• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think a Big Draw of a Smash Mobile Game were if they added Non-video game origin characters like WWE, Spiderman, Batman, and stuff like that, like how KOF All-Star added WWE Characters

I'm just saying it seems Mobile games have some of the craziest crossovers

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That'd be a bit better since it wouldn't be "the game you like, but microtransactions". As long as they don't hype it up and then bore us with the reveal like they did with Pokémon Unite.
No, now it's

The game you like
but microtransactions
and 4 teammates who make you miserable for the next 30-45 minutes a game.

:secretkpop:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Geno discourse here is quite odd. He's the only big character that seems to be synonymous with the people who like him (and by that I mean discussion of the character isn't spurred on by a few individuals for the most part like with @P.Kat and Kat from Gravity Rush or @Rie Sonomura and Elma/general Xenoblade Chronicles X stuff). I don't think I can recall seeing a discussion that didn't at least have the paraphrase "I don't want Geno because of his fans" spoken. The weirdest part is that the Geno fanbase is on the Geno thread. It ain't here. And when they are here they don't generally cause trouble other than taking offense to "I hate Geno fans" and then we do the whole Spiderman point meme.
In the past, have there been pseudo-insiders associated with other characters? Genuinely curious. I vaguely remember something about Katalina from Granblue, but I haven't looked into it much.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
In the past, have there been pseudo-insiders associated with other characters? Genuinely curious. I vaguely remember something about Katalina from Granblue, but I haven't looked into it much.
That was Hitagi.

Hitagi's info was all over the damn place and is pretty much irrelevant anymore. Hitagi wasn't really much behind Katalina as much as they were somehow deep into Cygame's and Nintendo's business relationship....somehow?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So what's new? Any rumors or gossip? Seems like there is but can I get the run down?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No, now it's

The game you like
but microtransactions
and 4 teammates who make you miserable for the next 30-45 minutes a game.

:secretkpop:
You joke, but there would be at least one person who would try to argue that the moba and the fighting game are the same because big crossover event.

Oh man, you know what would be cool? A Pokémon hack 'n slash like Skylanders, but not Toys to Life!

Oh wait, that was Pokémon Rumble wasn't it...

So what's new? Any rumors or gossip? Seems like there is but can I get the run down?
Nope. No rumors. Just people talkin' about random stuff like always.

7NATOR

Smash Master
There's rumor of a Direct between the 11th and 22nd, posted by Jeff Grubb

Also Apparently this Ron Paul dude on Resetera who's Credible also posted recentyl, and when he posts a Direct happens within a week

SKX31

Smash Master
Fate's a Type Moon thing so they wouldn't have to go to Sony regardless.
Why did I forget that, thought it was an Aniplex thing...

It's scary how 1 phone game can make soo much money.

It's scary how 1 phone game can make soo much money it gets its own spot in financial discussion.

It's scary how I play this kusoge because my friends do.
It is quite scary due to implications, yes. At the same time, I'm not entirely surprised since they're very easy to get into - and monetization via mobile is via microtransactions / ads because upfront costs are much less feasible. If one goes with an upfront $5 at the Play Store, well, there are at least 10-100 other free to play games practically next door.

(And IIRC the Unite games are designed to be 10-15 minutes, but point still stands.)

That'd be a bit better since it wouldn't be "the game you like, but microtransactions". As long as they don't hype it up and then bore us with the reveal like they did with Pokémon Unite.
It's worth noting that mobile esports is very much a thing in Asian countries (including Japan) but not in western countries. That said the same kind of stigma around mobile games exist in Asian countries - to a somewhat lesser extent. For example this meme:

I honestly think the difference is simply because mobile games are more accepted as an legitimate area of the industry. It's overall more difficult to get access to a computer or console than in western countries for example (and in most Asian countries more difficult to get $60 games).

Quick edit: I honestly believe that one reason for hyping Unite up was for the hardcore mobile esports crowd, which TPC hasn't attempted to reach before this game.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As someone who really wanted a Dragon Quest rep, it was really annoying to see some Geno fans ****-talk Hero when he got into Smash because it was "their turn".

Likewise, it was also really annoying to see some Sora fans ****-talk Hero when he got into Smash because it was "their turn". Likewise, it was really annoying to see some Dante fans ****-talk Byleth when he got into Smash because it was "their turn".

Every fanbase has their trolls and bullies, but this thread often acts like Geno is the only character with these type of fans. Not only that, but this thread also treats the entire fanbase like these people are representative of them. Whenever someone comes in with even a moderate amount of support for the puppet, people suddenly act like they've engaged in some great sin and feel the need to try to police their behaviour. Accusations of engaging in toxic behaviour and delusion are immediately thrown around. I'm a big believer of "Hype Responsibly", but the phrase is almost always butchered as soon as Geno's name is brought up. Merely supporting a character or believing they're in does not count as hyping irresponsibly, regardless of who the character is. When this is the welcome that the idea of Geno gets in this thread, is it any wonder that his supporters basically confine themselves exclusively to his thread and try to block out any opposing opinions?

I really don't care what you think of Geno. You're perfectly entitled to hate the character and/or never think he's going to get into Smash. But we should still show a little bit more respect to his supporters, regardless of whatever personal experiences you may've had with other members of the fanbase in the past. Instead of trying to immediately paint the fanbase with one brush, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they do something ****ty, then that's on them and you're free to write that person off.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm a regular in the Geno thread.

Honestly, I can see where a lot of people are coming here. Most folks there don't like being told to hype responsibly and have no problem setting themselves up for disappointment, which honestly, that's their choice we can't control them. The worst I can say is that some people in there are pretty passive aggressive, but that's anywhere on the internet.

I just don't like how strong people can come off in there at times, to the point where a user was essentially bullied out of the thread for having an unpopular opinion. The user repeatedly said they meant no harm and were merely expressing concern/opinions, but people kept dog-piling on them because I guess they got triggered over a user on a forum? That upset me and I felt bad for that individual, but everything seems fine now.

Other than that, I don't believe Fatman deserves any hate at all. Some people choose to blindly listen to everything he says, but then again, he's not out there trying to be a leaker. He claims to have sources on the inside, but never directly "leaks" anything, just mainly theorizes based on what he hears in comparison to what others here. Fatman isn't asking for an entire thread to worship him, people just choose to do so.

At the end of the day, Geno fans should be viewed on a case by case scenario because it's incredibly unfair and shallow to generalize a group. However, it would not be a lie to say a lot of members in that thread specifically blindly lie to themselves to believe Geno has a better chance, even grasping at straws at times, but that's THEIR choice and it causes nobody else harm, so who cares?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I find it quite telling the distance between TPC and thw fanbase when they dedicate an entire stream to a MOBA game (complete with influencers and live commentary), yet New Pokemon Snap was announced in a "by the way, this is a thing" fashion.

TheBeastHimself

Every fanbase has their trolls and bullies, but this thread often acts like Geno is the only character with these type of fans. Not only that, but this thread also treats the entire fanbase like these people are representative of them. Whenever someone comes in with even a moderate amount of support for the puppet, people suddenly act like they've engaged in some great sin and feel the need to try to police their behaviour. Accusations of engaging in toxic behaviour and delusion are immediately thrown around. I'm a big believer of "Hype Responsibly", but the phrase is almost always butchered as soon as Geno's name is brought up. Merely supporting a character or believing they're in does not count as hyping irresponsibly, regardless of who the character is. When this is the welcome that the idea of Geno gets in this thread, is it any wonder that his supporters basically confine themselves exclusively to his thread and try to block out any opposing opinions?

I really don't care what you think of Geno. You're perfectly entitled to hate the character and/or never think he's going to get into Smash. But we should still show a little bit more respect to his supporters, regardless of whatever personal experiences you may've had with other members of the fanbase in the past. Instead of trying to immediately paint the fanbase with one brush, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they do something ****ty, then that's on them and you're free to write that person off.
People generalize the Geno supporters so much it's insane. Like chill, not all Geno supporters are toxic and what-not. People just want a target to hate, they can **** off.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I only visit the Geno thread when there's a new character reveal, and honestly, I don't think the thread had a non-toxic reaction to any of the five characters for the first pass. Hero was the wrong SE rep, Banjo shouldn't have gotten in before Geno, nobody wanted Terry or Byleth, and so on.

They were mostly indifferent to the ARMS reveal, but everyone was happy when Min Min was revealed. She deconfirmed Spirits, so because it directly benefited Geno, she didn't receive a lot of criticism (at the time she was revealed).

People outside the thread are usually chill, but the thread itself? It's too much.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I find it quite telling the distance between TPC and thw fanbase when they dedicate an entire stream to a MOBA game (complete with influencers and live commentary), yet New Pokemon Snap was announced in a "by the way, this is a thing" fashion.
One's a one-time purchase, with 'maybe' DLC.

One's a platform which they'll be able to milk near infinite amount of money from as long as it's successful.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm a regular in the Geno thread.

Honestly, I can see where a lot of people are coming here. Most folks there don't like being told to hype responsibly and have no problem setting themselves up for disappointment, which honestly, that's their choice we can't control them. The worst I can say is that some people in there are pretty passive aggressive, but that's anywhere on the internet.

I just don't like how strong people can come off in there at times, to the point where a user was essentially bullied out of the thread for having an unpopular opinion. The user repeatedly said they meant no harm and were merely expressing concern/opinions, but people kept dog-piling on them because I guess they got triggered over a user on a forum? That upset me and I felt bad for that individual, but everything seems fine now.

Other than that, I don't believe Fatman deserves any hate at all. Some people choose to blindly listen to everything he says, but then again, he's not out there trying to be a leaker. He claims to have sources on the inside, but never directly "leaks" anything, just mainly theorizes based on what he hears in comparison to what others here. Fatman isn't asking for an entire thread to worship him, people just choose to do so.

At the end of the day, Geno fans should be viewed on a case by case scenario because it's incredibly unfair and shallow to generalize a group. However, it would not be a lie to say a lot of members in that thread specifically blindly lie to themselves to believe Geno has a better chance, even grasping at straws at times, but that's THEIR choice and it causes nobody else harm, so who cares?
I agree Fatman doesn't deserve hate

However I don't know if I can agree about him not directly leaking anything. I understand that he's trying not to be seen in the same light as other leakers like Vergeben. However I've seen posts from him where it was more, "Sharing inside info" than Theorizing going on, which borders on the line of him being a leaker

All the stuff with him hearing about Bethasda for fighter number 5, The Deconfirm list that had Cuphead on it, The one rumor which stated a Dante like character was in Development. That's leeaking/rumor type stuff and not just Theorizing

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
One's a one-time purchase, with 'maybe' DLC.

One's a platform which they'll be able to milk near infinite amount of money from as long as it's successful.
Yeah but if you're smart marketing-wise you use Pokemon Snap to boost Pokemon Unite. Put the two in the same presentation, and announce beforehand that you'll be showing something new for the Snap brand. That'll give you more eyes and more positivity. Instead they left Unite as their "one more thing" on its own presentation, making people think it would either be a new mainline game or another showcase of several games. Disappointment was inevitable.

TheBeastHimself

However I don't know if I can agree about him not directly leaking anything. I understand that he's trying not to be seen in the same light as other leakers like Vergeben. However I've seen posts from him where it was more, "Sharing inside info" than Theorizing going on, which borders on the line of him being a leaker

All the stuff with him hearing about Bethasda for fighter number 5, The Deconfirm list that had Cuphead on it, The one rumor which stated a Dante like character was in Development. That's leeaking/rumor type stuff and not just Theorizing
Honestly I've just returned to the site again recently, I'm speaking based on my past experiences with him so you could be 100% right. Regardless, I wanted to make the point clear that Fatman never asked the Geno thread to worship him as if every breath were gospel, so I don't believe he should be held accountable for someone trivial like that.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah but if you're smart marketing-wise you use Pokemon Snap to boost Pokemon Unite. Put the two in the same presentation, and announce beforehand that you'll be showing something new for the Snap brand. That'll give you more eyes and more positivity. Instead they left Unite as their "one more thing" on its own presentation, making people think it would either be a new mainline game or another showcase of several games. Disappointment was inevitable.
I mean, I don't disagree here. When I heard of Snap 2(?) was coming, I was bouncing all over the walls.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mean, I don't disagree here. When I heard of Snap 2(?) was coming, I was bouncing all over the walls.
I woke up to news of New Pokemon Snap and I was so excited I watched the presentation. Reasoning being, if that's the caliber of announcements, maybe something else on it will also be cool.

I ended up watching a toothbrush game trailer.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Honestly I've just returned to the site again recently, I'm speaking based on my past experiences with him so you could be 100% right. Regardless, I wanted to make the point clear that Fatman never asked the Geno thread to worship him as if every breath were gospel, so I don't believe he should be held accountable for someone trivial like that.
Yeah I can agree with that. I don't see Fatman as a Cult leader that needs his Followers to worship his word. I do think sometimes his Theories do be getting crazy, but honestly that is alot of the times the funnest Parts of Speculation, at least for me. If people believe the theories and those turn out Wrong (like alot have), or Geno doesn't get in or something like that, It is what it is.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
You joke, but there would be at least one person who would try to argue that the moba and the fighting game are the same because big crossover event.
Simply put, these people don't know the terror that is Solo Queue and the existential dread that comes with it.

I wanna know how long will it be after Unite's launch until I see something along the lines of "Lucario ADC!? Im inting".

Why did I forget that, thought it was an Aniplex thing...

It is quite scary due to implications, yes. At the same time, I'm not entirely surprised since they're very easy to get into - and monetization via mobile is via microtransactions / ads because upfront costs are much less feasible. If one goes with an upfront $5 at the Play Store, well, there are at least 10-100 other free to play games practically next door.

(And IIRC the Unite games are designed to be 10-15 minutes, but point still stands.)

It's worth noting that mobile esports is very much a thing in Asian countries (including Japan) but not in western countries. That said the same kind of stigma around mobile games exist in Asian countries - to a somewhat lesser extent. For example this meme:

I honestly think the difference is simply because mobile games are more accepted as an legitimate area of the industry. It's overall more difficult to get access to a computer or console than in western countries for example (and in most Asian countries more difficult to get $60 games).

Quick edit: I honestly believe that one reason for hyping Unite up was for the hardcore mobile esports crowd, which TPC hasn't attempted to reach before this game.
Not to mention: Japan in particular has a better shot at liking a mobile MOBA than a PC one. Mobile is growing rapidly, and I think it's generally seen as the biggest platform over there, while PC... yeah.

Even if Unite ends up being a bit more casual compared to others, it still might be a golden opportunity for TPC and Nintendo if they play their cards right.

TheBeastHimself

The last thing I'll say regarding Geno is that if he is ever announced as DLC, I don't want this thread to turn into

"WOW THOSE ENTITLED GENO FANS MUST BE LETTING THIS GO TO THEIR HEAD."

It's just a character.

SKX31

Smash Master
That's true - that said, TPC did that because they wanted to announce their partnership with Tencent - which leads me to...

Tencent's bloody vice president was at that stream IIRC. That was a massive signal in itself.

It's especially irritating since A) one major reason why Unite exists is probably because Arena of Valor (Tencent's own mobile MOBA) fumbled in the West and B) This completely fits Tencent's organizational ideology: the upper brass seriously ordered their teams to create 2 competing versions of PUBG Mobile for China specifically... then Tencent ordered both to be scrapped and retooled one of them into a sanitized version because the Chinese government didn't like the two previous versions.

The Chinese nickname for Tencent, "The Penguin Factory" (and it's not a nice nickname, especially given context) is with good reason.

I woke up to news of New Pokemon Snap and I was so excited I watched the presentation. Reasoning being, if that's the caliber of announcements, maybe something else on it will also be cool.

I ended up watching a toothbrush game trailer.
TBF, it seems to be a perfectly fine game for parents with young kids. It helps that there are no microtransactions planned at all there.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh by the way guys, I want to get your opinion on this

I asked my Fellow Smashfaqs brothers about Nintendo choosing the DLC. while tere were alot of joke responses, I saw an interesting theory and I just want to gauge how likely you think this theory is

Credits to Lilfoxtato from Gamefaqs

1) The People who Negotiate the with the contracts (higher ups within the company I would assume) extend an offer to any other company with close relations i.e. Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Konami, SNK, Microsoft etc. or decide among internal development teams i.e. Intellegent Systems, Pokemon Company, The ARMS development team etc.

2) The higher ups at Nintendo who extend the offer don't choose who they want specifically per say. Instead they allow the The other company to choose from their own Intellectual Properties what character they want added. If an internal development team is chosen then the head of Development chooses who they want in Smash.

3) Sakurai is given the final say. If he believes the chosen character is realizable then the character is Green-lit. If Sakurai believes the chosen character is unable to work then that character is rejected and the Third party Company or Head of development is then asked to choose another if they can.

Here's an example of how it works:

Step 1. Nintendo wants to form a contract with Sega -> Step 2. Sega Chooses Joker -> Step 3. Sakurai Accepts Joker -> Step 4. Contract is Signed and Joker is Greenlit

Step 1. Nintendo wants a first party character from ARMS -> Step 2. Kosuke Yabuki is given the privilege to select a character from his series that he wants in Smash and chooses Min Min -> Step 3. Sakurai Accepts Min Min -> Step 4. Contract is signed and Min Min is Greenlit

cosmicB

Smash Ace
That was Hitagi.

Hitagi's info was all over the damn place and is pretty much irrelevant anymore. Hitagi wasn't really much behind Katalina as much as they were somehow deep into Cygame's and Nintendo's business relationship....somehow?
Yeah, that's who I'm thinking of. I'm actually in a discord with them, but they mostly went inactive before I joined it which is why I didn't remember the name.

It's too bad, I think Katalina would've been neat.

He's shared a ton of information he's gotten that by no reasonable metric can we call "speculation" like he desperately wants to be seen as. Saying "hey, 3 dead franchises are being revived!" with absolute certainty isn't speculation, that's leaking insider information.

Fortunately, I think we can disregard what he says for the most part because he threw out a "leak" that I know for a fact isn't happening. I don't know who his contacts are, but he's either falling for some really easily-verifiable leakbait or he's just getting overall faulty information.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, that's who I'm thinking of. I'm actually in a discord with them, but they mostly went inactive before I joined it which is why I didn't remember the name.

It's too bad, I think Katalina would've been neat.

He's shared a ton of information he's gotten that by no reasonable metric can we call "speculation" like he desperately wants to be seen as. Saying "hey, 3 dead franchises are being revived!" with absolute certainty isn't speculation, that's leaking insider information.

Fortunately, I think we can disregard what he says for the most part because he threw out a "leak" that I know for a fact isn't happening. I don't know who his contacts are, but he's either falling for some really easily-verifiable leakbait or he's just getting overall faulty information.
As someone who knows Granblue like the back of my hand

It'd still be VERY weird. They can't even pull the "EVERYONE'S THE PROTAGONIST!" like they did with ARMs. Katalina is literally a secondary character.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I asked my Fellow Smashfaqs brothers about Nintendo choosing the DLC. while tere were alot of joke responses, I saw an interesting theory and I just want to gauge how likely you think this theory is

1) The People who Negotiate the with the contracts (higher ups within the company I would assume) extend an offer to any other company with close relations i.e. Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Konami, SNK, Microsoft etc. or decide among internal development teams i.e. Intellegent Systems, Pokemon Company, The ARMS development team etc.

2) The higher ups at Nintendo who extend the offer don't choose who they want specifically per say. Instead they allow the The other company to choose from their own Intellectual Properties what character they want added. If an internal development team is chosen then the head of Development chooses who they want in Smash.

3) Sakurai is given the final say. If he believes the chosen character is realizable then the character is Green-lit. If Sakurai believes the chosen character is unable to work then that character is rejected and the Third party Company or Head of development is then asked to choose another if they can.

Step 1. Nintendo wants to form a contract with Sega -> Step 2. Sega Chooses Joker -> Step 3. Sakurai Accepts Joker -> Step 4. Contract is Signed and Joker is Greenlit

Step 1. Nintendo wants a first party character from ARMS -> Step 2. Kosuke Yabuki is given the privilege to select a character from his series that he wants in Smash and chooses Min Min -> Step 3. Sakurai Accepts Min Min -> Step 4. Contract is signed and Min Min is Greenlit
I think if that were the case, then we wouldn't get statements like how Hero was the first choice, but they would pick Slime instead if that they vetoed that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That's true - that said, TPC did that because they wanted to announce their partnership with Tencent - which leads me to...

Tencent's bloody vice president was at that stream IIRC. That was a massive signal in itself.

It's especially irritating since A) one major reason why Unite exists is probably because Arena of Valor (Tencent's own mobile MOBA) fumbled in the West and B) This completely fits Tencent's organizational ideology: the upper brass seriously ordered their teams to create 2 competing versions of PUBG Mobile for China specifically... then Tencent ordered both to be scrapped and retooled one of them into a sanitized version because the Chinese government didn't like the two previous versions.

The Chinese nickname for Tencent, "The Penguin Factory" (and it's not a nice nickname, especially given context) is with good reason.

TBF, it seems to be a perfectly fine game for parents with young kids. It helps that there are no microtransactions planned at all there.
Oh, sure, no quarrel with toothbrush game. I just commented on it to illustrate the marketing power of Direct-style presentations. They just need you to watch it for one thing, and you've voluntarily exposed yourself to whatever they want to show you. Conversely, I haven't even seen the trailer for Unite.

And also because the image of loser me watching a trailer for a game intended to make children brush their teeth, that's just funny

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As someone who knows Granblue like the back of my hand

It'd still be VERY weird. They can't even pull the "EVERYONE'S THE PROTAGONIST!" like they did with ARMs. Katalina is literally a secondary character.
Looking back, it's pretty weird that nobody questioned why they'd pick Katalina and not Gran & Djeeta.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Looking back, it's pretty weird that nobody questioned why they'd pick Katalina and not Gran & Djeeta.
*Raises hand*

I definitely did, but that's also because I've been playing this game for 4 years now and know pretty much all there is to know. That instantly set off my bull**** alarm.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Seriously and Gran/Djeeta could even come packaged with Lyria so even for character representation Gran/Djeeta make the most sense

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Not that weird. The average western smash fan doesn't know what Granblue is and at the time it looked like she was going to be the main character of Granblue Relink (action spin-off game for PS4), and a console action game would be infinitely more palatable than a mobile gacha.

Edit: That being said, it annoyed me a lot how people were acting like Katalina was sooooo much more interesting even though she's one of the most boring and generic characters in the game. The literal mute protagonists show more personality in their art for their different jobs than Katalina does in 100+ chapters of main quest with voiced dialogue.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Both Joker and Banjo Kazooie go against that theory. No way Microsoft would choose banjo over a series that's more relevant. And Sakurai went over to say he wanted joker in smash, so they didn't even know about it before he did, at least inferring from the interviews.

Theories are fine, but you gotta work on them a lot and in the end people want something boxed in to believe, but things are usually a bit more open ;p

TheBeastHimself

You don't need to ask to be subtly manipulative and influence with a pumped up ego. Just sayin'
I've never witnessed that, at least from my experience. He always, and still does to me, seem like a pretty chill guy, but I can see where a lot of the hate comes from. It's one of those topics I'm entirely neutral on, I have no personal beef with the dude, he has always been nice to be and I've been nice to him, I just never realized how infamous he is outside that thread until now.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've never witnessed that, at least from my experience. He always, and still does to me, seem like a pretty chill guy, but I can see where a lot of the hate comes from. It's one of those topics I'm entirely neutral on, I have no personal beef with the dude, he has always been nice to be and I've been nice to him, I just never realized how infamous he is outside that thread until now.
I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to get a warning for flaming again, which has only happened with him.
Some people don't see some things about someone, because they focus on what they like, and give credit for that. That's what I think, but I tend to stay away from that now. I like Geno, I just prefer to be mild about the fanbase for now XD

I.D.

Smash Lord
Both Joker and Banjo Kazooie go against that theory. No way Microsoft would choose banjo over a series that's more relevant. And Sakurai went over to say he wanted joker in smash, so they didn't even know about it before he did, at least inferring from the interviews.

Theories are fine, but you gotta work on them a lot and in the end people want something boxed in to believe, but things are usually a bit more open ;p
Phil Spencer had been pushing for Banjo for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom