• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
It's NOT really that hard to differentiate the "good insiders" and the "bad insiders". That doesn't mean the first ones can't be wrong sometimes, I mean, leakbait or wrong sources exist, but denying that people such as Zell/Tsubasa, Nate or Jeff Grubb are folks with reliable info is just nonsense.
As far as Nintendo goes, not really. Nate has some knowledge of what's going on due to his position, but it's mostly just vague investor stuff rather than anything explicit. The others have contacts, but none high up enough to know anything crazy, at least ones willing to disclose that information.

You want "insiders" with actual accurate Nintendo information, you're not going to find them in the English-speaking world. Not Zell, not Imran, not anybody.

If a western partnership is involved, now that's different, but not to the extent some people think. Nintendo still runs an incredibly tight ship these days outside of a few flukes here and there.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Uh, guys?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

…Call me crazy, but this might be a sign if things to come.

Unless it’s another partner showcase.
Yup. Another Monkey's Paw situation like July 20th wherein we get another direct, but it's completely unrelated to smash or any games people have been hyped for.

which is fine for me if it means more SMT news.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Uh, guys?

I tried it out and it didn't work so I'm giving this the side-eye but I don't know how fast Nintendo's programming ninjas work when it comes to website junk so it could have potential weight but I have high doubt that this actually means anything.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Uh, guys?

Why would they need a throwaway account for this? Also this seems like something that could be very easy to fake, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why would they need a throwaway account for this? Also this seems like something that could be very easy to fake, but I could be wrong.
Unless there’s a weird cut I’m not seeing it looks legit. All the desktop icons remain the same, there isn’t any weird pauses in loading images, etc.
I’m not gonna believe it until I see it myself, of course, but for the first time in awhile we have something more to go off of them leakers word, which is muchhh better.

edit: on closer inspection there’s a somewhat suspicious 1-2 frame segment of black, but it could just be a video recorder quirk or the site refreshing the loading images to ensure they load properly. Not enough to declare it fake but it’s somewhat sus.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

"I was casualy trying to change the URL" my ass
I dunno, it’s not that difficult for this kinda slip up to happen(assuming it’s true and not faked) although fairly avoidable so it’s odd how it even happened in the first place.

The real question, however, is whether or not that private youtube video can be found. If we can find that... well... that’s the key me lads!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You’re not a Smash fan until you look up from your phone or computer and feel the existential dread from the realization that we’ve gotten one character from Volume 2 since the announcement of Volume 2 in September of 2019.

I regret nothing.
why you do this to me jones

why
Uh, guys?

Until I see someone else verify this I'm going to lean fake. Not only is the story suspect - just coincidentally changing dates on a URL, and Nintendo caught it and fixed it before the dude could tweet about it, who for some reason waited for hours before going online with the information - but it just looks very easy to fake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know.

I just realized we never had a moveset focused on cloning or multiple copies of oneself.

Ice Climbers are kinda similar to what I meant but like...

I mean more like double team in Pokemon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know.

I just realized we never had a moveset focused on cloning or multiple copies of oneself.

I imagine the smash team doesn't want to deal with the nightmare that is coding 8 concurrent Narutos all summoning their own shadow clones.

D

Deleted member

Joke's on you, I haven't bought the Pass yet!
Same haha!!!

Though if you were to ask me, I kinda think that FP2 isn't that far off within the month. Stupid pandemic delaying everything...but hey, there's a good amount of people that will be pleased by the results.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Same haha!!!

Though if you were to ask me, I kinda think that FP2 isn't that far off within the month. Stupid pandemic delaying everything...but hey, there's a good amount of people that will be pleased by the results.
Color me surprised, I would have expected you to snap up this Pass the moment Min Min was announced.

D

Deleted member

Smash fans will believe in fake stuff and get angry over anything.
I'd bet it to them that they'll believe any 4chan spoiler they have that regards to Smash but slip up once their favorite anime/TV show gets spoiled!

Why don't we take it back to the old days when people spoiled Harry Potter and **** hahaha

Color me surprised, I would have expected you to snap up this Pass the moment Min Min was announced.
I'm broke. And my Nintendo ONline Subscription just deactivated once it expired!

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know.

You know, When it comes to Mortal Kombat Characters, I'm down with Scorpion, but my Personal Pick would be Noob

I think the Shadow Clones he does is cool as all ever, so I think he would make Very Great use of the Clone gimmick, especially since he as other Abilities (Portals, Sorcery Energy, Sickle) to add to that as well

Dark Samus would have probably made good use of this if she was completely unique.

Dante Has Doppelganger style from DMC3, but I'd doubt they use that if he got in. I Don't even know if they would implement Sub-Weapons and such, I don't think they will add Doppelganger style (or Quicksilver for that matter)

Finally, while Shadow is my Number one Priority, I Would be very cool with either Infinite or Mephiles getting in, since they use Clones and such. However That's the pipest of all dreams here though

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
On the bright side of getting 1 character in 2020 it means that 2021 is going to have 5 characters!
:alakadoof:

I still think we’re getting one more this year but honesty I wouldn’t be surprised if CP7 got pushed to January.
If that were to happen then they should just reveal the rest of the pass at once. Take a note from Capcom & NRS’s playbooks. I love the excitement & mystery of a new Smash reveal.... but that’s if we actually get them.

They could technically still do that if they create one big CG trailer that gives everyone a nice reveal instead of 5 different ones. It’d be similar to the Brawl reveal trailer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know.

I suppose the closest thing we have to this is Lucario's Double Team and Fox/Falco's illusion.

And Dark Samus and Kirby's victory animations if they count I guess...

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I can see why we don't have Shadow Clones in Smash as part of a kit (I mean yeah, there's Lucario's counter but it doesn't really count; this would be more like Ditto but as a move). It seems like it would be a nightmare to balance, and then how do you handle 8-player Smash? It's already a pain in the behind to get punished by Luma for successfully hitting Rosalina - I can't imagine how awful it would be to fight someone who could make clones. You'd probably keep getting hit like crazy, get edgeguarded to the depths of hell and back... Yikes. I can't see how such a thing wouldn't be broken. If they limited it to only having one Shadow Clone out at a time, that would unfortunately be very similar to Icies, so it would lose its novelty

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
One way I think a Double Team/Shadow Clone idea could be implemented is something like what Makoto Nanaya does in BlazBlue, where a special move makes multiple clones jump out to attack at once, but only one of them is real (and which one is real depends on what move you input), and the fake ones just disappear after the move is done. Maybe in Smash that could translate to a side special with two clones (one goes high, one goes low), and a tilt vs smash input determines which one is real

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom