• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Have people at least stopped having any confidence in the Cacomallow costume "leak"? Because in my mind there's no conceivable way that those assets would have been made that far in advance and still not have been released by now.
It has thumbs up Ken. There is no conceivable way it could be faked.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Have people at least stopped having any confidence in the Cacomallow costume "leak"? Because in my mind there's no conceivable way that those assets would have been made that far in advance and still not have been released by now.
If it's not dead now, it's definitely on life support. There's making things in advance, and making thing a full year in advance; Especially considering how we already have a Bethesda Mii that isn't Cacodemon. If CP7 swings around and we don't have either, we're pulling the plug.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some Geno fans seem to still have hope, something about things being made way in advance? At least, that's what I got.

By the way, was somebody on this thread a Filia supporter? I doubt this affects anything, but I figured they would enjoy this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1294347711983030276 (I think there might have been some mild language, but I couldn't tell).

Don't worry, it's coming to console too.
That's a surprise; I got Skullgirls recently and the roster didn't seem to have changed much from when I played it a while ago, so I thought that development was done on it.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Captain on Era has hinted the next General Direct is on the 28th.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

we're having a direct

on a Friday?

has that ever happened before?

Can you show me picture on who they are?
Sakura's from Sakura Wars and Chosen Undead is the Dark Souls player character. Sakura wears traditional Japanese garb. Chosen Undead is usually depicted wearing full-plate European armor, though they can be in robes or leather armor instead. Not a picture exactly, but that's where they're from.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Nate also mentioned the funny 28 number. I'm not complaining since they're saying info but why is it only Nintendo insiders that play 5D chess when giving out info? No other leaker I've seen does this from any other community.

Anyways here's a pic a friend sent me that summarizes what they're hinting at:

Powerman293

Smash Ace

Can't wait for their responses if they're WRONG again.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I really hate leakers, so for them to be wrong again would be so great and make people realize that they're in it for the ego.
I understand, and in a way, I have to agree. They always seemed to be unnecessarily seeking attention, mainly by using their sources and maybe by abusing their power by saying things they are not supposed to. They should get caught and learn not to do that again for that reason.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I understand, and in a way, I have to agree. They always seemed to be unnecessarily seeking attention, mainly by using their sources and maybe by abusing their power by saying things they are not supposed to. They should get caught and learn not to do that again for that reason.
Unpopular Opinion: if someone is in the leak game and regularly leaks stuff, they're probably not a good person.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Unpopular Opinion: if someone is in the leak game and regularly leaks stuff, they're probably not a good person.
I can see enough to even agree some. I also think it is unfair that they have access to information that others do not.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I can't help sense if we were on a reliable Direct schedule again the flood of "leaks" would be somewhat lessened. At the least circa two years ago you knew you'd roughly get one in Feb/March, June, & September. Now the speculators basically treat every week as free real estate to peddle rumors about presentations.
Any "leaks" about certain characters kills me man. Like any time I see something about Crash, they tighten my heart. I want to believe

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Any "leaks" about certain characters kills me man. Like any time I see something about Crash, they tighten my heart. I want to believe
I would be shocked if we DIDN'T get Crash. He seems like Ken in that it such an obvious pick that it would be weird if they didnt go all in with it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think I am missing something, but first, they, the leakers say something about something happening between the 11th and the 22nd. Then they say there will be an Indie Direct on the 17th and a General Direct or something else on the 24th. And now a General Direct on the 28th? Unless I am wrong about something, what is going on here?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I would be shocked if we DIDN'T get Crash. He seems like Ken in that it such an obvious pick that it would be weird if they didnt go all in with it.
Eh...nothing really seems as obvious for Crash as "they're advertising clones as a feature and this one character's got an iconic clone".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who cares if she's a villain? She's still the face of the series. Between Minmin and Pirahna Plant there should be no problem going with her - assuming Sega even wants to push Valkyria Chronicles.
Not to mention, many people when discussing Tekken and Soul Calibur, tended to shift more towards Heihachi and Nightmare, as opposed to Jin, Kazuya or Siegfried, despite being in the more traditional protagonist role. Granted the Mishimas have shifted roles a decent bit, but Jin was usually the "least evil" of the bunch.

I'm sure it'll be the exception and not the rule, but like you mentioned, we've seen stuff like this already.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
has verge said anythign since the lol rumor?
Afaik, he hasn’t said anything about Smash. He said some stuff about some other games a couple months ago but after that I haven’t seen much from him.

People said the same thing about Shadow & a RE character too. Crash is one of my most wanted characters but I’m not putting too much faith in almost any character*, this hype train’s been too wild to make any 100% certain predictions.

*My sole exception being Rex, who I don’t even want. He seems so likely IMO.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, if Mega Man X was playable, I must ask: What weapons would he have in his moveset?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've stated my stance on leaks before but in a nutshell

If Wrong:
Generates hype for something that isn't true, especially since the content leaked is often times much better than reality.
ex. Every Fake Pokemon Roster leak ever

If Right:
Ruins the surprise especially for something that would've been an out of left field reveal.
ex. Ryu in Smash 4 ****er was leaked twice for pete's sake

Just remember that after the fact, once the content is revealed and eventually released the fact that it was leaked is moot, but at least I'd like to be more excited about it during the intended reveal as opposed to expecting/waiting for it's reveal weeks/months in advance.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've stated my stance on leaks before but in a nutshell

If Wrong:
Generates hype for something that isn't true, especially since the content leaked is often times much better than reality.
ex. Every Fake Pokemon Roster leak ever

If Right:
Ruins the surprise especially for something that would've been an out of left field reveal.
ex. Ryu in Smash 4 ****er was leaked twice for pete's sake
Yeah, either would be the case. Though wasn't it Nintendo who kinda slipped up on the Ryu in Smash 4 part?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah, either would be the case. Though wasn't it Nintendo who kinda slipped up on the Ryu in Smash 4 part?
I mean it was 'technically' their fault, but it was dataminers that uncovered it by rooting around the game's files.

A leak is still a leak though, doesn't really matter who leaked it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom