with a full body hit and doing minor knockback.​
Back Air - Magnetic Retreat
6%​
Magnemite glows a bit and moves backwards in a straight line for a distance equal to it's back roll. The actual attack does weak knockback, but it can be used a sort of aerial dodge.​
GRAB & THROWS
Grab - Magnet Pull
Magnemite has a very short grab range, where it just sticks one of it's magnets onto an opponent. By holding down the grab input, however, any locked-on opponent gets pulled towards Magnemite, not just the nearest one. Pulling a foe in can be risky due to the small grab hitbox.​
Pummel - Electrocute
2%​
Magnemite shocks the opponent. A quick pummel.​
Forward Throw - Rail Gun
7%​
Magnemite takes a moment to charge up, glowing blue in the process, and shoots the opponent straight forward. This move has fairly high knockback growth, and can KO starting at 80% damage.​
Back Throw - Magnetic Spin
7%​
Magnemite positions the opponent behind it and spins the opponent in place. While the opponent spins, they are free to attack and whatnot, which can be a bit disorienting. The spinning lasts for two seconds.​
Down Throw - Gyro Drill
9%​
Magnemite slams the opponent down and spins on top of them. Deals a good amount of knockback and can't be used as a chain throw.​
Up Throw - Anti-Gravity
2%​
Magnemite levitates the opponent above it. For the next 3 seconds, the opponent will slowly rise up in the air. Both Magnemite and it's opponent will regain control after 1 second, but the opponent will still rise for the remaining 2 seconds. This is obviously useful for getting in a free attack.​
FINAL SMASH
Tri-Attack
Magnemite has the Smash Ball! Magnemite shoots out two bolts of electricity, one into the background and one into the foreground. Out of nowhere the two bolts drag in two extra magnemites! The main Magnemite loosely holds the other two in a triangle formation. Immediatly, one of the extra magnemite causes the ground in front of it to crack open and a large ball of lava shoots out. The ball travels in a large arc, which can be aimed with the joystick. Once the ball lands, it'll burn with several hits, doing 20% damage if all hits connect. After the ball of lava burns out, the other extra magnemite will shoot out an instantaneous light blue beam that can be angled with the joystick. The beam does 15% damage and is pretty much guaranteed to freeze any opponent it contacts with. Finally, the original Magnemite, who has been charging a large electric ball around it from the moment it called in the other two magnemites, shoots out it's Zap Cannon attack. This one doesn't need to be aimed, as the ball will home in on the nearest opponent, whether or not they're locked-on. If it hits, it does 35% damage with amazing knockback. Afterwards, the two extra magnemites bid their farewells and wander away from the stage.​
If the opponent dodges Zap Cannon, it will continue forward since it can't turn around, although it will home in on another opponent if they're along the way.​
You may be wondering where the extra magnemites learned Magma Plume and Ice Beam. It's just one of those unusual situations where Pokemon know moves that can't be normally trained.​
Playstyle
Magnemite is a long-range character. Obviously, Magnemite is going to want to use Lock-On as much as it can. While it's a status that's inflicted on a foe, Magnemite gets many buffs from it. Accuracy, damage racking, KO potential, spacing manipulation, and even recovery all benefit from having at least one foe locked-on.Magnemite has a versatile ranged game. Magnemite can launch Electro Balls to damage and pressure the opponent, f-smash to punch through defenses, u-smash in case they're airborn, and Magnet Bomb to blast them in the confusion, or to keep them on their toes. Magnemite can hinder and keep foes away with d-smash, f-tilt, and it's dash attack. At close range, Magnemite leaves something to be desired. It's stubby magnets may hit fast, but they're very short ranged. Fortunately, Magnemite can retreat in the air where it is very agile and can still camp a bit using it's u-air. Magnemite's survivality is very good. It is heavy for it's size class and has three recovery moves. Although two of them require a locked-on opponent. Magnemite's grab game is risky to initialize, but can be very rewarding with it's f-throw and u-throw.​
Magnemite is a cold and calculating machine that can win the day with it's personal magnetism.

CHANGE SUMMARY:​
- Weight 6/10 -> 4/10​
- Damage adjusted on various attacks.​
Lock-On​
- Is no longer a beam.​
- Locked-On characters no longer attract items.​
- Effect on two Locked-On characters changed from pull to push.​
- Special version of Lock-On can be used on self.​
Electro Ball​
- Timing adjusted.​
Magnet Rise​
- Duration 6 seconds -> 3 seconds.​
Sonic Boom​
- Range adjusted.​
Polarize​
- No longer immobalizes.​
- Pull effect much stronger.​
This guy gets it! Just multiply it by three and we have the perfect DLC fighter
Insiders said the Partner Showcase was gonna be a General too, so I'm gonna be wary with this one. I trust that these people hear dates, but I doubt their claims on specifics.
This is where I'm at. I want a general direct, but I don't think it's what we're getting.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo's twitter interns' obsession with Xenoblade keeps becoming increasingly bizarre

Obviously it's to hint at them putting in a character from a less popular Xenoblade game for a petty reason like "no Mii costume".

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I mean, it WOULD be a good way to promote the series...

By the way, I have a quick question for Touhou fans:

How does ZUN handle the fact that fangames are on consoles? Is he involved in any way? Because Scott Cawthon (the guy who made FNaF) recently announced this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/ie911w
I've seen people compare it to ZUN, but I don't know much about Touhou, so I can't tell how true that is.
Yeah, I think it's pretty ZUN-ish. He actively supports fangames, occasionally comes down to compose the songs for the fangames, semi-regularly collaborates with fangame group Twilight Frontier for official spin-offs, and struck a deal with Sony to get fangames on the PlayStation. I'd say they're pretty similar in that regard.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I think that insiders/journalists doesn’t have to know all direct contents to know when it will aired. By simple having knowledge of one game (in this case, its probably Prince of Persia remake), they can know what can of direct it is, and when it will be released.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
On the topic of the Yakuza discussion, what is A Hat in Time rated in Japan, if anything? Its second DLC features its own version of the Yakuza (even if it's a very fictionalized version that consists only of anthropomorphic cats.)

Both base game and the DLC in the US is rated E10 on Steam for "Fantasy Violence" and "Alchohol and Tobacco Reference" while on Switch the base game is rated T for "Blood, Fantasy Violence" (yeah, IDK why they rated it so differently between the two.) The base game also has a "regular" mafia, by the way (even if it's also extremely fictionalized.)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nintendo's twitter interns' obsession with Xenoblade keeps becoming increasingly bizarre
Good job Nintendo. They'll totally know how to pronounce it now that you've spelled it the way it's actually spelled instead of a way that makes it easier to learn how to pronounce it. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wants Xenoblade to become a bigger franchise. It does decently well right now, but each game in the series is also freaking huge, and probably therefore expensive to make, so for it to be doing as well as a minigame collection of board games...I could see why Nintendo would want to push it much harder.

Obviously it's to hint at them putting in a character from a less popular Xenoblade game for a petty reason like "no Mii costume".
Ok what is your beef with Elma dude? Nobody here is arguing that this will be a thing.

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice

how would y’all react if we got Project X Zone 3 for Switch, with a few more guest Nintendo characters like Corrin, Byleth, Min Min, Shulk, Elma, Akira Howard, Pit, Palutena, Captain Falcon and Off The Hook and some Sega/Capcom characters that make it into Smash in any form, like Bayonetta, Joker, even bosses like Rathalos?
I don't know that they would pick those ones in particular, but I think it's not too outlandish of an idea. I do suspect, though, that they would pick a number of characters different from Smash's picks. After all, PxZ2 went for Fiora instead of Shulk, for example.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Eh, if they are truly doing a direct, I'd imagine they would have to have at least one Super Smash Bros. character reveal due to the drought of pretty much everything else. I could be wrong of course, but it also makes sense from a pacing standpoint since the last character reveal was a couple months ago.
even if smash is there, I know nothing I want will be revealed anyway

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

I would feel like I've ascended to a higher plane. I really would love a PXZ3.

Without a doubt they are the 3DS's most underrated games. I should try and find my old list of characters I wanted in it.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
There’s a couple things in the game that they could be referring to. One is, early in the game, Mustache Girl pulls you aside so that she can describe how she plans to kill the Mafia (which is accompanied with some crude but violent and bloody chalkboard scribbles.)

The other is, in Battle of the Birds, there is one level where an Express Owl gets murdered and you see his corpse in a puddle of blood. At the end of the level you discover that it’s just fake blood and it was just theatrics for the sake of making a movie, but yeah.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Sorry was that "Xenoblade" or was it "Xenoblade"?

I'm still confused...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
There’s a couple things in the game that they could be referring to. One is, early in the game, Mustache Girl pulls you aside so that she can describe how she plans to kill the Mafia (which is accompanied with some crude but violent and bloody chalkboard scribbles.)

The other is, in Battle of the Birds, there is one level where an Express Owl gets murdered and you see his corpse in a puddle of blood. At the end of the level you discover that it’s just fake blood and it was just theatrics for the sake of making a movie, but yeah.
If we are talking about blood, AA: Dual Destinies has you covered in blood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom