• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
can't find those, but did find what he got right:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So his big claim to fame is predicting a spiritual successor to Suikoden when Murayama literally said a month earlier that he would have an announcement soon, which many speculated to be a Suikoden spirtual successor?

Yeah, this guy is full of it. If he literally leaked the name Eiyuden Chronicle, that's one thing, but he didn't. He said what literally everyone that was following the situation was thinking.

Edit: Actually it looks like he literally said this the night before:

So yeah, means nothing.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Every time the discussion breaks out about how Ultimate can't be topped, how cuts are inevitable, how we'll just see Ultimate ports until the end of time... To me, the solution is clear: give Smash more dev time and give it a bigger budget.
People have been saying the same thing for Pokemon for ages, but they never do it. Despite, again, being one of the most profitable things ever.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think it necessarily had a small budget. Just one taken up by third-party licensing.
I don't think Smash has a small budget either. But there's still probably a margin where they could allocate a bigger one and still make a profit, given how well it sells.
People have been saying the same thing for Pokemon for ages, but they never do it. Despite, again, being one of the most profitable things ever.
To be fair, Pokemon management is notoriously terrible. I think it's not far-fetched to assume that Nintendo would give the next Smash a bigger budget.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
To me, the solution is clear: give Smash more dev time and give it a bigger budget.
We don't live in a perfect society, though, and just increasing development team size and budget for Sakurai isn't going to happen all willy-nilly. At the end of the day, Nintendo is still a company, and they ultimately (heh) still care more about their profit than creating the best possible product.

watch as we get it at 10 PM-midnight tonight
Watch as we get nothing today, or for the rest of the week.
Like, no offense, but you tend to get worked up over barely credible leakers a lot. And given the current drought, I do get it, but it'd safe you a lot of disappointment if you stayed a bit more skeptical.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Regarding Ultimate getting ported for eternity - does that really sound like a "Nintendo" thing to do? Or is it just wishful thinking by us character-obbsessed fans?

I think more likely they'd just use Ultimate as a framework for the next game, the same way Ultimate used 4 as one (and how 4 was probably built off Brawl). Of course I'm not confident even that could go on forever - I'm no programmer but I'm sure some of that code will have to become outdated eventually.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Regarding Ultimate getting ported for eternity - does that really sound like a "Nintendo" thing to do? Or is it just wishful thinking by us character-obbsessed fans?

I think more likely they'd just use Ultimate as a framework for the next game, the same way Ultimate used 4 as one (and how 4 was probably built off Brawl). Of course I'm not confident even that could go on forever - I'm no programmer but I'm sure some of that code will have to become outdated eventually.
Doesn't Tekken 7 use assets all the way from the first game? I've always heard Tekken re-uses a ****ton from the original days but I never heard anything with a source

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not expecting anything honestly. But Nintendo should really try to deliver something at least soon. The next generation consoles from the competitors are right on the corner. And the Switch's library isn't growing as it should. There's a lot planned, but even before this whole Corona ****, I thought it was weird they haven't shown us anything from BotW2 yet. That's one. Paper Mario also just came out of nowhere. Also could've used a trailer to hype it up a month before the pandemic.

I'm seriously wondering just what they're up to. As it stands right now it doesn't even look like they're trying.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

If I'm remembering right they actually had problems porting over old stages into smash 4 because the code was so old.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

SharkLord

Smash Hero
TBH, I've stopped worrying about guessing when we'll get an announcement. It's been so long since the last meaningful Direct that I feel like it'd be torture for myself to constantly be thinking, "When will it happen?! Will it be this week?! Thursday perhaps?!"
Yeah, I've just kinda forgotten about the direct. I have a bunch of potential dates but I don't care too much about them. When those specific days come and there's nothing, I'll be a little disappointed, but I get over it pretty quickly.

I'm lucky I joined Fantendo and SmashBoards this year, or else I'd have nothing to distract myself this year.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If I'm remembering right they actually had problems porting over old stages into smash 4 because the code was so old.
I think they said the same thing for Mewtwo. I think that might have been part of why Mewtwo got new Voice acting in Smash 4 as well. Though I don't know about the voice thing, cause I don't know if any of the returning melee veterans also got new voices

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think they said the same thing for Mewtwo. I think that might have been part of why Mewtwo got new Voice acting in Smash 4 as well. Though I don't know about the voice thing, cause I don't know if any of the returning melee veterans also got new voices
I think the only ones that didn't were Ness, Falcon, Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Unless I'm missing something.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Feels like Deja vu:

“Leakers are the worst, they make stuff up all the time. We should stop believing them when it comes to Nintendo!”

“BRUH HOLY ****! A new leaker approaches...this time they claim to have information on Smash. It’s happening! Oh yeah, they have no credibility”.

This is going to keep happening until Fighter 11 is revealed, isn’t it?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Feels like Deja vu:

“Leakers are the worst, they make stuff up all the time. We should stop believing them when it comes to Nintendo!”

“BRUH HOLY ****! A new leaker approaches...this time they claim to have information on Smash. It’s happening! Oh yeah, they have no credibility”.

Something tells me that will be the case, especially if there is a lack of news in between fighters, which I bet there will. There will be people desperate for news, or want to hear something they would want to hear.

MooMew64

Feels like Deja vu:

Bold to assume it will stop with Fighter 11 and not continue years out with people endlessly speculating about the next Smash.

It is truly an eternal cycle.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Just realized, since we getting stages like Small Battlefield, do you think we could also get new stage Variations, like the Return of Wily's Castle during the day, or maybe some stages set in the daytime set in the Night time

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Feels like Deja vu:

i mean this applies now more than ever with this insane drought, not even other new nintendo games to distract ourselves with

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It wouldn't be Smash speculation if anyone learned. Now we wait for the next flavor of the week leaker. :p
I can't say I agree with the first part of what you said, as there would just have to be some changes to it. Not the same as ordinary speculation, but can still be something, maybe even another form of speculation. Unfortunately, that is something we humans, due to the inability to learn, will never reach. But even with some changes, I can still see it being some kind of speculation. That is just me,, though.

D

Deleted member

TBH, I've stopped worrying about guessing when we'll get an announcement. It's been so long since the last meaningful Direct that I feel like it'd be torture for myself to constantly be thinking, "When will it happen?! Will it be this week?! Thursday perhaps?!"
At this point it's less "when" we'll get news and more "how" we'll get news to me. A direct would be nice but I could see Nintendo just shadowdropping trailers like they usually do when they don't have enough to pad out a mini or major direct. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just simply don't have anything to show right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Feels like Deja vu:

I wish there was some actual reliable leaks/leakers again. RIP Vergeben.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've got plenty of games in my backlog to keep me occupied for a while so I'm not stressing about when the next direct is finally going to arrive. The thing will get here when it gets here.
Same, but replace video games with "throwing money at new decks" :p
As long as we get news soon I'm content. I just want this cycle of uncertain speculation to end tbh.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I can't help sense if we were on a reliable Direct schedule again the flood of "leaks" would be somewhat lessened. At the least circa two years ago you knew you'd roughly get one in Feb/March, June, & September. Now the speculators basically treat every week as free real estate to peddle rumors about presentations.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Have people at least stopped having any confidence in the Cacomallow costume "leak"? Because in my mind there's no conceivable way that those assets would have been made that far in advance and still not have been released by now.
I never believed it in the first place lmao :p

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Have people at least stopped having any confidence in the Cacomallow costume "leak"? Because in my mind there's no conceivable way that those assets would have been made that far in advance and still not have been released by now.
Some Geno fans seem to still have hope, something about things being made way in advance? At least, that's what I got.

By the way, was somebody on this thread a Filia supporter? I doubt this affects anything, but I figured they would enjoy this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1294347711983030276 (I think there might have been some mild language, but I couldn't tell).

Don't worry, it's coming to console too.

MooMew64

Can't say I mind that leakers aren't part of the equation atm. A reveal is so much sweeter when it comes as the surprise it was intended to be.

Like, I'll read about leaks when they pop up, sure, but...I honestly prefer when they don't happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom